[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT /v/ meme games you fell for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

ITT /v/ meme games you fell for
>>
If you have the heart to get over the faces and the terrible story, you find a huge world to explore and unique enemies that require strategy amongst your community squad to overcome.
>>
>>382396363
Fuck you it was a great open world game. Sure the story was pretty lackluster, but everything else was great
>>
>>382397830
>>382398141
The world is just a bunch of set pieces and I find every character in the game obnoxious as hell
>>
What is a meme game, op?
>>
File: 1407195011155.jpg (101KB, 741x720px) Image search: [Google]
1407195011155.jpg
101KB, 741x720px
>>382396363
I fell for it all right, I loved it so much.
>>
File: IMG_2183.jpg (72KB, 736x968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2183.jpg
72KB, 736x968px
>>382397830
I'm a little new to the JRPG party, but I've been around the block a couple of times to say XBX ranks pretty up there for me. XBC still blows it out of the fucking water in terms of story, music, voice acting, and I prefer Mechonis just a teensy bit more, but I dug the galactic setting and the idea of different alien races under one roof, kinda felt like a more constrained, yet less restrictive version of Rogue Galaxy, weird as it sounds. Ending didn't get to me, but the total assload of character building and world building in BLADE that preceeded it made me happy, and I try to give it an annual playthrough so I can keep digging it over and over again.
Also Hope is best girl and they should've done more with her and Doug, the heavily implied attraction there was just way too cute not to go anywhere.
>>
>>382398518
>the total assload of character building
lol
>>
File: IMG_2184.png (1MB, 1280x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2184.png
1MB, 1280x637px
>>382398602
Hey man, that's what I was getting from it, I could probably quote lines verbatim from the party quests and regular quests cause of how much I was digging them, they beat the hell out of XBC in its quest department for sure. Only other JRPG I've done so far where I've been totally invested in the characters is probably Tales of Berseria.
>>
>>382398330
A game I didn't like that a lot of other people liked
>>
>>382399049
There's no character building. Name ONE personality trait that Elma has.
You can't
>>
>>382399138
Stoic
>>
>>382399283
Lacking personality does not equal stoic
>>
>>382399541
You need to look at dictionary.
>>
>>382399138
>Elma
Fuck you, you had to bring up the hard one. I'll admit that Elma ate up a lot of the game and wasn't the most splendidly written character, that's one of the faults I have on the story, and I was really hoping for a sequel to try and salvage her.
When I think character building, I think a little more Phog and Frye, I liked their little character arc going on, especially when Phog mans up in the semi-final event, and overall I thought the "fueding brothers" thing worked out pretty well. Unfortunately, unless you actively seek out the missions, you'll tend to miss them, and that sucks; happened to me on my first playthrough with a few characters while I was trying to motorboat the story and avoid spoilers.
>>
I enjoyed the time I spent with XCX, for the most part. Put upwards to 200 hours in it. The ending sucked though and I remember what I dislike about it more than what I like about it. Probably won't go back
>>
>>382399825
I actually like Phog and Frye but one of my biggest complaints is that if you want to do everything then you're going to be overleveled for most of the game due to the sheer amount of content and the very low level cap.
And the game just doesn't offer enough variety to warrant a second playthrough
>>
Game was boring. The setting and characters were dull.
>>
>>382400086
I rarely ever hit level caps in RPGs because I don't grind unless I have to and most of them end before you reach it. I reached the cap in XCX quite a bit before the end
>>
>>382396363
I'm glad I fell for the Xenoblade meme, best RPG series I've played in years, thanks /v/
>>
>>382399138
Se would make a great mother I don't give a shit if she not human, I would still tap that and knock her up
>>
>>382400718
Independent woman who don't need no man tend to make very poor mothers.
>>
>>382396363
Every single western game.
>>
File: Whack-a-Simius.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Whack-a-Simius.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>382396363

Meh, I enjoyed it.
>>
>>382401013
The requirements for crafting superweapons are such bullshit
>>
>>382401073
I never messed with superweapons, but I know Skell shit was locked behind the online component. I wish devs would stop shoehorning in online shit into every god damn JRPG these days
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.