[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: 2708326-peace-walker-poster.png (2MB, 1440x893px) Image search: [Google]
2708326-peace-walker-poster.png
2MB, 1440x893px
So who's the strongest of the Snakes?

I mean, it's obviously Raiden (he was a Snake for a short while), but he's broken, so he doesn't count. After him, it's likely Snake. What about after that?

Snake > Solidus > Liquid > Venom > Big Boss?
>>
big bops can squat peace walkers leg, i don't see how venom or solidus did that could show to be stronger than him
>>
>>382481517
Solidus is Big Boss's equal with cybernetic enhancements and Venom was said to be a better soldier (plus, he did better against Solid than BB did anyway).
>>
File: 1403322687906.png (2MB, 796x1664px) Image search: [Google]
1403322687906.png
2MB, 796x1664px
>>382481101
Solidus wasn't really good. He used a muscle suit that gave him super speed and strength. He also had octopus arms and still lost to big girl butt Raiden. Venom and Big Boss are equal.

It would go Solid > Big Boss = Venom > Liquid > Solidus.
>>
Solid and Liquid are super soldiers with many of Big Boss' imperfections ironed out. I think Solidus was meant to be a perfect clone of Big Boss.
>>
>>382481517
venom doesn't exist. solidus, liquid, and solid are all genetically altered and inferior to big boss.
>inb4 solidus is a perfect clone
with advanced aging, by they time sons of liberty comes around he can't get around without an exosuit. so big boss is the strongest.
>>
>>382481998
>with advanced aging
Solid Snake has advanced aging, Solidus only jumped ahead in years.
>>
>>382481948
Being taken out by Raiden shouldn't mean much considering Raiden took out a handful of RAYs on his own.
>>
>>382481998
>inferior
>Solid Snake kicked Big Boss ass with a makeshift flamethrower

what did anon mean by this
>>
Liquid Snake is like a genetically engineered master race
>>
>>382482220
Dumb retarded Rays. Also MG Ray is a jobber. Rex fucked it up and it was sitting in alaska for 10 years.
>>
Don't they call Raiden "Snake" for like half of the campaign

Anyway Solid is canonically the one who bested Big Boss, Venom, Liquid and Solidus so the question is moot
>>
>>382482367
Mantis pls.
>>
>>382482395
Raiden took out Solidus, anon.
>>
>>382482317
solid snake in full manchurian candidate mode at physical peak vs. a 60 year old big boss, who by this point is already worn down. huh, jeez, i wonder why solid snake won. solid snake at that point vs. big boss at his peak is nothing.
>>
>>382482665
...well... I mean, but, you see... If it wasn't for Snake hooking him up with RPG ammo and mental support during the harrier fight, like, it really was Snake's doing in part, kind of.
>>
>>382483064
> 60 year old man with proper equipment
> young adult with a fucking makeshift flamethrower

yeeeee
>>
>>382483101
Raiden defeated Solidus fair-and-square at the end of MGS2
>>
>>382483561
>>382483561
>full manchurian candidate modo
>>
>>382481101
Depends really. Since the age difference is pretty vast. Yes Solid fights and beats both Venom and Big Boss, but they're both old as shit then. Also funny how you call Raiden the strongest when yes he's physically strong but mentally he weak as shit. Every game he's in someone has had to baby his arse and give him reason to live/continue, so he doesn't go full emo and kill himself. Liquid is plain fucked since he never wins a fight, yet in MGS1 he's the most durable motherfucker ever and only loses to FOXDIE, and would've totally won if not for that.

If we are going on when the characters are in their prime, it's still difficult since Liquid died so early, yet would've beat Solid. But I'd call Solid being in his prime MGS2 so that point of reference sorta goes out the window since Liquid doesn't survive that long. Either way I'm thinking about this way to fucking hard. so:

Peace Walker Big Boss = MGS2 Solid Snake => Liquid > Venom > Solidus

As I said earlier Raiden is the best physically, but is very easily prone to suicidal tendencies.
>>
>>382483064
Solid Snake can still fuck shit up even if he has the body of an 80 year old man.
>>
File: 1324567898654.gif (47KB, 225x309px) Image search: [Google]
1324567898654.gif
47KB, 225x309px
>>382483064
Really? Solid Snake was physically 80 and walked through a giant microwave oven and still fought and be beat ocelot who had a super strength arm. If a 60s year old Big Boss can't beat some dude who had no convectional weapons, Yet Old Snake did far crazier shit, then you don't really have an argument.
>>
>>382482220
Mass produced RAYs are weak as fuck
>>
>>382483917
>Big Boss jobs to The Boss a gorillion times because "MUH BOSS"
>Raiden doesn't falter even after Solidus throws a billion RAYs at him

MENTAL ISSUES
>>
>>382483697
Yeah, but who did he get the sword from? Huh? Huh?
>>
>>382484387
not funny anon
>>
Stealthiest = Solid/Old Snake
Charismatic = Solidus
Combat Master = Venom
Well Rounded = Biggu Bossu

Liquid needs a Metal Gear Liquid game to really give us an idea of what he's capable of.
>>
>>382483917
Venom beat Liquid's ass (or would have beaten, if Kojima finished his damn game) when the latter had control of a Metal Gear.

