[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is X-COM 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: i.png (215KB, 464x300px) Image search: [Google]
i.png
215KB, 464x300px
How is X-COM 2?
>>
Exact same thing as X-Com:Enemy Unknown
>>
I like it. Timers are not a valid complaint. There are a lot of people really upset you can't just spam overwatch and win anymore. That being said, there are some genuine criticisms you can level at the game. I personally wished the campaign map was more interesting and was a little less focused on super alpha striking every time you meet a pod. Also the game kind of assumes you are going to be a save scummer and thus shafts you terribly for failing anything, with no real come back mechanics built in.

Still a really good squad based tactical game at the end of the day. Very hyped for the expansion.
>>
>>382384402
I just wanted it to go from guerilla warfare to all-out war with the main xcom team being special forces. The game gives the options of rebel havens and defending them, but they don't really do anything else
>>
>>382383657
xcom 2 is definitely worth playing, i've seen a lot of people complaining about timers, but they aren't that bad, the only valid complaint is the rulers turns, it's a fucking stupid mechanic
>>
>>382383657

Damn good. I'm curious how the expansion will change the campaign.
>>
>>382385424
What if you were to give this game to, say, twenty... intelligent people i mean, what would that do? Let's face it what would it do?
>>
Mario + Rabbids will be the superior game
>>
>>382383657
Good, don't ruin it with long war 2
>>
>>382383657
if you were expecting to be the ISIS of killing aliens, prepare for disappointment. they really dropped the ball on the whole "insurgency" feel.
>>
>>382385593
And water is wet
>>
I could only get 20 fps on medium settings on my rig, and the cut scenes occasionally crashed my computer.
>>
>>382385353
They're getting nerfed in the expansion.
>>
>>382385732
The only saving grave about it is the lack of punishment for killing civilians. Collaborators gotta pay.
>>
File: Xcom_beefcake.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Xcom_beefcake.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>382383657
Absolutely amazing. I can not wait for the expansion.
>>
I hate how the dev team treats every single player like an absolute retard regardless of difficulty.
Yeah no shit the bomb is going to blow up soon central, we've done this one million times and I'm playing insanity mode.
>>
>>382386145

Mods.
>>
>>382386145
There's a mod to fix that.
>>
>>382386128
> /fit/ plays Xcom 2: No homo edition
>>
It has a lot of interesting mechanics, but at the same time the actual fights seem worse. It's like everyone, enemy or not, is way stronger in this game to the point where you basically have to spam explosives and max damage to finish on the first turn or you get fucked up.
That combined with the timers and guerilla vibe make it less comfy than EU/EW.
>>
LW 1 >>> Vanilla EW > Vanilla Xcom 2 > LW2 > Vanilla EU
>>
>>382384402
There wouldn't need to be a timer if the enemies actually moved around on their own and weren't based on triggers. You know, like the original games. There are some patrols but there's still lots of enemies that just spawn in if you touch the wrong pixel.
>>
>>382386128
wait, there's a weight slider mod ?
>>
>>382383657

Will be good again once they nerf the ruler turns ability.
>>
>>382386410
Those %hitrates are the biggest bullshit I have ever seen. Enemy unknown had them but not nearly as bad as it is here.

The worst thing a game can do is FEEL shit to play. At that point I don't even give a shit about the mechanics that may be good. I tried it and dropped it after a few hours. Liked enemy unknown a lot thought and played throught it twice.

Also fuck guerilla warfare.
>>
>install true concealment mod
>game instantly becomes better

Woah
>>
>>382386925
>if it's over 50% it means it has to hit 100% of the time

kys shitter
>>
I just downloaded this game. What mods are essential?
>>
>>382384402
>timers are not a valid complaint

Come on dude. Even your mental gymnastics must have some limits to them.
>>
>>382387051

True Concealment is a fucking must

It allows you to take your time during the early stages of the mission, but at the same time, prevents overwatch spamming after you reveal yourself
>>
>>382387051
don't listen to the true concealment fags. TC is cheats.
>>
>>382387051

Don't listen to >>382387126 Play a mostly vanilla game at first.

Show Enemies on Mission Planning, Fixed Facility Pips, and New Target Icons would be good for a vanilla plus playthrough.
>>
>>382387253
>>382387347

Devs are implementing true concealment in the next expansion anyway

Even the fucking developers admitted that timers are trash on vanilla.

>hurr lets artifically increase the difficulty by making you rush into shit because of an arbitrary amount of turns being set upon you
>>
>>382387397
>Devs are implementing true concealment in the next expansion anyway

It'll be implemented in a way that complements the main game and is balanced around it. Or at least it should.

Right now TC is somewhat unbalanced, especially since the AI is programmed to stop its patrol when you have it in your LOS and other things.
>>
>Haven't failed a single mission
>Avatar project is just 3 squares from being completed but I need to establish contact all over the fucking map to get to the areas so I can knock it down
>>
File: 1496491590185.jpg (158KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496491590185.jpg
158KB, 700x800px
I'd like to play and XCOM that kicks my ass, because Insanity is too much of a piss-poor easy game of numbers.

But I don't want them to implement a "Beyond Insanity mode" because better numbers ain't going to make the game harder if the basics are easy as pie.

>Chryssalid kills NPC in Fog of War is default.
>Chryssalid victims spawn two Chrysalids on turn one.
>Chryssalid victims keep spawning two new Chryssalids every turn
>Killing the Chryssalid victim spawns a Chryssalid Queen.

>Vipers have "Lord of Combat" by default, and can move after every one of your actions. This is to make up for low health.

>Sectopods get 3x health boost, and weapons have a "Devastator" Effect, in which every attack insta-kills your soldiers if they get hit.

>Berserkers get "Lord of Combat" by default, and their melee attacks have a "Devastator" effect, which insta-kills your soldiers, and every time a Berserker kills your soldier, she regains full health.

>Advent is a carbon-copy of your Agents, and can do everything you can do, except their stats are approximately 1.5x better.

>Faceless can disguise as props and buildings. If you step into a Faceless building, the entire thing becomes sticky and corroded and eats your agents, trapping them and leaving the survivors to scramble against a gigantic Faceless.

And so much more, but I'm just ranting now.
>>
Just a question for those "True Concealment" shitlords.

How do you move your soldiers?
>>
>>382387058
The timers just mean that you have to go more aggressive in that mission. You have grenades for a reason, you know.
>>
>>382387561

What?

Patrols still wander around when you have LOS even using TC
what you talking about?
>>
>>382389052
You're retarded
>>
>>382386650
But the enemies DO patrol.
>>
>>382384116
>fpbp

the game was disappointing because it was literally the same game imo. "Hurr hurr muh sequels, ofc it's gonna have the same shit", no. This game was just dlc, no unique missions, no unique skills like the Psi abilities. Final Fantasy Tactics is way better than this.
>>
>>382390019

Are you using AI mods/ABA2? I'm pretty sure that the vanilla AI is programmed to stop its patrol when you have soldiers near it/see them, along with steering the patrol AI away when you're already in combat with a pod.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.