[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite/worst Pikmin game and species? And why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

Favorite/worst Pikmin game and species? And why?
>>
Pikmin 1 for atmosphere
Pikmin 2 for actual challenge
Pikmin 3 for story

also blues are the best
>>
File: borb.jpg (147KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
borb.jpg
147KB, 800x800px
>>382399181
I love all 3 pikmin games. I think pikmin 3 was the best game gameplay wise (I picked it up when it had stylus controls which were 10/10) but I have more nostalgia for 1 and 2, I remember 1 being too hard and stressful I had to watch my older brother play most of it.

Yellow pikmin is my favourite of the original flavours, and pinks are my favourite of the extras, although I do love the texture and detail they gave to rock pikmin.
>>
>>382399181
1 for atmosphere
2 for challenge
3 for story
>>
First for atmosphere
Second for challenge
Third for story
>>
>>382399181
why aren't the purples and whites allowed anymore /v/

what does Nintendo have against them?
>>
>>382400914
Aren't they in challenge mode in 3?
>>
>>382399181
Pikmin 1 because it was the game I grew up with. I probably had the most fun play that game over and over again.
>>
Pikmin 2 is my overall favorite

3 is my least favorite. It was a good game in its own right but I was a bit disappointed after waiting 9 years for it.

Favorite species is Yellow
>>
>>382401072
yeah but they're excised completely from the story mode. And I'm not even sure if they're in the 2d one at all
>>
>>382399181
Purples are best because I can use them to shit on Cloud-faggots in Smash. Best game is the first gone.
>>
>>382399608
>when it had stylus controls
w-were they patched out or something?
>>
>>382399608
The Stylus controls are fucking baller, I wouldn't mind re-releases of 1 and 2 just to add them.
>>
Game: 1
Species: Red
>>
>>382399181

i cant help but think they look like candy in this image god they look tasty
>>
>>382399181
like the first the most. Areas never felt samey or like a chore and the gameplay drove the story.

Never got the real ending of 2 and never beat 3 either, but played an obnoxious amount of the co-op challenges to the point where I don't think I'll be beating the story anytime soon.

guess the negatives about the later games would be caves kinda felt too long and I never really liked their aesthetics. Pikmin 3's time limit thing seemed to only exist as a throwback to the first game and doesnt really affect anything since you get so much juice that you will never get close to running out of time. I never actually beat it though so I guess I can't really complain too much about that
>>
>>382399181
Only played one
Best Pikmin from that was Blue because I could drag them into water. Yellow was the cutest, although that rock pikmin in the OP is adorable.
>>
>>382402067
2 player in pikmin 2 was dope, battle mode was fun as hell too
>>
>>382401908
wtf dude.....
>>
>>382401908
they're probably like really juicy carrots
>>
>>382403520
juicy>>382403520
slurp
>>
>>382401908
calm the fuck down Louie
>>
>>382399181
Atmosphere: 1
Challenge: 2
Story: 3

Reds were best, fucking up bulb-orbs and afraiding of nothing.
>>
Overlord
>>
>>382399181
Ugliest: Pink
Overpowered: Purple
Got too many of: Blue
Got too little of: Yellow
Useful: Red
Why?: Rock
>>
>>382404025
Whadda bout whites?
>>
>>382404110
oh yea
Forgettable: White
>>
>>382401594
They were patched in some time after launch, I just meant to say I didn't play the game at launch so I only experienced stylus controls
>>
>>382404272
FUCK THERE'S STYLUS CONTROLS?

I KNOW WHAT I'M FINALLY FUCKING PLAYING NOW
>>
>>382399181
Rock Pikmin annoy me because there's no explanation to them and why you haven't seen them until now (I guess the same applies to flying ones). Purple and White are excused by being subterranean

They're found inside the Medusal Slurker which I figured would have suggested that Pikmin that are captured by a slurker are eventually petrified and turned into rock pikmin, but, nah.
>>
>>382399542
I love 2 to death but 1 provides more of a challenge unless you don't abuse purples
>>
>>382401594
Patched in like 7 months after launch. I was lucky and played in a week after it got patched in. Was pretty awesome. Seriously felt like the only game which actually used the game pad well without it feeling like a tacked on gimmick or a QoL menu screen.
>>
>>382404472
the real abuse is being able to replay cave sections without consequence
>>
File: hey_pikmin_amiibo.jpg (228KB, 830x380px) Image search: [Google]
hey_pikmin_amiibo.jpg
228KB, 830x380px
I was pretty young when I played the first two so I don't remember, were they are as easy as Pikmin 3? I love how it plays with the three captains, but it was so easy.

Also, what are predictions for Hey! Pikmin? The videos look pretty fun but it looks like
another butchering like Zip Lash and Yoshi's New Island. Arzest have also never made a good game, but if there's a saving grace it's that Miyamoto seems to love Pikmin.
>>
>>382404448

Pikmin 3 is on a new planet.
>>
>>382404756
Miyamoto was also a special advisor for Yoshi's New Island.

