[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diablo 3 Necromancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 451
Thread images: 60

File: diablo-3-necromancer.jpg (605KB, 1920x1369px) Image search: [Google]
diablo-3-necromancer.jpg
605KB, 1920x1369px
>Necromancers back, baby! I bet Blizzard has put a ton of work into it to put Diablo 3 back on the map! They had a PTR and everything. It's gonna be so cool playing around with new skills and sets!
>Inarius set dominates 99% of leaderboards
>Wanna try it in group? Sorry you have to give up 50% damage reduction from unequipping Unity
>Wanna play skelemancer? Have fun dying from 1 goat spear and constantly spam skeleton mages (so interactive!)
>Wanna play bloodmancer? Have fun sacrificing your own health with zero survivability for subpar damage
>Pestilence what?
>>
>>382468437

This, holy shit. I'm afraid of criticising them too much in the general chat but what were they thinking? I enjoy playing Necro but there is almost no balance between the sets. I hope they shit out a rebalance before the next season starts.
>>
If I don't give a shit about seasons or whatever else endgame this shit has, would replaying the campaign with necromancer once before dropping the game again be fun for me?
>>
>>382469002
campaign is always fun, whatever class you pick.
>>
>>382469002
Isn't the Necro like 15 dollars? It seems like too much just to replay the campaign.
>>
>>382469002
I've been playing campaign with my friend using a pair of necromancers and I've been having fun. The endgame of diablo 3 never really grasped me past torment 4, it's just a cookie cutter build cluster fuck of an experience.
>>
grim dawn necro will be better... and free
>>
>>382469002
Not worth it imo. Same dialogue as the rest of the cast except now spoken by a Necromancer. You won't experience anything new except some class specific stuff pre Malthael fight. Skills are designed for high level sets and items in mind. They aren't especially fun on their own.
>>
>>382468437
Inarius sucks too.
>>
>>382469406
Just get a job
>>
>>382468437
>it's so fucking shit nobody talks about it
as expected
>>
File: 1483751579052.jpg (18KB, 229x278px) Image search: [Google]
1483751579052.jpg
18KB, 229x278px
>>382468437
yeah, i cant wait to play it on my ps3
>>
>>382468437
Im having fun so far. Meleemancer is best
>>
File: 1464044971542.jpg (47KB, 519x449px) Image search: [Google]
1464044971542.jpg
47KB, 519x449px
If you actively purchased the Jew $15 Necromancer pack for Diablo 3 you deserve any disappointment or regret you feel.

You literally threw money at a failed product because of the name Necromancer. You are everything wrong with modern gaming.
>>
>>382469639
I'm pretty sure the expansion will cost money.
>>
>>382469879
>Just get a job
You mean like replaying D3?
>>
File: arthas with a flesh golem.jpg (453KB, 667x482px) Image search: [Google]
arthas with a flesh golem.jpg
453KB, 667x482px
Who /ready for real Necromancer/ here
>>
>>382468437
I had some entertainment leveling him to 70, playing some rifts and running through the new zones.

It's just not enough, it's clear that they are just throwing bits and pieces of the cancelled expansion at us. Diablo 4 when?
>>
>>382470019
Grow up
>>
>>382470019
>failed product
>Diablo 3 reached the 10th best selling game of all time in 2015
>>
>>382469639
Necromancer will not be free. He is a part of the upcoming expansion, which will cost money.

You are the 4th person I've seen say this, and I have no idea where you people get your misinformation.
>>
>>382469879
>having a job justifies accepting a corporation's bad business practices
???
>>
>>382470019
>I spent 15 bucks of the almost 200 bucks I've made through WoW tokens.
>So I deserve regret disappointment, and I'm what's wrong with video games

Lmaoing
>>
>>382470638
It's because the fags will be pirating it
>>
File: 1367890662919.jpg (20KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1367890662919.jpg
20KB, 334x393px
>The class isn't perfect, but I'm still having fun with it, and I'm happy to support the franchise. We've gotten a lot of free content over the years, and I've gotten easily over 200+ hours of enjoyment out of the game as a whole.
>I'm also relatively confident that Blizz will change some of the lamer stuff. They've done a pretty good job of revamping un-fun or underpowered abilities and runes for other classes in the past.
>I do wish that skeletons didn't look like glow in the dark toys though ;/
typical blizzdrone
>>
>>382470630
d4 wont reach quarter of that after d3's buyers remorse
>>
>>382470304
>Diablo 4 when?
It probably will depend on how well the inevitable D2 remaster does.
>>
>>382471096
You underestimate the power of Blizzard games selling like hot cakes
>>
>>382470304
>Diablo 4 when?
Probably never. They've made shit loads of money on packs in Hearthstone and loot boxes in Overwatch which is low effort shit. Why would they waste resources on a new Diablo?
>>
>>382468437
This dumb video pretty much tells you everything you need to know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Z-6L2r5pg
>>
>>382471559
Because Diablo 3 was one of the highest selling PC games ever made
>>
>>382470019
>waaaaaah muh gaming is today is wrong
>waaaaaah i was born in the wrong generation waaaaah
Get fucked. I hope gaming dies just so we don't have to hear you bitch about how much it sucks today.
>>
>>382472132
Yeah but they could make a shitty f2p Diablo game on mobile and make way more money for less effort.
>>
>>382470019
I've spent $15 on dinners I've regretted more than some nothing DLC.
>>
>>382471096
D4 will happen. Even Brevik thinks it's inevitable. The franchise is just too big for them not to make a new Diablo game. The genre still has life in it and Blizzard can spin Diablo 4 as the redemption story of the franchise after the disappointment of 3.
>>
>>382472656
will brevik come back?
>>
>>382474105
He said he'd totally come back if they asked him. He'd love to.
>>
>£15 for one (1) singular class

Jesus christ
>>
File: 1846524564852.jpg (61KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1846524564852.jpg
61KB, 315x315px
>>382472656
Speaking of which, the new zones that came with the patch give some decent indication where they could take the story without writing themselves into a corner. Namely, if the demons can't beat the nephalem, join them by ingesting the power within their blood.
>>
>>382472656
>redemption

That would require D3 to be a failure, which it certainly wasnt for Blizzard
>>
>>382474105
Blizzard is trying to hire Grim Dawn's lead designer actually
>>
>>382474937
They also imply at the end of RoS that Nephalems could get CORRUPTED.
So they could just make the classes of Diablo 3 into bosses in Diablo 4.
>>
>>382475871
Woah, source?
>>
>>382475871
sauce
>>
>>382475871
well it better be for d4 because no amount of patching will make d3 as good as GD
>>
>>382470630
>jews are right because they run the world banking system
>>
>>382476532
The winning side is always right, anon
>>
>>382476186
>implying they'd ever do this after whoring out D3 to HoTS and giving every single hero a personality and heroic paradigm

The moment things like Li-Ming and Sonya happened, that possibility in D3/D4 got discarded. Fanboys would turbo-rage at Blizzard and they are strangely subceptible to never-evering things that touch rage areas.
>>
>>382475871
>Grim Dawn's lead designer working on D4
>Dustin Browder as game director of D4

I would be incredibly excited. I fucking hope Dustin Browder was moved to D4, but we won't know for a while. That motherfucker is the best.
>>
>>382476842
Make the male counterparts the evil ones then, I don't see why it would such a huge deal.
>>
>>382476772
>jews are winning
they're all going to burn in hell like losers
>>
>>382477040

That'd imply they exist/are canon as opposed to the heroes presented in HoTS, again causing a shit storm over muh HoTS representatives and so on.
Sadly they have driven themselves into a corner where using the same plot device they already used in Diablo 2 would only harm them.
>>
>>382477001
>responsible for sc2
>the best
hm
>>
Why does Grim Dawn have such fucking terrible art when Titan Quest's art work was 10/10?
>>
>>382476842
The HotS heroes are not the same heroes from D3. They're, if anything, alternate universe versions of the D3 Nephalem, from timelines in which THEY are the Nephalem.

And that's just TRYING to make sense of it, the real truth is that they don't give a shit and just threw them over into HotS, whereas D3 has items that simply reference the HotS characters by namedropping them.

So in short, yes, that very well could be a possibility and is honestly a really fucking awesome idea, having the Nephalem be a boss in each act.
>>
>>382477469
SC2 was a very good game though. They pulled off the asymmetric faction design almost perfectly, and mechanically it was one of the most impressive games I've ever seen.

The problem was that it was fully designed for eSports cancer. The custom games of sc1 weren't there, there was nothing except ladder for a very long time. This scares away people who just wanna play for fun instead of having to endure the stress of climbing the ladder every single day.

