[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: overuninstalled.jpg (15KB, 418x225px) Image search: [Google]
overuninstalled.jpg
15KB, 418x225px
Did /v/ ever drop a game? It feels like a massive burden has been lifted from my shoulders.
>>
>>382452795

World of tanks.

Never touching that piece of shit ever again.
>>
>>382452795
>It feels like a massive burden has been lifted from my shoulders.
how weak of a person are you
>>
>>382452795
uninstalled Overwatch during the Christmas event since the skins were shit and it was clear Blizzard can't make good maps.
>>
I installed Overwatch when the public 'beta' ended. Feels good.
>>
>>382453132
*uninstalled
Also Hearthstone. What a waste of time.
>>
I am trying to drop League right now, only way I can is if I somehow sell my account, which is fucking difficult to do since most sites that do it are shady and ebay is fucking jank.
>>
>>382452795
dota 2 the 16/06/16 I feel now wiser and barely play any multiplayer game
>>
Dropped Smash 4. I stopped playing with my group on online acquaintances, and I didn't like playing in FG, I rarely enjoyed myself. It was like a habit, went to it when I couldn't think of anything else. So I finally uninstalled, may go back someday, but it's nice.
>>
>>382452795
Dota 2 after around 2000 hours haven't played it for over a year
>>
i do it all the time
>>
Dropped Dota 2 back in October
>>
>>382452795
You'll be back

Also you have no real problems in your life.
>>
>>382453339
>>382453552
How

When do the cravings of just one game when Im bored stop
>>
>>382454151
I uninstalled Dota back in 2016 too, glad I did by the looks of 7.00. I stopped by just playing other games instead of Dota, and then realizing that one single match of Dota takes so much time out of your day. You especially notice it when you play any other MOBA like SMITE or Paladins and then realize you can do 2-3 matches in the time of one average Dota game.
>>
>>382454151
Because Reborn fucked the game's balance harder than any other patch and caused many user guides to become plain useless. Valve didn't do jack for months because The International was coming so Dota started hemorrhaging away players for the time that followed
>>
I dropped SFV after a total of 100 hours. I used to play for a week when each new character was released but I don't have FM left to unlock the new characters and I won't give Capcom more money.
Also dropped LoL and Smite after about 3 matches.
>>
File: de.png (21KB, 262x224px) Image search: [Google]
de.png
21KB, 262x224px
Guild Wars 2 and Path of exile
Gw2 was shit, I regret buying the physical copy
Finished PoE at full lvl with all the acts stuff, the game just got boring
>>
File: 1497041920273.jpg (18KB, 240x280px) Image search: [Google]
1497041920273.jpg
18KB, 240x280px
Dota 2 after some 1500 hours. Everything Valve does with the game post 7.00 makes me feel pure disgust, and I'm glad for it. ASSFAGGOTs are cancer upon the world. I weep when I see I've dumped some $500 on this piece of shit game.

I am much more happier and I'm finally finding joy in vidya again. It's much better playing many different games instead of dumping years and years into just one that you're never gonna really be good at either, imo.

>>382454151
I'd like if I could help you but you just have to come to the understanding yourself that nothing good for you will come out of this game. You will lose time, you will lose money, you will lose health due to frustration after every single game. And what do you stand to gain? Mechanical knowledge of the game that will serve you no good since you will never be a pro? Internet cred among children?
>>
>>382453218
I was the same way. Got perma banned. Easy way out.
>>
>>382452795
>hey guys lmfao look at me i deleted a popular game
>do i fit in yet?
>i actually installed it again lmao
>>
>>382457560
triggered blizzdrone spotted.
>>
I will never install something with "heroes/champions/classes" ever again. I learned that lesson before Overwatch.
>>
>>382457440
>>382453339
>>382453298
>>382455745

I'm actually glad they released 7.00, because it allowed me to quit the game.

Icefrog had finally reached one of the highest points of balance where most heroes could be used and he goes and tanks the game.

Why. Oh well, it's for the best.
>>
>>382452795
I want to like overwatch, but I can't play competitive until level 25 and quick match is absolute cancer. About how many more games until 25 if I'm at 13? I'm also not sure how fun competitive will be without a team to play with, that has voice chat.
>>
>>382456767
>tfw considering dropping because of rollback

i wish i didn't like fighting games, too much work to find people with good internet to play with and none of the devs seem to care about providing a good online experience
>>
>>382452795
>combat arms
>league of legends
>counter strike go
>>
See the light and drop all games
>>
>>382452795
I admit I used to heavily play Star Trek Online. There were some updates back in 2015, (I think?)
that pretty much made the game shit.

