[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: ???.jpg (26KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
???.jpg
26KB, 480x269px
>Monster roars and it stuns you
>Monster jumps and it stuns you
>Monster flaps wings and it stuns you
Cool.
Who's hyped for the new one?
What would you like to see changed?
Which in the series is your favorite?

Get in here, lads.
>>
>>382369515

I wish it wasn't so fucking boring.
>>
>>382369515
>that feeling when you've become one of the top monster hunter streamers

holy shit what
>>
>>382369515
> making a MH thread after the worlds trailer

Brace yourself kid.
>>
>you don't stand where the game clearly doesn't want you to stand
>it doesn't stun you
woah mama
>>
>>382370081
World looks great. Can't wait.
>>
>>382370081
haha, i know what i've done.
>>382369664
i think some parts of 4 are seriously boring and don't need to be in it at all
>>
File: 1464726029041.jpg (178KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464726029041.jpg
178KB, 600x400px
Who's hyped for the new one?
I'm hyped for world, I will need a decent PC tho, I hope that capcom don't fuck it up, you know, because they are experts at fucking things up.

What would you like to see changed?
I don't care if the changes are mostly optional, If I can play like in the older games I'm fine.

>Which in the series is your favorite?
Game: MH4U.
monster: Khezu/Tigrex.
Weapon: LBG/Lance, my forbidden love is hammer tho.
>>
>>382370502
listen, i never said i was good at these games. if you have pointers, i sure would appreciate it.
>>
>>382369664
How far have you gotten? I found it really boring at first but once I got further in and started fighting the monsters that are actually fun to fight I fell in love with it.
>>
>>382370963
I don't have much to add to the conversation.
A lot of the time I hear shitters whine about monsters having really quick attacks or wind pressure that links into stupid damage, and how that's like totally unavoidable, dude. And sometimes they're right.
Sometimes though, it's a very clear message from the developer that says "Hey maybe don't keep on engaging this monster directly from the front every time, retard, adapt"
>>
>>382370807
>I hope that capcom don't fuck it up, you know, because they are experts at fucking things up.
i keep telling this to people i know, and they look at me weird. nice to know i'm not insane.
I have always had trouble with Khezu, because i always forget he has that aoe-ish shock move. I fall for it every time.
>>
File: IMG_0476.png (121KB, 380x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0476.png
121KB, 380x280px
>>382370547
Yeah I know, but every MH thread after the trailer has been putrid shit. Falseflaggers trolling falseflaggers, actual console war faggotry, and a few sane men surrounded by lunatics trying to have a conversation.

I personally can't wait to try outbows/bowguns with mouse+kb. That should be interesting.
>>
>>382370807
I'm super hyped. I never thought I'd see the day when Monster Hunter actually came to PC (without being some cancerous korean MMO-tier shit that filthy gaijins aren't allowed to play anyway.)

I don't really have anything specific I'd like to see changed, really. I'd like the non-hunt gathering stuff to be closer to Tri's farm and whatnot if at all possible, but really I'm just happy that I'll have a Monster Hunter game that neither me nor my friends will need to buy something new to play. The aiming looks fucking great, so I might give some ranged weapons a try, but I main IG so maybe shooting the bug won't be a complete pain in the ass anymore. As long as Bug progression and Weapon progression stay separate I'm pretty much golden.
>>
>>382371165
>"Hey maybe don't keep on engaging this monster directly from the front every time, retard, adapt"
Honestly, that's me to the fucking t, because i always want to hit them on the head like an idiot. I also haven't gotten used to the speed of the charge sword yet, so i'm always leaving myself open.
>>
File: IMG_0477.jpg (57KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0477.jpg
57KB, 1000x750px
>>382371505
If you like smacking monsters in the face become a hammerbro.
>>
>>382371325
>mouse&kb for aiming

No anon, only arrow keys.
>>
Do you guys solo G-rank or do you go through it in multiplayer?
>>
File: IMG_0330.jpg (54KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0330.jpg
54KB, 500x490px
>>382371651
> arrow keys for aiming

Jesus christ why?
>>
>>382371505
I think the biggest example of this is yian garuga

Yes, it's got a retarded almost instant step forwards attack, and some of that can very easily be attributed to bad game design, but it's still something perfectly avoidable with a little bit of foresight.

Every time you get hit ask yourself what ya could've done different instead of repeating your behavior and you'll be a champ in no time.
>>
File: zoinks.png (125KB, 325x299px) Image search: [Google]
zoinks.png
125KB, 325x299px
OP here again. Just wanted to add one question to the mix:
Favorite weapon/ weapon type and why?
>>
>>382371808
I haven't fought Yian Garuga yet. How far is he into the game?
>>
Gunlance for me. I don't care that its shit stat-wise because its just so much damn fun. The overhead slam into the shotgun blast is probably the most satisfying thing in any game ever.
>>
>>382372047
Usually like the 60% point of low rank, depending on game.
>>
>>382372162
Meant for
>>382371853
>>
>>382372162
evade up adept gunlance is a hoot to play. Sure full bursts might not be the most optimal method of delivering pain but boy do they feel gratifying.
>>
File: Nuhhhh.png (5KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
Nuhhhh.png
5KB, 199x253px
>>382371853
Insect Glaive. I used to play Longsword, which was fun enough, and even branched out into Lance to cover holes in my elemental sets. Then MH4 came out, and with it, Charge Blade and Insect Glaive. A friend of mine went hard into Charge Blade, so I figured I'd try out the IG, and fell in love with it. It's basically everything I liked about Longsword except safer for the team and with increased mobility, it just feels RIGHT to use, and it's only gotten better in each game. (Tying the bug to weapon progression was a fucking garbage idea how did that get greenlit holy shit.) Now that the bug is its own progression and aiming the bug won't be garbage it's probably gonna be more fun than ever.
>>
>>382371853
Insect Glaive and Bowgun/Bow. All ranged weapons are equally fun for me. Insect Glaive is by far my favourite melee weapon. Used to be longsword but never looked back after insect glaive was introduced.
>>
>>382370081
What new trailer?
>>
>>382371736
Both.

But I enjoy it online more tho.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.