I'm talking about release btw.
>>
>>382477469
>Responsible for Heroes of the Storm

Yeah, he's fucking great. They only started doing semi-dumb shit after he was moved to lead a new "unannounced project".
>>
>>382477738
Dunno man I played and got to masters (when it was introduced) at release and the blobby combat situation was never fixed.
99% of games always revolved around a single fight and that made the game be a lot less viewer friendly than brood war which always had multiple skirmishes around the whole map before the game would be decided
>>
>>382477696

It doesn't matter if they could. They could bring back anyone from any game by all means, but they ain't gonna do it. The characters have faces and names now, even if anyone wants to throw the alternate reality buzzconcept around, the people now have expectations of how the characters would behave, and repeating the same old tune as with D2's assassin would simply piss people off in two different fronts; unoriginality and waifu-destroying. They just aren't going to chance it. They never do.
>>
>>382472010
holy shit, kill yourself you subhuman shill
>>
>>382478439
im pretty sure he wasn't implying the video was a positive thing
>>
>>382477696
They could also have some of the Nephalem classes be NPC's, like the Demon Hunter.
Wizard would surely be a boss because of the whole being very power hungry thing and we could get to see Xiansai, same with the Monk returning to Ivgorod and corrupting the monk council or something.
>>
>>382478073
>>382478754
I am ALL for them pulling a Torchlight 2 in D4, it really really just comes down to whomever they're going to have writing the thing, and how willing they are to try and shy away from the more Hollywood type story structure Metzen was gearing towards near the end of his career.
>>
You can't make your own build in this game. You HAVE to use the sets the developers created for you, or the 1-2 outlier LoN builds (which are still a set). Each class has like 25 different skills and 100 different skill runes yet the sets dictate you're only allowed to use 1-2 4-5 skills and 4-5 runes. What's the point of this game if you can't even make your own characters and are forced to use preset builds the developer made?
>>
>15 bucks
Fuck Blizzard
Seriously, fuck them
>>
>>382479286
The funny thing is that when asked why they never went with a traditional talent tree and stat distribution system, they said "well because people just end up playing the exact same builds and statting the exact same way so whats the point? this way, you get to change your build whenever you'd like"
>>
>huh i wonder what Inarius set does
>3000% multiplier on anything hit by bone armor

lol
>>
>>382469879
>I'm a corporate cuck, why aren't you?
>>
This game was way better when I was making $500 a week just selling shit on the RMAH instead of equipping it.
>>
>>382479537
That was kinda true though. Diablo 2 had very strange design decisions. Stats were useless for the most part and barely required any planning. You put in the minimum dex and str required to equip the gear you plan on getting and then you dump the rest in Vit 99% of the time. The classes were so imbalanced that they usually only had two viable builds at most. End game was just farming Baal runs as quickly as possible so you can get the gear required for your build. And boy howdy was it fun grinding for runewords.
>>
>>382468437

Who cares? As if I'm going to give Blizzard yet ANOTHER chance, or any more money to fix shit that shouldn't have been so horrendously broken in the first place.
>>
>>382478439
>>382478709
It was just a fucking video. Necro isn't that great is the point.
>>
Can someone explain to me why do people constantly criticize diablo 3 for its "shit story"? Are they actually implying Diablo 1 and 2 had good stories?

To expand on that, why is D3's story considered dumb?
>>
>>382480014
That's the thing, just because D2 had some flaws with the way stats interacted with gear and builds nad shit, that doesn't mean they couldn't have sat down and worked it out. Cookie cutter builds are always going to be present, no matter fucking what, but between talent trees, stats and gear, there are still some people who manage to make funky builds that semi-work, even if it means essentially just being all twinked out.

The illusion of free choice still feels better overall even if it's a minority who will actually put it to good use. I sincerely hope they go back to the traditional set up for D4, and make it actually work this time. Torchlight and Grim Dawn did it pretty decently, and everything is able to be improved. These motherfuckers have the money to put forth the effort needed to attempt improving it.
>>
>>382480492
Would you say the story is good?
Or the narrative for that matter?
It's awful in any regard.
>>
>>382480014
>end game was baal farming
what?????? what about ancient tunnels?
>>
>>382468437

>people pay 15 dollars for this
>>
>>382480014
>The classes were so imbalanced that they usually only had two viable builds at most
two for each class or two between all the classes? either statement isn't really accurate but the former might be considered accurate if your definition of viable is meta/best.

>End game was just farming Baal runs as quickly as possible so you can get the gear required for your build
you farmed baal for xp not for gear/drops.
>>
>>382480492
It's the difference between having a narrative which is subtle and passive vs. one that throws everything in your face via cutscenes all over the place, and one that also follows typical Hollywood action flicks both in story structure and presentation, because man are those D3 cinematics actiony.
>>
File: Screenshot012.jpg (678KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot012.jpg
678KB, 800x600px
>>382470240
>one minion

Come on, step it up.
>>
>>382470240
Is that the greatest aRPG ever created ? ( Grim dawn)
What mod?
>>
>>382480970
Grim Dawn's Necro is going to have skellies as well.
>>
>>382481027
>
it's poe (not him but he posts that every thread)
>>
>>382481027
It's the Necromancer, coming with the expansion.
>>
>>382481204
PoE is garbage.
Press one button to oneshot 4 screens.
Woah.
>>
>>382481384
ya i'm not a fan of it either, i hate how they do teleports (they are so much slower/weaker than d2 sorc or enigma)
>>
I enjoyed it, endgame is pretty bad though but I only play seasons and wth friends mostly so I still enjoyed it. I know it's a waste of money but I can afford it and I hope it gives some measure to helping D4 get made
>>
>>382481204
>lying about something so trivial and easily proven wrong
http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54548
Stop shitposting and kill yourself.
>>
>>382481630
is it actually grim dawn? sorry, someone said it was poe in an earlier thread, my mistake
>>
I just dont see the replay value in diablo 3. I beat the game one of the harder difficulties and if I felt done with it. Only came back to mess around with reaper of souls before ditching the game again. Don't get me wrong I had fun. But just watching numbers go up to the point to whete the only difference between levels of play is how long i hold down the mouse to kill an enemy. And seasons dont sound appealing either, I tried it and had fun till i had to start all over.
>>
the ONLY good thing about D3 was the characterization and voice acting / dialog. If you played through the campaign getting every convo the PC got pretty fully developped and the voice acting was genuinely good. It's hard to believe but the characters have genuine depth (except for the retarded witch doctor)

How is the necro dialog / voice acting?
>>
>>382468437
Fuck off you retarded shill
D3 is dead
>>
>>382481487
flame dash is pretty great, but limited by charges
lightning warp is not limited, but slow as fuck
>>
>>382480492
D1 and 2 stories were rather subdued. It was mostly about the atmosphere and the setting in general. I wouldn't say they're works of art or anything, but they put in something engaging enough without being shoved in your face and convoluted.

D3 is more like a hollywood adaptation. D1 and D2 heroes were mostly normal people that noticed some evil going on and went to investigate it. D3 heroes are super powered special snowflakes that awakened once more after the Worldstone exploded. There was no real reason for this considering that normal humans fared just fine against demons when they actually tried. Retconning D1 warrior into being Leoric's son makes no sense because no one recognizes him in D1. Adria, also being from D1, being pretty much the main villain that fucks everyone over is silly at best and just more nostalgia pandering for the sake of it with no regards to story or logic in general.

There is a lot more focus on the angels this time around. They are beyond fucking dumb. I understand the whole hubris thing and "ewwww, hellspawn" they got going on, but this is beyond ignorance. How many times does Hell need to fuck up Sanctuary before they realize that the enemy of my enemy is a friend? Next stop is Heaven after Sanctuary and giving it up is a silly tactical decision that only Tyrael seems to understand.

The whole meleodrama with Leah in general is boring and there's no real reason to care. She's a Mary Sue and apparently Diablo essence is in your DNA or something if he knocks up some bitch with his demon cock. Also, let's kill one of the best characters in the series with a jobber nobody demon who somehow just teleports into New Tristram because she can somehow (what about the other demons?????) and for some reason says who her master is out of the blue like some Saturday morning cartoon.

TL;DR They took a simple concept and made it more convoluted and melodramatic. D1/2 aren't amazing stories, but they were just enough to push you along
>>
>>382481891
How is he shilling when he's shitting on it this much?
>>
>>382481983
can't it not go through walls?
>>
>>382481074
how many?

>>382481027
Titan Quest is better than GD though.
>>
GOD how I wish D3 was a better game. But it isn't.

