[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>better than many 2D indies >universally shat on Why is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 40

File: art_03.jpg (721KB, 1920x1358px) Image search: [Google]
art_03.jpg
721KB, 1920x1358px
>better than many 2D indies
>universally shat on

Why is this
>>
>hyped to hell and back as a spiritual successor to Mega Man by one of the big minds behind Mega Man
>constant delays
>looks and feels like a cheap Mega Man knockoff
>"it's better than nothing"

I didn't care, but it meant a lot to a lot of people, and anything less than fanfuckingtastic was going to disappoint them.
>>
>>382390289
So basically, high expectations forces a mediocre game to be regarded as worse than inferior games? Doesn't seem very fair.
>>
>>382390074
ANIME FAN
N
I
M
E

F
A
N
>>
>>382390368

>high expectations forces a mediocre game to be regarded as worse than inferior games?

Yup. Kinda like how low expectations can force a mediocre game to be regarded as better than superior games (Shantae against just about any indie platformer released in the last several years).
>>
>>382390074
Because it's trash, anon-kun
>>
>>382390289
>>hyped to hell and back as a spiritual successor to Mega Man by one of the big minds behind Mega Man

Artist turned producer, who was producer for many shit games and good games in the series. Inafune did a lot for MM, but somewhere along the lines this myth that Inafune was responsible creating the series (he didn't), designing Mega Man and Roll (he didn't), and directed/designed the games (he didn't). The work of 40+ people over 20 years got condensed down to just Inafune. This led to wildly unrealistic expectations.
>>
>>382390074
it's objectively far worse in every single way than a game it was very clearly trying to emulate which was released in 1993 and is readily available. marketed like the ultimate return of a video game genre and ended up being trash.
>>
Technical issues
Shitty artstyle and presentation
>>
>>382390074
>>better than many 2D indies

Are we talking greenlight garbage? Sure, pretty much any functional game is better than that. But if you count real games? Nah, there's tons of games WAY better. Just a few:

>Shovel Knight
>Pharaoh Rebirth
>Rosenkreustilette 1/2
>Shantae Pirate's Curse + HGH
>Momodora Reverie
>La Mulana
>Cursed Castilla
>Rayman Origins/Legends
>Ducktales HD

That's all last 5 years, many of them with tiny budgets or are fan games and they blow MN9 out of the water.
>>
>>382390074
no body asked for a stupid anime adaptation or whatever, it didnt even realesed all the versions they promised, and it looks and plays like fucking shit.

but i guess superman 64 is also better than nothing.
>>
File: Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg (72KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg
72KB, 426x426px
>>382390074
So let me get this straight. Universally indie games are shittier so we should blow money on the "less shit" selection and not on the actual good games?
>>
File: ben judd.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ben judd.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
I wonder if OP is ben judd.
>>
>>382390074
The top of the shit heap doesn't deserve its own crown.
That's even entertaining the conceit that it is in fact, the top of the shit heap.
>>
Remember that Launch livestream /v/ crashed and called him a Con man? Well, turns out that the entire Comcept was watching the stream, including the chat. Do you think they understood any of it? They at least understood why Inafune was apologizing.

https://ameblo.jp/comcept/entry-12172975719.html
>>
>>382394165
I do feel kinda bad for Inafune. You were worshipped before from the ground up one day and then you're treated like shit. With that said, I wonder if even Comcept and Inti Creates were aware of how horrible MN9 was shaping up
>>
>>382394428
>With that said, I wonder if even Comcept and Inti Creates were aware of how horrible MN9 was shaping up

Well, the livestream was basically them explaining why the game was awful. They were dancing around how bad it was. Then at the end Inafune outright apologized and said it was okay to hate him.

Inafune: "You know, I want to word this in a way to explain some of the issues that come with trying to make a game of this size on multiple platforms." adding "I'm kind of loath to say this because it's going to sound like an excuse and I don't want to make any excuses. I own all the problems that came with this game and if you want to hurl insults at me, it's totally my fault. I'm the key creator. I will own that responsibility.

>Ben Judd "In this case, it was do the base game and do all the ports all at the same time. And it ended up being a huge amount of work, more than they actually estimated. Definitely, when they looked at the project, they were wrong about a lot of things. They underestimated how much work, time and money was going to be necessary. All of those things create a huge amount of pressure."

>Judd: “But, again, we can hope that if things go well, there'll be sequels. Because I'll tell you what, I'm not getting my 2D side-scrolling fill. And at the end of the day, even if it's not perfect, it's better than nothing. At least, that's my opinion."
>>
>>382391215

>That's all last 5 years

Rosenkreuzstilette is ten years old.
>>
>>382394614

Only released on steam a few months ago :P
>>
>>382390074
well it's a 3d indie, sooo...
>>
File: Bloodstained contrast.jpg (822KB, 2558x834px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodstained contrast.jpg
822KB, 2558x834px
Hoping this turns out better.
>>
>>382390074
>tries to get a quick infusion of cash with an extra campaign featuring Ray, a homicidal femZero with a fully playable campaign
>nobody wants that shit, it goes unfunded
>her campaign appears in the game regardless of backers' interest, making it obvious they had already made it before announcing the stretch goal
>oh, and that personality we said we were giving Call? Never mind

MN9's list of crimes isn't small, but the whole Ray thing bugs me the most.
>>
>>382391215
not to mention

>literally every other game by inticreates
>>
>>382394575
But for the team to flat out admit and acknowledge the fact that MN9 is janky on the launch of the game is honestly unheard of.