When it was announced, I didn't have a ton of hope for Hey! Pikmin? but I was still pretty optimistic and was more than willing to give it a shot.

When Arzest got tagged to be the dev, I pretty much gave up all hope but decided that I'd still mark the release date and at least look up reviews just in case.

When the new trailer came out today, I decided that it's beyond saving and have given up on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHGTVVLmxBI

It's just like you said, it's like YNI or C:ZL, but it looks like an even shittier platformer.

And honestly, I don't think Arzest are terrible level designers, they actually do an ok job every so often. But holy fuck they do NOT know how to make movement fun, and Hey! Pikmin looks just as bad as their previous stuff regarding movement and character flow. And when movement sucks in a platformer, it's practically dead.
>>
>>382405064
lol no its not
>>
>>382405205
Someone didn't play the DLC.
>>
>>382405246
it's earth in the future
>>
>>382405153

Miyamoto doesn't care about Yoshi.
>>
>>382405812
You can't honestly have watched the gameplay videos or the trailer and think that moving Olimar around in that platform game actually looks fun.
>>
>>382405869

Looks alright, tbqh pham.
>>
What would you pick.
A bulborb for 100$ or 100 pikmin each $1
>>
File: Waterwraith_-_Valley_of_Repose.jpg (13KB, 367x340px) Image search: [Google]
Waterwraith_-_Valley_of_Repose.jpg
13KB, 367x340px
>>382399181
>Pikmin 1 for challenge
>Pikmin 2 for Pikopedia
>Pikmin 3 for characters
>Favorite Pikmin: Red
>Worst hard to say each brings something useful
>Favorite species Bulbmin
>Worst species Waterwraith
>>
>>382404756
The only thing I am looking forward to in Hey! Pikmin is the fact that it apparently has a Piklopedia and Treasure Hoard equivalent
>>
>>382401429
Doesn't some footage of the onion in Hey Pikmin show white and purple coloration?
>>
The fact that they merged the fucking Onions still pisses me off
>>
>>382409751
Petty complaint, honestly. There is absolutely no gameplay benefit to keeping the onions separate, especially considering they're still found separately and only merged once they would have otherwise just been placed right beside one another anyway. It makes more sense for Pikmin to live and be born from something organic looking, also.
>>
File: IMG_2610.png (78KB, 270x415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2610.png
78KB, 270x415px
Favorite game: Pikmin 2
Favorite Species: rock, purple and winged. Can't choose between the two.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (8KB, 243x213px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
8KB, 243x213px
>>382399181
bulbmin best
>>
>>382409984
It completely ruins the aesthetic. You're no longer taming wild creatures, you're collecting pokemon to put in your computer.
>>
>>382409984

fuck u pikmin all deserve their own home
>>
File: IMG_2331.jpg (520KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2331.jpg
520KB, 1920x1080px
I hope caves come back in pikmin 4, but are more themed and not randomly generated.
>>
>>382410310
How stupid, you put them in the same shit before except there were three instead of one, and the onions looked like wind-up toys despite occurring a nature and housing and birthing living beings.
>>
Finished 2 a week ago and I am playing through 3 now. 2 is still my favorite. 3 is okay for what it is, but it feels a bit too easy. The loss of the old swarm ability from 1 and 2 is annoying and not being able to zoom the camera out and top down is frustrating. It is very pretty, though. Have high hopes 4 will look even better on Switch.
>>
Haven't played Pikmin 1 yet, but I can safely say that Pikmin 2 is my favorite. Pikmin 3 is still pretty great though.

White pikmins were always my favorite, but mostly just because I like their design.

>>382401072
But the Purple pikmin were nerfed pretty badly.
>>
>>382410914
I haven't played with purple pikmin in 3's challenge mode, but purple pikmin deserved to be nerfed.
>>
>>382405064
Dude no.
>>
>>382399181
Favorite:
2: the most gameplay content. Made a puzzle/fight for every kind of situation. Also, the piklopedia was sweet
purples: I like the feeling of obliterating things 20 times my size by stunlocking them. I'm completely aware they are OP as shit and it was a good thing they got nerfed out of existence, but I loved them nonetheless
Least fav:
pikmin 3: collecting fruit doesnt have the same appeal as treasure or ship parts. The game was too short and the fights were gimmicky at best, instead of a test of your skill and dexterity with the controls.
blues: you are always required to have more of them than any other pikmin for the least variety of uses. Every other pikmin has at least 2 things they can do but blues are just... there... and you need so many of them since the submerged items always need like 20-30 to carry
>>
>>382404756
pikmin has always been a pretty easy series but only when you can live down the death of a fallen comrade
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.