Truth is, D3 is a steaming pile of shit of a "game", no matter how many chances you give it.
>>
>>382481856
The writing for all villains are even below Saturday morning cartoon villains.
Talking with your companions/NPCs was mostly fine, though.
>>
>>382481027
xpac, soon*tm
getting necro and inquisitor as the new classes, so if you prefer to JUDGE THE HERETICS you can opt for that instead. I wonder if they will keep the lore intact and remember to not allow those two to subclass each other.
>>
>>382480970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzegU2UCpyk
>>
>>382480492
>I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, NEPHALEM
>>
>>382482050

So what you're saying is, D1/D2 was Watchmen or The Dark Knight, while D3 is The Fantastic Four?
>>
>>382481630
oh right i forgot inquisitor is coming too
>>
D4 won't happen.
Why would Blizzard make a normal game if they can just shit out another expansion to that card game or continue selling skins in Overwatch.
Without auction house Diablo can't generate passive income for them.
>>
>>382468437
When the fuck does the next season start? Non season isn't even worth playing.
>>
File: Raise Skeletons v2.jpg (349KB, 1024x667px) Image search: [Google]
Raise Skeletons v2.jpg
349KB, 1024x667px
>>382482083
Not sure how many. The skill lets you summon 3 skeletons baseline, and that number increases as you rank it up, and eventually let's you summon skeletal archers, mages, and "revenants".

So who knows at this point.
>>
>>382482497
July 20th I believe.
>>
>>382482403
Try superman
>>
>>382482482
because it earned them 300 million dollars in a week and like triple that over the entire lifetime in just sales
>>
>>382482050
Right, I understand that.

Another question though, and I guess this is more lore related, but why was there such a shitstorm over Leah being Diablo?
>>
>>382482992
>Another question though, and I guess this is more lore related, but why was there such a shitstorm over Leah being Diablo?
leah sucked DUDE DEMONS AREN'T REAL and that was basically the plot of naruto
>>
>>382482482
They might but pull an OW retail sale plus store items.
But yeah what most d3 shills dont understand is revenue generating games make more money than sales.
>>
>>382479537
This is completely wrong though.
>>
>>382482581

Can't wait. The necro looks awesome and the changes to some legendaries might make for some really interesting builds.
>>
File: IMG_0995.jpg (92KB, 1024x791px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0995.jpg
92KB, 1024x791px
Just a reminder that this was supposed to be the act boss in early stages of the game, along with other butchered story ideas.

Instead they made her into a random spider demon boss just before the Azmodan fight.
>>
>>382482992
Well, she wasn't actually Diablo. I suppose this is semantics though. Somehow someway, Diablo set this shit up decades in advance. He fucked Adria so he could have some insurance, AKA a future vessel should he need it. Now in D2 you do destroy his soulstone upon the anvil just like Mephisto. He should be fucking dead forever, again, just like Mephisto. However, just because he has a fucking daughter he's able to come back despite being in the Black Abyss. This begs the question, how come other demons don't do this? This was such a long con with so many things that could've gone wrong. In the end, a Mary Sue gets possessed by Diablo out of the blue. It's a contrived and convoluted reason to resurrect Diablo. So not only am I annoyed by such odd direction, the fact that I'm supposed to care about this nobody character is the icing on the cake. I suppose this is why people hate that plot twist. At least female Diablo is fuckin' hot.
>>
>>382469002

Not really. I mean Necromancer voice is PURE SEX but that's about it.
>>
>>382483974
In this day and age it's pretty true. However some people did still go off and do non cookie cutter shit.
>>
>>382468437
The completely shat the bed with the minions, recasting every 6 seconds is counter productive in a game where you must run and kill as fast as possible. They also made 90% of the skill useless unless you have the exact set and legendary they want, it's the most gear driven character of the game for no fucking reason.
curse are also obligatory if you want to make DPS, but only if you use all the passives they want you to use as well.
Fucking horrible ideas: the build. I refuse to believe this was play tested at all.
>>
>>382484412
No it isnt. Wtf reddit logic is this.
>>
>>382484246
>instead of being a random spider act boss she became a random spider demon boss
I guess they didn't want to overload act one with 2 different spider bosses? Most of the bosses I'd say were pretty "random" but they gave Cydaea a minor sub plot as an obstacle.
>>
>>382469879
Just burn your money, because watching the fire is infinitely more entertaining than Necromancer. Plus, it doesn't go towards supporting shitty practices like this.
>>
>>382484618
Explain how it's wrong. Oh, and don't forget to leave out the retarded fucking meme lingo that only undeveloped teenage fucking retards use, so I don't get hung up on how mentally handicapped you just might be.
>>
>>382484412
It's not, D3 punish people who don't use the build they want, so people only play that, but if that game actually had balance you could actually play how you like.
>>
>>382480970
me on the left
>>
>>382484937
You're so painfully underage you never played d2 on release stfu reddit kid.
Using phrases like this day and age to refer to old games. Your posts don't even make sense kiddo.
>>
For real Diablo 3 was so bad. I don't want to remember this shit.
>>
>>382485013
That kids an idiot. D2 had a lot of choice in builds you could make to play through the game.
D3 is another subject and it no longer has a rpg build system but a free form skill system that is trash and anti-gameplay.
>>
>>382485194
I really liked the witch doctor, though, goddamnit.
>>
>>382481856

Necromancer voice acting is PURE SEX. Characterization is ok. He's more angst than the snarky/edgy of the d2 necromancer and keeps going on about "THE BALANCE" but in general he's got some good lines.
>>
>>382485301
>D2 had a lot of choice in builds you could make to play through the game.
Yeah, in Normal mode.
>>
Tbh all blizzard games post classic wow have been designed really badly for gameplay.
D3 has no skill tree or stat system. Few challenges and lacks the complexity of the second.
Sc2s engine means everything is deathballs smashing into each other.
Overwatch and hots are just shitty team games. Especially OW which is more like a moba mariocart game than a fps and is coded incredibly poorly.
>>
>>382485764
You're wrong again.
>>
>>382485847
OW was not coded poorly. It's pretty much bug free and runs like a dream. It's the gameplay that's shit.
>>
>>382485847
I was actually shocked how much OW blatantly rips from TF2 when they had a free weekend.
>>
>$15 USD

That's over $20 CAD for one char for a boring game no one plays lol
>>
>>382485764
The fuck kid, you clearly never played that game, it's time to stop.
>>
>>382485960
Wrong. Off the top of my head Dva bugs have crashed their servers.
>>
>>382485301
A lot of D2 builds revolved around having the gear to pull it off so there were still basic standard builds that pretty much everybody went because they were the most efficient without requiring much gear, once people had the means, THEN they went off and did the non-cookie cut shit. But that's where they fucked up with D3, the gear is all that matters and because of the effects/set bonuses, dictates what you HAVE to use build-wise. So its not like theres any way you can really break away from that which you're cornered into.
>>
Anyway most reddit kids are retards and dont understand that their games became shit because they took the advice of "pro" min maxing autist faggots.
Thats why everything has a reductionist logic.
>we dont need that its pointless! Cut it out of the game!
>that is too difficult that just makes people upset! Cut it out of the game!
>everyone min maxs like me so rpg systems are pointless le le le cut it out of the game! Spork!
>Diablo is too le edgy 4 me lets add rainbow and unicorns! And le based black tyreal. Le le le
>>
>>382485927
>>382486063
How is it wrong?
>Amazon - Can only really play Javazon lightning spec with a bit of poison spillover for immunes (or powerup a merc)
>Barb - Leap spinning the most viable. Shouts are okay but pale in comparison to spin2win
>Necro - Strangely the most versatile of the classes. Bone build tends to work best in higher difficulties, but he's the outlier where he has a bunch of builds that work.
>Paladin - Hammerdin is one of the best builds in the game. Nothing else in his kit compares.
>Sorceress - ICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Assassain - So much bloat and useless skills. Trapsin is the only viable build
>Druid - A bit more versatile than most. Along with Necro, he's an outlier when it comes to build diversity. Summon Druid is probably the weakest of his builds.

I mean sure you can clear the highest difficulty with gimmicks if you really wanted to, but you'd just be making the game harder for yourself for no reason. These are clearly the best builds by far and there's no reason not to take them. Most classes are filled with useless skills that you only amp up for synergies if you have to. You'd be a fool not to minmax a particular few sets of skills. Pretend all you like. I love D2 and have played through it many many times, but I don't pretend D2 is some build diverse game. It's super pigeonholed.
>>
>>382486935
Its time to stop.
>>
>>382487019
It's time to stop being a nostalgia baby.
>>
>>382486771
In what world is it okay to talk like this? What is your damage?
>>
>>382487069
You're fucking retarded. Go back.
>>
File: 1425454793424.png (347KB, 705x500px) Image search: [Google]
1425454793424.png
347KB, 705x500px
>>382468437
>Blizzard completely fucks up on launches
>Blizzard completely and constantly fucks up balancing
Mix the two, you have a traditional Blizzblunder, you should've expected this.
>>
>>382487098
Its mocking the infantile logic of the sort of people who have been shaping blizzard games for lat decade.
>>
>>382487134
I must've fried your brain with logic. Now you're reduced to a screeching monkey. I'm sorry, Anon. Diablo II is literally perfect with a million different builds. So many useful skills and the gear definitely supports branching out into a lot of them. Good shit right there.
>>
>>382486935
>Anything but the most autistically optimal way to play is being dumb
I bet you dont even realized how autistic you sound, these games are about character builds.
>>
The male necro VA is too good for D3
>>
>>382487503
This isn't autistic optimization. You're looking for PoE in that regard. A child could figure this shit out. The reason why there were so many cookie cutter builds in D2 was because so many skills were useless. Because the game doesn't have cooldowns, you'd be wasting your time investing your points into things that aren't necessary for your build which is usually two or three skills plus synergies and passives to dump the rest of your points. You nostalgia babies are delusional. I'm not even saying D2 was bad. Just stop pretending D2 was a super diverse game when it came to builds.
>>
>>382487503
The entire conversation is predicated upon the fact that Blizzard was talking about what people did in D2's end-game, which is to say that there were standard cookie-cutter builds that the majority went to farm with, not complete the game for the very first time with. That's what the guy was saying, there's clear builds that you went in order to optimally farm with, which ended up just being clear choices you went for doing whatever the fuck.