It's also weird that Comcept let Inti Creates use MN9 characters for Mighty Gunvolt Burst for free at that.
>>
>>382395050

I watched the whole thing. The other devs were clearly dancing around how bad the game looked and played. They weren't admitting it, but it looked rather bland.

>It's also weird that Comcept let Inti Creates use MN9 characters for Mighty Gunvolt Burst for free at that.

It means they were done with it. It's just a quick little side game by Inti, nothing too big.

Burst is what MN9 should have been: 3DS/Switch aimed. Burst needs a PC release too.
>>
File: o0400046713678486511[1].jpg (59KB, 400x467px) Image search: [Google]
o0400046713678486511[1].jpg
59KB, 400x467px
>>382395050
>But for the team to flat out admit and acknowledge the fact that MN9 is janky on the launch of the game is honestly unheard of.

Which is why they deleted the stream.

The team seems unfazed in this blog post. The resolution is too low to read the chat. This suggests they can't read English and didn't know it was wall to wall shit talking.

Judd made reference to the chat being rowdy, and Inafune mentioned insults, so it seems they both had been reading it. My god, if I had known the Japanese were watching the stream I would have translated more of my insults into Japanese! The only one we had was the one person who translated "Con Man" phoenetically into Japanese.
>>
File: 1495234159609[1].png (408KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1495234159609[1].png
408KB, 600x620px
Inafune normally has big smiles, but this is the first time he dropped it.

He must have known that his game was a turd and that Comcept was dead company walking.
>>
>>382390074
This game lost all chance of being accepted by the community when they hire a woman for a position completely unrelated to game development.
>>
>>382390368
>Doesn't seem very fair.
It's fair when you consider the game got four million dollars of crowdfunding BECAUSE it was advertised as a successor to Mega Man.

It deserves all the hate it gets.
>>
>>382395310
>Burst is what MN9 should have been: 3DS/Switch aimed. Burst needs a PC release too.
The original Mighty Gunvolt got a PC port, it'd be weird for burst not to. I dont think if 3DS/Switch aimed was the route MN9 was supposed to go in the first place, but that shit should have never been made with so many platforms in mind. They really should have paid attention to how shovel knight did it.

>>382395626
Comcept was DoA for the longest time until the Level 5 merger. Even then it just seems to be a mobile game that they're working on.

>>382395481
>This suggests they can't read English and didn't know it was wall to wall shit talking.
That makes it so much worse that most of the people working at Comcept didnt know how much hate they were getting.
>>
>>382395968
>That makes it so much worse that most of the people working at Comcept didnt know how much hate they were getting.

I have nothing against them. They're just artists and such. It's Inafune's and Judd who made the stupid decisions.
>>
At first Shantae was like...
>>
>>382390368
MN9 had every chance and opportunity to be better that it is, and Inafune fucking blew it.
It is absolutely fair to regard this game with contempt.
>>
File: K76df5G[1].jpg (140KB, 1000x976px) Image search: [Google]
K76df5G[1].jpg
140KB, 1000x976px
>>382396535

but then...
>>
>>382391215
Don't forget Kero Blaster
>>
>>382396156
What input did Inafune and Judd even have? Judd just seems to be Inafune's translator and Inafune himself just seemed to pimp the game out. Inti Creates were also the people in charge of developing it.
>>
>>382396605
Better avoid Yooka-Laylee too, kek.
>>
>>382396689

Judd is not just a translator, he's Inafune's agent.

>Ben Judd — Digital Development Management

>Ben Judd is a partner at DDM, the world’s largest video-game agency. During his years at Capcom, he created the internal localization division, voiced Phoenix Wright, and was the first foreign producer with Bionic Commando 3D and Bionic Commando Rearmed. As the head of the Japanese branch of DDM he has worked with many talented teams including Platinum Games, DIMPS, and From Software. After pulling together the key pieces on the Mighty Number 9 Kickstarter, he followed that success by partnering with Koji Igarashi to produce the Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Kickstarter campaign. Ben was the MC for the original Bit Summit and is extremely excited to get the chance to reprise that role for Bit Summit III.

He's a businessman. It's his job to close deals. Not sure if he specifically was the one who decided the team should use Unreal Engine, but he's the one who put together 2-player productions, Inti-creates, fan gamer, etc and put the kickstarter together. Then he repeated that with Iga's Bloodstained kickstarter.

