[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy and Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza crossover in the works

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: ss-05-noscale[1].jpg (56KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
ss-05-noscale[1].jpg
56KB, 900x506px
Come back to this thread in a few weeks. There's a Final Fantasy and Yakuza (Ryu Ga Gotoku) crossover game in development and it will be announced pretty soon. In fact, the reveal was likely planned to come during this month but was pushed back for a more efficent PR strategy.

The game will be formally announced in late August and September for worldwide and japanese press. As far as I know, the main development of the game is being held at the traditional SEGA studio that worked on previous Ryu Ga Gotoku games with the assistance of key staff from S-E, but it will be marketed and published as a Final Fantasy game by S-E.

I know that the protagonists are going to be redesigned characters from the RGG games by Tetsuya Nomura, which is also supervising the game. The project started from the ashes of a canceled idea and is going to reuse assets and artwork created for the original project, now rebooted as a Ryu Ga Gotoku game set in the universe of one of the recent Final Fantasy titles. One of the subtitles that were considered for the western release was "(The) Rising Dragon" but Square has still not decided on it, so don't expect the official title to be announced next month.

The game was described as an action title that takes place mainly in the problematic district of a big city. The game won't feature high fantasy settings as they are working towards a grounded version of the yakuza adapted to the Final Fantasy world. The scenario is being worked on by the RGG studio from an original vision provided by Square.

The game is set for a late 2018 release in Europe at least, expect it to be worldwide. I think that's everything I know and that I'm not forgetting anything, if you have any question about what I said, I will try to answer.
>>
...what?
>>
So it's a FF game with Yakuza gameplay or a Yakuza spin-off in a FF setting? I don't get it
>>
How? This screams "Fanfiction.net's first crossover". The settings of FF and Yakuza don't even mesh together.
>>
Oh, I forgot to comment on the plaftorms. It's coming to Xbox One and PS4.

>>382360082
It's a Final Fantasy game with Yakuza gameplay. The story is set in the world of one of the modern FF titles but the gameplay and style is taken from the Yakuza games.
>>
that's one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard in my entire life
>>
File: versus.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
versus.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
>>382360394
>>
My guess is that this is either the rebooted version of the FF7 Before Crisis (the mobile game with the Turks) adaptation Nomura wanted to make a few years ago to make way to the first episode of the FF7 remake or a prequel? to FF15 but I don't know how it would work if it's not set entirely in Lucis and all the yakuza imagery was dropped from that game
>>
File: Yakuza -1.webm (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza -1.webm
1MB, 320x180px
>>382359659
>that guy who keeps making fake Yakuza rumor threads
>>
>>382359659
Final Fantasy XV: The Rising Dragon, a prequel to XV set in Insomnia in which you play as a member of a yakuza organization trying to take down Regis' inept forces from the city. The story adapts Nomura's original version for Versus and it ends with the invasion.

>just picture it
>>
>>382359659
Hopefully this would make FF plot not shitty as the recent titles

Yakuza team is great when it comes to character development
>>
>>382359659
So Versus XIII?
>>
>>382360394
>Yakuza
>Xbox One
would've been more believable if you said pc ffs
>>
>>382360394
>The story is set in the world of one of the modern FF titles
:rolls eyes: *siiiiign*
>>
>Nomura
>supervising the game

Fake, he's busy as fuck with KH3 and VII
>>
>>382361651
Ehh, I don't think so since that was canceled way back and the information I had is that Square decided to handle the development of this game to the RGG team last year since the game was not progressing well internally and they didn't want to cancel it just yet.

>>382361742
To be fair, that's for Europe (and I assume for America too), I don't know if it's launchin in Xbox in Japan too. Probably not, but stranger things have happened.

>>382362006
His role is not as prominent as those titles, think Dissidia NT or the chibi FF game that launched last year.
>>
File: 1439864516485.jpg (107KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439864516485.jpg
107KB, 640x480px
>>382360394
>You are a gang member in Insomnia before the fall
>You go around populated Insomnia smuggling and doing gangsta shit
>probably get to kidnap Noct

yes, Yes, YEs YES! I never wanted something so much
>>
SUCH BEAUTIFUR EYES
>>
I don't know about y'all, but if the characters are the Yakuza protagonists with classy Nomura clothes and the actual story is written by the Yakuza 0 staff, count me the fuck in. This could be the best FF title released this generation.
>>
File: thisisfine.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thisisfine.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>382362858
>any FF beating best waifu's game
>>
File: 7dujsna.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
7dujsna.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
Will it have Yakuza's best feature?
>>
>>382363085
You can probably fuck her in this game since Iris is totally the type of slut who would work part time as a hostess or telephone club girl.

Forget that, imagine the Aranea videotape. Phew.
>>
File: 1498649455112.jpg (34KB, 427x300px) Image search: [Google]
1498649455112.jpg
34KB, 427x300px
>mfw they bring back yakuza 1 and 2's writer
>>
>>382359659
>Come back to this thread in a few weeks
Yeah sure *wink*

>Game will be formally announced in late august and september

Yeah yeah we totally believe ya...
>>
File: Bullshit.jpg (210KB, 1327x344px) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.jpg
210KB, 1327x344px
See you in a few months faget
>>
>>382359659
This is a load of shit but I wish it wasn't.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.