[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ass effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14

File: ptsd kid.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ptsd kid.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
How would you have ended the Mass Effect trilogy /v/?
>>
Ending of 3 was fine with me. Shepard making the ultimate sacrifice to save everything is like the best way to end his story.

Only complaints I hear is that the ending doesn't reflect EVERY SINGLE CHOICE the player made throughout 3 entire games, and honestly I think that's asking too much
>>
>>382428495
The choice of ending should have been made for you based on what choices you had made in the story. If Mass Effect 3 is a definitive ending that ties up all the loose ends it makes sense to have it that way.
>>
>>382428741

Basically this. There should have been no moment at the end where you decided what happened. Your decisions should have sealed your fate.
>>
With a New Hope-esque victory.
>>
>>382428741

That may have felt a little more tailored to the player's choices, but you have to keep in mind there are people who went into Mass Effect 3 without playing the other ones or maybe not having a save from the other games. It has to be able to stand alone on it's own as well
>>
>>382429065
I wish it had been like this. I felt letdown for weeks after finishing ME3
>>
File: shepard.jpg (85KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
shepard.jpg
85KB, 640x360px
>>382428285
>Galactic civilization is impossible without the Mass Relays
>Mass Relays create weird dark matter
>Dark matter causes the universe to rapidly age, big crunch will happen and all life will vanish
>Reapers find advanced civilizations and harvest them. This prevents more dark matter
>Adding more species allows the Reapers to keep searching for a way to solve the problem
>Protheans made a massive device to cripple the Reapers but didn't finish it
>They hid a super important part of the machine on Earth knowing that the Reapers would ignore primitive humanity
>Reapers find out and immediately try to find it, which explains why they choose Earth instead of the Citadel
>Final choice is to let the Reapers harvest you and hopefully save the universe, or refuse to trust them and activate the weapon
>Thousands of Reapers die from the weapon but it breaks
>Low war assets results in everybody dying and the Reapers are greatly weakened, everything sucks and nobody wins
>Medium war assets results in Shepard and other characters dying, shit sucks but at least the Reapers might lose
>High war assets is the happy ending where Shepard can live on, Reapers are still around but aren't unbeatable
There you go, I just fixed most of ME3
>>
>>382428285
Definitely not with a literal deus ex machina telling you all you accomplished is worthless and you'll pick your damn colour and like it.
>>
File: strawman.png (8KB, 196x171px) Image search: [Google]
strawman.png
8KB, 196x171px
>>382428495
>Only complaints I hear is that the ending doesn't reflect EVERY SINGLE CHOICE the player made throughout 3 entire games, and honestly I think that's asking too much
Hi, IGN
>>
>>382430020
This... sounds better than the actual ending. I like it.
>>
with imposion of the universe
>>
>>382428285
Depends. If you want a worthy ending you also have to change to lead up. When I should only change the very end:
>remove earth as the place of final battle
Better let the Citadel stay where it is and do the battle right there. You could even play it out the same way, only with the ground troops being deployed inside the Citadel
>remake the Citadel design of ME1 and let the player fight his way from the docking bay to the Citadel Tower
>choices throughout the game/trilogy reflect your allies inside the Citadel
>a horde of reaper forces appear when you reach the tower
>rest of your allies make a last stand while you continue your way
>survival of crew based on team strength like in ME2
>Shepard reaches central controling unit as the crucible docks onto the Citadel
You could also add a boss fight before you reach it
>catalyst is there like in the original ending, but instead of a hologram kid you get to interact with it through a console
>concentrate on the AI having an absurd view on organic life
>only choice is to destory/control the reapers, but both endings don't destroy the Citadel
>epilogue contains a detailed ending of your companions and other famous NPCs

Also fuck the whole thing with TIM. Shepard should kill him while he conquers his station.
>>
Nier tomato ending credit sequence for ending E
The credits slowly turn to reapers
The same shit happens and only by joining together with other fans can you really beat the game.
It just ends, nothing else after you beat the credits.

That's all I want and need to be happy with the ending for what it is now.
>>
>>382428285
they should have just focused it on being centered around being lawful good, neutral good, and chaotic good
>>
>>382429078
Well, if you jump straight into the third game without playing the first two, you're just gonna have to live with not getting the full story. Even with that being said, pretty much every game ever made that doesn't allow you to flat out choose your ending has an ending that is the result of things you've done throughout the game.
>>
>>382429065
>ywn do a trench run on Harbinger
>>
>>382430020
You certainly did.
>>
sovreign shows up and wipes the galaxy clean of anyone who ever did gay stuff

If the player did any gay stuff in the entire trilogy the disc drive snaps the game disc in half / the harddrive bricks itself
>>
>>382428285
When Shepard dies at the beginning of ME2. I actually like a lot of stuff in ME2 but I feel that it would be worth it to end the game right there.
>>
shepard was indoctrinated since 1
>>
Easy.