He also made the deal with Kamiya and Microsoft for Scalebound.

All his deals seme to be superficially nice ideas but they have deep flaws.
>>
>>382390074
i think you meant to post 20xx anon.
Mighty no 9 is literal trash
>>
>>382396689
>and Inafune himself just seemed to pimp the game out.

Inafune was CEO of Comcept and created the project and storyline. It's his baby.

>Inti Creates were also the people in charge of developing it.

They made it, but within the specifications that Comcept put forth, such as Unreal Engine, fully 3D, ported to a million consoles, etc.
>>
>>382397076

You can see Judd as the wormtongue behind the throne, whispering tales of Kickstarters and leaving to start their own companies.

Interesting that Kamiya has resisted this advice.
>>
File: bloodstained.jpg (409KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bloodstained.jpg
409KB, 1024x768px
Do you guys think Bloodstained will be any good?
>>
>>382397129
but 20xx isnt better than many 2d indies
>>
>>382397419
no
>>
File: inafune has a big ego.jpg (1MB, 3840x1955px) Image search: [Google]
inafune has a big ego.jpg
1MB, 3840x1955px
Cagey Inafune's ego was his downfall.

Hubris.
>>
>>382397419
Could be. I'm not going to hang on updates though, I'm just waiting for the final product.
>>
File: smiling inafune.jpg (171KB, 400x403px) Image search: [Google]
smiling inafune.jpg
171KB, 400x403px
>>
Just play the infinitely better game.
>>
>>382398578

Something's off about it. It lacks that "Keiji Inafune Magic Touch".
>>
>>382397448
still a better mega man game than mighty no9
>>
>>382398578
How fucking long did it take them to make this game?

Like 4 months?

And it's SO MUCH better too.

What the FUCK was Inafune spending all that money on?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEYGZ7SFvbM
>>
>>382399046

Inti Creates had no idea how to use Unreal Engine 3. So now you have a bunch of people fucking around in an engine they don't know how to use. Then they have to make the game 10 times separately, at once, so it can port to all the systems they want to. on top of this they then have to add a bunch of useless features no one used like Online that are complex and difficult.
>>
>>382391215
MN9 is like on the level of Shantae and Rayman. They aren't way better than it, and no way some of those other games are better.
>>
>>382399256
Then why the fuck not just use one of the engines they already knew, like the Megaman Zero ones, or even the one they built Burst in?

Who's fucking choice was it to use an engine the dev team had no idea how to use?
>>
>>382399337
>They aren't way better than it,

At the very least they look like competent modern games.

MN9 on the other hand looks like some shitty uni project.
>>
>>382399474
>Then why the fuck not just use one of the engines they already knew, like the Megaman Zero ones, or even the one they built Burst in?

The idea was to have a 3D game so it could be an HD serious console game.

>Who's fucking choice was it to use an engine the dev team had no idea how to use?

Who knows. Probably Inafune or Judd came up with the idea. Maybe Inti, feared that they would lose the deal if they said something and just hoped for the best.

They had made the kickstarter BEFORE any actual work on the game was done. That's key. So they didn't know any of the issues they would come up with, and probably by the time they did realize them, it was too late to back down.
>>
>>382395481
Was the stream saved somewhere?
>>
It's hilarious how hyped up Inafune was even a few years ago. Note how it credits Inafune with a bunch of series he barely worked on or was just producer for.

>Keiji Inafune is considered by many to be one of the world's leading authorities on video game concept development and design. He has been named one of the top 10 game creators in the world by Gametrailers.com and has authored several books. Inafune was employed at CAPCOM for 23 years where he was the former Global Head of Production and Head of Research & Development and Head of the Online Development Division. Inafune's games generated large sales for CAPCOM over the years and included such blockbuster hit series as Mega Man, Resident Evil, Onimusha, Street Fighter, Lost Planet and Dead Rising. Inafune was directly involved in creating over 60 game titles in his career at CAPCOM and was in charge of over 900 employees. Inafune, after leaving CAPCOM, founded comcept Inc., a company dedicated to designing creative concepts. Inafune and comcept Inc. have an extensive network of the industry's top game designers, developers, artists, engineers and producers to collaborate with. Inafune is also a frequent guest lecturer at industry events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUL3_yJGyp4
>>
>>382399679
So everyone's at fault for being fantastically shitty.

I thought they had a demo before they did the kickstarter though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M
>>
>>382400069
>Was the stream saved somewhere?

I haven't seen it. There's only a few clips. Maybe they saved it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkidg3Kxx_A

>>382400226

That was made after the kickstarter. They really should have decided to just switch engines. Inti-Creates just did a few 3D games for the 3DS and that would have made more sense to use that engine, make it a 3D game and then port from there. KISS.
>>
>>382399501
Looks like a lot of Japanese games to me.
>>
>>382400457

Looks like a fucking student project. It's pathetic. Mobile games or handheld games look better.

