[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGS 5 is on sale. Is it the best MGS or a letdown?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: a.png (228KB, 617x504px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
228KB, 617x504px
MGS 5 is on sale. Is it the best MGS or a letdown?
>>
Letdown
>>
>>382466587
It's the best mgs on pc
>>
>>382466587
Game plays fine but a lot of people were let down by the story, if you care about that kind of thing.
>>
It's a 6/10. Prepare for disappointment if you're a fan of the franchise, enjoy an okay game if you're not.
>>
>>382466587
Not just best MGS, but best game as well
contrarian fags will tell you otherwise

>muh Kojimo/Knigger drama
>muh unfinished gaem
>therefore it cannot be a great game
>>
Get the infinite heaven mod with it, fixes a lot of problems and allows you to coop
>>
>>382466587
gameplay wise its the best in the series, but everything else is a letdown especially the plot, villains, and how the game re-uses environments over and over and over again
>>
Also faggots will tell you that there's barely an cutscene in game, but faggots are always wrong because this game has the longest cutscenes in all games. It could have been longer though.
Cutscenes look shorter because the gameplay is extremely long. The main missions alone can go on average of 50hrs
>>
>>382466874
shit story
bad gameplay
buy a ps3 already
>>
>>382466587
If you were expecting the story of Big Boss to come full circle in any sort of cohesive manner, prepare to be very disappointed. Otherwise the gameplay is great, they just don't do enough with it.
>>
>>382466587
It's both actually. The gameplay is tight, controls are amazing, and you're ultimately let down by how most missions are identical, the story is a letdown, and the loading/helicopter rides are mind-numbingly constant.
>>
>>382467070
>remove story from MGSV, game is still top notch

>remove story from other MGS games, game is boring as fuck

Go watch a movie anon, why are you on /v/?
>>
>>382466587
Neither
>>
>>382467332
>remove story from other MGS games, game is boring as fuck

have you played VR missions
do you even KNOW what they are ahahahaha lmao
>>
>>382467039
how is this an argument?
that's like saying the placebo effect isn't important because it isn't tangible

I'm not saying anything about the game but even if the thing was a fucking movie if it felt like the cutscenes were short, isn't that an actual variable to consider?
>>
>>382466587
It's both.
>>
No.
>>
>>382467070
>shit story
>bad gameplay
>buy a ps3 already

It has the best gameplay. It blows the other games out of the water. The animations are slicker than ever, there are so many weapons and tactics you can use creatively to get the job done, the buddy system is great.
>>
>>382466874
but the game IS unfinished, its pretty obvious with the cut episode 51 and how the game sloppily tries to wrap up the main plotline halfway through. and the second half is spent replaying missions on a higher difficulty
>>
>>382467424

>MGSV
8hrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvqeEYEtXAk&t=27578s

>MGS3
4hrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zndcY57Tijo&t=10985s
>>
Are the online features good/active?
>>
They really should've finished the fucking game. They already pulled act one of the game and sold it to us for $20 as Ground Zeroes. I'd probably shell out another $20 for the final act.
>>
>>382467039
>Also faggots will tell you that there's barely an cutscene in game, but faggots are always wrong because this game has the longest cutscenes in all games. It could have been longer though.
>Cutscenes look shorter because the gameplay is extremely long. The main missions alone can go on average of 50hrs

The longest cutscene in MGSV is just short of 15 minutes. I believe MGS4 holds the world record for video game cutscenes with a single one being 27 minutes long and all the rest adding up to 71 minutes with it.
>>
>>382467781
FOBs are active but hard to get into imo.
either you end up invading another players base and they dont retaliate or you invade a players base and they are extremely good and abuse mechanics like dolphin diving.

MGO3 is pretty gun but almost no one plays it, it can also get repetitive though
>>
>>382467629
don't start the series with the last game, retard
>>
>>382467962
false flag
>>
>only metal gear game on steam
>this will be many players first metal gear game
>>
>>382467962
How about presenting an argument instead of spouting buzzwords you retard
>>
>>382467969
>don't start the series with the last game, retard

I played Metal Gear Solid and also the remake Twin Snakes on the gamecube. Also Metal Gear on the NES. MGSV wasn't my first.

Say you want to get passed an enemy without killing him. You can crawl past, use a box, throw something as a distraction, sleep grenade, tranquilizer pistol, various stun/riot guns, choke him out, tactical takedown, punch combo, use a gun to hold him up and make him surrender, knock out his friend and use the body as a projectile, drop a supply crate on his head, order your buddy to silence the guard and probably other things I haven't thought of.

The options in any situation are awesome.
>>
If you were like me and didn't give a fuck about the series then it was pretty gr8 to be honest. It looked good, had loads to do and the gameplay was refined whether you were acting like a stealth operative or a rambo retard. The plot was kinda confusing as I had no idea what was going on, but it was still engaging enough to justify kicking the shit out of some commies/cubans/boers. I will agree with other anon's that the final bits felt rushed, you'll start to notice this once you leave Afghanistan.
>>
>>382467938
ppreciate
>>
>>382468514
I've recently just started playing MGSV myself and one of the most concerning things is.. I feel like there's too many weapons and items.

The game is piss easy so far, so many variations of winning a mission.

So far, I've decided to not worry about the challenge and just enjoy the missions as it is. Sometimes I'll sneak in, sometimes I'll put on my battle suit, grenade launcher, heavy machine gun and I'll plow through, maybe a bombardment.

It's just that, I feel like there's so many weapons where I don't even have to use even half of it. All I need is a fucking assault rifle, tranq, and that's it.

All of the extra bullshit is a waste of money.
>>
>>382468073
I wouldn't have minded MGS 5 being my first Metal Gear game. MGS 5 isn't a bad game, just a bad Metal Gear game.
>>
>>382468817
The entire point of the weapons system is to pull parts from other weapons you've researched to build your own custom killing machine, way better than anything the game gives to you.
>>
>>382466587
MGS is about the only stealth series I barely played but I'm having fun with it. Gameplay, writing, production values are all top notch so far. Start with Ground Zeroes of course.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.