[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vidya and Escapism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: escapism.png (753KB, 600x1405px) Image search: [Google]
escapism.png
753KB, 600x1405px
>tfw you realize a childhood full of vidya and nothing else has left you an emotional cripple
>tfw you can no longer feel that sensation of innocent childlike glee as you immerse yourself in game after game, without a care in the world
>tfw you still play vidya because it's all you have, but it's just not the same as it was
>tfw you know you're just digging yourself in deeper and deeper by ignoring real-life problems, but it feels like you're past the point of no return so you change nothing
>>
File: dream.jpg (76KB, 331x445px) Image search: [Google]
dream.jpg
76KB, 331x445px
That not the kind of thing you want to read at 4am asshole
>>
>>382393032
I can still get those feelings, but that's mostly because I'm a casual
>>
>Full time job, plenty of dosh, happy, tons of time for vidya on weekends

You're the problem, not video games.
>>
>>382393032
>tfw you realize ff tactics is not on the PC and you have just been staring at your fat crying reflection on the black screen.
>>
It's never too late to start living anon
>>
File: ranes looking good.jpg (162KB, 592x800px) Image search: [Google]
ranes looking good.jpg
162KB, 592x800px
>tfw you finally realized that you're growing older each day
>tfw 2010 was 7 years ago
>tfw 2007 was 10 years ago
>tfw you've been here for 11 years
>average poster is getting younger and younger
>slowly realizing that you will soon be one of the old faggots you used to make fun of
>slowly but surely realizing you can't spend the rest of your life playing video games
>slowly but surely realizing that you've wasted your life being a NEET these past 5 years
>>
Putting vidya in the OP doesn't make it video games related.
>>
>>382393032
You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
>>
>>382393032

I don't know this feel.
>>
>>382393508
>tfw you forget emulators exist
>>
>>382393616
*unsheaths katana*
>>
File: 1436481386870.jpg (43KB, 560x303px) Image search: [Google]
1436481386870.jpg
43KB, 560x303px
>>382393032
>life gets more and more challenging every year
>constant increase in responsibilities
>just want to play Vidya but barely have any time to invest in new games
>end up playing the same games over and over despite an increasing backlog
>get a job anon
>get a girlfriend anon
>get married anon
>get a house anon
>get a life anon
>>
>>382393528
its not a wasted life if life isnt worth living
>>
>>382393032
Why do we fall, brother anon?
>>
>>382393032
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gah8FnYSypk

Is it?
>>
I don't know about you fags, but I saw it coming ever since I was a kid. I knew I was going to end up alone and bitter and feeling worthless. And, you know what? It hasn't made it any easier.
>>
>>382394514
I guess, I manage to not think about it most of the time though, it's like i'm comfortable with the situation until something happens and I remember
>>
>>382393032
I am like this but I want to change. How
>>
>>382394894
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
File: jordan peterson.png (162KB, 271x274px) Image search: [Google]
jordan peterson.png
162KB, 271x274px
>>382394894
>>
>>382395390
can you give me the rundown on this guy?
>>
>>382395826
A lot of good points wrapped in the mind of a man blinded by his flaws as a romantic.
>>
>>382393032
I used to be like this. Thankfully I turned it around before I got too old. My advice is find something you are interested in and go to a trade school. When you find a career you like. Now I have a job i love. Pussy on the reg. And still love vidya
>>
>>382395984
ORIENT YOURSELF

WHAT GOAL WHAT JUSTIFY THE SUFFERING OF YOUR LIFE

i like him, thanks
>>
>>382393032
I can't even play video games anymore. I can't enjoy them as a NEET unless I've spent at least 9 months working like a dog and avoiding them.
>>
>>382393825
You gotta stop caring so much about external validation. You can't self actualize if you let the world rule your life to that degree. Like, sure you've gotta work so you don't starve and shit, but why do you care beyond that? You need some time in isolation to internalize who you really are and find motivation from within. You're never going to be happy trying to please the world.
>>
File: vgi6b1drcvny.png (310KB, 615x662px) Image search: [Google]
vgi6b1drcvny.png
310KB, 615x662px
>>382395826
He's a conservative Canadian psychologist that made a bunch of trannies at the University of Toronto butthurt when he refused to use their preferred pronouns.

He posts his lectures on Youtube. Common themes include Jungian archetypes, The Gulag Archipelago, the power of myth, and so on. A lot of 4chan likes him for his anti-PC views, but many find him a bit too pretentious. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>382393032

I also had a childhood full of vidya (and friends). Not an emotional cripple, but I sleep around maybe too much, and have issues with commitment.

Then again, I don't play vidya nearly as much as some years ago, because I'm really busy.
>>
>Had childhood full of vidya
>Play it almost constantly
>26 now
>Still retain that sense of wonder
>Still get invested in new games
>Still get decently excited for it
>Not afflicted by rampant cynicism
>Even working a decent job, still find time for riding my bike on the weekends and playing vidya into the night
>Actually pretty happy with myself
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.