It looks like some budget Mega Man knockoff from the Gamecube, ran through Dolphin. Not even a good looking Gamecube game, but a shit one.
>>
>>382400226
I thought it was made 7 days after the KS. The worst part though is that it looks only slightly worse than the base game. It's crazy how all parties involved managed to drop the ball with MN9 so hard that it not only ruined their images somewhat, but also the idea of crowdfunding in general.
>>
>>382400537
Somehow I doubt you even played the game. It doesn't look as bad as you make it sound.
>>
>>382400585

They dropped the ball because they had no proper demo BEFORE the kickstarter. They just had concept at. Then they ran into a huge list of problems into development but it was too late to change engines or make a different plan. And then the kickstarter pushed them to bite off more than they could chew with poorly thought out stretch goals and shit.
>>
>>382390074
Fuck off Conman
>>
File: Beck no neck.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Beck no neck.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>382400727

It just looks so fucking cheap.
>>
>>382391215
>>Rayman Origins/Legends
>Ducktales HD
Not indie
>>
>>382399337
>MN9 is like on the level of Shantae and Rayman. They aren't way better than it
You are objectively incorrect
>>
>>382390368
>doesn't seem fair
>a guy that boasts himself as the megaman creator will revive megaman to his former glory
Fuck you
>>
>>382398915
weak b8
>>
>>382399337
Someone never fucking played Rayman 2.
>>
>>382400810
So I was right.
>>
>>382390074
Internet sheeple
>>
>>382400895
Bullshit, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and Rayman Origins are just overrated on here. But don't take my word for it. Why don't you actually play MN9 and see for yourself?

>>382400958
We're talking about Rayman Origins.
>>
>>382400893

90% of Indie games are not indie. They have publishers.
>>
>>382401137
>Why don't you actually play MN9
I have you fucking moron. I don't make a habit of judging games I haven't played. MN9 is ass
>>
>>382390074
its shit
>>
>>382401137
>Origins
>nearly 6 year old game

Why? If you're comparing it to anything, it should be Legends, which is LEAGUES ahead of MN9.
>>
>>382401229
Then you're off your fucking rocker. There's no way in hell it's "way worse" than those games except maybe graphically.
>>
>>382390368

The are you even going on about? What inferior games are considered better? MM9 is absolute dogshit. The Artstyle is worse than pixel shit, The Bosses are terrible (especially the final boss) the level design is horrible and bland, the characters and story are completely uninteresting. What does MM9 actually have going for it, is there even a single thing it does well?
>>
>>382401151
No
Rayman is owned by fucking Ubisoft.
>>
Did everyone forget this auditory abortion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WYTtGo3u5I
>>
>>382401361
And I say again, you are objectively incorrect. MN9 is far worse than Pirate's Curse and Origins.
>>
>>382400737
The funniest part with MN9 is that now that they have money to deliver on stretchgoals, supposedly they got loads of shit from KS backers.

>>382401361
I got confused following the conversation, are you saying MN9 is no better or worse from games like Rayman and Shantae? MN9 suffers from more issues than just looking worse if thats what you mean, like Dash to Kill, chokepoints in every stage where you're stuck in one screen having to kill all enemies, and annoying boss fights with regenerating health.
>>
File: screenshot0013.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0013.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Inafune's ugly face, tryhard western fashion and hair anger me.
>>
>>382401440

>They were dangerous, they probably shot blacks

#Blacklivesmatter
>>
>>382401151
Having a publisher doesn't mean it's not indie.

Having a big dev team means it's not indie.

Indie originally stood for Individual Developer, and had nothing to do with publishing or distribution. So teams of one developer, or small teams in general are indie, regardless of the publisher.
>>
>>382401458
>objectively
Faggot. To be fair, I didn't finish Shantae, but I did finish Rayman Origins and it didn't impress me much. Nothing is wrong with it but nothing stuck out for me either, and overall it's like a husk of former 2D games. That's how I felt about what I played of Shantae and same with MN9.
>>
>>382401649

Indie game without a publisher. Publishers fund games.

90% of so called "indie" games are not indie.

Shantae: HGH is a crowd funded Indie game.

MN9 is not indie. They had a publisher, Deep Silver.

Bloodstained is nto indie. They have 505 Games.
>>
>>382401789
Did you not just read?

Indie means small dev team, it has nothing to do with publishing.

Previous Shantae's are indie's because they had dev teams of 2-3 people, the new one sure as fuck isn't cause they have ~12 devs.

Neither are MN9 or Bloodstained since one has two separate teams, and Bloodstained has about 13 people.
>>
>>382402060
>Indie means small dev team
Not that guy, but you're wrong. Indie is short for independent which refers to a type of business registration.
>>
>>382402060
>Indie means small dev team, it has nothing to do with publishing.

