[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo's internal policies towards third parties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: You will understand.jpg (2KB, 85x90px) Image search: [Google]
You will understand.jpg
2KB, 85x90px
Hey everyone. I'm a former employee at NOA. I'd like to take the time to talk to you a little bit about the problems and controversies going on at Nintendo. Particularly between Reggie and management.

For those of you who are not aware, Reggie has no influence or say on what games get made. His job is mainly to sell the games that Japan makes to America. NOA has VERY little influence when it comes to that sort of thing.

Reggie, and the rest of the American teams, want major third party support. Management does not. In fact, Kimishima has specifically told them.

The plan is, and always has been, to pump out more games than EVERY SINGLE THIRD PARTY PUBLISHER COMBINED, entirely in house. Yamauchi, following the 'betrayal' of Square, \instructed Iwata to never give thirds any quarter. To never cave into their demands. To never offer them money for a multiplat support and to focus solely on first and second party development.
>>
proof?
>>
>>382451560
My Dad works at NoJ and he said you are a fag but in nip talk.
>>
>>382453260
My Dad works at NOE and he said you both are fags but in Muslim talk.
>>
>>382451560
>The plan is, and always has been, to pump out more games than EVERY SINGLE THIRD PARTY PUBLISHER COMBINED, entirely in house

Would be cool if it wasn't wildly unrealistic and flat-out untrue.

I agree that it's tiring hearing the same armchair """experts""" on NeoGAF overemphasize the importance of third parties though. All the third party support in the world wouldn't help Nintendo because that's not why people buy Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>382451560
Post blurred pic of your Id card and lanyard if you're so great.
>>
>>382451560
>betrayal

You mean betrayal as in when Sony offered lower royalities and friendly dev enviorment to thrid parties who then asked Nintendo if they could do the same and Nintendo said "Fuck off to Sony, you will die without us".

That betrayal?
>>
>>382454141
That's really not how it went down. Square was making FF7 with the expectation that the N64 would have disc media like the other consoles. Then they went with cartridges. It was just impossible for Square to turn FF7 into a cartridge game
>>
>>382454325
Yes, that was exactly how it went down with every single third party developer.

Sony offered much lower costs for developers which alongside absolute garbage treatment from Nintendo lead to massive exodus.

When you get a letter from Nintendo saying "You will regret this", you really see how they were.
>>
>>382454527
>When you get a letter from Nintendo saying "You will regret this", you really see how they were.
And I suppose you have photographic evidence of such a letter
>>
File: d0Wew1i.gif (533KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
d0Wew1i.gif
533KB, 500x275px
>Tfw there will never be another Snes golden age
>>
>>382454858
It was 20 years ago, but google is your friend.

I no longer work in the industry, it was not worth it.
>>
>>382453368
>Muslim talk
How do they talk
>>
File: 1484599001976.png (96KB, 756x636px) Image search: [Google]
1484599001976.png
96KB, 756x636px
>>382451560
>The plan is, and always has been, to pump out more games than EVERY SINGLE THIRD PARTY PUBLISHER COMBINED, entirely in house. Yamauchi, following the 'betrayal' of Square, \instructed Iwata to never give thirds any quarter. To never cave into their demands. To never offer them money for a multiplat support and to focus solely on first and second party development.
I can actually see this as truth and factible. Nintendo is just that stupid.
>>
>>382453867
>implying

That's literally the only reason I buy Nintendo consoles. At least I don't buy anything with DK, Mario, or Zelda in it.
>>
>>382454141
>>382454325
>>382454527
Didn't Sony also buy a reasonable part of Square. I remember reading that only recently did Sony sell their shares. Coincidence or not it also lines up with Square(enix) support ramping up for Nintendo.
>>
>>382451560
What if you were to give this thread to, say, twenty... intelligent people i mean, what would that do? Let's face it what would it do?
>>
>>382451560
Hey, aren't you guys tired? Let's forget about this thread and get some sleep
>>
File: disappoint dad.png (104KB, 318x308px) Image search: [Google]
disappoint dad.png
104KB, 318x308px
>>382451560
>Betrayal

Like even if you're not legit (most likely not since you wont even provide an employee badge) it just sounds so like them to be so far up their own ass they're touching the back of their teeth.

Nintendo's problems with 3rd parties are self caused, and their problems now getting more are also self caused. There's no betrayal, there's no bias from 3rd parties, it's all Nintendo's fault for being faggots and mistreating 3rd parties.

They've always imposed unfair standards to smaller or struggling 3rd parties in their contracts, those same standards which they do not impose on their internal studios. They also fucked over 3rd party pubs and devs with bad deals with the storage formats in both size and proprietary control so they can sell them, which is why Squaresoft stopped dealing with their bullshit for Sony and their CD which is easily purchased in large quantities and was a better format all around outside of load times.

Also their latest debacle is limiting their hardware and banking off gimmicks, pretending people care about their "special snowflake position" in the industry. when really Nintendo's own bullshit is forcing them to become irrelevant.

This company wont become its "old self" again, ever, until the old upper management is killed or dies off naturally.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.