[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its currently 10$ on Xbox and i have 10$ on my account Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

File: Mount and blade.jpg (52KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Mount and blade.jpg
52KB, 460x215px
Its currently 10$ on Xbox and i have 10$ on my account
Should i buy it? I heard its fun.
>>
Worth every penny
Get a lance as soon as you can
>>
Console versions were kinda buggy and had issues with save corruption last i heard, it's a very good game though
>>
>>382459403
Yes, get some initial capital and hunt down Tourneys while you still have a small contingent of troops, or none so you can travel fast. When the real dosh starts coming in from war, ransoms, prisoners, and quests, dumb it into Dyeworks in cities. Spread them around Calradia, because if you are involved in a war with a kingdom they shut down your businesses for the duration of the conflict.
>>
>>382459403
One last tip. Jeremus and Artimenner hate each other, so it's worth it to train Lezalit up to be your medic instead of Jeremus.
>>
>>382461387
Not in my experience so it's probably been patched.
>>
>>382459403
Why the fuck would you buy this on console?
>>
File: Screaming internally.gif (88KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Screaming internally.gif
88KB, 480x270px
Bannerlord when?
>>
how do I into this game? it's so fucking tedious to do anything. You run around the map for 5 minutes to do one thing, then talk to some lord, 5 minutes of traveling to another place, get 5 denars, repeat 8 times, get 1 reputation point with some noname lord, get ambushed by bunch of dudes at war with your faction, lose all your troops, get captured, repeat.

Where's the fun in this game? I remember years ago I had a rodhock crossbowmen army and it was cool to wreck other people's shit in valleys but I tried to play it again and it's like everything takes ages to get anywhere.
>>
>>382461902
Early 2018
>>
>>382461864
Because he has the money for it you illiterate nigger.
>>
>>382461960
Early 2018 is when they'll tell us to expect it late 2019
>>
>>382461939
Help out some villages, get some supplies, sell the useless shit, buy food, recruit 50 men and train them.
>>
I have more hours in this game than any other game on steam, by double the hours.

Yes, its worth it
>>
>>382461939
You can use Ctrl+Shift to speed up the overworld movement (not sure what it is on console.) As far as your speed relative to other warbands, you need a navigator in your party, Borcha is who I always use. Give him Intelligence every time levels up and put his points into Path-Finding, Tracking, and Spotting, left-over ones can go into Training. In addition to this when you have a lot of low level infantry, those units have very low Athletics, and it drags down your warband's speed. You want to get a few guys, get them leveled up to around tier 3, then get a few more, and try not to have too many recruits at once. In the later game when your Party members are leveled up and a few of them have some points in Trainer, your units just level up so fast from daily training xp and it's not an issue.

As far as renown and Denars go, the best way to get those is Tourneys. And don't join an army until you have about 20 good men (max tier units.) Just farm Sea Raiders up between Rivacheg and Wercheg.
>>
>>382459403
How are the console versions of this? I have 200 hours in the PC version but I'm bored of PC gaming. I'll miss Gekokujo though
>>
>>382461939
Man, you seriously need to git good. I'm not even memeing. Once you understand the mechanics of the game and stuff you can start brand new and amass a large army in fucking no time. Theres some learning curve for sure, but its easily something you can get a handle on and once you do you'll be good to go
>>
File: griffith.jpg (28KB, 347x477px) Image search: [Google]
griffith.jpg
28KB, 347x477px
>>382461939
You must keep winning to attain your dream. The same one your men clung to, and risked their lives for. To realize your dream, you will perch on top of their corpses.. It is a blood-smeared dream, after all. You shouldn't regret or feel guilty about it.. But to risk thousands of lives while never getting yourself dirty. It's not a dream that can be so easily realized.
>>
>>382461939
Forgot to add. For your smartypants party members that are mainly getting Intelligence and no combat skills (For me that's Lezalit, Artimenner, Borcha.) Give them crossbows and put them on foot with your archers if you have them. If you're running some sort of full cavalry swadian army, just stick them on a hill with those crossbows so they can snipe kills from the melee to level up. Party member NPC's won't gain xp from the Shared Experience at the end of battle.
>>
>>382462470
Its vanilla. Not even worth it. I honestly don't understand why they didn't atleast release it with something similar to the diplomacy mod. They probably killed off any potential interest in anything further
>>
>>382462671
shut the fuck up
>>
>>382459403
This game fucking sucks. The only thing that makes it playable are mods
>>
>>382462719
most of my hours were in the vanilla version tbqh, still a great game
>>
>>382462841
Yeah but if you plan to conquer everything its almost legitimately impossible vanilla
>>
File: mb28.jpg (335KB, 1280x954px) Image search: [Google]
mb28.jpg
335KB, 1280x954px
How do you play M&B Warband without mods?
>>
>>382462820
WRONG
>>
Update: I have bought it and am playing now
>>
File: 1495068337010.jpg (58KB, 669x597px) Image search: [Google]
1495068337010.jpg
58KB, 669x597px
>>382463028
Based OP!
>>
>>382463028
HAHA WE GOT HIM BROS