Well, you're wrong:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_indie_game_developers

>This is a list of independent video game developers, individuals or teams which produce indie games but are not owned by or receive significant financial backing from a video game publisher. Independent developers, which can be single individuals, small groups, or large organizations, retain operational control over their organizations and processes. Some self-publish their own games while others work with publishers.

btw, the average Famicom game had dev teams less than 6. Were they "indie" games?
>>
>>382399337
>MN9 is like on the level of Shantae and Rayman
>Rayman
Simayibitchslap.webm
>>
the real question is
is there going to be an Azure Striker Gunvolt 3?
>>
>>382399337
What le fuck?
>>
>>382401649
>Indie originally stood for Individual Developer
You fucking what? It's short for independent, and has been since it was a music term
>>
>>382402670
Be patient with him, he's slower than a sedated snail.
>>
Shantae suffered from a lack of content, but it didn't have the horrible bugs (bricked Wii U) or the obvious sloppy editing (AD-LIB MOANING IN PAIN) MN9 had at launch. I don't see how you could argue MN9 was not exceptionally bad compared to its peers.
>>
>>382402785
>I don't see how you could argue MN9 was not exceptionally bad compared to its peers.
Apparently if you have poor taste and just hate all three, like this enlightened individual >>382401746
>>
>>382402785
>(bricked Wii U)

Didn't quite brick the WiiU. It required a HARD reset (remove the power cord and restart). It's still quite ridiculous that it even had that problem. The WiiU version should have been cancelled. It also runs mostly at 6-20 fps.
>>
>>382401649
> Individual Developer
Indie stands for independent

You know like independent films or independent music?
>>
>>382402785
Those are fixed now.
>>
>>382403045
Ah, that's good then. I don't have a Wii U but I wouldve felt bad for people who had their systems ruined, at least they could reset it. Still, you're right, to even have such a problem at launch is just inacceptable.
>>
File: 1485438475309.jpg (210KB, 631x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485438475309.jpg
210KB, 631x480px
>>382403045
Not him (I was about to reply), but that's absurd. How do you fuck up that badly?
>>
I backed MN9 and never even finished it. It was just way too mediocre and seemed to have a lot of shitty, cheap design choices that no game claiming to be a spiritual successor to Mega Man should have.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst is fun though and kind of challenging.
>>
>>382403239

btw, is Sailor Moon worth re-watching? I fucking loved that shit as a kid but never finished it. Never saw the movies either.

(now that I think abou tit why have there been no Magical Girl action games? )
>>
>>382403239
>>382403195

It's because Mn9 is THAT technically incompetent.

Supposedly Inti never learned how to code the engine, and instead just used a graphical interface to build levels. This meant that it was incredibly inefficient, and it turns out too much for the WiiU to handle.
>>
>>382402934
>having the experience of enough older 2D games to realize how these newer ones are husks by comparison is "poor taste"
>criticizing something means you hate it
You've earned your idiotic opinions I guess.
>>
File: 1448872908382.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448872908382.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
>>382403641
It is. Give it a go. Tread softly with Crystal until season 3.
>>
>>382390074
Because its shit. Saying its better than some indie games is a large damn margin. Its also worse then plenty of them too. Shovel Knight is a fuck load closer to Megaman (well Duck Tales more so) than fucking No 9.

Lets compare it to Megaman.

Megaman is known for bitchin music, cool levels, fun bosses, and quick action jumpy shooty fun. Seriously if you have played Megaman you can close your eyes and imagine your favorite level or hear any of a dozen of its tracks.

Might No. 9 is not as quick or action packed as its Dash actually slows it down due to needing to pump too much damage in to oddly placed enemies to soften them up for your main move. The music is boring and forgettable. It needed chiptunes to feel Megaman. It just lost all its rock and roll balls.

Levels are the worst of it. Bland to look at and like they were made by one person while the dash was made by another. The flow is shit when it should be quick shots and speed dashing like Megaman on crank. All they needed was MM3 Dash to do damage and work in air and for pissant enemies to have low hits with the standard semi-big or blocking enemies along the way that require a little more dodging and moving.

The game is bland and dull. Its one unique part the Dash is poorly fitted to the levels and it loses all that arcade-ish days feel that Megaman had and its because you have to unload too much on standard enemies. Its a chore not a challenge.

The only thing it seemed to have kept from Megaman is the later Megaman games fucking annoying dialogue stops. Oh but it has those by the bucket full.

And finally how the fuck do you make Unreal a buggy shitstorm of crashes.

I take it back its worse than even bad indie games because it should have been good.
>>
>>382403641
Watch it in Japanese, the English one really fucks some shit up from sound effects not being added in to weird censorship. And yea its worth a go.

Also play the old Sailormoon games. Fuckers are great, especially the beatem up.
>>
>>382404184
Man, do you remember that japanese band that made a song about a kid who played megaman?

There was also one about Ultraman
>>
>>382404184
>Might No. 9 is not as quick or action packed as its Dash actually slows it down due to needing to pump too much damage in to oddly placed enemies to soften them up for your main move.
>oddly placed enemies
The fuck are you talking about? You can stream through whole levels, enemies are placed for you to do this consistently.