Liquid is a fucking jobber, really.
>>
File: Mad-old-snake.jpg (36KB, 304x376px) Image search: [Google]
Mad-old-snake.jpg
36KB, 304x376px
This thread just made me realize that all the MGS had awesome final battles except for fucking PW and MGSV. Damn, don't even give a shit if it's pandering, I wish Skull Face knew some martial art shit so Venom could have a cqc battle or some shit.
>>
>>382484590
child Liquid lol, who jobbed even to Ocelot
>>
>>382484590
oh right. so to update the list

>>382484498
Stealthiest = Solid/Old
Charismatic = Solidus
Combat Master = Venom
Well Rounded = Biggu Bossu
Metal Gear Pilot = Liquid
>>
>>382484668
>PW
What's with this meme? ZEKE was a great battle.
>>
File: miraculously survive.png (228KB, 612x534px) Image search: [Google]
miraculously survive.png
228KB, 612x534px
>>382484498
Liquid gave Solid the most trouble. He survives pretty much everything Snake threw at him. Although Solid was better, Liquid's will power is insane.
>>
>>382484171
Raiden does falter though? Raidens problem is that he's a great solider but goes to shit every time his motives or actions are questioned. Raiden goes to shit plenty of times in MGS2 where Olga or Snake have to pull him through, and the trend continues with him.

Big Boss does go to shit when it comes to The Boss but other than that he holds up reasonably well, and it doesn't make him lose the will to continue, most of the time it drives him further.

>>382484590
Honestly maybe Metal Gears aren't as effective as one might first assume. Has ANY Metal Gear actually succeeded? Like at all?
>>
>>382485148
Raiden's got his shit together in Rising though, even if that's not canon.
>>
>>382484764

>Combat Master = Venom

Can someone explain this to me? Wasn't Venom just a doctor who was tricked into thinking he was Big Boss? When the real Big Boss actually defeated the original Boss.Or are we now supposed to think any jobber could have done that.
>>
File: MGS4-kill-self.jpg (40KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
MGS4-kill-self.jpg
40KB, 600x335px
>>382484779
>ZEKE was a great battle.
Not with that soundtrack in the background
>>
>>382485441
>he didn't like the best song
>>
>>382485148
> Raiden does falter though? Raidens problem is that he's a great solider but goes to shit every time his motives or actions are questioned. Raiden goes to shit plenty of times in MGS2 where Olga or Snake have to pull him through, and the trend continues with him

happens like twice

> RAY gauntlet
> end of MGS2, when Raiden has an existential crisis
>>
>>382485441
>not liking animu soundtrack
Take a look at this fag?
>>
>>382485415
Rising is canon dumbass. Kojima loved it and it had his seal of approval
>>
Gaseous Snake

You can't even feel or see that fucker.
>>
>>382485676
Mgrr is semi canon. Kojima thinks of it like he does towards portable ops. The events happen but the small details are different. Kojima thinks only his games are truly canon.
>>
File: excelsus.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
excelsus.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
>>382485148
EXCELSUS managed to feed Armstrong with enough energy to pummel Raiden
>>
File: Metal_gear_acid_cards.jpg (349KB, 1051x890px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_gear_acid_cards.jpg
349KB, 1051x890px
>>382481101
I think we are forgetting a certain Snake with the ability to channel all other Snakes.
>>
>>382486018
That's the old interview dumbass before he played the game. Afterwards he said he loved it and it was canon
>>
>>382487518
Post it.
>>
>>382484387
Olga
>>
>>382481101
I don't count Raiden because he wasn't part of Boss genetics or his body double. In that case:

Liquid (who actually got the best genes) > Solidus (who was a half/half stuff) > Solid Snake (he is actually the "Danny Devito" if we want to use the "Twins" analogy) > Venom (the canon says he is the way better soldier compared to Boss, that's why Big Boss even uses him) > Big Boss (normal human being without any superficial special abilities or genetically improved, even the "worst" outcome clone Snake has at least an genius level IQ around 200)
>>
>>382488567
How can you put liquid ahead of Solid when he literally beat him 3 times? It doesn't matter if liquid had dominant genes, Solid was the better fighter.
>>
>>382489081
It is canon that either Liquid or Solidus (and I'm not sure, maybe Solidus is the perfect clone and Liquid half/half, I mean, Solidus was the fucking president of the united states) are genetically perfect in every way. Solid is more or less the rest product who has a shitload of luck and thinks about his possibilities in a fight.
>>
File: serious hayter.jpg (13KB, 227x274px) Image search: [Google]
serious hayter.jpg
13KB, 227x274px
>>382489375
Genes don't mean anything. That was the whole point of MGS. It doesn't matter if Liquid had dominant genes or Solidus was a "perfect" clone. Your actions and skills are what makes you great. Solid beat Liquid despite him being the "inferior" clones because he didn't let how he was created define him as person.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>382490174
>Genes don't mean anything.
>>
Raiden >Solid>Venom=Big Boss> Liquid>Solidus
>>
>>382487707
you post yours
>>
>>382484080
Old Snake had nothing against old BB in the cementary on Naked Son.
>>
>>382491907
You mean after he was physically and mentally broken and BB just woke up for a peaceful coma nap.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.