Because these games are "about builds" does not mean that there were not clear cut go-to builds. What are you even trying to say here? You sound confused.
>>
>>382477040

>male Monk becomes Akuma
>male Wiz gets a cool evil wizard tower that gets completely fucked geometry towards the top

Well, there's potential for fun
>>
>>382486935
>Amazon
Jab, multiple shot, freezing arrow + strafe.
>Barbarian
Whirlwind, frenzy, concentrate+berserk if you are poor, warcry if you are speedrunning.
>Paladin
Zeal with fanaticism, holy freeze or holy shock. Smite is also decent with good equipment.
>Sorceress
Lightning + chain lightning, blizzard + glacial spike, frozen orb, fireball + meteor, firewall.
>Assassin
Blade fury this skill is actually viable, most people don't realize it because it has weird hidden mechanics that don't exist anywhere else except for the other blade skills, dragon talon, lightning sentry, phoenix strike, dragon tail. Pretty much anything works, and tacking on death sentry makes even the stupidest build a viable farmer.
>Druid
The only character besides the barbarian with no build diversity. If you are anything except for a wind druid, you are mentally retarded. His shapeshifting skills are just shittier versions of other characters.
>>
diablo 4 should be an over-the-shoulder third person game where ranged spells are aimed and melee has parries and different attack types

there's really no reason to keep the 1996 model of clicking on everything from the top down perspective when there are so many better models of combat
>>
>>382488138
>autists will never know the fun of a poison druid.
>>
>>382488338
Poison is all fun and games until
>Poison immune
>>
>>382488262
That was what i expected before d3 existed. Sadly they decided to ditch the technology improvement model and appeal to autists.
Actually i just viewed doom3 as my personal diablo 3 for years.
>>
>>382488536
You see back then we knew all these things thats why we took back up damage skills. So we were doing two types of damage.
>>
>>382488576
dark souls is somewhat similar, except it has no classes, different loot, shit ranged combat, different level design and is way too slow

but it has the aesthetic down pretty good
>>
>>382488262
I'll combat my dick into your ass if you keep on with your terrible opinions
>>
>>382488262
third person you can never reach the point of going fast where you're clearing screens at once
>>
>>382488716
Dark souls is exactly what i expected diablo 3 to be.
>>
>>382468437

>female necro doesnt even start barefoot
>no boot transmog to make it barefoot

Saves me 15 bucks.
>>
>>382488262
are you fucking retarded
how does late game diablo even fit into a third person perspective
>>
>>382488821
You havent seen a lot of 3rdperson action games.
>>
>>382488991
>autism the post
>>
>>382489008
you haven't seen how F A S T some people play diablo clones
>>
>>382468437
playing this game automatically makes you a cuck

blizzard shits out this piece of trash and you eat it gratefully
>>
>>382489085
>oh shit i cant reply
>its ok just call him an autist hehe
alright
>>
File: 1442302584117.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1442302584117.gif
2MB, 360x270px
Betafag Reminder: I warned you dumb niggers about Inarius

I warned you dumb niggers before that about Rathma nerfs

You didn't listen

You deserve your $15 cuckening
>>
>>382468437
Really, who gives a shit about the necromancer? It's a shit tier character, even worse than the barbarian.
>look at me I'm a faggot who depends of flimsy skeltons
Also, aren't we supposed to be fighting the undead, not summon them
>>
>>382488576
>>382488262

Please never give your opinion or ideas ever again.

They are so bad, my cat just died from cancer
>>
>started playing PoE because of this video
>>
>>382489302
Whatever you say Jay
>>
>>382488821
why would I want to clear screens at once
Path of exile has powercrept to the point that you can blow up ten screens a second and it's absolutely degenerate gameplay, shit needs to be dialed back

if I can cut a swath through a throng of mummies six bodies at a time that would be a perfectly fine speed
it's not like third person action games need to prove that they're capable of adrenaline-pumping lightning fast gameplay
>>
File: 1458064924073.png (75KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1458064924073.png
75KB, 323x323px
>still playing diablo 3
>>
>>382468437
Why would I pay $20 for one character class when the base game wasn't even that good?

If it was $10, maybe I could be bothered to redownload this shitty game for a few hours of fun.
>>
>>382489302
please solicit your rebuttal instead of shitposting wildly
>>
>>382489452
does reflect no longer exist? I remember people instantly dying to it if they ever reached the point where they dealt that much damage
>>
>>382482050
Maghda isnt a demon
>>
>>382488138
This. And I'd also like to add that Necromancer zoo build (max skeletons, summon resist, golem of your choice, revive, corpse explosion) is one of the most powerful farming builds in the game. And best of all? You can do it naked. You do not need any gear what so ever. This makes them one of the most effective magic find classes for that reason. You can just stack blue/yellow random shit with magic find and you're good to go. Necromancer minions baseline are that awesome.
>>
>>382488262
>diablo 4 should be an over-the-shoulder third person game

and starcraft 3 should be a 2d platformer
>>
File: 1492222852386.jpg (269KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1492222852386.jpg
269KB, 666x666px
>>382489520
>not playing the best aRPG on the market
>>
>>382489605
wouldn't even be a few hours of fun because you'd be playing through the same old shitty acts
>>
>>382489738
jokes on you mate i don't have the time to waste on these fucking skinner box exercises
>>
>>382489726
>arpg becoming an arpg with a different camera angle is like a RTS game becoming a platformer
the only way this post could be worse would be if it contained a food analogy
>>
I can summon a fuckton of shit like in PoE or it sucks ?
>>
>>382489823
what are you doing in this thread then mate
>>
>>382489726
Is this the true power of reddit?
>>
>>382489362
> eirikeiken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t49sm6arV4
My favourite PoE memer.
>>
File: t3_4yrj4w.png (114KB, 757x709px) Image search: [Google]
t3_4yrj4w.png
114KB, 757x709px
>>382488262
There are already games like Warframe that do that. Isometric perspective isn't just a relic of old gaming; it is just a perspective that works well for RTS style games.

Loot grinders use isometric well because it allows the player to see what loot is good, pick it up, and then vendor it because it's actually trash.
>>
File: 0.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>382489865
this is your choice as a summonancer
7 skeletons + about 3 skely mages that last 6 seconds
or 1 golem + skely mages
you cant get any more skeletons and the skeleton mage timer can be increased by 2 seconds with a rune and another 2-4 seconds with a special legendary ring

meanwhile with witchdoctor you can have 23 pets out at the same time

How the fuck did this happen
>>
>>382489865
You can get about 25 pets active at once I think. 7 skeletons,1 golem, 10 reanimates and the rest skeleton mages. You can also have several pets from legendary item effects added to it
>>
>>382468437
spent the money, kept to my shit checking out the skills while playing campaign on normal, fun times have been had

guess how many fucks I give about the faggots complaining that break the game for themselves?
>>
>>382490236
You forgot the reanimated enemies
>>
I thought it was funny some big shill for d3 on youtube started playing others game suddenly. His last d3 video was him staring at the screen killing a random mob for ten minutes.
The game literally killed his hope and optimism.
>>
>>382490173
Diablo isn't an RTS style game, so I don't know why you'd bring that up. Loot would of course be slightly harder to keep track of, but then there's so much fucking garbage loot in these games that you could probably cut down on that shit tenfold and still be wading through trash drops up to your knees. I haven't played warframe though, how does it differ from the diablo series?
>>
>>382490173
>loot grinder
You see this is problem with the faggy kid logic nowadays. They turned rpgs into "loot grinders"
>>
>>382490114
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FnpdLAS8js
>>
File: 1397596773944.png (270KB, 416x636px) Image search: [Google]
1397596773944.png
270KB, 416x636px
>>382490236
>tfw have 7 skeletons, 1 golem, 10 mages (thanks to attack speed and increased minion duration), and 10 resurrected enemies at all times

You're playing the game wrong
>>
>>382490603
and how did you get a golem and skeletons at the same time

also how did you get the time to summon 10 mages with the cooldown as well as keeping 10 revives up
>>
So,e anon explained it well. They only want to see coloured item drops and big numbers.
They referred to themselves as the "target audience nigger"
They were not wrong.
>>
File: 1480479597069.jpg (56KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
1480479597069.jpg
56KB, 600x857px
>>382490767
nigga you can mix and match any spell at your disposal and put them into any slot you want (check your options menu)

there's a passive that makes temporary minions last longer, and there's a rune for skelly mages that make them last longer (it stacks). Your attack speed also affects how fast you can summon those skelly mages, giving you the opportunity to have up to 10 of them.

if you're doing it right, there should always be more than enough corpses around to always have 10 resurrected enemies with you at all times

Git
Gud
>>
>>382491236
oh i didnt know you could choose different spells from each set. i thought diablo 3 was super casualized

thanks anon, im gonna have more fun now
>>
>>382490517
RTS style of clicking on small targets in a 2D environment. You knew what I meant.