ENJOY WASTING TEN DOLLARS NERD
>>
>>382462909
I've never gotten to the point of world domination, and always get bored before then. I really have more fun just starting over and doing the early game again. The fun in the game exists for me in that mid-game area. Farthest I've gotten to an endgame is helping claimants take their kingdom back. Glad Bannerlord looks like it's shaping up to have more fun mid-game activity like economy stuff.
>>
File: 1497479445561.png (261KB, 583x290px) Image search: [Google]
1497479445561.png
261KB, 583x290px
>>382462470
>I'm bored of PC gaming.

yeah man it just doesn't feel right...
>>
>>382463147
You're not wrong. But if you WANT to take over fucking everything, you at least need diplomacy mod to do some general management of your forces
>>
>>382463162
Steam keeps fucking up my games and I got sick of it
>>
>>382462671
Berserk Golden Age Arc legit made me pick M&B Warband back up, and it's become my favorite game since then.
>>
>>382463162
>Kizuna Ai
>>
>>382459403
absolutely no interest to take it on console
no mods no battle sizer
>>
>>382462078
2025 prolly
>>
File: IMG_0133.jpg (687KB, 1536x2049px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0133.jpg
687KB, 1536x2049px
>>382463134
Oh my god its actually very nice and fun
>>
What's the negative of console version other than modding? I've only ever played New Vegas and Fallout 3 on 360 and loved them regardless so will it affect an idort like myself? I did play 4 but that game is shit even with mods.
>>
>>382463692
you're honestly much better off playing warband on PC, be it for gameplay or mods
>>
>>382463692
Sometimes framerate can get chunky, and camera control on controllers can feel limiting. I know with M&B you move the camera to change the direction of your attacks so it's pretty important to the gameplay, not sure how they deal with it and having to use the right analogue stick.
>>
>>382463258
How does steam keep fucking up your games.
>>
>>382463692
Same thing that's wrong with console ports of PC games, no console button so you can get work arounds or just fuck off and give yourself Masterwork Heavy Bastard Swords and Champion Coursers.
>>
>>382463528
You'll finally get to partake in M&B memes
>>
>>382463480
earlier than star citizen
neat
>>
>>382463968
Why would I want to give myself good shit from the get go?
>>
>>382464064
Sometimes you just want to fuck around, sometimes you want to get really invested.
>>
is it really nesecary to do the trading stuff? I just want to roleplay as a knight, not a merchant
>>
>>382464508
No, not at all.

I just kill people and sell their shit, or raid villages and sell their shit. Trading is for RPfags
>>
Can someone give me tips for how to get started?

I have 15 hours but never go past being an errand boy. When I try to listen for good deals, they tell me "Buy x here and sell it there for this much profit" and either the profit is shit, or the village only has a very limited supply.