>It needed chiptunes to feel Megaman.
Maybe this wasn't at launch but it has a retro music option now.

>Levels are the worst of it. Bland to look at and like they were made by one person while the dash was made by another.
They all look different and have specific themes. They aren't special, but they could be much worse.

>The only thing it seemed to have kept from Megaman is the later Megaman games fucking annoying dialogue stops. Oh but it has those by the bucket full.
No it doesn't. It doesn't even stop you when there's dialog aside from like the first level.
>>
>>382402514
That is also a POS series, hopefully it will die.
>>
>>382403152
Ad lib is still in the game you dumb fuck.
>>
>>382403641
>>382404170
>>382404301
>>>/a/
>>
>>382403725
I'm curious where that rumor came from, along with the rumor of Inti sharing data in the office with USBs. That is so fucking insane it has to be fake.
>>
>382404783
Oh shut up.
A small side-discussion that already ended isn't hurting anyone.
(You)
>>
>>382404507
Oh hey there Inafune
>>
>>382404908

The source are actually 4chan posters, saying they had intimate knowledge. Could just be bullshitting, who knows.

We do know as a fact that MN9 is incredibly poorly coded and inefficient. It requires a powerful console to run, and even then it has FPS hickups. Rigs that can play MGSV at 60fps will have little hickups with MN9, which is insane considering how plain and ugly the game is.
>>
>>382405001
You were called out on your shit, be a man and concede.
>>
Oh yeah, the Red Ash game was supposed to launch in July this year. I wonder if they'll even mention it or allude to it existing.
>>
>>382404507
>The fuck are you talking about? You can stream through whole levels, enemies are placed for you to do this consistently.
Its clunky balanced out by easy. Its not the same thing.

>Maybe this wasn't at launch but it has a retro music option now.
So they polished a turd? Too little too late. Cartridge era didn't get a redo and I don't have time to go back and mine the depths of shit to see if it stopped being as shit.

>They all look different and have specific themes. They aren't special, but they could be much worse.
Yes they sure do. Gray and yellow. Gray and blue. Gray and purple. Gray and gray. With more blocks than minecraft. Fan-fucking-tastic.

>No it doesn't. It doesn't even stop you when there's dialog aside from like the first level.
I'm not talking about just during gameplay. It has over done long ass cutscenes that are as fucking stupid as the professors co-co puff hair. Be like Megaman show me the power I just got and fuck off so I can use it. Give me a little intro to hype up the boss levels and save the cutscene for after a dead damn end boss.
>>
File: red ash shirts.jpg (136KB, 530x878px) Image search: [Google]
red ash shirts.jpg
136KB, 530x878px
>>382405640

That was the original Kickstarter goal, ie if the kickstarter succeeded. since it failed, that date was thrown out like 2 years ago. It stayed on Wikipedia though because of sloppiness, so everyone assumed the date was still valid.

The LAST we heard of it was in 2016 that Comcept got some Red Ash t-shirts. Then total radio silence. I would say it's dead, but then Comcept came out of nowhere with news of the MN9 3DS and Vita ports. So who knows.
>>
>>382405675
>So they polished a turd? Too little too late.
Poor baby, didn't get exactly what he wanted the first time so he turns away the spoon and sulks now.

>I'm not talking about just during gameplay. It has over done long ass cutscenes
No idea what you're talking about. What "long ass cutscenes"? Are you so fucking impatient you can't deal with a 1 minute clip after beating a boss?
>>
3D was a mistake.

2D is the only visually appealing path. See Hollow Knight
>>
>>382405828
I honestly want to hold off until TGS or this entire month to see if we will have at least some info regarding the game before writing it off as dead. The fact that Comcept themselves say they're working on MN9 3DS/Vita, getting fangamer to fulfill the backer rewards which will supposedly ship in August, and Inafune himself saying he's obligated to see all his current projects through to the end makes me curious.
>>
>>382405980
>Poor baby, didn't get exactly what he wanted the first time so he turns away the spoon and sulks now.
Okay eat their shit if you want, but I expect something for my money. Get some self respect and take the dev's ballsack off your forehead.

>No idea what you're talking about.
Then you didn't play the game.

It was sold as the new Megaman. Its not half as good, half as memorable, half as well made, and has nothing in common aside from a side perspective and robots. The game is gray and boring. I mean god damn its boring. Defend a pile of shit you didn't play if you want, but at this point you are just trolling or colorblind if you thought it was good.
>>
>mighty gunvolt burst was better than mighty number 9 and still had beck in it
>still was a better megaman 'successor'
>>
>>382406327
>Then you didn't play the game.
Nah, more like whatever your whiny ass is bitching about, it didn't phase me so I can't remember any cutscenes that felt long.

It's not as good as past Megaman games, true. It is also not as bad as shitposters like yourself say it is.
>>
>>382406239

They weren't at E3. I suspect they have nothing.

