[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars Battlefront 2 loot boxes spark pay-to-win fears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: b.png (1MB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
b.png
1MB, 1200x630px
>Unlike its predecessor, Battlefront 2 has randomised crates of Star Cards that offer gameplay-affecting power-ups.
>These can give you more health, power up weapons, boost damage or grant other special abilities - such as a healing effect for nearby allies.

>EA has now confirmed to Eurogamer that yes, you can buy more of these crates using real-world money.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-30-star-wars-battlefront-2-loot-boxes-spark-pay-to-win-fears
>>
what a twist. did people really think their "free dlc" wouldnt come at a price?
>>
>>382390191
This. But I ain't buying that shit. Thanks for paying gambling addicts.
>>
wtf I was relying on EA to not jew me. Who could have seen this coming?
>>
Not surprising that EA would pull a scumbag move like this. All I want is free maps and no pay to win. Spending more money should never give you an advantage in gameplay.
>>
>>382389849

Nope, not touching this now for any reason.
>>
File: 1465935650693.jpg (104KB, 794x680px) Image search: [Google]
1465935650693.jpg
104KB, 794x680px
>>382389849
>bring back clones
>bring back droids
>add prequel content
>bring back single player content
>announce free DLC for the life of the game
>ruin the multiplayer with a pay for convenience loot box upgrade system

What a shame, it almost seemed like they tried to learn from their mistakes.
>>
F
>>
>>382389849
>People will still buy it, and defend it.
Why did we end up in the worst possible timeline.
>>
>>382390452
I'd be fine if it were cosmetic shit because base soldiers were fine for Battlefront 2

>>382389849
>>382391973
If they wanted to do this shit right it should be like the rewards weapons from Battlefront 2. Literally fucking retarded move on their part good job dividing the multiplayer by giving the retards with money power weapons.
>>
>>382391973
Is it a mistake if they make bucket loads of cash?
>>
I've been playing the alpha. It's awful, coming from someone who somewhat enjoyed the first.

The map is the worst designed I've ever seen in an AAA game this decade, and gunplay is ineffectual. They force you to constantly use abilities, as killing reliably with your gun often doesn't work because people take too little damage.

Rolling is useless now. Instead, people spam jump during gunfights because since the guns do so little damage, any bullet missed is a massive advantage.

The second part of the map is also awful. Every objective can only be accessed by single doorways, so it's just a meatgrinder of the worst kind until a hero comes along to kill 5 people with one lightsaber slash. Speaking of heroes, you can no longer hear lightsaber-wielding heroes from afar. You will never know Darth Maul is near you unrtil he's stabbing you, and by then it's too late.

Fuck this game.
>>
The golden rule continues, EA never learns.
>>
>>382389849
>loot boxes
LOL
alright
fucking dropped
god dammit
i was actually excited for this
>>
>>382389849
To be fair I've been playing the alpha, and the crates are rather easy to get through games. The cheapest one is 1000 points whereas the most expensive is 2000. Every match I've played I get 700 points to use on these and matches can be completed in like 15-20 minutes.

You can also get a second currency through these crates and just playing the game to upgrade abilities to higher rarities instead of paying for it.

If they keep it as it is I think I could live with it.
>>
All they literally have to do is remaster Star Wars Battlefront II.
>>
File: 1480542201364.png (173KB, 630x345px) Image search: [Google]
1480542201364.png
173KB, 630x345px
>>382389849
>loot boxes

Every game is doing this shit nowadays.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.