[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minecraft Marketplace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 10minecraftmarketplace.jpg (65KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
10minecraftmarketplace.jpg
65KB, 620x300px
Don't mind me, I'm just slipping in paid mods under your nose.

Keep focusing on Bethesda, they are the bad guys.
>>
I think everyone just forgot since no one cares about minecraft
>>
>>382423445
Would be nice if anyone still cared about minecraft but you've got a point.
>>
It's a free market faggot
>>
>>382423445
Only children play minecraft.
children = mommys creditcard
>>
Amazing. It's not even mods. It only works on the mobile version of the game and they are selling skins, textures and maps.
>>
>>382423445
Remember the xbox 360 was the platform to popularize paid DLC in the first place. Microsoft gonna Microsoft.
>>
>>382424589
>skins, textures
Literally happened since Day 1 on Consoles and the Windows 10 Edition, from what I saw.
>>
>>382424208
>>382424218
>>382424502
>it's okay because nobody gives a shit about Minecraft
this is how shitty practices get normalized you retards
>>
>>382423445
Ah, MicroSoft acting like a cancer, once again.
Which came first? This or Bethesda Creation Club?
>>
>>382426150
this, it was fully released before creation club was even announced
>>
The new generation is in for a lot of shit.
>>
File: 1488407421603.gif (961KB, 203x220px) Image search: [Google]
1488407421603.gif
961KB, 203x220px
>>382423445
>>382424502
>>382426420
This is actually pretty wickedly clever on Microsoft's part.
With pretty much every kid in this generation playing Minecraft they're essentially raising an entire generation who thinks paying for fan-made content is 100% normal. In a few years these will be the people on online community defending shitty consumer practices by spouting buzzwords like "entitled".
>>
>>382426708
paying for stuff you like is normal, it's at the core of capitalism and the reason why developed countries are developed. When a people spend 100s of hours working to build something fun and they don't get any reward, that isn't fair or normal.
>>
File: 1484465620941.png (158KB, 304x273px) Image search: [Google]
1484465620941.png
158KB, 304x273px
>>382423445
>C++ version
I thought no one played that because you can't mod it.
>>
It peaked during beta when i had my own and active in sevrers. i think the bulk of poeple knew to drop it early.
Since this cracked open the whole idea of public betas and alpha, indie shit, poeple arent upset but rather apathetic to what Microsoft has done.
Notch killed it many years ago with a fucked production cycle and getting too popular to know what to make.
>>
>>382426940
>microsoft getting paid for doing fuck all while their fans make passion projects so they and other fans get more enjoyment out of the game is fair and normal
nice try microshill
>>
>>382426940
it was normal for the past 25 years bud
>>
>>382425835
Why would i care about what happens to a game i dont play or care about? Same thing with paid Bethesda mods, their games are fucking garbage and anybody who enjoys that shit deserves to have paid mods shoved down their throats because they're probably stupid enough to buy them.
>>
>>382429907
how fucking short sighted can you be?
once it's done infesting games you don't care about other companies will start seeing it's a good idea and it'll come for games you do care about
companies aren't your friend, retard, they'll milk you dry if given the chance without hesitation
>>
>>382423445
You're several years too late, minecraft has had paid mods for ages
But the modders get paid in clickshekels verses the jewish shit m$ is trying to pull

Ironically still resulted in the complete creative bankrupcy that everyone says paid mods will cause despite the immensely higher barriers to entry.
>>
>>382430242
I dont play garbage so no it wont.
>>
>>382429907
Because it's the best selling game in the fucking world ever? And if this takes off in Minecraft it's 100% going to attract the attention of other retarded boardroom execs asking why not put it in THEIR games.
>>
>>382430357
enjoy your ignorance while it lasts then
>>
File: lmao.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>382423445
They already sell skins on the console versions
>>
>>382426940
You are entitled to fuck all.
>>
Keep in mind that they aren't selling mods but texture packs and maps.
Things that require literally no effort to make, especially verses actual minecraft mods.
Unfortunately like 2% of actual clients use actual mods so it's fug.
>>
>>382431373
>things that require literally no effort to make
look, I agree with you that what Microsoft's doing is shitty, but saying it takes LITERALLY 0 effort to build a good map or make a texture pack is pretty dumb. on the other hand, I kind of doubt that this map/texturepack-selling platform has the most stringent QA
unless of course you were just using literally to exaggerate, in which case you're a massive fucking blowhard
>>
>>382431836
I was comparing it to the effort needed to make mods, and trust me, it's not an exaggeration at all.
Making actual mods for minecraft is a massive fucking nightmare.
By default you're going to have to make your own textures, so it already requires the same effort as a texture pack from the getgo, but there is literally no documentation or guides, and god help you if you want to do anything complex related to tile entities or GUI related.
>>
>>382432034
ah, yeah, if you're comparing them, there's no contest that mods are infinitely harder.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.