1. Keep the three ending types: control, destroy, synthesize.

2. Each ending is determined by who you side with in the final game.
>Side with Cerberus = Control
>Side with Alliance/Council = Destroy
>Side with Geth(?) = Synthesize

Something like that. The missions would all be mostly the same, however they'd be slightly different depending on who you are doing the mission for. Once you get towards the end of the game, you start getting unique missions to your chosen side.

With this, Bioware gets to keep the three endings and most missions aren't altered too much. Also, don't make the Illusive Man a bad guy and don't make him indoctrinated.
>>
>>382430608
ha ha ha this. Then the majority of us would get good endings.
>>
File: RGB laser.jpg (926KB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
RGB laser.jpg
926KB, 1920x3240px
IF IT AIN'T BROKE
>>
File: visible confusion.gif (3MB, 200x216px) Image search: [Google]
visible confusion.gif
3MB, 200x216px
>>382430796
>he thinks /v/ isn't gay as fuck
>>
File: Mass Effect Andromeda.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect Andromeda.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
>>382428285
With this.
>>
>>382430946
with even less choices and consequences huh
>>
>>382430684

It's fascinating to me that someone could be such an awful writer that in the same game they hype up how the character is literally going on a suicide mission they completely undermine death in the first five minutes by establishing space magic can bring people back to life. They even specifically say it's not a clone, it's the resurrected dead. So basically, who gives a shit if it's a "suicide" mission?

That reminds me of a sci-fi novel I once read which had a similar thing about people being resurrected after death except that author had enough sense to make the premise being about how difficult it to actually kill someone for good in such a universe.
>>
>>382431156
Altered Carbon? Good book that
>>
File: 1429367592362.jpg (31KB, 508x595px) Image search: [Google]
1429367592362.jpg
31KB, 508x595px
>>382431046

His joke went over your head I think
>>
>>382431156
They should have had him be a clone. And then they could have plot point of him feeling fucked up because he isn't the real Shepard.
>>
>>382431345
That sort of happens in Citadel.
>>
>>382428285
With all the crew knowing there is no hope and they're going to die, so all the crew members, of all races, gangbang femshep until the Reapers blow the Normandy up
>>
>>382431416
Well the more you know. Never played it. But how would that work if he isn't a clone?
>>
>>382431585
Turns out Cerberus made a clone in case they needed replacement parts for the real Shepard. He is the bad guy in Citadel. He wants to kill you and take your place.
>>
>>382431814
Oh, and I think Miranda says she doesn't know. Even though the person responsible for resurrecting someone really should know about the backup plan for any complications. Basically an excuse for why she doesn't tell you before the writers thought it up.
>>
File: 1491457825644.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491457825644.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>382431814
>>382431948
That sounds incredibly silly.
>>
>>382431585
>never played it
you are missing the best content me3 had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc_IjeY1204
>>
Have you ever noticed that ME3 endings are the same as Deus ex?
Destroy technology/become the ruler of the world/fuse yourself with an IA
It's just handled differently, you have several people telling you different things and you have to physically go and fight a different last level, instead of picking a FUCKING COLOR
>>
>>382428495
This. The extended ending is fine, however the trilogy sparked so much anticipation how it will all end, that nobody could've lived up to it. People expected every decision to be taken into account, or some massive plot twist, but there is no way they could've done this.
>>
ending depends on how many resources you gathered/allies you've gained (and who they were, in instances where you had to choose one group over another) across all 3 games. There is ONE way to get out alive at the end, but has to be really hard to obtain.

you can get this ending if you reject the dumbass reaper god child, even using paragon/renegade points to weaken its resolve (which weakens the resolve of the reapers themselves) by pointing out examples of all the times you proved their broken logic wrong.

also i'd make illusive man just a power-hungry mega rich asshole, not saren 2.0. put in an ACTUAL bossfight with some super reaper monster at the end, potentially taking place at the same time as everyone else is fighting for keeps (think how mgs4 handled some of its key scenes)

oh and DON'T cut the awesome anderson dialogue from their final conversation. shit was great, i don't know why they cut most of it
>>
>>382429065
Its a series where giant, galaxy genociding robots invade the galaxy to harvest it for the millionth time.
If you expected an and everyone lived happily ever after ending you're an idiot.
>>
>>382431995
The entire DLC was pretty much fan service and not meant to be taken seriously. All the previous squad mates (that are alive) appear, and you can have a party with them. It designed to be the last thing you do in the series before the final mission, as one last fun event for the trilogy.