In Warframe you just vacuum up all nearby loot, so just oneshot everything, do a magic space ninja somersault into the next room, and do it again.

If you feel like doing the same 3 parkour moves over and over again to get to the next disappointing loot pinata then Warframe is okay.
>>
>>382489452
you obviously dont like the genre and have no input into what would make d4 good retard
>>
>>382491439
clicking on small targets IS the interface, to say that top-down is good for that is basically a tautology. I think that Diablo is in essence about killing monsters by the truckload, there are lots of control methods that are good for that aside from top-down, and those control methods can give greater fidelity and depth to your character than merely clicking to do everything. diablo is also about loot, but while I love me a good skinner box making it the purpose of the game is fundamentally fucking retarded and pointless, it should be to enhance the monster-killing experience, which you do on the path to beating the game
>>382491953
diablolikes are not a genre and diablo 2 is one of my favorite games of all time
>>
File: 622.jpg (55KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
622.jpg
55KB, 991x902px
>>382490598
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UQ-KBLDAg0
>>
>>382489362
>>382490114
>>382490598
>>382492809
anyone know how to make these balls to the wall style builds in GD?
>>
File: 2 heroes.webm (3MB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
2 heroes.webm
3MB, 800x500px
>>382468437
Disregard the fucking trainwreck that is D3 once and for all my man.
>>
>>382490236
>>382490767
are you fucking retarded?
is this the level of people that shit on diablo 3? jesus christ
this is like "i didnt even play the game" level
>>
File: 2324.png (38KB, 338x322px) Image search: [Google]
2324.png
38KB, 338x322px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s12YBLyEUY0
>I'm sorry but i think i accidently made a viable build so here is a dank-ass montage instead
>>
>>382493941
how the fuck do you pick up shit so fast?
did you just mass spam left click or is there an auto loot mod?
>>
File: 1493757503820.jpg (9KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1493757503820.jpg
9KB, 250x242px
>PoE is ok
>but if you want your character to not look like a fucking homeless hobo you have to pay
>>
>>382494156
Pretty sure auto-pickup money is a toggled option.
>>
>>382493941
>PoE and Grimdawn are such boring games with an intense grind to 'semi fun' status that shills need to hijack diablo 3 threads

Loving EVERY LAFF
>>
>>382494156
All that shit but the epic item is picked up automatically when you step on it, even the food ration should have been.
>>
File: femvarg.png (713KB, 604x576px) Image search: [Google]
femvarg.png
713KB, 604x576px
>>382494367
As opposed to D3 never being fun.
>>
>>382493941
>autoattack upheavel
wait that shit works? I'm running a similar witchblade setup with the same hammer using cadence
>>
File: tGachi.png (529KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
tGachi.png
529KB, 900x900px
>>382494141
> tfw PoE 3.0 memes with new gems, items and pantheon system
>>
>>382494628
It's forcewave, you gotta pick the transmuter that removes cooldown.
>>
>>382494367
Grifts and Ancients aren't an intense grind?
>>
>>382468437
Diablo was never good. There, I said it. Hack and slash games are the Chinese gutter oil of tabletop RPGs.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>>382494714
>>
>>382494732
yeah thats what I meant by autoattack, looks like it chews through energy, what are your devotions?
>>
>>382494714
> WORMBLASTER_THE_FIFTH
>>
>>382494837
>tabletop rpgs
i don't think we played the same diablo
>>
File: Chronicon.webm (3MB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
Chronicon.webm
3MB, 800x650px
>>382494367
>muh shills
>>
>>382489738
Good joke, dude.
>>
>>382494996
http://grimcalc.com/build/1009-lyAQhK
You may want to remove those two points from behemoth and shove them in ulzuin's torch for that +5% OA if needed.
>>
>>382470756
Sadly this is the mentally of most people who play games.

Dlc out the ass/season passes
Online subs
Early access
Kickstarter scam games
SJW pandering

None of this would exist if people voted with their wallets.
>>
>>382470756
That's not a female
>>
>>382494837
It was but people dont understand the history of games because they are underage.
>>
>>382469179

are you being sarcastic or do you really think this?
>>
>>382495057
This any good?
>>
>>382496212
It's fun as it is and has split screen co-op. There is a massive skills rework planned so you might as well wait, but it's less than 8 bucks anyway.
>>
>>382491426
>these are the people criticizing D3
I think Necro sucks ass but come on man. Who the fuck is going to take that seriously when you don't know basic shit like that?
>>
>>382496498
It's how every criticism thread on /v/ is, extremely uninformed people who want to shit on stuff they don't like just because it's by a company or on a console they don't like. This is why /v/ is such an abysmal board.
>>
>>382490603
>running a summon build
how do I stop from getting my shit slapped by even the most basic of enemies? Even stacking LoH and running Esoteric, survivability is a joke even on T13
>>
>>382496498
It's almost like D3 is so bad nobody made it to endgame.
>>
>>382496632
>on /v/
try literally everywhere including real life
>>
Is D3 the TF2 of Blizzard?
>>
>>382496748
If you hang around teenagers your entire life, then sure.
>>
File: Sasori_Kid_1.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sasori_Kid_1.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>382496727
That's pretty funny anon. Do you have a Reddit account I could +1?
>>
>muh all time sales

It sold millions on the back of D2 hype and the WoW annual pass, I wouldn't be surprised if there were fewer people playing D3 than D2, a game that is almost 20 years old.
>>
>>382496727
No, alot of people did, you're just a fucking retard who rushes to cry on /v/ before actually learning.
>>
>>382496794
Overwatch is the TF2 of Blizzard.
>>
>>382496814
>all adults are mature, reasonable individuals
Sounds like you need to get off this site until you grow out of being a teenager.
>>
File: 1486813002442.jpg (474KB, 1619x1725px) Image search: [Google]
1486813002442.jpg
474KB, 1619x1725px
>>382496842
>the Blizzpajeet calling other reddit
>>
File: 121.png (160KB, 568x1023px) Image search: [Google]
121.png
160KB, 568x1023px
>>382496969
>someone being unfunny thinking any comeback will change them from being unfunny
Your post isn't going to magically get any better.
>>
File: 1477465980891.png (532KB, 553x596px) Image search: [Google]
1477465980891.png
532KB, 553x596px
>>382497091
Here I'll post a better joke for you.
>>
File: 1487949676172.jpg (93KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1487949676172.jpg
93KB, 620x670px
>>382497191
>twitch viewership
>meaning ANYTHING

are you even trying
>>
>>382468662
Hi im a crusader and out sets have been fucked since inception. I feel for you. But don't expect them EVER to get Necro right. It's just some dlc tossed at D3 for some quick money.
>>
>>382497191
I don't get it since twitch literally means nothing. People would watch paint try if their favorite internet personality was doing it.
>>
>>382494605
If it's so unfun you insecure idiots wouldn't spam boring webms of your game in every D3 thread. But here you are, trying to convince people that a talent tree of +.1 percent stat increases is 'Epick'.
>>
File: Necropolis.webm (3MB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Necropolis.webm
3MB, 800x500px
>diablo thread turns into a shit show
Pottery.
>>
File: 1497734587500.jpg (68KB, 884x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497734587500.jpg
68KB, 884x800px
>>382497191
>look at how many 12 year olds watch my game
Maybe you should show Roblox and Minecraft views as well. Like I said, you obviously belong on Reddit. You don't need to make it any more obvious. I already called you out.
>>
>necro announced
>oh fuck a Diablo necro again, playing with my skelly legions and golems is going to be so much fun
>...
>7 skellies permanent
>spam mages which last a few seconds
>WD still has more pets
>enthusiasm: dead
>>
>>382497191
no memes|memers = no viewers
>>
>>382497382
The threads reflect the game.
>>
>>382497382
Looks worse than d2.
>>
>>382470019
>>382481891
>>382489139
>>382489520

