[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled /v/, was it a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: 2943445-maxresdefault.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2943445-maxresdefault.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
So now that the dust has settled /v/, was it a good game?
>>
I liked it, it sucked the final boss was a quick time event though
>>
>dead island with none of the charm

Nah
>>
It's one of those guilty pleasure games that only a select few of the population could possibly enjoy, same as dead island. Because it is dead island
>>
>>382399814

i fucking loved it
>>
>>382399814
It's good for one playthrough. Playing through it with all that postprocessing garbage made me nauseous, never again. Turned all of that shit off with mods, and it's an ugly-ass game.
>>
It's just dead island with cancerous far cry mechanics
>ubisoft towers
>shitty weapon progression
>tape a battery on a stick crafting
>ebin parkour
>the most forgettable protagonist in a long, long time
>shitty AI
>casul radar map that ruins what might have been an interesting feature (night)
>absolutely atrocious gunplay and boring melee combat (especially evident against human enemies)
>shitty dubstep faux synth that sounds like it was ripped from youtube
I could go on, but I won't because I've already wasted too much time on this casual piece of shit game
>>
Anyone who thinks this game isn't awesome is objectively stupid and faggy.

Shit was dope.
>>
I typed up a brief post but it turns out OP is talking about Dying Light not Dead Light... Amazing how those titles can coexist yet shit like Scrolls gets sued because of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fortress Fallout with Fallout 4. There's another, much worse example that I can't remember. Awful.
>>
>>382400317
Agreed you are indeed casual
>>
>>382400309
>Turned all of that shit off with mods

But there are literally menu options to turn it off.
>>
>>382400384
go back to >reddit you stupid fucking faggot
>shit was DOPE bro
kill yourself
>>
>>382399959
>dead island
>charm
>>
>>382400496

You're not very dope, bro. Calm down.
>>
A zombie game where the zombies are basically scenery that you smash with zero possible threat to yourself is fucking boring

There's no point to parkour when daytime has nothing to run from, the game should've been a dangerous platforming act to get from point A to point B
>>
>>382399814
The fighting feels so weak in this game, I just can't get into it. It's like you're playing with a wimp using rubber sticks, no matter how much you level up or what weapon you have
>>
>>382400616
>plays on babby difficulty
>"waaa its too easy"
>>
>>382400706
If anything it's realistic. How many times would you have to hit someone in the head with a bat before they would die. My guess is easily 10+ times assuming your a normal guy and not Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>>
>>382400493
Not completely. With mods you can disable the awful effect when you use the medkit, sprint, get damaged, etc.
>>
>>382400859
maybe if you had fucking toothpicks for arms, I can guarantee you that I could kill you in no more than three
>>
>>382400859
>How many times would you have to hit someone in the head with a bat before they would die.

If it's with a weapon, one on average. I used to read a lot about serial killers. In the confessions many of them talk about how they were surprised by a single hit to the head instantly killing the person. One dude describes how he accidentally killed TWO people by trying to knock them out with the butt of a maglite and it accidentally just killed them instead.
>>
>>382400953
Which is what happens in Dying Light. Really made me think.

And 3 good solid hits with firm footing and using all your strength. Not 3 hits right after you got done parkouring on rooftops and constantly bobbing and weaving around zombies trying to get a solid swing in. But I'm sure you would still get it in 3 champ, everyones a tough guy on the internet.
>>
>>382399959
>>382399999

>Dead island charm

what the buggy and shitty animations?

