[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most underrated 3rd person shooter ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_5551.jpg (471KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5551.jpg
471KB, 1920x1200px
>>
Yes. The grappling hook never gets old.
>>
File: 1488257953898.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488257953898.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>382464865
It's generally well liked around here, but definitely not appreciated by many dumb normies who don't know any better. Also fuck capcom for killing the series with that shitty third game.
>>
>all right men, we're going home
Got chills
>>
>>382464865
>STILL NO STEAMWORKS
Come the fuck on, I just want to shill this game to my friends
>>
>>382464865
one of my favourite coop games for sure
>>
>>382464865
I'm glad /v/ put my onto this game, had a lot of fun playing it last summer.
Any other online coop games I can look into? I'm thinking about getting EDF but it's a little expensive and I don't know if it's worth the price.
>>
>we will never get the early 360/ps3 era capcom back
>Lost Planet 1+2
>Dead Rising 1+2
>Dragon's Dogma
>DMC 4
>SFIV

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>382466678
Go get it if you enjoyed Starship Troopers
>>
LP1 was probably more underrated. Actually a pretty good campaign, and a very underrated MP mode.
>>
Are LP1 and 2 fun solo or only in coop?
>>
>>382465334
Does GFWL MP still work for this game?

Also, Vanquish is also a fantastically underrated TPS.
I spent DOZENS of hours playing Lost Planet 1's first level on a demo disc.

Good times.
>>
>>382466861
I know LP2 is fun solo, haven't played 1.
>>
The closest we'll get to a scifi Monster Hunter, honestly.

It's a shame, game's really good but sold like shit because of Capcom being shit.
>>
>>382466861
LP1 is perfectly fine solo. LP2 was built with coop in mind, and the steam version is plagued with Windows Live, which is a damn shame since it's legitimately one of the best co op experiences around.
>>
>>382464865
And one of the greatest games ever made too.
>>382466678
I haven't played the newest one but I think they're all similar in principle. EDF is really fun too and has some similar vibes to this though it plays different and is less meticulously designed with it's levels. You just shoot shit, but there's a whole lot of fun shit to shoot. Don't know what the price would be but if you get into it there's ungodly amounts of content too.
>>
I love this game. Shame I have absolutely nobody to play it with.
>>
>>382466861
LP1's campaign is solo only but still fun. LP2's spectacular gameplay shines through even alone, but the true, unforgettable experience requires a squad.
>>
File: 1257550-lp2.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1257550-lp2.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>2017
>Still not maining Space Banditos

I shiggy diggy doo dah
>>
I think it has more to do with the fact that nobody really plays it anymore that it's dead. It wasn't very underrated when it was announced and came out at all.
It fucking pains me that this game is dead now. It is literally the best co-op campaign game in existence.
I have no bias or anything. It is an objective fact, simply because of how few games do this.
>>
>>382466586
I do even with GFWL.
>>
>>382466756
>Dragon's Dogma
>6 years after the PS3 came out, 7 years after 360
>1 year before the PS4 and Xbone came out
>"Early 360/PS3 era"
>>
File: 1415419059787.png (306KB, 529x470px) Image search: [Google]
1415419059787.png
306KB, 529x470px
I tried to pick this back up in the steam sale but even after following the guides I couldn't seem to get it to work
>>
I really liked the way LP1's single player merged the western scifi mecha story with the eastern gundam style almost super robot mecha story and had a lot of memorable moments and interesting character twists, if little character development outside of becoming mecha jesus story of the main character.
>>
>>382467348
WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOOIIIING? DESTROY THE CANNON.
>>
>SECRET MOVES: THE GAME

Its legit amazing
>>
>>382467487
I seriously doubt those chucklefucks are going to give it a shot when you have to use GFWL
>>
I hate how pretty much all modern sci fi games have generic as fuck enemies. You have complete creative freedom, but all any devs do is just add shitty "aliens" wearing power armor. When I first played Lost Planet, I was blown away by the diversity and creativity in creatures and mission design.
>>
>>382464865
No, Second Sight is vastly more underrated.
>>
I'd love to see this game become free on Xbox live gold so that I can play it in my xbone with no problems.
>>
>>382467583
my mistake im sorry i just assumed
>>
File: 1415167829523.gif (16KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1415167829523.gif
16KB, 125x125px
>>382468101
>second sight
>not Psi-Ops
nigga
>>
>>382467583
Even though the Anon is wrong about the time period hes right about Dragon's Dogma being one of Capcoms last truly great games.
>>
>>382464865
The demo/first level was better than the rest of the game.
>>
File: 1497854359479.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497854359479.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>382464865
>Lost Planet
>muh man
>>
File: 5124125124.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
5124125124.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>>382466931
>I spent DOZENS of hours playing Lost Planet 1's first level on a demo disc.
I know that feel. Shit used to be simpler.
>>
Nah, that's Binary Domain. Lost Planet 2 is pretty good though.
>>
yes. masterpiece
>>
>>382466423
It blew my mind when they released LP:3 and Dead Space 3 around the same time and it looked like the devs had a meeting together and decided to trade off gameplay style for shits and giggles.
>>
>>382466931
The GFWL still works
>>
The Demo back than was better than the orignal game.