God damn, Inafune must have the opposite of the Midas Touch since so many of his Post-Capcom projects were disasters.

>Kaoi: King of pirates (3 years dev time, cancelled at 3.8 million dollar loss)
>MN9 debackle
>Red Ash disaster
>Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden
>ReCore dud

Inafune should write a new book: How to ruin your rep and bankrupt 3 Companies in 6 years.
>>
>>382390074
It is the present year.
>>
>>382406929
Soul Sacrifice was good I think, but Im not sure how much Inafune-kun had to do with that.
>>
>>382407237

He did a bit. He was the general "Conceptor" for many of the ideas and design. ie "vague idea guy" who gets to take credit for it since he came up with some ideas, walked away and had everyone actually make the game.

However, he handed it off to the actual devs who made the game, wrote the story. Teruhiro Shimokawa wrote the story, directed the game, and SCEJ were the main devs. Shimokawa is actually a Comcept employee too, seemingly one of the better ones. Or maybe just SCEJ caried him, I don't know.
>>
File: img_intro.jpg (77KB, 879x232px) Image search: [Google]
img_intro.jpg
77KB, 879x232px
>>
File: tumblr_o97561NKow1sqlozao1_500.png (140KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o97561NKow1sqlozao1_500.png
140KB, 500x442px
>>
>>382409543
;_;
>>
>>382390074
4 million dollar budget
10 thousand dollar game
>>
>>382402060
Indie means independent. As in "Beholden to no publisher or supervisor beyond themselves and the consumer".

What you're talking about is more along the lines of the AA games of the past.
>>
File: mn9 vs shantae.jpg (459KB, 1034x778px) Image search: [Google]
mn9 vs shantae.jpg
459KB, 1034x778px
>>
>>382391215
>La Mulana
>better than anything
>>
File: 1458595664647.png (1MB, 800x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1458595664647.png
1MB, 800x1300px
>>
>>382390074
Just cause a shit is better than diarrhea doesn't make it any less of a shit
>>
>>382405675
Inticreates honestly has a hard on for the color grey. Go look at the amusement park in MegaMan ZX. Grey out the ASS. That place looks more like a factory than an amusement park, it was shit.
>>
File: 2590.png (134KB, 950x450px) Image search: [Google]
2590.png
134KB, 950x450px
>>
File: 1494557449888.jpg (589KB, 1579x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1494557449888.jpg
589KB, 1579x2000px
>>
>>382390074
>>better than many 2D indies

This is wrong. The level design alone makes it worse than most indies.
>>
File: tumblr_msi7lecEM51qzp9weo1_1280.jpg (96KB, 620x836px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msi7lecEM51qzp9weo1_1280.jpg
96KB, 620x836px
>>
>>382394968
>literally every other game by inticreates
No, MN9 is just as shitty as all of those games.
>>
File: img_intro.jpg (81KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
img_intro.jpg
81KB, 854x480px
>>
What is Inafune up to these days? Haven't seen the guy in a while.
>>
File: Kamiya tried to warn us.png (452KB, 1490x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Kamiya tried to warn us.png
452KB, 1490x1065px
>>
>>382412197

He gave an interview to announce Level 5 buying Comcept. That's it. They're working on some Dragon game for mobile.

Reading between the lines, he'll probably be stuck as a middle manager and mostly doing mobile games forever.

He's not doing anymore cons this year, despite doing them for like 4 years in a row.
>>
File: 1495779237107[1].jpg (121KB, 700x503px) Image search: [Google]
1495779237107[1].jpg
121KB, 700x503px
>>
>>382412703
Seeing Beck's smug ass face even remotely associated with Atom stirs up an anger in me I didn't know I had
>>
File: 331.jpg (182KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
331.jpg
182KB, 700x906px
>>
File: his smile and optimism gone.jpg (587KB, 2206x953px) Image search: [Google]
his smile and optimism gone.jpg
587KB, 2206x953px
>>
>>382412157

Wait that was what they did with the face in the game reward tier for $2500? The same tier that said it would fit your face in the game in a natural way that won't look out of place?

And it is literally just a giant sign with "FACE IN THE GAME!!" pasted on top.