I end up chasing forrest bandits and wasting a day peddling behind them and half the time I get a quest I have to wait till a village isn't looted anymore.
>>
File: I joined Rhodoks.png (876KB, 900x1344px) Image search: [Google]
I joined Rhodoks.png
876KB, 900x1344px
Reminder, don't join the Rhodoks. Join Swadia, get knights, feast, put Rhodoks, Nords and Khershits in their place.
>>
>>382464508
what you need is to invest in enterprises in towns so you get regular income
>>
How big are battles in singleplayer for Xbone? I'm contemplating buying this or maybe REmake.
>>
>>382464735
Pathfinding will make you move around the world faster than anyone else. This has two advantages, running away from stronger opponents, and catching up to valuable enemies. Its one of the most important points to invest in imho
>>
>>382464735
Always start in Nord, Khergit or Sarraind territory. Steppe and desert bandits are easy to run from, and Sea Raiders are like babies.
>>
>>382464793
and how do I do that? do I need to be a lord?
>>
>>382464735
Learn horse archery. Recruit Khergit horsefuckers. Win tournaments, invest in businesses to make you money and pay for your troops. Mercenary until everyone's weak and divided then take over
>>
buy it on PC, it has potato tier system requirements
>>
File: IMG_0134.jpg (543KB, 1536x2049px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0134.jpg
543KB, 1536x2049px
Ok so i started the campaign, but which faction/Kingdom do i join?
I made a guy focussed on combat and am just looking to play as a knight
>>
>>382466270
Praven, they have the easiest tourneys, and are in the middle of the continent. It doesn't really matter where you start, you can still go anywhere else and recruit any type of soldiers you want.
>>
>>382466270
VAEGIR STRONG
>>
>>382466270
where you start doesnt mean who you join
swadia is where its at for mounted knights, but you can be overwhelmed pretty easily if youve never played before and dont know whats going on, nords are a decent faction to learn the game with honestly, but they have absolutely no cavalry, youll need to get merc cavalry if you want them later on
>>
why would even buy this on console when the pc version is both cheaper and a 1000x better
>>
>>382461325

>lance fag

the lance is boring as shit
its not even a weapon, you will only learn how to do a cheap ass cheesing manuever and everything else will own you
>>
>>382466270
Nords specialize in heavy infantry, dey vikings
Swadia specializes in heavy cavalry like knights, they're a mixup of France and HRE
Rhodoks have good infantry and great missile troops
Khergits are the horse archer faction and are Mongols basically
Sarraind are like Swadia with weaker infantry and slightly better cavalry and desert themed
Vaegirs are generalists, and resemble Rus and Moscovia duchy
>>
>>382466518
>where you start doesnt mean who you join
Oh ok, thanks.
>>382466884
Thanks for the info.
I was thinking either swadia or nords mostly just because i like their aesthetics, but i'll probably just go Swadia for knights and cavalry.
>>
>>382461387
I've only played PS4 version but I played for a couple months with no problems.
They also put out a patch that fixed a few minor annoyances such as screen res and being able to disable some button functions and being able to turn off auto save.

I assume Xbox is about the same.
It's really great and something you have play yourself for a bit to see why.
>>
>>382467090
You can recruit Swadian troops without being in Swadia

Nords have a strong starting position only having to face Swadia who never moves north, and the Vaegirs

Swadia has a weak starting position being attacked from multiple sides by Nords, Rhodoks, Khergits and Sarrainds sometimes the Vaegirs join in too
>>
>>382463692
> other than modding

Moddings the funnest part. There's a shitload of them from Feudal Japan to 3 Kingdoms China to all of Europe/ME/North Africa durrong the crusades to the Wild West, obscure Polish wars, Napoleon, American Civil War, American Revolution, pirates, World War One, Anglo-Zulu conflicts, Ancient Rome, homebrew medival fantasy realms, Warhammer, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, buggy post-apocalypse, obscure Slavic wars, the Rennisance, Vikings, Spain durring the Reconquista, Jewish rebellion, King Arthur, Meso-America. Etc. Etc.
>>
>>382462965
You don't
>>
>>382464754
Harlaus is a huge faggot. Fuck off swadicuck
>>
>>382468017
links to some of them? the best ones if possible
>>
>>382468740
Graveth is a Rhocuck and Ragnar manages to be a bigger fag than Harlaus, SHARE YOUR FUCKING CASTLES FAGNAR
>>
are the expansions good? I aldready played vanilla
>>
>>382469181
no just get some mods
>>
>>382468929
My favorite mod is Anno Domini 1257. It takes place durring the crusades. Has a fucktardedly large map comprising all of Europe and the Middle East:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/anno-domini-1257

Gekukujo (Feudal Japan):

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3816/?

