[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I got to the final boss in Thabes, and got my shit wrecked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png (1MB, 798x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png
1MB, 798x730px
So, I got to the final boss in Thabes, and got my shit wrecked by he who must not be named. Should I be overclassing a shitton of my characters? Or just devise a different strategy? He's pretty powerful and 1 shots a vast majority of my units. On top of that he recruits a metric fuckton of dragons after a few turns, and by that point it's pretty much over.

Also, Fire Emblem Echoes thread I guess
>>
Who did you bring with, and what classes were they?
>>
>>382370121

Alm - conqueror
Celica - Rigain
Zeke - Gold Knight
Conrad - Gold Knight
Palla - Falcon Knight
Tatiana - Saint
Kamui - Dread Fighter
Genny - Saint
Leon - Bow Knight

I think that's all of them.
>>
>>382369447
This is what you do

You invoke, and you continue to invoke, and pick off enemies bit by bit
>>
>>382371256

Is invoke pretty reliable in distracting enemies? I always forget about that
>>
>>382371336
Yes very reliable.

Especially Silque's
>>
>>382371440

I'll remember next time I get to Grima.
>>
File: 1474754677586.png (334KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
1474754677586.png
334KB, 640x350px
>duma tower
God this dungeon sucks. Bow knights can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>382373012

Duma Temple pissed me off the most. I got so hopelessly lost at the end, and having to fight the same faggots chasing after me over and over again drove me insane.
>>
File: 1496377308086.jpg (55KB, 750x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496377308086.jpg
55KB, 750x800px
lol just use bow knights
>>
>>382374275

Well, I brought Leon along, but not Tobin or Python.
>>
I never realized how useful dancers were until I played without them in this game. So many times I would have liked to dance up Atlas after he shoots someone to death.
>>
>>382374847
>tfw made Faye a mage
She's been great, but I still feel like I'm missing out
>>
I won safely and easily by sending Leon in with Hunter Volley and rescuing him out after. Your mileage may vary depending on your Leon's HP pool and healer's movesets.
>>
>>382375589

Did you attack the boss with Leon?
>>
>>382370583
>gold knights and falcon knights
top kek

those classes suck ass in Thabes. Here's what you do:

1. Abuse killer bow archers. Killer bows are OP as fuck and their art allows archers to double-attack literally any unit (with crit bonus). Killer bow turns archers from mediocre combat units into murder gods who can 1RKO enemies halfway across the map

2. Brave sword dread fighters/alm. Crit weapons are OP in this game, if you hadn't noticed. This is why paladins, pegasus, and soldiers suck ass: there are no crit lances. Don't bring any of those classes.

3. Mage ring on your mages. By far the best equip for mages. Mage ring allows mages to attack w/o getting countered and makes up for their shitty movement. In fact, since you only get 2 mage rings, I'd only bring 2 mages.

4. Invoke tanking. Invoke is the best tank in the game and complete shits all over barons. Enemies will almost always prioritize invoke fodder over regular units. Genny's is the best since she summons a fuckload of super weak soldiers.

There you go, how to beat Thabes with 0 grind. I went there right after final boss when my party was ~7-10. Overclasses are completely unnecessary. My final composition was alm/celica, 2 DFs, 2 mages, 2 archers, and 2 healers. If I had to redo it I would take out a mage for another archer since no mage rings
>>
>>382375706
Yeah, he basically soloed it. My other heavy-hitters got one-shot.
>>
>>382375827
Where do you pick up killer bows?
Also would killer edges really be better for Alm than double lion?
>>
>>382376804
>Where do you pick up killer bows?
You forge them from silver bows.
>>
>>382376804
Upgrade a Silver Bow. Get Silver by upgrading Steel.

I think Double Lion is better. If you really want crits on Alm just grab him another Killer Bow imo.
>>
File: 1487468777581.png (146KB, 315x249px) Image search: [Google]
1487468777581.png
146KB, 315x249px
>looking through some vids for strategy tips
>streamer has all DLC over classes and merc
>>
>>382373272
You're joking, right? The dungeon's layout is simple.
>>
>>382375827

Well my Falcon night was useless but actually my gold knghts are among the strongest in ny army. Only thing they can't handle is the dragons because that requires high resistance.

I'll take more dread fighters definitely, I found them to be very useful in the final battle
>>
>>382377816
I don't blame them. Thabes is boring and if I was them I would want to complete such a boring stats fest as soon as possible.
>>
>>382376052

Goddamn! Your Leon is way better than mine
>>
>>382377816

I don't regret getting conquer and rigain, those two alone have done me a world of good. But other than that the DLC seems completely unnecessary. It's not like an Awakening where you needed all of this overstat DLC to survive post-game
>>
>>382378546
Yeah, I 20/20'd him because he was my favorite unit and just barely survived rounds with 2 HP. Tobin and Python promoted ASAP couldn't pull it off. That's why mileage varies.
>>
>>382378878
Rigain is so fucking ugly and aura is so fucking stupid. It's pretty much just an extra 20 levels and that's it.

Anyways overclassing is fundamentally flawed and is something you'll probably never experience in normal gameplay. I don't get why they forced the level 20 requirement or made mages forget their skills.
>>
>>382369447
Just turn the game off and watch the ending on youtube anon. There you already beat this boring game.
>>
>>382369447
>Press A for Invoque
>Press A for Warp
>Press A for Physic
>Press A for Expel
>Press A for Rescue
>Use only your OP characters and healers
>Win
>>
>>382378878
yeah, only conquer and rigain are worthy. The others take away the unique pose animations of each characters.
>>
>>382383204
This. I know it's a minor thing, but I really liked how they went the extra mile by giving units their own animations and palettes. I was already a bit iffy on overclasses, but fucking with the animations was the deal breaker for me.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.