[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tekken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hwoarang-4fix.jpg (454KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hwoarang-4fix.jpg
454KB, 900x1600px
Is the Tekken hype finally over?
>>
Threads aren't reaching 500 anymore so I assume so. I was going to play tonight but I can get out of 3rd dan. I'm losing my hype too.
>>
>>382383017
I've said this for years.

Every tekken release is exactly the same.
>Major hype
>Shit flinging at other fighting games
>Every little leak gets threads upon threads of it
>Launch week is madness
>Games dead within 2 weeks.
>Online in general dead within a month.
>Tournament coverage dead after the first one.
>>
can someone tell me the keeponrock.in equivalent for tekken? if there's not one where can i find vods of people playing the game
>>
>>382383629
I think people just got burned out too fast. Having to grind all those treasure battles for the good gear wore me out.
>>
>>382383629
What makes Tekken not as appealing as SF?
>>
>>382384845
What sucks more is that there is no good gear
>>
>>382384916
Honestly I don't know what it is but Street Fighter is really satisfying to watch while Tekken is kind of ehhh. Obviously interesting matches and tournaments bring rise to more players actually playing the game, but since Tekken is not so fun to watch not many want to get involved and the game dies.
>>
File: Tekken Hype.png (20KB, 576x176px) Image search: [Google]
Tekken Hype.png
20KB, 576x176px
>>382383017
Nope
>>
>>382384968
That too. I hate how everyone shares the same shirts and jackets. They're not even good jackets either.
>>
>>382383629
This usually happens with fighting games.

>New fighting game is announced
>Casuals who don't know how to really play fighting games and only watch them on Twitch hype them up to hell until release
>Release hits
>Casuals shit on other fighting games while the hype is still fresh, despite not knowing anything
>Casuals then come to the realization that they don't know how to play fighting games
>Playerbase drops anywhere from 80%-90% in the first month, leaving only the people who actually know how to play fighting games
>Nobody discusses fighting games again until the next one is hyped up

It happened with SFV, it's happening now with Tekken 7, and it will happen with MvCI and Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Fighting games are niche by design. The only ones that aren't are party fighting games (like Smash).
>>
>>382384916
Tekken is a lot more complicated. There's almost no input leniency in Tekken when it comes to input buffering. Not to mention all the states, stances, and movement techniques.

Even though SFV is shit, it's simpler and a lot easier to grasp its mechanics and understand them, so people are more willing to stick with it and watch it.
>>
>>382385561
But is SFV more fun to play in the long run? I could still get it on sale. I'm feeling overwhelmed by Tekken since I'm new.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.