[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

despite being a box office bomb, was is THAT bad in general?
>>
>>382425840
oh shut up retard, plenty of thread about Nintendo doing movies and anime again for synergy purposes, no one gives an eye.
and don't get me started on how movies like The Last of Us gets a free pass
>>
I personally kind of liked it. Even if it was less Final Fantasy than I was expecting.

It's been quite a while though, so maybe I'm remembering it through rose-tinted glasses.
>>
>>382425758
yes. people were expecting at least something final fantasy-ish not a post apoc sci fi movie about MUH LIFE FORMS. in the aftermath it was discovered that in fact the entire movie was a tech demo to push aki as some hilarious cgi superstar """actress""" that was going to be a bunch of other movies.
>>
>>382425978
So you posted this here purposefully, knowing it has absolutely nothing to do with video games aside from the title? Even the plot isn't an adaptation of any video game.
>>
>>382425758
It's an "ok" movie if you have never played or even heard of any final fantasy game.
If you watch it expecting it to be ANYTHING similar to any of the games you will hate the movie.
>>
>>382425758
It was better than XV.
But that's not fucking saying much.
>>
File: gr12.png (3KB, 344x43px) Image search: [Google]
gr12.png
3KB, 344x43px
>>382426312
if mods think this shouldn't be here, whine at /qa/ and leave it up to them, not backseat mod shitheads like you.

there's even a rule for people like you
>>
File: lookingfresh.jpg (36KB, 793x647px) Image search: [Google]
lookingfresh.jpg
36KB, 793x647px
>>382425758
>tfw you realize OP is making a joke about movie games on PS4
>>
>>382426842
>Going to sage and leave
like that's gonna do shit anymore. thanks for bitching by and not contributing at least, senile shit.
>>
File: 1494532291580.jpg (22KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
1494532291580.jpg
22KB, 400x353px
>>382426842
>announcing sage
>leaves like a bitch he is
this isn't really your day
>>
>>382426842

You're ruining /v/
>>
>>382425758
The biggest problem this movie had was calling itself Final Fantasy when it had nothing to do with the series. The second biggest was that it was really Japanese and kinda obtuse.

On a pure animation level, this movie is beautiful and pushed the boundaries of 3D animation farther than any other movie. Keep in mind that this movie's contemporaries were Toy Story and Shrek. With the amount of detail in the environments, detail on the characters and realistic everything it makes both those movies look like joke (In terms of animation).

It actively pisses me off when people complain about the animation because they're comparing it to modern 3D movies and saying it doesn't hold up. Of course not because the rest of the world caught up to this movie 5 years ago and even then they screw up.
The biggest saving grace is that everyone involved in the production side went on to reshape the animation industry as a whole.
>>
File: 1410828865824.jpg (35KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1410828865824.jpg
35KB, 300x200px
It wasn't a Final Fantasy movie
>>
File: 78202.jpg (29KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
78202.jpg
29KB, 400x277px
>>382425758
it's not bad at all
the creator put their spirit in it
>>
>>382425758

It had some major script issues but I appreciated the craftsmanship that went in it. Also, the music was the fuckin bomb.
>>
Did anyone else watch this on their PSP?
>>
>>382425758
It's boring as fuck
>>
>>382425758
They clearly tried really hard and James Woods was used to great effect. Not an abysmal movie but clearly not a good idea either. It's very weird and shallow but a pretty remarkable technical achievement.

>>382426842
>Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!
Slow down sonny.
>>
File: 1442094665129.gif (910KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1442094665129.gif
910KB, 250x188px
>>382427971

I forgot they sold movies for that

hilarious
>>
>>382427971
you're not alone
>>
It's a good movie, and nobody ever criticises it as a movie because they don't care if it's good or not and just want to complain about Sakaguchi being at fault for Square merging with Enix.
>>
>>382425758

It was a generic sci-fi movie that had fuck nothing to do with final fantasy
>>
>>382425758
it's not bad at all. spirits within is a well made scifi movie with some really cool visuals that are still holding up. the characters are very clichè but they work in the story.
I actually like it a lot, I've never played any of the games though.
>>
>>382428365
>that had fuck nothing to do with final fantasy
Way to flaunt your ignorance.
>>
My dad bought this. I didn't believe it was Final Fantasy related because it looked too much like horseshit, and I don't even like Final Fantasy.
>>
>>382428467

I played Final Fantasy

it was thieves and goblins and skeletons, not space marines with assault rifles and shit
>>
File: AkiRoss.jpg (24KB, 736x588px) Image search: [Google]
AkiRoss.jpg
24KB, 736x588px
Aki Ross is cute! CUTE!
>>
>there will never be a game that uses the concept of this movie.

Shit, it would be a great horror FPS.

>Have to pop flares to see if the enemies are around
>Even then, they are bastards to hit and kill
>Civilians get one shotted.
>>
>>382428604
>not space marines with assault rifles and shit
WE WUZ FINAL FANTASY N SHIET
>>
>>382428860

shuush you meme bastard
>>
>>382428604
They're not space marines, the movie takes place on earth. They're probably not marines either, weren't the seas dry or something? Been a while since I watched the movie.
>>
>>382425758
This movie was backlashed HARD in America before release, that's why it bombed. Hollywood was afraid of "computer generated characters" would substitute real actors. Since it was a 100% japanese movie they had nothing o lose making it bomb hard. Movie is OK, a little too complicated to follow but impressive visuals for the time and created baseline for VFX.
>>
>>382428915
YOU MAD GOBLIN BOI?
>>
>>382427814
Saying that movie is not a Final Fantasy, because is not related to any game is like saying that FFX is not a Final Fantasy, because there is no Cloud in it. Final Fantasy is not really series.
>>
Just watched it recently, it was pretty boring honestly. The spirits thing was interesting, but I felt no attachment to the characters.
>>
>>382426294
Was Aki proto lightning?
>>
>>382429220
I think he is referring to the space marine as a general aesthetic trope, insofar as most futuristic military outfits look the same
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.