It also has a fun area of the Citadel. Arcade games, a new shooter area (much improved version of Pinnacle Station from ME1) and a ton of side quests usually involving fun moments with the squad (on of the best is Zaeed trying to win a grabbing machine).

If you ever do ME3 it's pretty much a must play, especially if you are doing a full trilogy playthrough.
>>
>>382431046
Yeah but it has hilarious autism jokes
>>
File: n7 wojak.png (45KB, 675x827px) Image search: [Google]
n7 wojak.png
45KB, 675x827px
>>382432403
>mfw love interest tells shepard that they had a good ride
>shepard (staring into the void): '... the best'
>>
>>382430020
The dark matter and mass relays leading to the big crunch matter is stupid, as the Reapers created the mass relays, and why would they create something that accelerates the destruction they want to prevent? They could've just destroyed the mass relays.
>Adding more species allows the Reapers to keep searching for a way to solve the problem
Why? Why would they add more species that will take thousand of years to rise, who will build machinery that create dark matter only to kill them. It would just be best for them to kill all life and search for an answer themselves.
Also the endings are just stupid sequel bait.
>>
>Change the reapers' retarded reason for wiping out all sentient races in the galaxy to them wiping out races that are close to the level of technology required to build self-replicating nanomachines, in order to prevent a grey goo event that would lay the galaxy barren to any further life
>Remove the kid from the game entirely
>Either make sure the mass relays being destroyed is shown as a huge deal that will kill hundreds of billions of people and will set the entire galaxy hundreds of years back in terms of development, or just don't destroy the mass relays at all
>No control or merge endings, though perhaps some new alternative endings could be made
Some quick fixes I could think of
>>
File: the best.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
the best.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>382432680
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>>
>>382430335
>>remove earth as the place of final battle
Fucking this. No one gives a shit about earth in the Mass Effect universe. We haven't been anywhere near earth until ME3. Shepard doesn't even have ANY connection to earth if you select spaceborn or colonist. Yet in ME3 we have to pretend like earth is the most important thing to all humans in the galaxy and that is where we have to make our final stand and
It's so fucking dumb and I hated it so much. You fight to protect other planets in ME3, too. Planets that you've actually had a connection to in the other games, and as such it feels like far much more is at stake during those fights.
>>
>>382434575
>great space opera franchise that revolves around space flight and the distant frontiers of the galaxy which has thousands of planets
>final level is in L O N D O N and totally looks like call of duty
fucking bioware
>>
>>382428285
>trilogy
There's your problem right there
>>
File: 1385670378231.jpg (885KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1385670378231.jpg
885KB, 1920x1080px
Honestly I wish the indoctrination had been played up more, with the Reapers only being background figures manipulating proceedings from the shadows. Like, the leaders of the council races getting indoctrinated and having a galaxy-wide war against each other, committing atrocities all over until the galaxy had been shattered enough for the Reapers to come in directly and start their harvest. Like Turians grinding their war machine against the rest of the council, Salarian terrorists bombing Thessia, Krogans dropping asteroids down the gravity well, Humans detonating all their nukes floating around the various homeworlds. Woulda made a way better setting with better choices and ramifications.
>>
There is no plot device on/off switch for reapers. Protheans were working on something that would help them beat the reapers and you're trying to track that down and pick up where they left off while also rallying forces across council space to fight, with or without the prothean weapon.
>>
>>382434575
>Your Shepard is forced to give a shit about some random kid
>Your Shepard is forced to give a shit about Earth
ME3's story is literally a bad fan fiction.
>>
>>382428285
Not release 2 and 3 at all.

/thread
>>
>>382435536
2 dindu nuffin wrong. It was entirely inoffensive.
>>
>>382430335
Sounds good.
>>
File: 1111MEA.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1111MEA.webm
3MB, 640x360px
The Reapers have been harvesting humans and other races in order to slow and eventually stop the spread of dark matter (that was introduced in ME2).
You can choose to sacrifice all of humanity in order to save the universe (Renegade) or destroy the Reapers and try to find a way yourself (Paragon)
>>
>>382436923
It was the start to many things that were shitty about ME3.
>>
>>382438524
Such as...?
>>
>>382436923
The problem with 2 was that it was half an experience.

1 was a good game (or not if you don't like it) that could be a standalone experience. Shepard says they're going after the Reapers at the end, but apart from that it's contained.

2 was entirely about preparing for the Reapers. Building a team and learning about the Reapers. The game was setup for 3, it can't exist on it's own. The problems with the game are explained by it being the middle, so it has no setup or payoff.

