[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The State of modern singleplayer fps games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2564678.jpg (17KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
2564678.jpg
17KB, 640x359px
Prey(2017) was such fucking wasted potential

I loved the original, and I don't think the 'new one' is objectively bad per se, but why the fuck did they have to turn it into another moral choice/stealth/exploration thing. Every fucking thing is moral choice/stealth/exploration now. Can't we just have some normal goddamn (non 'modern warfare clone' mp-oriented stuff) singleplayer fps games anymore? I just want to shoot at interesting enemies with interesting weapons. The 'original' prey was what Doom 3 should have been. And the 'new' Doom was great. I was really hoping/looking forward to the new Prey being like the new Doom. But it wasn't.

They did the same goodamn thing to that last deus ex game.

Why do like 90% of the non modern military mp fps games need to be all stealth/exploration/anemic ass gunplay and combat mechanics due to sheer lack of weapons and enemy variety, or some shoehorned in no-kill objectives and plot consequences.

What the almighty fuck. It's really goddamn annoying now a days.

I don't hate stealth games, or exploration for extra shit, but that's supposed to be the side attraction; the supplement and alternative path to going in guns blazing. Now like everything's just centralized on it.
>>
because you demanded hyperrealistic graphics and the only way to recoup the costs is to appeal to the masses and imitate success
>>
>>382444269
because those types of fps get more views on YouTube ya dingus!!!
>>
>>382444269
Dues ex has always had stealth and a morality system.
>>
It's why I play so few games these days. Those that do (like Doom) have been crap.
>>
>>382444269
>He actually liked arena spawning small amounts of demons: The Game
SHIGGY
>>
>>382444634
It did, but it was like I said; an alternative/supplementary path. Original, IW, hell even HR to an extent, had satisfying 'action', interesting weapons, etc... MD had plot contrivances at every single turn about why you shouldn't kill anyone EVER and someone reminding you beforehand and calling you a monster as soon as the mission is over. And to boot; the most anemic and least varied weapon selection of the entire franchise.

It was basically cyberpunk dishonored. And I'm not saying dishonored is a bad game, but it's not deus ex. You order a pizza for delivery and they bring you a calzone, it's a good calzone, but you wanted a fuckin pizza.

>>382444472
please explain
>>
>>382444269
>why the fuck did they have to turn it into another moral choice/stealth/exploration thing.
They didnĀ“t- Bethesda stomped the development on Prey2 and told arkane that the game [working title], a moral choice/stealth/exploration thing they were developing, was now Prey(2).
>>
>>382444269
The original Prey was absolutely fucking horrible.
>>
>>382444987
>Original ... had satisfying action
what the fuck no
>>
>>382444987
I always played dues ex on a pacifist run, or at least to a certain extent. Mankind divided was no different for me and the side quests made up for the base game in terms of story. Too bad it sold like ass thanks to square enix sucking at marketing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.