That's fucking hilarious
>>
>>382401410
>is there even a single thing it does well?
Well it allowed mighty gunvolt to be a thing.
>>
File: megamancomic.png (2MB, 1280x2104px) Image search: [Google]
megamancomic.png
2MB, 1280x2104px
>>
>>382413503
We all had so much hope.
>>
>>382406043
>meme game
opinion disregarded
>>
File: 1496264877646.jpg (350KB, 662x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1496264877646.jpg
350KB, 662x1084px
>>
File: tumblr_mslxrxHtL11r9o3fjo1_500.png (199KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mslxrxHtL11r9o3fjo1_500.png
199KB, 500x377px
>>382413671
>>
>>382411945
level """""design"""""
>>
>>382402514
Yes. Joule will die at the ending.
>>
>>382412476
>cons
kek
>>
>>382414114
>spoiler
Better be for good this time.
>>
>>382402514
I'd be very surprised if there isn't, considering how much foreshadowing 2 ended with. Also, why does it feel like that /v/ really doesn't like Inti?
>>
File: 1438770018892.png (926KB, 1000x2179px) Image search: [Google]
1438770018892.png
926KB, 1000x2179px
>>382413503
wrong version
>>
>>382414190
Joule is the Zero of the series, she will die when after she gets her own spinoff.
>>
File: 1433369303250.png (60KB, 480x441px) Image search: [Google]
1433369303250.png
60KB, 480x441px
>>382414403
I sure hope it does't end up as an idol management game then.
>>
File: eLnWRLV.png (330KB, 1309x1064px) Image search: [Google]
eLnWRLV.png
330KB, 1309x1064px
>>
File: He tried to warn us.jpg (133KB, 1434x482px) Image search: [Google]
He tried to warn us.jpg
133KB, 1434x482px
Leaving for work. Someone bump the thread a few times.
>>
>>382390732
I think it comes from an interview with him that's on the Mega Man anniversary collection from like 2002 where he basically just straight up said he created Mega Man.
>>
File: CREATOR OF ONIMUSHA AND MEGA MAN.jpg (485KB, 1681x1017px) Image search: [Google]
CREATOR OF ONIMUSHA AND MEGA MAN.jpg
485KB, 1681x1017px
>>382415526

The timeline is right. I haven't seen the interview. Does he directly say that?

I've noticed that Inafune never directly lies, but he implies and then strategically never mentions anyone else's contributions. He gives the viewer the impression he created all these series. Plus his media men hype him up to no end. If you read his con bios and promos you'd think he was the only smart person at Capcom and made all the series.

Notice here it gives a super vague one of the people responsible for making them hit series. The hell does that mean? RE sold millions before Inafune came in with his modest work on it.
>>
>>382415686
It was some G4, interview I haven't actually watched it in awhile but I think they refer to him as the creator of Mega Man. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
>>
>>382415686
Wait I'm stupid and youtube is a thing that exists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8cJPAfIwwo
>>
>>382415803
>>382415868

I remember seeing that after the MN9 kickstarter, and I believed that Inafune was the creator of MM and I only questioned it later.

>shots of Inafune drawing mega man
>Inafune is the only Jap dev interview
>Inafune takes center stage and the entire special revolves around Inafune
>Inafune never mentions a single Japanese dev or their contributions, no names, nothing.
>narrator says "meet the man behind the mega"
>Inafune says that the character design is based on his childhood and that the game design is like going back to his childhood

So far it's heavily implied he's the creator of the series but it's never been stated. However, the narrator seems to firmly believe that the series is only Inafune's work, so this idea may predate this.

>"It was very fun to design that character"

Now he's outright saying it. I wonder if he's just saying "drew that character" and it's poor translation. But the fact that Inafune NEVER mentions anyoen else makes me not want to be charitable with him.

I'm only 3 minutes in. I gotta go now but I'm gonna re-watch this later and do it with a much more critical eye.
>>
>>382416187

Literally 5 seconds later:
>When I first designed the character, I had "Rock n Roll" in mind. That was the image I had when I designed a lot of the artwork
>"designed a lot of the artwork".

How the fuck could Inafune design the characters when he joined the game late into production after all the characters had been made? He didn't design or name them. Note "designed a lto of the artwork". That seems like a strange word right? Makes me think they're mistranslating "Drawing".
>>
>>382416326
It might be a poor translation but it could still be part of the misconceptions.
>>
File: 1472968530994.png (157KB, 943x441px) Image search: [Google]
1472968530994.png
157KB, 943x441px
>>382411454
Fixed.
>>
>>382416418
>misconceptions

You mean lies? Because either Inafune is outright lying, or the translators are idiots. The doc is certainly built around Inafune = creator, and any casual viewer without any more info will take away that message. But really listen carefully to Inafune's words, and they can fit an artist as well.

>Inafune takls abouthow 2 was where he got to do everything he wanted to
>adds a few "we" but still makes it sound like he was team leader
>There's a big chunk where it's idiot know nothing Westerners talking.
>The next bit of interviews are programmer Masaru Ijuin, and director Mashiro Yasuma both talking about Legends.
>Then Battle Network, then Zero.
>Ends with Inafune drawing Mega Man,
>"I have been making Mega Man for 15-16 years, I've never had enough of him".
>talks about unused enemy designs
>"The person who probably taught me the most about how to make games... is the blue bomber himself, Mega Man"
>end documentary

At this point I screamed at the screen. That was the perfect opportunity to mention SOMEONE else. Fuck what a self promoting con man.
>>
>>382416639
I wonder what this game would've been like if they hadn't dropped the concept of being able to copy almost any enemy type.
>>
>better than many 2D indies
not a very high standard
>>
>>382391215
these

also, Majin Shoujo 1/2
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.