Haven't played it since. Its a shame, because I enjoyed it.
>>
>>382459182
SFV just has shitty netcode. Killer Instinct has good matches 95% of the time. And I believe Tekken does too.
>>
My roommates made me play thru FO:NV which I liked a decent amount, even all the crashing. Then they wanted me to try FO3. I had to just say "No." I know the mechanics are even worse and the lore is a trash heap. I told them I don't want to suffer thru 100 hours of it to "make my judgement" as I've already made my judgement. They argued "but you like NV..." I told them I tolerated it and LOVED Ulysses shitting all over the franchise and games specifically. I LOVED the fourth wall breaking it kept doing and making it so meta. They asked me what I meant. I had to just walk away. I was the outsider to their Fallout game series and I understood it better than they did. I was ashamed of them in that moment.

I put up with their games but they won't ever try my games (they make them feel dumb when they inevitably fail at something).
>>
>>382452795
This is me every 2-3 weeks

>install
>binge QP for 14 hrs straight
>feel like a piece of shit
>uninstall
>repeat

How do I break the cycle? Can I somehow gift the game to someone else?
>>
>>382461112
To elaborate to anons:
In The Lonesome Road DLC the character Ulysses' entire motivation is wrapped in a meta hatred of what FO could have been under Bethesda but the fans wouldn't accept it so there was a huge divide within the community (east vs west). He argues they could have made something amazing with it, bridged the "Divide" and worked together. But the fans and their obsession with the lore lead them to hate without reason. Even the best gun in the DLC, the nailgun, is used as a prop about "nailing the info home." all you do in the DLC rewalks the steps Ulysses TELLS you you've done but you might just be doing it for the first time and his story is just a perfect parallel to get you to bring him a McGuffin (which in itself is a meta callback to a "gatekeeper" of lore and the universe). The entire time you are furthering his ends without asking if you are, the player just does quests, checking off their boxes without thinking what the impact is or what the ramifications WILL BE. Its a 10 hour indictment of modern gaming philosophy and how Obsidian tried to bring back old style thought out cRPG mechanics and mentality to the new age and being met with nothing but REEEEEEEE'ing.

It was glorious and it was totally, utterly, absolutely lost on my roommates.
>>
>>382459080
Do you just never win any games?
It shouldn't take long at all to hit level 25.
>>
Got a refund on Star Citizen. I have never felt so relieved.
>>
If you felt like a burden was lifted from you it sounds like you were addicted.
I play a lot of videogames, and the only time I've ever felt this way was after quitting an MMO I had played for 5 years.

But MMOs are very different kinds of games designed to make you addicted. Overwatch has never made me feel that way. In fact, the way it's structured makes me want to only ever play a few matches at a time. Don't know how anyone can ever really sit on this game and play it all day.
>>
I dropped Dark Souls. I wanted to get into the series because I loved the aesthetics and it looked like a nice challenge in all the videos I'd seen, but I'm just not patient enough to watch the enemies movements and too used to casual shit to not try and Rambo everything. Still looks fucking cool, though.
>>
>>382459080
If you go into comp at 25 you'll just be ruining games for other people most likely.

Maybe stick to arcade for a while.
>>
APB: Reloaded after around 2000 hours. The game is addicting, but the pay to win stuff is where I start to say 'no'.
>>
>>382452795
Guild Wars 2
Biggest piece of shit that was ever on my hard drive
>>
>>382459080
>I don't like the game, but I want to keep playing so that I can play the same game but with faggots instead of retards
good luck, champ
>>
>>382452795
WoW i quit before icecrown cit raid. I just coulndt handle guildmates, felt like 2nd job. Also quit because i learned everything about lore. As aomeone who loved war3ft it was pinnacle od my journey.
>>
>>382461181
Just don't reinstall? Idiot.
>>
>>382453218
Good luck anon.
Uninstall, since their client is a piece of shit that makes it a pain to reinstall, that's what worked for me.
>>
I dropped LoL two years ago after about 1600 hours. The reason? (other than it being a piece of shit) I kept getting muted for bullshit reasons. Simply asking someone to help you could get you muted because League players are a bunch of retarded autists. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of reports would get you auto banned/muted.