Shit was still fun, mind you. But Demo gave another impression of what came later
>>
>>382469814
I played both demos excessively and have no idea what you mean.
>>
File: 1488404727233.jpg (17KB, 337x372px) Image search: [Google]
1488404727233.jpg
17KB, 337x372px
>Riding the comfy choo choo train in the desert shooting space mexicans with your buddies
>worm 10x the size of your train pops out of the ground and starts chasing you
>mfw
>>
>>382469746
I wasn't able to get GFWL to work when trying to run LP2, and the fixes I tried using failed me.

Damn shame that GFWL is still needed. I just want a good co-op experience that involves taking down big ass monsters. I remember playing the demo on the 360 for hours.
>>
>>382464865
Is this one of those "it's fun with friends" games? I played it solo because of the whole GFWL thing and a found the enemies to be completely retarded, the gunplay and sound design was terrible, the movment was clunky, every mission followed some gimmick and the constant arena shootouts were incredibly monotonous. The boss fights were also just giant spectacles that offered no real challenge.
>>
>>382470257
all you need to do is run GFWL exe before you launch LP2, iirc it should already be present in your LP2 folder
>>
>>382470617
just checked and gfwlivesetup.exe is in the LP2 folder, run that and then run the game and you should be fine
>>
>>382470257
Uninstall GFWL completely from your PC, do not uninstall LP2. Then download http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/Live/PC/DownloadClient

If you can't sign into your GFWL account through that due to an error, check this url below.

http://keeppcquiet.blogspot.com/2012/11/games-for-windows-live-8015403a-login.html

If you still don't get the results that page explains, read the bottom comment, which is this:

"I fixed it by going to my microsoft account page at
https://account.microsoft.com/
Then I clicked on the 'Your info' tab
Then I clicked on "Go to your Xbox profile"
Which brought me to another sign in page even though I was already signed in to my microsoft live account

Then I just re-signed in using the same Microsoft account and I was able to accept the agreement and now GFWL works."

Then sign in with your now magically working was-broken-a-few-minutes-ago info in the GFWL marketplace client, and voila.

It WILL work.

Now any game that requires GFWL will work forever for you because no other game in the future is going to use it anyway.
>>
>>382470480
>enemies retarded when they actually flank and use cover
>gunplay and sound design terrible which is flat out untrue and both are intensely satisfying and weaved cleverly with the other mechanics and level design to allow tons of options
>using clunky the memeword to describe movement which is simple and responsive while having some enjoyable and appropriate weight to your actions, along with there even being skill based techniques you can learn to make things even better
>any original aspect of level design that keeps the game fresh, original and exciting by having different ways to challenge your skills is "hurr gimmick"
>after that start complaining that it's all the same when even the level and weapon layouts are always different to offer new fights
>got carried by bots and/or didn't play any higher difficulty while ignoring the countless unique aspects each boss has that you can take advantage of
I think you might just have shit taste anon, try replaying it. It's also a great game for that with all the weapons, skills and customization.
>>
>>382472301
What skill based techniques? Knowing how to grapple properly?
>>
>>382472301
>they actually flank and use cover
Not true. They rush you in a straight line, tend to stay stuck in walks or outright just stand still for you to shoot them.
>gunplay and sound design terrible which is flat out untrue and both are intensely satisfying
How? Every weapon sounds like a peashooter and there's no sense of impact. Neither your character nor the enemy reacts to your fire in a satisfying way.
>>using clunky the memeword
It's the perfect word to describe this games movement system
>>any original aspect of level design
kek. All the gimmicks I'm complaining about are just your standard Multiplayer game modes that were terribly implemented into a co-op AI based game.
>got carried by bots and/or didn't play any higher difficulty while ignoring the countless unique aspects each boss has that you can take advantage of
I'm sorry that I don't find giant masses that stand still most of the time to be exiting.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.