[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Featuring Classic Sonic for no reason! Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: C7I6xQYU4AA_jvj.jpg (89KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C7I6xQYU4AA_jvj.jpg
89KB, 1200x675px
>Featuring Classic Sonic for no reason!

Why
>>
Because Forces was made before Mania.
>>
>>382430493
They probably figure the inclusion of classic Sonic is enough to lure 30-somethings like myself into buying another godawful 3D Sonic game.

Fat chance.
>>
I find it hilarious how Classic Sonic is now hated by the fans to Scrappy-esque proportions, even though back when he originally returned everyone was cumming themselves.
>>
File: 1496660701998.png (363KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496660701998.png
363KB, 1024x768px
>>382431136
I don't hate him.

This game looks like shit though.
>>
What the fuck is Classic sonic in regards to in universe?

Is it Modern Sonic grown up? Is it a alternate timeline/dimension sonic?

Explain Sonic autists
>>
>>382431136
Nah. Just boosty boost autists. Most people prefer the Classic Sonic, even Sonic fans.
>>
>let's add gays for no reason!
Why
>>
>>382431136
No he isn't stop lying
>>
>>382431242

time travel fuckery
>>
>>382430493
To cater to long-time fans:
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201704/18130922.html
https://sonicjpnews.tumblr.com/post/159914016266/20170423-sonic-forces-interview-article

>Q: Will there be any difference between Modern and Classic gameplays?

>A: Yes. As a Sonic Team product after a long time, we wanted to provide users at least these two gameplay styles: 3D Sonic’s high-speed boost action, and 2D Sonic’s classic gameplay. We are co-starring these two to respond to long-time fan’s feelings, so I think we can meet their expectations with these gameplays.

>>382431242
In Generations he was a younger Sonic, but in Forces they now made him a Sonic from a different dimension.
>>
>>382431294
Did Knuckles officially come out?
>>
>>382430493
Any Sonic game post Genesis

Why?
>>
>>382430493
It's to celebrate the 25th anniversary
>>
>>382430493
because Sega has know idea what they did right with generations. So they copy and paste same idea new levels and OC generator.
>>
File: 1470703098462.png (13KB, 373x472px) Image search: [Google]
1470703098462.png
13KB, 373x472px
>>382431714
>>A: Yes. As a Sonic Team product after a long time, we wanted to provide users at least these two gameplay styles: 3D Sonic’s high-speed boost action, and 2D Sonic’s classic gameplay. We are co-starring these two to respond to long-time fan’s feelings, so I think we can meet their expectations with these gameplays.

This infuriates me to no end. Just combine speed and platforming. What is so fucking difficult about this? You don't need to fracture the fanbase more than it already is by having two different Sonics. What's worse is that Classic Sonic doesn't even do what it's touted to do well at all. It plays like absolute dog shit because it's literally the boost engine minus the boost and what do you know? Getting rid of "X to go fast" just shows how janky and poorly crafted Modern Sonic actually is. When your gameplay relies on scripted events to even function properly, you know you've got serious fundamental issues. Not that Sonic Team cares because apparently only autists like me notice how bad the gameplay is once you strip away the flash and veneer.

tl;dr: This is just Sonic Team admitting that they're too incompetent to blend speed and platforming together like the classics so they think giving you those two things separately is good enough and no one will notice.

tl;dr tl;dr: Fuck Iizuka. He's the Rick Berman of Sonic Team.

>>382431136
Because when they brought him back it was for an anniversary game celebrating all things Sonic, so it made sense to include the old Sonic. With Forces, it's just blatant "we're out of ideas" and nostalgia baiting normalfags. Blame Iizuka.

>>382432661
I still say that the OC character was originally Boom Sonic before Sonic Team was told to scrap him after the poor reception of Rise of Lyric. I mean, a character creator probably doesn't take very long to make and it would also explain why they held the third playable character to their chests for so long.
>>
generations did gud and had classic. Therefore if we add him to the new game he'll make it better!
>>
>>382431714
I hate the boosting sections and I hate the platforming, it should be either full 3D like adventure or full 2D like CD
>>
>>382434395
t. Adventure cuck
>>
>>382430493
Because everyone fucking love the little fucker.
>>
>>382431714
HOW ABOUT CATERING TO LONG-TIME FANS BY MAKING A GAME THAT'S NOT GARBAGE
OH WAIT, THAT'S WHAT MANIA IS FOR
>>
>>382430493
>still featuring modern sonic for no reason

ftfy faggot
>>
>>382431243
Peple prefer classic Sonic in the classic games, not this version of classic sonic in the modern games.
>>
Because they took the wrong message from Generations reception.
Because either they can't make an entire game of Boost levels without some kind of padding, or they have zero confidence in the Boost formula being able to hold the entire game (probably a little bit of both).
Because due to how insubstantial boost is they can't really develop or add to it past "rocket down a rectangular corridor", so they compensate by adding gimmicks.

Either way, I could at least forgive it if they even tried to improve Classic Sonic, but the physics look unchanged and the level design looks slapped together by an intern. That's just fucking embarrassing when you compare it to the Sonic game being developed for Maniacs.
>>
Classic > Adventure > Boost
Say what you like about the Adventure era, at least they tried to make some actual 3D platformers.
>>
>>382434884
>or full 2D like CD
>>
>>382430493
The more annoying bit is how they present Classic Sonic as being like Steamboat Fucking Willie
>>
>>382430493
>Featuring everyone's Sonic OC
Why?
>>
>>382430493
So that there's tolerable 2D gameplay. I like the boost stuff just fine but whenever they try sidescrolling sections they become awful. Classic Sonic in Generations was a poor man's version of the Genesis games but it was at least somewhat enjoyable.
>>
>>382434395
I like both styles but this. Just alternate 2d and 3d releases for fucik's sake
>>
>>382437619
So they can put an end to Sonichu legally.
>>
>>382438006
Problem this time is that people will have just come off Sonic Mania when Forces comes out, the flaws with Classic Sonic will be much more noticable and it won't help that the novelty factor has clearly worn off. I just know whenever I play a classic stage I'll be wishing he controlled like in Mania.
>>
>>382438327
I think it'll be jarring at first but once a modern Sonic or OC level shows up with its terrible sidescrolling portions suddenly classic Sonic will feel much better. I mean really they should have taken cues from Mania and fixed up the physics for him but as they are I think they'll be serviceable once the adjustment period is over.
>>
>>382438216
>Your OC gets canonically killed off
How would people react?
>>
>>382438790
>Your OC gets canonically killed off
>by Sonic
I'd love for this to happen.
>>
>>382438790
A chorus of autistic screeching heard around the world.
>>
>>382430493
>Featuring Sonic
Why
>>
>>382431136
I like classic Sonic. The stupid goofy Mickey Mouse-esque abomination in the OP isn't classic Sonic.
>>
>>382430493
Sonic Team do not understand what made Sonic appealing in the first place.
>>
>>382431136
I like Classic. I don't how he's being treated. It was special the first time because we hadn't seen him in so long. Now it feels cheap and worn out. They should keep him in Mania. He's starting I feel like a gimmick when he's attached to modern 3D games.
>>
>>382433074
>What is so fucking difficult about this?
Because that would necessitate gutting absolutely everything they've ever learned since Sonic Adventure. They've always tried to push boost and unnecessary automation further in every game, rather than stopping to try approaching Sonic from a fundamentally different angle.

>>382441754
It's not even really classic Sonic. The aesthetics aren't right, the gameplay is automated shit that's a total insult to the classics, and all in all he's nothing but a hollow gimmick to try and bait nostalgiafags. Good thing we have Mania and the new Overture demo coming out.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.