OP here. I know I should've listened to my gut and you guys. Still I bought it. Hell, back before vanilla Diablo 3 release I even bought a (please don't laugh) pre built Diablo 3 themed computer with D3 headphones, mouse, mousemat etc. Boy was I a fool... I still romanticize Blizzard because I grew up with them from the Warcraft 1 days and I loved Diablo 1 and 2. But this Necromancer release made me realize Blizzard ain't Blizzard anymore. This is the last time I auto buy something from them. I don't even know if I'd trust them enough to buy Diablo 4 at this point.
>>
>>382497382
You are one of the people shitting it up but talking about a game unrelated to it.
>>
>>382497415
>skeletons + mages + golem + revive
that's like 25 summons min
>>
>>382496454
I hope they rework the Mage's dark tree. Right now its skills deal zero damage and scale like shit. The passives are good though, but I really want the tree to be more than a supportive one.
>>
>>382497415
meanwhile in PoE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L17oPmP8ORo
>>
File: Witch hunter.webm (3MB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Witch hunter.webm
3MB, 800x500px
>>382497372
>let's ignore the shitslapping skills in that talent tree
>>
File: 1465943936099.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1465943936099.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
D3 release was over 5 years ago, if you're still butthurt it wasn't D2.5 like you thought and mad you're down 60 dollarydoos I don't know what to tell you.
Reaper of Souls made it blatantly obvious this is just a casual hack and slash, its not really gonna change that. Go play POE, D2 or Grim Dawn if you wanna scratch that hardcore mechanical itch.
>>
>>382497527
How many of those can you keep up permanently? How many of those spells can you fit into a build which actually works at a similar level to the best necro builds or the best builds of other classes?
>>
File: 1498394626380.jpg (40KB, 540x628px) Image search: [Google]
1498394626380.jpg
40KB, 540x628px
>>382477738
SC2 is fucking awful compared to Broodwar and made a ton of really horrible design decisions and has had boring/stale metas for the vast majority of its life, especially the beginning. He's an awful designer. I would hold off a purchase until bargain bin price if I saw he worked on D4
>>
>tfw your friends convinced you to join in on a weekend LAN with the new ladder coming up

The more I hear from the necro the less I want to try it out, but should I be surprised? Diablo 3 is a fucking terrible game. I will always hate Blizzard for destroying this franchise.
>>
File: 1461684150692.png (284KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
1461684150692.png
284KB, 600x558px
>having hopes for any new actiblizzad content
they are a company that gets carried by their older products, they could make a fucking skinner box game with any of their brands and it would make millions in profit regardless of it's quality, I hope you enjoy your overpriced DLC for a dead game.
>>
>>382497876
There is a reason SC2 was dead before Heart of the Swarm came out.
>>
boskeletonrp
>>
How good is Grim Dawn right now? Used to play it a bunch back during early access but not recently. What are some good places to find builds for Grim Dawn?
>>
File: 1449360771649.jpg (66KB, 968x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1449360771649.jpg
66KB, 968x1068px
>Wanna play skelemancer? Have fun dying from 1 goat spear and constantly spam skeleton mages (so interactive!)

Literally Diablo 2's necro.

Skellies are hot garbage past NM Act 3.
>>
>>382498652
Grim Dawn is Grim Dawn. Nothing has changed. Personally I didn't like the game since everything was an interactive and/or free damage save a handful of skills.
>>
>>382498652
Easily the best ARPG on the market. Grim Dawn forums
>>
>>382498652
it's been in good shape since release, but I'm waiting for the expansion to come out before I jump back into it. gonna try POE in the meantime. I couldn't tell you about where to get builds, because I always like to just wing it in these games
>>
>>382498698
>skelemancer
>ever dying
Why would you blatantly lie about something obviously wrong?
>>
>>382498652
The forums. They're releasing an expansion soon so there hasn't been much change lately.
>>
What's up with necromancers always being a shitty DLC character?
>>
>>382470304
>Diablo 4 when?

It's going to be an MMO.

Diablo is dead.
>>
>>382498652
They've literally made 2Handers great again.
>>
>>382498847
Never dying
Never killing
>>
>>382495739
>that appear to br female
>>
>>382498954
Legion is already a Diablo MMO.
>>
>>382469879
you mean like being a shill?
>>
>>382499008
>corpse explosion based on %
>army of revives and skellies
>amp damage
Again, why are you lying about shit that is proven wrong simply by looking on YT? Is it supposed to be funny?
>>
>>382498698
If you're talking about skelemancer being bad past NM Act 3, you need to stop being bad. Skelemancers all the way to the end in hell difficulty is a god. If you ever die with skelemancer build, its because you did something wrong, simple as that.
>>
File: 1476400847894.jpg (92KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
1476400847894.jpg
92KB, 800x999px
>>382499008
>implying Skellymancer is not one of the strongest characters in the game.
Are you sure you played Diablo II? did you do something stupid like putting all of your skill points into a curse or something?
>>
File: 900 dollari doos.jpg (19KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
900 dollari doos.jpg
19KB, 500x385px
>Grim Dawn Necromancer has temporary skeletons as well
What the fuck is wrong with developers these days?
>>
>>382499503
>skeletons were utterly fucking useless, their only purpose was to clog the screen while you chucked bone spears from the back at damage amped enemies.
>Summonable mob with hell difficulty resist penalties
>good
lel
>>
>>382499592
Really? Does no dev understand why people like Necro so much?
>>
>>382499656
>skeletons not doing damage
>bone spear on a skelemancer build
What the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>382498652
Official forums are the only place I know of to find builds
>>
>>382498652
worse than Titan Quest
>>
>>382499715
From the devblog
>Should the ritual succeed, skeletal minions, loyal only to the summoner, shall rise. However, due to the unstable nature of the spell, such minions will not remain standing for long.

It doesnt sound like they are just being described as fragile.
>>
File: 1487397803317.jpg (38KB, 611x857px) Image search: [Google]
1487397803317.jpg
38KB, 611x857px
>>382499656
>play a build wrong
>complain that it's shit
>>
>>382499592
I'm pretty sure it's a memory/CPU limitation issue.
>>
can you even look cool in PoE without having to shell out $$$ in the shop?
>>
>>382469879
nigga I have a job, I just don't waste my money on things that aren't worth it
>>
>>382499656
>didn't put points into summon resist
Yeah, you made that build all fucking wrong. Do some research next time and maybe you won't look so retarded. Git gud scrub.
>>
File: Bait_apple.webm (1MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
Bait_apple.webm
1MB, 426x240px
>>382499656
>>
>>382489738
You talking about Grim Dawn or PoE?
>>
>>382493941
>Facerolls 2 hero mobs
This is why i stopped playing this game
>>
I don't feel like I really got into PoE, something about the game I really didn't like, probably the classes not really being distinctive from each other and everyone being able to do everything.
>>
>>382500128
Yes. Do races/challenges and you'll get all the cosmetics you'll ever need.
In fact, you'll look cooler than cashfags because you'll look like someone who actually plays the fucking game!
>>
>>382493941
>perma Blade Arc
Neat. How is that working out? Cadence build is fucking stupid strong too
>>
>>382493941
Link your build, my figurative brother with high melanin in his skin and mutually shared African linage
>>
>>382499008
The sksletons are for bunching mobs up next to each other, Amp Damage is for.. Amping Damage, then you CE the second shit does, and everything else around it melts. They kill very well this way.
>>
>>382500573
The class freedom is part of the game's charm, but it does promote class diversity with the whole "Ascendancy" deal, some of them are good enough to enable builds or at least make other builds better.
>>
>>382495317
>"oh that's a cool build, how does it work?"
>Class w/ auto attacks + Occulist Witchfirst, Blood of Dreeg, & Possession.

Every time
>>
>>382500547
>not being able to faceroll hero mobs in elite as a 2H witchblade with a few legendary items equipped
The fuck did you expect?
>>382500659
When paired with enough chaos conversion and life steal it's a steamroller

>>382500730
>>382495317
>>
>>382470019
Good thing for me 15$ is nothing and I already got my money worth out of it and im still not done.

Print some resume and get a job intead of shitposting fucking poorfag.
>>
>>382470630
You likely don't understand much about business or job practices weeb.
>>
>>382497382
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the "Lazy Pokemon" build?

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24703
>>
File: 10 points in luck.jpg (47KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
10 points in luck.jpg
47KB, 620x330px
>>382501024
It's a pretty basic build my man.
>>
>>382494331
>Finely craft a setting of survival and suffering, scavenging for equipment and getting by the skin of your teeth, even if gameplay doesnt reflects it.
>Pampered autistic children cant see the beauty of it or even acknowledge that the setting exists because all they care about is the grind.
>They want their characters to immediately look like a shoulderpad abomination from WoW who shits glitter out of its ass as it walks, regardless of game or setting.
You are the reason cosmetic stores exist
You are the reason artistic consistency is ignored in favor of more shekels
You are the reason every half-assed, sloppy, barely requiring effort content is made instead of somthing that actually substantiates the game.
End
Your
Existence
>>
>>382501214
Not really, no.
>>
>>382501303
>immediately
>WoW shoulderpad
who even mentioned any of these two, you fucking retard?
I fucking hate WoW aesthetics
>>
>>382468662
it's basically the reason why season 11 didnt start with the release of the necro pack. They want people to find the bullshit so they can fix it comes july twenty-something.
>>
>>382501303
Why the fuck are you throwing a hissy fit? Nor does his complaint have a single thing to do with any of that.

The fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>382501029
>Implying i need a dank build or any number of lengendaries to faceroll things in PoE
Other difficulties might be harder but fuck me if im going to slog through the first one to see if a sliver of excitement exists
>>
>>382469879
A fool and his money
>>
fucking diablo 3 is a pice of shit

i love the game and i honestly think is the best arpg right now
i love grimdawn too, im just waiting for the expansion
i fucking hate poe, i think is a piece of shit
>>
>>382501514
>The things you said aren't exactly what i said word for word, so you're obviously wrong
Stop pretending, you know what i meant. You're the kind of retard who buys the backpack cosmetics and trails when his character is an exile stranded on a kind of hell on earth having scraps of metal and leather for armor at first and then complains that it doesnt looks good.
>>
Necro sucked when Diablo 2 came out.
>>
>>382502169
D2 sucked when D2 came out. It wasn't good until LoD, like D3 was shit until RoS.
>>
>>382501618
>Nor does his complaint have a single thing to do with any of that.
Use your intelligence and reading comprehension please.
He complained the characters look bad without store items.
I explained theyre supposed to look bad, and that he is unable to perceive the consistent beauty of a fucked up character in a fucked up setting so he obviously has bought shit in said store.
>>
File: the phonecall that saved Auir.png (38KB, 121x170px) Image search: [Google]
the phonecall that saved Auir.png
38KB, 121x170px
>>382501303
>guy brings up a reasonable criticism of PoE
>you feel the need to go on some autism crusade
>>
>>382501957
Let me guess
You never Played D2 nor D3 on launch
>>
I have never played a game where Necromancers feel fun and powerful. Its always the same shit. Between 1-20 summons max and they are always weak or mediocre.
>>
>>382502582
i played arpg since diablo 1.
>>
>>382502561
It isnt about PoE

Stop half-reading my post if youre going to reply you bunch of fucking retards
>>
>>382502730
Sure you have.
>>
File: 1475040843402.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475040843402.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>382501957
>i fucking hate poe, i think is a piece of shit
>>
>>382502721
Play D2 then where they aren't weak or mediocre.
>>
File: outraged orangutaun.png (84KB, 296x488px) Image search: [Google]
outraged orangutaun.png
84KB, 296x488px
SOMEBODY GIVE ME ULTOS AND WARBORN GEAR RIGHT NOW
>>
>>382502721
>in a Diablo thread
>saying that Necromancer have never felt powerful
why are you in a thread for a game you've never played before? Fishymancer could clear the entire game easily with no real gear requirements.
>>
why are people here saying PoE is shit?
>>
>>382503052
Because it is.
>>
>>382503052
There are people in this thread saying D3 is good so that should explain it.
>>
When does grim dawn pick up? feeling pretty slow so far, just got to the 2nd act with all the banditos
>>
File: 1447093396274.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447093396274.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>382497489
I'm... no way. Post a photo of your rig with a timestamp. I refuse to believe that anyone on this entire site is this fucking autistic. I have to see this, I'm fucking sickeningly curious
>>
>>382502801
>no, I would never post something stupid. it's everyone else who is wrong!
>>
>>382503280
Depends on the build.
>>
>>382470019
I beta tested. I knew what I was buying. More than satisfied.
>>
>>382468437
>>Inarius set dominates 99% of leaderboards
>implying you play well enough for it to matter
I made a retarded Skeleton King build based on all of the Leoric legendaries, like the mace, shoulders, crown, rings, etc and went with a melee build because the Skeleton King ain't no pussy. Still cleared into the 70s without really pushing it.

And on that other shit, it really, really sounds like you just leveled Necro on a higher difficulty than you're capable of playing at and are bitching that you got rekt.

>>382470019
>Every single patch has been free in D3
>Aside from RoS and the Necro patch, the game has been continuously updated with new areas, modes, legendaries, etc this entire time
>In place of an expansion they release a beloved character class for less than half an expansion's cost to fund more game development
>Whiny little backwards pieces of shit like you bitch at the price tag
Pathetic.
>>
>>382470304
>>382471559
They currently have job postings on their site recruiting people who played D1/D2 a lot and want to work on a Diablo game with online multiplayer, iirc.
Some of the terminology hints at MMO or even an ARPG-MMO hybrid.
>>
>>382495057
looks like a better realm of the mad god
>>
File: header.jpg (67KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
67KB, 460x215px
Why does no one ever talk about this game?

Recently played it and it was fucking great.
>>
>>382504031
It's normally mentioned in every ARPG thread at least once. Lurk more, newfag trash
>>
>>382503979
that's for the diablo 1/2 HD remake that's coming out after starcraft HD
>>
>>382504031
Cause it's bad.
>>
>>382476842
The fuck?
D2 was built on the fucking corruption of D1's heroes.
Why the fuck wouldn't they be able to corrupt Li-ming into a new Kulle?
(We all know Sonya couldn't be corrupted. Like the D2 Barb she's too strong willed.)
>>
>>382504031
There were a lot of threads when the AE came out.

I think most people just went back to Grim Dawn since it's basically just Titan Quest but a bit more modern and currently being supported.
>>
>>382504117
hey
be nice, cunt
>>
The tl;dr is d3 isnt an rpg or arpg. Its a braindead arcade game. Because it was designed by and for the emerging retro hipster gaming cancer scene.
>>
>>382504213
Being nice is why so many newfags exist in the first place.
>>
>>382497489
>bought a (please don't laugh) pre built Diablo 3 themed computer with D3 headphones, mouse, mousemat etc. Boy
I pity you anon. If only that money could be used to buy something else that's more fulfilling.
>>
Is there much of an online presence in Grim Dawn or is it mostly off-line/single player playing?
>>
>>382497415
>Diablo necro again
you meant diablo2 necro where skellies basically useless until now.
>>
>>382501957
My man.
Same here.
Though I think GD is ruined by the ancient ability system and would much rather not have to spend 10 points to make one ability decent and ignore everything else.

PoE takes that thing I hate most about GD and dials it up to 1000 so fuck them.

>>382502582
I played D1 when it was new, but hated D2 because it was nothing like D1.
It captured none of the atmosphere or magic or coolness of D1 for me. I have always seen D2 the way you lot see D3.

I love D3 because it ditched most of what I disliked about D2, like the stupid shit that cluttered your inventory up, and because I see it as basically a different game franchise than D1. It's been so long, and I've grown so much that I can't really expect a game company to remake D1 for me. So D3 is to D1 as D3 is to Bejeweled. Different games. Different genres.
>>
>>382497673
>play grimdawn
>"bro try commando bro,it's perfect for beginner and farming"
>spend entire time with using 2 active skills only
I don't know man
>>
>>382497489
Wew is this /thread killer?
>>
>>382501303
>They want their characters to immediately look like a shoulderpad abomination from WoW who shits glitter out of its ass as it walks

Yeah, wanting pants is literally identical to your autistic tirade here.
>>
>>382497489
>Blizzard ain't Blizzard anymore
Took you that long huh? Been telling you guys since WoW inception.
>>
>>382504739
In D2 you rarely used more than 2 active skills as well.
>>
>>382504739
Any build using the soldier tree is boring as piss. Effective, but boring.
>>
>>382482269
In one of the screenshots in that thread they show Necro with Inquisitor subclassed.
>>
what the fuck is the point of replaying grim dawn if there's no leaderboards/seasons?
>>
>>382497258

>battleborn
>>
>>382469879
sheeps like you love eating shit no matter the cost
>>
>>382470019
this
>>
>>382470630
something about destroying a brand etc that you will never figure out, probably a console player
>>
NEW ARPG WHEN
>>
>Start Grimdawn for the first yesterday
>Want to make a dual pistol demolionist build
>Cant equip 2 pistols
>Google why
>I need very specific set of gear that enables it and its found at the end of the game
>1 handgun is weak and boring

I hate this.
>>
File: Disappointed Crocodile.png (57KB, 244x244px) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed Crocodile.png
57KB, 244x244px
>>382505436
>I need very specific set of gear that enables it and its found at the end of the game
But that's wrong. There are multiple items--some you can craft--that allow dual-wielding.
>>
>>382503857
>the game has been continuously updated with new areas, modes, legendaries, etc this entire time
only because it was so fucked up to begin with you fucking mongtard. In other words, they had to SAVE this game from themselves. They did not do it out of generosity, in fact they CANCELED a second xpack and the necro is just whats left of it to milk retards.
>>
>>382505436
There's a mod for that

And there's also the Marauder's Amulet, lvl 23
>>
>>382505520
Yeah I need to play 20 hours before I can craft them or get extremely lucky with RNG drops.