>>382400859

one good hit with a baseball bat is all it would take to split someone's head open 10 is way excessive.
>>
Dying light single handedly BTFO the Dead Island series so badly that they can't even release Dead Island 2 because it pales in comparison.
>>
>>382401043
>>382401195
and the game gives you an option to hold down RT and get a good swing in to kill them in one blow. But all the fags complaining about the game are bitching about how their normal swings while running around don't immediately kill everything in their path. There's plenty of other zombie games if you want that arcadie shit.
>>
>>382399814
8.5/10

Great game, loved the gameplay and the clever side missions that were uniquely writte even amongst other games of it's type.
>>
File: 1496211804226.gif (543KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496211804226.gif
543KB, 480x480px
Good gameplay, shitty story. It's fun and I enjoyed it, but the best part of the game was the sweet-spot before you went to the second area, before guns became common, before you became overpowered, zombies were still a threat, and you got to run after supply drops. It felt like an ACTUAL zombie game for once. It felt like you were surviving in a zombie-filled city. The game got less fun when you could zipline everywhere, had big stupid swords and guns, and ran like Sanic across the rooftops. Beating a zombie to death until your last table leg broke only to barely scamper over a wall to safety is the best.
>>
File: 1498274784608.jpg (162KB, 879x670px) Image search: [Google]
1498274784608.jpg
162KB, 879x670px
>>382399814
Uninteresting fetch quests, unique but uninteresting world, uninteresting story and characters, the whole 'Ubisoft open world game' deal. Really, It's pretty much FarCry 3 with shittier gunplay, far more retarded enemies, and a cool parkour system.

By far my biggest gripe was the reverse difficulty curve. You'll have to slam a regular zombies face in for a solid minute in the early parts of the game until you get a few power ups going, then you'll be chopping through them like it's nothing. They start introducing a few special infected but they too become incredibly easy far too quickly.

I still ended up putting over a 200 hours into it though. "roleplaying" as a parkour god and jumping around the favelas was extremely fun while the fun lasted.

It's okay/10
Don't pay more than 20 dollars for it.
>>
>>382401824

Volatiles and even regular zombies will rape your face on higher difficulties.

Doubly so in The Following. So many more zombies and the volatiles are a lot stronger.
>>
>>382401824
>this autism

Why on Earth would you put +200 hours into a game you rate okay/10? How do you have this much time to waste? What is your day job?
>>
>>382401824
> I spent 200 hours in it!
>It wasn't a good game
I don't get autists like you. You waste 200 in the game, but you didn't genuinely enjoy it. You act as if playing it was a chore, and as if you couldn't just put the fucking controller down.You're a fucking moron. Don't even bother writing reviews for games because you're fucking terrible at it. You sound like one of those faggots that write reviews for IGN. Utter garbage.
>>
>>382402049
Yeah until you get some skills and weapons. It becomes a breeze during late game even on the hard mode. Early game is really hard and nights are indeed super tense but soon you can reliably take down volatiles once you know what you are doing and have good gear.
>>
>>382399814
Like Dead Island if it was good. Vs. Nighthunter mode is also very underrated. So fucking tense one on one, and with a group of friends, shit gets so hectic.
>>
>>382399814
It was better than good. I started a new game on hard the other day and I was surprised to learn that hard mode makes it feel like a completely different game. It's more like a survival mode or something.
>>
>>382402415

I think you need to try NG+ Nightmare.

You need to be heavily invested in the Legend tree before you feel at all powerful again in that mode.
>>
>>382402049
Volatiles were introduced quickly and extremely effectively but they tapered far too quickly as well. I was expecting them to "evolved" or something midway through the game to keep the pressure up but they never did, sadly.

Never played the DLC so I can't really comment on it.

>>382402256
>Why on Earth would you put +200 hours into a game you rate okay/10?
>>this autism

You answered you own question. The Parkour system was incredibly unique and I had a blast making up little stories in my mind.

>>382402279
>You waste 200 in the game, but you didn't genuinely enjoy it.
I did enjoy it though. I just don't think that it was a particularly great game if you try to look at it objectively. By no means was it bad, but not great either.
>>
>not wearing the ninja outfit and exclusively going out during night time, avoiding daylight
>not stalking the volatiles, waiting for them to follow your carefully laid scent trail
>not dropping on the 'hunter' from above, slaying it with a swift downward stroke with a sword
>not infiltrating the Volatile nests and destroying their spawning grounds
>not being the hero the city needs

dying light was an amazing game.
>>
It's what Dead Island should have been. Whether that's good or bad is up to the player.
>>
>>382402771
How broken and jaded are you that you put over 200 hours in a game and pretend you didn't particularly like it?
>>
>>382402771
You never answered me. What is your day job or are you unironically a parasitic drain on society spending days on end playing okay/10 games while contributing nothing whatsoever back to those who provide taxes to pay for you.
>>
>>382401824

>You'll have to slam a regular zombies face in for a solid minute in the early parts of the game until you get a few power ups going, then you'll be chopping through them like it's nothing.