Glad I dropped that piece of shit. It's like a 50 pound tumor got removed from my body.
>>
Elder Scrolls Online. Do I need to mention anything else, I mean really.
>>
File: resident-evil-6-dc.jpg (298KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-6-dc.jpg
298KB, 1600x900px
To this day, it's still the only game I completely dropped and uninstalled before finishing. Ever.
>>
>>382461772
jesus shut the fuck up
>>
>>382464087
kek. Rage at your life someplace else.
>>
>>382464510
I don't give a shit about the fallout franchise. You sound like a huge faggot and a fucking redditor, I pity your friends
>>
>>382464690
Good thing this isn't a fallout thread, this is a why did you drop a game thread. I stated why I dropped a game. I made my posts and fucked off. Its you being a shitter that brought me back.

Again, go rage about the absolute state of your life elsewhere.
>>
>>382452795
I dropped Bioshock Infinite. I didn't play it anymore. I can always install it again.
>>
>CSGO
>TF2
not being able to instantly trade killed the games for me 2bh, i like buying games with free money
>>
>>382467721
I hate the way they gimped trading because retards couldn't hold on to their shit.
>friend has 3 trading cards I want
>do trade
>he has to confirm it through his email and then it's on hold for 24 hours

I remember one time it was even held for like 5 days just for some cards.
>>
File: 1497815186324.png (332KB, 1071x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1497815186324.png
332KB, 1071x1325px
>>382468276
>15 days plus email verification for every item
whats the point of having cards or crates then??? by the time the item is listed it goes so far down in price no one will buy it
>>
I just dropped Warframe this week. Been filling in the time by binging on Oblivion and reinstalling Dragon's Dogma. Feels good actually.
>>
>>382468470
All they have to do is make this verification and hold bullshit stuff that can be toggled off in account settings. That way the retards who don't think before trading get it turned on by default and are warned or something when they toggle it off, and then the actually competent people get to trade instantly.
>>
>>382468470
It's major bullshit
>>
File: 1497900896127.jpg (143KB, 1334x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1497900896127.jpg
143KB, 1334x1334px
>>382468647
>people with verification think your a scammer so no one ever trades with you
valve has fucked us six ways to sunday yet again, why has no one kiled that fat fuck gabe yet? and his board of psycologists
>>
>>382458717
I quit same patch and same reason. Never looked back.
>>
File: csg.jpg (402KB, 1208x1500px) Image search: [Google]
csg.jpg
402KB, 1208x1500px
I didnt even have much fun after a while, especially with the horrible updates Valve kept on putting out. Same shit with TF2.
>>
Elite Dangerous
Fell for Horizons expansion/season passed.
Wasted 30 hours on it.
Deleted it after flying 90 minutes in a straight line without any reward.
What a scam.
>>
File: 1498171994235.png (534KB, 570x700px) Image search: [Google]
1498171994235.png
534KB, 570x700px
>>382452795
depends what you mean with "dropped"
if you mean that a game is fun but at the same time extremly frustrating.
Chivalry medival warfare.
the problem with that game is the skillcurve of players... in normal games you have alot of average players, alot of good players and a few pros here and there but chiv is full of 2000h+ pros that have completly mastered the broken combat mechanics that its jsut not fun even tho i enjoyed the time when i could play normaly. that combined with the extremly toxic altitude of said players made me uninstall it and i havent touched it since... when i decided to uninstall i decided to ask in chat if i should do it (just to see what happens).. and everyone typed yes do it so that that.

but if you mean just stopped playing... then military shooters like arma or squad... i just couldnt handle the milsim autism anymore and got tired of talking to people all the time..

atm i only play rainbow six siege and rising storm 2 and gaming just feels empty at this point
>>
>>382469043
I've gotten back into TF2 in preparation for the big update and am having some fun. You just have to look past some of the silly shit and laugh at the F2P shitters and find them a bit endearing instead of getting frustrated with them though. It helps that I have a couple of friends who I play with though.
>>
I tried really hard to like it, and there's some fun to be had in it but there's too much wrong with the core gameplay. If they ever release an expansion that makes the game not shit I'd give it another go.
>>
File: asdf.png (73KB, 761x124px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
73KB, 761x124px
>>382469795

>>
>>382453014
Why?
>>
>>382452795
You already sold your soul by giving nu-Blizzard your shekels though.
>>
I dropped DFO after a long time

Wasn't the same game for while
>>
>>382453218
Same here
But I've spent some money on skins, and 4 years of my life, so now it hurts to simply drop it
>>
>>382460935
https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/06/20/capcom-and-bandai-namco-are-teaming-up-to-improve-online-multiplayer-for-the-street-fighter-series/#57a0ee122ae2
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.