[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the actual point of gitting gud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 989654321687.png (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
989654321687.png
101KB, 640x640px
What is the actual point of gitting gud?
>>
>>382408645
To crush your enemies see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women.
>>
What is the actual point of video games
>>
File: 1437608173979.jpg (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1437608173979.jpg
404KB, 1920x1080px
Depends on what game you're playing. The genre I've played the most are MMO games, which are defined by having a very low skill ceiling. In this case, most of your potential comes from having high level + high quality items. If you manage to git gud, you are able to slay players that are higher level and/or better geared and/or playing a more meta class than you. The sensation you get from wiping the floor with a player that should be objectively better than you is intoxicating.

Of course, this varies from genre to genre. Gitting gud means very different things depending on who you ask.
>>
>>382408645
To beat the game you're playing? Maybe to beat difficult challenges in said game? Maybe not sit there whining you can't beat something you because suck ass? Many reasons.
>>
why do i even exist
>>
>>382408645
stop using that non-masculine emoji
>>
>>382408645
Absolutely none whatsoever when you realize that video-games are an absolute waste of your time.

>j-j-just like reading or watching television !

I agree, TV is a waste of time. Reading, on the other hand, isn't a waste of time depending on the book, besides it makes your brain and your imagination working way more than it would work in front of a video-game.

tl;dr : video-games is a waste of time and there's no point in gitting gud outside of wasting even more time to "impress" your 14 years old peers
>>
>>382408645
Distracting yourself from the endless rush towards oblivion just a bit longer
>>
>>382410260
this is true but you don't have to be so salty about it you lil shit
It's alright if you suck at games
>>
>Get good
>Immediately get bored with the game
Play for fun > Play to win
>>
>>382410190
#litty
>>
>>382408645
So that you can then start having fun
>>
>>382410489
I almost came to the full image of this pic
>>
>>382410994
>game is only good when you get to 100 hours and then the real games begins
fuck that shit. I play video games to have fun right now
>>
>>382411086
what was it
>>
File: 1462186447184.png (428KB, 540x501px) Image search: [Google]
1462186447184.png
428KB, 540x501px
>>382411123
>fun right away
>>
>>382411286
A lewd version of OP's pic
>>
>>382411290
literally why play video games to "grind" instead of having fun
>>
>>382408645
Depends on the game.

For a souls game its the achievement you get from figuring out the mechanics and encounters , even if though trial and error. For an mmo it's about teamwork with your guild and progressing. For an FPS it's all about score. For an RPG it's generally about becoming unstoppable and being able to easily kill foes you thought were impossible or extremely hard. For /v/ it's about maximum (You)s at any cost, and if you don't reply to this post with "Praise Todd!!!" your entire family will die, your entire physical library will be stolen and your digital library will be repossessed by the Jews.
>>
For me, gitting gud means getting a paycheck. I stream reeg of regends with a smaller team, and we won a lot of our college matches, now we're looking to enter the pro circuit. So, we're all training and playing 16-18 hours a day. the actual korean schedule, with a proper korean manager. It's pretty fascinating, we beat a bunch of B teams and backup rosters already, it's pretty cool. I notice that since we mostly play together our coordination is significantly better than big teams who just stream solo play most of the day and only practice like a week before a big tournament.

Guess we'll see in a few weeks though when our first actual proper match happens.
>>
>>382408645
There is no person who truly derives satisfaction from stagnation.
>>
>>382408645
To use your learned skills/tactics to overcome the games challenge.
>>
File: 1495340761570.jpg (104KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495340761570.jpg
104KB, 270x400px
I have a lot more fun on games I'm good at than games I'm terrible at.
>>
>>382412534
generally, beating your friends.
>>
>>382408645
>what is the actual point of gitting gud

to be able to get to a point where you don't have to rely on shit tactics and lag to win. to get to a point when you can finally play at your best without worrying about bothersome crap. to be able to play against other professionals and learn from them as they would from you.

Basically the point of getting good is to be able to challenge yourself without placing an exorbitant amount of pressure on yourself. For many people the challenge is why they started, and after a while it's the only thing that sustains.
>>
>>382410260
If books are good for working your imagination, why aren't video games good for working your logic, coordination, reflexes, etc, (depending on genre)?
>>
>>382408645
it feels good beating scrubs
>>
>>382411481
I'm not a braindead casual who needs everything handed to me
>>
>>382414182
you didn't answer his question
>>
>>382414182
>i use video games as an escapism
>>
>>382414464
You contributed nothing, the only thing I got from your post is that you have trouble reading
>>382414571
and you are jumping to conclusions because the idea that I don't need somebody patting me on the back and telling me I'm having fun is so foreign to you.
>>
>>382414814
You seem incapable of answering his question again.
>literally why play video games to "grind" instead of having fun?
>>
>>382408645
So you can make PVP videos on YouTube and have people stroke your ego over something meaningless.
>>
Some days ago i beat a guy in a fighting game from /v/ which i don't even play (i am good in 3s tho) and it felt amazing
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.