It's preferable to Dead Island where after a few hours you're suddenly required to beat on them for five minutes straight.
>>
>>382400859
Lmao get a load of this low test beta.

I'm not strong or big and I'm 100% certain I could kill a normal sized person with a bat to the head in like 3 swings.
>>
>>382400440

Is that the example with King trying to sue the makers of The Banner Saga because they believe they have exclusive rights to the word "Saga" (also they believe the same with "Candy", look it up.)
>>
vibrant tropical setting was what it was missing. fun game tho
>>
>>382402863
Not too jaded, I think. I did put most of that time into the aspects of the game I did enjoy (the parkour system) while completely ignoring everything else.

>>382402937
I help manage a website.

>>382402969
Never played Dead Island but yeah that sounds far worse.
>>
>>382402863
>>382402937
Can you aspies not handle someone not absolutely loving the game? Listen to yourselves.
>>
>>382403325
I can't handle all the wasted time people put into games. I see someone puting 200 hours into dying light the same way I see people putting 1000+ hours into WoW or dota.
>>
>>382403116
It's because companies are deathly afraid of losing their copyright, and the way the legal system is set up you basically forfeit it if you're not an absolute cunt about it all the time. Spitballing, but I figure the original intent was to make it impractical to try and defend generic crap like "apple," but the lawyers actually worked out a way to do it, the madmen. What I don't understand is how this has been a hot button issue for literal decades and still nothing's been done about it.

>inb4 le epic Jew conspiracies
>>
It's alright. I put 40 hours in. The controls are absolute ass and for me st least Crane always somehow found a way to clip through walls or he'd inexplicably jump off in some random direction. The story is boring as fuck. Weapon crafting is just lame, just give me a few different weapons to choose from with their own strengths/weaknesses and leave it at that, I don't want to constantly attach butane lighters to swords or other dumbass shit that doesn't even fit the tone of the rest of the game and feels like some shit you'd see in a comedy skit on YouTube.

Game was best at night before you get any equipment and it's just you scrambling in the dark with the UV light and some firecrackers running from mega zombies and then trying not to be seen.
>>
>>382403525

Less conspiracy and more that American trademark law is dumb as fuck.
>>
File: 1488363144509.jpg (29KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
1488363144509.jpg
29KB, 400x558px
>>382401775

This man knows the truth and speaks it well.

Ignore the story. We need more games like this. I'd take one that didn't even have a story.
>>
File: 1498287544438.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1498287544438.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
>>382399959
>None of the charm

Niqqa wut?
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (43KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
43KB, 640x496px
>>382400616

>He Doesn't play on Nightmare difficulty
>>
>>382400859
That would be swell if there weren't many of them. Realism is not acceptable at the price of gameplay and fun
>>
File: ivan pls.png (56KB, 166x186px) Image search: [Google]
ivan pls.png
56KB, 166x186px
>>382399959
alternatively

>Dead Island but with charm
>>
>>382403507
time you enjoy isn't wasted time

anyone who says they spent 200 hours doing something they didn't enjoy that was neither paid nor mandatory is lying
>>
>>382399959
consider me baited

dead island was fucking terrible, dying light is fun
>>
File: i beg of you, fuck my shit up.png (119KB, 291x296px) Image search: [Google]
i beg of you, fuck my shit up.png
119KB, 291x296px
>>382400317
>any tall structure is now a "ubisoft tower" regardless of purpose
>>
>>382399814
uh yeah... it always was bro. I dont remember anyone hating it.
>>
>>382409956
>Climb up the same looking tower to get a view of the land/check point so you can dive down into the safe pile of shit at the bottom
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.