[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Is Ark good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1880.png (209KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1880.png
209KB, 460x215px
Is Ark good?
>>
>>382407243
Only if you think Rust is good.
>>
Meh, is fun at first but when you get stronger and you don't need to survive it gets boring.
>>
>>382407243
It runs like shit. Most poorly optimised game in existence.
>>
if you have a few people to play with then its fun. Good? maybe, its a frustrating, buggy mess with a god awful community but again, if you have a decent amount of friends to play with then it can be a fucking blast.
>>
It's probably one of the worst crafting MMOs because it's going to be "just a beta" forever. They're focusing on console versions, DLC maps, and DLC dinosaurs and shit instead of making the game run for people who don't have super computers. And then once you start playing the game it takes literally all your free time to gather resources and tame dinosaurs (for actual days) and if you stop playing for even a single day you're back at ground zero.
>>
>>382407243
If you enjoy constantly patching your game more than you play it then Ark is your game.
>>
>>382407243
If you are a fellow wagecuck, you may understand the feeling where you're at work but every once in awhile you're given a task that is at least moderately entertaining and you may even find yourself having fun for a few moments, but that eventually ends, often relatively quickly, and you have to go back to working. That is what 80% of playing Ark is like.

The other 20% of Ark is being brutally fucked in the ass by bugs, patches, chinamen, or the occasional unfortunate series of events.
>>
>>382407243
Too unbalanced for PvP, imo. I hate that the game devolves into an offline raiding war where tribes attack each other while enemy players can't mount a defense. There's a ton of other, more minor flaws that can contribute to the game's problems, but this is the central issue that will almost certainly never be addressed.

Because of that, you're limited to playing on private servers that can enforce limited PvP (Never good because admins suffer from biases, usually), playing PvE only (Which eventually breaks down to players griefing each other by blocking resource spawns and such), or playing a private or LAN session with some friends (Gets tedious or old quick, you can change up the rates which you gather and tame, but that just means you'll speed to endgame and get bored faster because the only other limiter is players past a certain point). Environmental challenges can be difficult early on, but as you level, only bosses and the largest of dino remain a real threat.

If you play PvE, the building aspect becomes irrelevant as dinos won't bother stone and metal fortifications, meaning a small box is sufficient for survival sort of like the 2x2 dirt hut from Minecraft, so that's another facet of the game rendered useless. One of the oft harped on things, taming times, didn't actually bother me since you can reduce it greatly on official servers by crafting kibble or just increase the taming speed on a private server.
>>
>>382408860
On top of the issues with PvP, there's also server hopping guilds that will send a handful of players to establish a small base on several servers (So like 3-4 man groups playing on maybe 15 different servers), then fill the other 70 slots at a later date with level 1 characters, capping out the server population and preventing people from joining, and then go around destroying everything everyone else built and tamed on a server. I don't know if they're still a thing, but the SA goons did it to the server I was on a couple of times and there was no real way to fight back since you don't know when they're coming and they can choke most servers if they attempt to counter attack anyway. I hear the Chinese were far, far worse about this though due to the higher manpower.
>>
>>382409201
It's worse now because server transferring is so easy.
Now the official servers are all a battleground for a handful of really large zerg tribes.
>>
>>382407243
Nah. looks good but it is not! get: Rust, Connan Exiles, unknow battleground or Dayz if you want to play a survival
>>
>>382407243
No.
The game is designed around tedious as fuck mechanics. All the crafting recipes are bloated and require far too many resources, it's runs like ass and that probably will never change, the Engram system is clunky as hell (prerequisite chains mean you can't just grab the one thing you want to make, you need the entire chain of prereques), taming mechanic is asinine, and everything comes down to levels and rarely skill.
>>
Honestly, I've dump quite a bit of hours into the game. The community is half and half, depending on the server. I've actually made a chunk of friends just dicking around with other random tribes on servers. Never play official, it's literally a second job with the tame rates. Find a private server with some resonable rates, and bring a couple friends along. If not, the fun won't really happen until you make a friend or two with a tribe on the server. Honestly, it isn't hard to get on bigger tribes good side if you just do all chat.

Though, if you're deciding to get it or not, the biggest thing I could help you with is what server type to play. And honestly, I've never had as much fun on a PvPvE whitelist RP server. Offline raiding is never a thing, you have to go to war with the other tribe to attack, the community is leagues better, and you don't have to worry about server clogging or the Chinese.

It isn't the most balanced game, but fuck can it be fun
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.