[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the pinnacle of 2D platformers. >solid controls >great,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: yi.jpg (29KB, 377x263px) Image search: [Google]
yi.jpg
29KB, 377x263px
This is the pinnacle of 2D platformers.

>solid controls
>great, unique boss fights
>memorable soundtrack
>lots of replayability

And people will shit on it only because le crying baby Mayrio.
>>
Was a perfect game
>>
>>382372565
Too easy and centered around collecting shit to make the game seem long. Good for children though trying a platformer for the first time.
>>
red coins were shit in this game
>>
Yeah OP great game with wonderful presentation, might replay it over the weekend
>>
>>382373095
Bingo
>>
>>382373095
>collecting shit to make the game seem long.

While not exactly wrong. That is where the majoirty of the games actual difficulty comes from. since yeah shit was made so just beating the levels would be easy as all fuck for ,like which you said, the sake of the shit skilled kiddos.

Again your not exactly wrong but you did miss the point and reasons that shit is the way it is. Though you dont have to like it but still nigga come on.
>>
Objectively correct.
>>
File: 1498125939144.gif (480KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498125939144.gif
480KB, 300x500px
>>382373501
I still think it is better to have optional "challenge stages" than have you collect shit and check every nook and cranny for them. When you realize this is bad game design you would not have Yoshi's Island so high up your list of good games.

Music is great though. And like I said, it is good for kids. Anybody else, it can be done with in a couple of days, if even that.

Super Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3 for a good example of games that provides good challenge while keeping it optional.
>>
>>382372565

New great ideas
Nice atmosphere
Nice soundtrack
Good boss boss fights
Amazing level design, fucking varying and beautiful designed

Yoshis Island and Donkey Kong Country 2 were the most unique games on the SNES.
>>
>>382373095

that's false, no collectables are necessary to complete the game
>>
>>382372565
Is this the designated contrarian thread? If so, FO:NV sucks donkey duck.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.