L'Aigle is the definitive Napoleon mod. It is crippling beutiful. However, it feels incomplete:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/laigle

/vg/ has been busting a nut over Hispania 1200. I REALLY enjoy it. It's comfy as all fuck and lets you be a lord or a king right off the bat.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hispania-1200
>>
>>382463162
> Kizuna ai poster

fuck off
>>
>>382469568
What became of the Amazons mod?
>>
>>382469568
>L'Aigle
why wouldnt you just play NW which is multiplayer? the AI in M&B is dumb as shit
>>
>>382469706
>hating /v/'s mascot
Lurk moar newfag.
>>
>>382469832
Not everyone is into Mountain Blade for the MP
>>
File: 19d.jpg (49KB, 736x691px) Image search: [Google]
19d.jpg
49KB, 736x691px
>>382469935
> Kizuna Ai
> /v/ mascot
> goes on to tell me to lurk moar

how can somebody be THAT much wrong?
>>
>>382470385
Lurk moar newfag.
>>
>>382469832
There is an autistic level of detail in L'Aigile making it a borderline masterpiece if it wasn't so souless and dead sometimes.

If it and With Fire and Sword were to be combined somehow (minus WFaS bullshit firearms mechanics) it would be GOAT.
>>
>>382465591

nah u just go to the big towns and some guy can sell you businesses

i forget his name
>>
>>382469935
>/v/'s mascot
>I love making shit up
>>
>>382471195
Lurk moar newfag.
>>
>>382459403
>>382464735
For money, Tourneys(placing bets on self), if you bother recruiting men join a faction as a merc and follow friendly lords into hostile territory and help them in battle if it seems favorable, with less than ~30 men, force villages to give you supply's, with ~40+ men plunder the village(very time consuming and very risky but excellent dosh), use the money to start businesses in every town on the map(velvet is usually the biggest money maker).

For combat, use ranged in sieges but always use horse+lance in pitched battles as its OP, (Horse archery+being Khergit is ezcheatmode if you want an easy game).

For relations, follow friendly lords and save them from slightly unfavorable battles, participate in sieges/big pitched battles then talk to all friendly lords that were present, you also get all captured lords personally which you can ransom or release for relations, relations are needed for infaction actions.

For movement speed(allows you to control when, where or if battles happen) cavalry increase it while only foot mobiles lower it, keep horses in your inventory as they act as pack horses and slightly increase your speed.
>>
What modding do you guys actually do? Also in vanilla do you guys actually manage your troops during battle? I haven't played in a few months, but I just had my troops attack as they pleased, while I went in the back of the enemies and just cut them down. Did pretty well, but sieging fortresses and cities was hard. Never was able to completely conquer the world, but I could usually become one of the strongest vassals of a kingdom.
>>
Fuck the tourneys with lances. Those were always shit tier
>>
>>382472292
i have about 16 different classifications for troops for controlling them on the field, since i have max difficulty and damage on. if you don't play with max damage and AI, you are a shitty fucking casual who isn't learning how to play the game, you just press charge and wait to win or lose.
>>
>>382471279
I just wish the tourney AI wasn't such absolute shit.
>Random weapon
>Enemies will either huddle up and kill eachother or six of them with ignore eachother as their brushing shoulders on their way to jump you
>>
1.When I am just starting my own kingdom what mistakes will I make?
2.In the group of nobles you use for early game there are 2 non nobles.Borcha and Artimer.Can I keep Borcha with the second half goup and can I make Artimer the minister or should that go to a noble?
3.Should I put most of the nobles points into charisma for Leadership and Prisoner Management or focus on their combat skills?

Thanks in adavance
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.