>no bro you dont understand it gets good after 20 hours! keep playing!
>>
File: 1472150981507.jpg (80KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
1472150981507.jpg
80KB, 900x563px
>>382505352
Korea will save us.
>>
>>382505691
>making shit up
Kill yourself anytime, shitposting underage trash
>>
>>382505104
There's no point in playing Grim Yawn at all in the first place. Game is complete garbage.
>>
>>382505858
lol Korea has never saved anything. They can only copy what the west does and add more naked women to them.
>>
>>382505858
When in gods name is this shit coming out? It feels like it has been in development forever now.
>>
>>382505873
>Kill yourself anytime, shitposting underage trash

This is what happens when angry grim dawn babies get told the truth about their shit game.
>>
>>382505873
>Gunslinger's Jacket
>Marauder's Ammo Belt
>Gunslinger's Talisman
>Marauder's Talisman

Literally 4 rare items in the entire game that enables dual wielding. This is trash game design.
>>
>>382505858
>Korea
Nope, i value my time more now and i realize how most Korea game doesn't respect your time.
>>
>>382505858
>when someone said not even koreans play d3
Funniest statement about d3
>>
>>382505904
I'd say D2 + naked women is great.

It all depends on what they're copying.
>>
File: 1431388140171.png (98KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1431388140171.png
98KB, 600x400px
>>382468437
So I'm guessing it doesn't play anything like the Skelemancer of old? Someone please reassure me.
>>
>>382506002
>boo ooo why do I have to play the game to make my build? :(
>>
>>382505858
>literally the only video game in existence that has a class revolving around magic cards and shit
>we wont even get a beta in 2018

Korea can eat a dick.
>>
>>382506096
Imagine blocking the ability to use shields behind 20 hours of RNG grind. Thats how retarded this is and you defend it. Grim Dawn babies are literally retarded.
>>
>>382505436
>demolitionist
>ever using auto attacks

Embrace the Molotov + grenade + mortar spam.
>>
>>382471007
you literally have to be a shiteating beta cuck on Bliz forums or they'll ban you
>>
>>382506275
>have molotov + mortar + grenade guy
>turn him melee
>had more fun as ranged but less damage
hmmm
>>
>>382506275
No damage which is funny because thats the entire point of the class.
>>
File: 1498674933729.png (11KB, 259x288px) Image search: [Google]
1498674933729.png
11KB, 259x288px
>mfw people unironically shilling Grim Yawn around me
>>
>>382506089
7 regular skellies no time limit
1 golem no time limit
10 skelly mages with a short lifespan (6 seconds or up to 12 or 14 with rune+passive+legendaries)
10 revives with a short lifespan (15 seconds a bit more with passive)
>>
>>382506551
As opposed to what?
>>
>>382506587
>10 skelly mages with a short lifespan (6 seconds or up to 12 or 14 with rune+passive+legendaries)

This doesn't really sound like fun. I didn't like Path of Exile because you had to constantly spam short lived minions.
>>
>>382506591
A game that's not ass.
>>
>>382506290
Itss funny the inconsistancy on blizz forums. For so e of their games they allow scathing criticism but i noticed on the eu d3 forum they were banning people for any criticism. It was just more proof the game bombed hard after launch.
>>
People still play this fucking garbage?
>>
>>382506738
It feels like you can easily have way more minions as witch doctor with 3 regular dogs, 1 regular gargantuan and the passive that can spawn a fetish on attack
>>
File: 1.jpg (715KB, 1140x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
715KB, 1140x1600px
>>382480970
>FIFTY skeles
>>
>This thread

Holy fuck some of you are the most retarded fuckheaded invalid motherfuckers I've ever heard speak. Fuck this place, I'm unsure if it's because it's summertime or if people are really beginning to become this stupid.
>>
>>382509024
Found the Grim Dawn player.
>>
File: 1482771554020.gif (2MB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
1482771554020.gif
2MB, 300x164px
>>382509024
Tell us more, anon.
>>
>>382507454
>posting retarded rhetorical questions like this
>when you're 400 posts deep in a thread about the game

i wish that you, personally, would die.
>>
>>382509024
People were always this stupid on /v/.
>>
>pay 15 bucks for new class through old content
Or
>dl a free game that is adding 7 new acts
This is such a tough choice. In all honesty, I feel sorry for the blizzdrones that won't play poe and are too shit play it.
>>
>>382510445
>new class through old content

Are you trying to imply a functional human being would play Diablo 3 story mode more than once or what?
>>
>>382510774
Not him but some guy either earlier ITT or in a recent previous thread claimed that the campaign was always fun.
>>
>le path of passives is good meme
i'm getting real tired of this shit lads.
>>
>>382511032
hahaha
>>
is necromancer fun to play?

might get back to it
>>
>>382511349
No, and I'm being completely honest here, not just saying that.
>>
>>382511349
Yes, and I'm being completely honest here, not just saying that.
>>
>>382511349
yes, and I'm being frank
>>
File: Pun-0006.jpg (420KB, 1280x2032px) Image search: [Google]
Pun-0006.jpg
420KB, 1280x2032px
>>382511349
No, and I'm being frank.
>>
>>382511349
Maybe, and I'm being completely ambivalent here, not just saying that.
>>
>>382511349
Definitely, and I'm being completely certain here, not just saying that.
>>
>>382485847
>skill tree/stat system where basically everyone uses the same skills and same stat composition = depth
You people are so fucking stupid.
>>
how the fuck do people even stand Path of Exile?
It's literally 99% passives. It's quite disgusting.
At least Grim Dawn/Titan Quest/Diablo has shit during level ups that modify how the abilities work. Path of Exile not even that. It's just + AoE, + damage, + STR
>>
>>382512635
>It's literally 99% passives

So is Grim Yawn, literally, and every build plays the same.
>>
>>382512779
>so is grim yawn
but this is false
at least in grim dawn some of the passives alter the way the abilities they're attached to function, mostly by adding new elements to them
>>
>>382512918
Don't respond to it. He shitposts every thread with the same inane fictional drivel.
>>
>buy dlc
>never played d2 necro
>gem of ease + bounties = lvl 70 in 2 hours
>upgrade gear through cube for leg
>use cube for set
>walk through GR40 (which is high for a casual like me)
>litterally nothing left to do but min max gear
>bored but I guess I got my monies worth.
>>
>>382512918
No, it is true. All you do is pump points into passive on hit procs.

>>382513012
>have no arguments
>don't reply

Good advice.
>>
>>382512918
>>382513012
It's true. I suspect Grim Dawn kicked his ass and now he's crying about it.
>>
>>382513105
>implying a casual depthless baby game like GD can kick anyone's ass
>>
>>382513279
Your tears are delicious.
>>
>>382513510
I'm not the one crying because I was told the truth about my favorite game.
>>
Was playing Diablo 3 on xbone, but I'm going to do a solo run of Grim Dawn again. Any ideas for builds?
>>
>>382513105
I wonder if it's the same guy as several months back where an OP made a thread bashing the game purely for that reason. Although some anons helped him out with a build and he reverted on some of his opinions so he wasn't just spouting the same content ad nauseum.
>>
>>382513737
>I wonder if it's the same guy as several months back

Imagine being this delusional and paranoid.
>>
>>382513072
> nothing left to do but min max gear
welcome to Diablo, a few years late.
>>
>>382509024
found the guy defending new necro saying number of pets is fine
>>
>>382479589
I'm a corporate cuck that can afford anything he wants in his life right now (well maybe except buying a new house every month). Are u mad?
>>
>>382514858
Don't worry, D2 will probably be remastered soon enough.
>>
Why do people think watching AI controlled units play the game for them is fun?
>>
File: sweats abstractly.jpg (72KB, 935x1011px) Image search: [Google]
sweats abstractly.jpg
72KB, 935x1011px
>>382484246
>sexy spider boss
>>
>>382492156
I dunno man I feel like in the 20 years since Diablo you may have just outgrown the genre if you want to change what many believe to be a intrinsic game play element (that is the top down perspective ect...). To me it wouldnt really be Diablo any more, like the lore and fantasy of the game is so fucking unoriginal it certainly wouldn't be enough to warrant it still being called Diablo if you changed the way the game was fundamentally played.
>>
>>382481487
>>382481983
have you tried using a god damn support gem in either of ur fucken lives. try a lower duration+fcr linked lightning warp and then get back to me about how its slow. its not instant liek d2 teleport but you can use it to evade tons of shit for basically free.
>>
>>382490553
But diablo 2 was that, where is this idea that D2 was some fucking masterpiece RPG. It was just a fucking fun dumb grindfest with a very enjoyable well designed loot system.
Thread posts: 451
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.