3 shit the bed. I won't go into it, it's been talked about enough..

So the problems that 2 had were ignored as they would go away once 3 came out as it would be one experience, rather than a few games with individual problems. But 3 ruined it, so all the stuff that could be ignored in 2 because 3 would fix them weren't fixed.
>>
>>382438714
>Mass Effect 1 was a space opera, much like Star Trek. ME2 felt the need to completely shit on the space opera feel with grittiness and tattooed skanks swearing left and right. ME3 went full retard completely with becoming essentially futuristic Call of Duty with aliens.
>Separation of locations into shooting galleries and quest hubs.
>Improving the shooter aspect of ME, at the expense of RPG part.
>Press button for something awesome to happen
>Embracing the memes and actively making them a part of the game. Remember when Garrus' character wasn't about quips and calibrations?
>Your ability to be a racist to aliens greatly diminished with each game, because we can't have that in current year. Hey, remember when you could callously allow the Council to die, because it would benefit human political position?
>>
>>382438721
>>382439717
I look at 2 the way I do the non-main story parts of 3; pretty decent and with enough unique and memorable moments to be worth playing on its own. The biggest difference is that 3 has, you know, the rest of the game attached to it.
>>
>>382435445
>There is no plot device on/off switch for reapers
This. I'd say that every cycle discovered something about the Reapers and left it behind for the next one to find, ant that's the plot of the third game: finding the clues the other cycles gave us to survive, and instead of making a plot machine we'd get better shields for our ships, discover Reaper weakness, etc.
Choices we made during the three games and how much we discovered during this last one would determine if this cycle was ready enuogh to survive or not.
>>
File: 1497776734755.jpg (12KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
1497776734755.jpg
12KB, 285x177px
Easy
>Change the illusive man being indoctrinated. That shit is just stupid as hell, and removes all depth from his character
>Make the final mission less of a fucking slog to play.
>Involve your companions more for the last mission, like when you have to chase down the fake Shepard
>remove assimilation ending
>Remove control ending
>Remove the child hologram that explains nothing to you
>Make the lose the war ending occur from not being ready enough, rather than from misclicking
>Change the destroy ending so you just kill the reapers and nothing else
>>
>Alliance SUDDENLY discovers a superweapon that supposedly can defeat the Reapers
>Alliance admits that they have no idea what it does, or how it works
>They build it anyway
>Later it turns out that it doesn't work without a Godchild
>Also, it's not a weapon, but a magic artifact
>Because otherwise I can't explain it turning people all over the galaxy into cyborgs, the only reasonable explanation is space magic
ME3 plot was pretty shitty.
>>
>>382428495
>Shepard sacrificing himself is fine.
Yes it is, nobody was really angry about that.
What people did hate was the anticlimatic final mission, the ending being regulated to three incredibly similar endings, the use of an unforeshadowed deus ex machina to resolve the overarching conflict, the sketchy and contradictory nature of the ending which was full of plot holes, and the lack of resolution that the ending gave its players (which is to say, we get no real resolution for the characters we cared about, they're just sort of stuck on a deserted planet I guess?).
>>
>>382440986
Grunt is cute!
Cute!
>>
>>382436923
2 was the harbinger of everything that went wrong with Bioware. Off the top of my head, it started the following trends that later games would embody.
>Style over substance
Getting rid of the 60s style aesthetic and music for grim derp and orchestrals
>fanservice
Garrus and Tali weren't actually bad in 2, but the signs were there
>having the codex explain points rather than be an interesting background knowledge font
You'd not know why the fuck thermal clips were a thing if not for the codex, whereas the overheat system gets explained in game
>Focusing on all the wrong areas
Fuck exploration, let's wank off over how great Cerberus is!
>sidelining previous Big Deals in favour of the latest thing Bioware wants to push
the fact that Shepard's Spectre status, which was previously a historical event in and of itself, gets completely glossed over is the worst offender
>borderline Mary Sues
TiMmy, Aria and Tela Vasir are infuriating characters that reek of author favouritism
>derailing characters
The worst offender, Udina, went from the abrasive man who wanted what's best for humanity, even if it meant dicking you over, to sleazy corrupt politician #5643
>>
>>382428285
Catalist was a Space nuke that would destroy reapers in a celular level AND only reapers. if you dont managed to get enough people to work on it, it would fail and kill everyone on the galaxy

the game ends with sheparp holding a EARTH flag in one hand, blue tits on another while steping on the body of a dead reaper
>>
>>382442361
>the harbinger of everything that went wrong with Bioware
Dohohoho
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.