[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much money do video game VA's make? Is it a stable enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: aE8Hd.jpg (365KB, 800x1931px) Image search: [Google]
aE8Hd.jpg
365KB, 800x1931px
How much money do video game VA's make? Is it a stable enough career to support yourself, or would you need another job on the side to make enough money?
>>
#PerformanceMatters!!!

We're going on strike despite having to read a few lines and the people who get paid way less than me who have to code for hours on end!!!
>>
Why would you research that here?
>>
They go in and talk into a fucking microphone. The work they do on the game isn't even near what the rest have to do. It should be expected that you need to get multiple voice acting gigs to make a living, and that doing ten hours of voice work for a game that sells millions doesn't mean you get millions yourself.
>>
>>382440080
If you have to ask, you really aren't cut out for the work. Actors, and to a greater extent voice actors, can't afford to pidgeon hole themselves into one category. You have to be willing to take any jobs available and bust ass to make a name for yourself. Saying " I want to VA for videogames " is career suicide. You have to start somewhere and it's usually small. You're definitely going to need a dayjob in the meantime.
t. Mildly successful local actor
>>
>>382440080
I was reading that they make $800 every 4 hours.
>>
It's like most other performance industries, there's the 5% that are really well known and make a lot of money and the rest get peanuts and pocket lint
>>
Remember when Ego tried to be a voice actor for a while there.
>>
File: 1496538167017.jpg (31KB, 572x685px) Image search: [Google]
1496538167017.jpg
31KB, 572x685px
>>382440390
Works that way with movies sometimes plus so games do mocap of the VA' s face so they are actually acting as well as providing voice work
>>
>>382440080
that girl almost looks like gal gadot if he was a woman
>>
Ashley Burch made $450K for life is strange.
>>
>>382442685
That is just disgusting.
>>
File: Left Shark.png (145KB, 570x478px) Image search: [Google]
Left Shark.png
145KB, 570x478px
>>382440390
That's any job. Sports athletes sell merchandise and products that make millions of dollars, while they could suffer from a career ending injury at any time.

>>382440745
Now the ones making pocket lint are banned from working because that low percent want even more money.
>>
>>382440080
You need another job or side gigs unless you join that union for VAs, and I'd rather not join that place. You're less likely to do VA if you don't join.
>>
I honestly pity cute girls who act and carry themselves like true "hot" girls. They'll get cucked and foreveraloned by the "hot" guys they think they deserve, just like the permavirgins here that think they deserve a cute girl.

Good thing I'm a cute dude and can get cute girls my level. Fucked a few girls over my level too, which is nice, but nothing past that with those.
>>
>>382440080
It depends on how good they are at VAing and how big the project is. People like Tara Strong and Nolan North make anywhere between 1-3k in a couple hours, whereas less noticeable VAs can make a couple hundred in the same amount of time. Its full on work that can be very demanding at time but regardless, they still make more in a couple hours than the average person does in a week.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.