[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think this is the best RPG of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: new vegas.jpg (1MB, 1330x1650px) Image search: [Google]
new vegas.jpg
1MB, 1330x1650px
Why do people think this is the best RPG of all time?
>>
Of all time? Nobody thinks that. It was the best RPG of 2010 and very few if any RPGs have come close to it since, but nobody honestly thinks it's the best RPG of all time.
>>
Very few people actually do. It's arguably the last good sorta-cRPG so it really stands out from the more recent RPG production, and people enjoy it and talking about it because as a cRPG, it offers a lot of possible options and solutions and builds and various ways to approach problems and also quite a lot of interesting characters and plot elements that are fairly fun to discuss, but nobody or hardly anybody claims that it's "the best RPG of all time".
Most people who played this also played the original Fallouts and things like Arcanum and know those games go even deeper.
>>
i don't

i do respect it thou, ,since it's the closer we got in a long, long time to the classics/rpg prime.

man, why troika exploded what a waste
>>
because it is
>>
Because they haven't played Fallout 4 or Skyrim
>>
Whats the craziest thing you guys have done in this game, like, I don't know, something like killing a deathclaw with a melee weapon and taking no damage
>>
I have no idea. It's just as bad as the Bethesda games.
>>
Because reddit doesn't.
>>
>>382377851
>people
>>
>>382378380
stop spouting lies Todd
>>
>>382377851
I would never say that something is the 'best x'
I would certainly say that it's my favourite rpg of all time though
>>
>7 years since last good RPG
>>
>>382377851
Haven't really seen a vast amount of people say it's the best RPG. It's a buggy unfinished game but somehow still manages to be one of my favorite games of all time but has good competition.

It has a large amount of content and stuff like the Survivalist logs, the backstories of Joshua Graham or Hanlon, terminal entries, the story of Vera and Sinclair, interesting dialogue and actual choice put it pretty up there. You can refuse to assassinate someone and the game respects you for that.

So while stuff like a lackluster strip and lack of legion content is disappointing, the game manages to hit a lot of good points on the head and is thoroughly enjoyable for letting you craft your own character.
>>
>>382380418
good answer.
>>
>>382377851
They don't? I mean it's a great game, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it's the BEST.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.