[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why you won't get a SNES Classic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_1507.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1507.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
>No we don't have any SNES Classics.
>No I won't look in the stock room for you.
>No I don't know when we're getting more in.
>My store only got three units and I bought them all and put them all up on eBay

This is basically going to be the story across the country.
>>
>>382356832
>>My store only got three units and I bought them all and put them all up on eBay

If I found out about WalMart employees doing this, I wouldn't even be mad. Those people need all the supplement income they can get.
>>
>>382357172
GameStop fags at my local store openly told me they did this.
>>
>Tfw I got my NES Classic because a friend of mine at Gamestop looked out for me

If it helps, I could have gotten one at Toys R Us first, but an elderly lady at my job wanted one, so I decided to get it for her. It was the last one.
>>
>>382356832
Does anyone care? Its just an overpriced emulator box. No one actually wants to own one, right?
>>
>>382357574

hue hue hue hue
>>
File: IMG_1508.jpg (285KB, 1600x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1508.jpg
285KB, 1600x902px
>Silly Anon, of course we don't have the SNES Classic!
>Pre-Orders all went to store employees.
>My boyfriend and I bought two, one to play and one to sell!
>We're having so much fun with it!
>Aww, so sorry you didn't get one.
> Perhaps you'd be interested in some shitty used pc games?
>>
>>382357574
>Hurr /v/ is the only audience that exists
>>
File: C118o9SUUAA828X.jpg (48KB, 592x400px) Image search: [Google]
C118o9SUUAA828X.jpg
48KB, 592x400px
Mom and Pop game store in my town was doing this with Switch.
Claiming they never got any in but would sell every single one they got at a $100 upcharge on craigslist.
So I just went to Target and I wont shop at that store again.
>>
>>382357360
It's not difficult to do, especially when the managers does it along with you and someone else. I made a killing in college from amiibos for Ness and the Fire Emblem characters. We normally got in around 16 or so to put on shelves, but we each bought 4 and put 4 on shelves. I don't regret it at all.
>>
>Own a game store
>Ordered 40 SNES classic units
>Sell half on eBay for scalper price and the other half in my store for trade-ins along with the standard price

Feels good being jewish. Any idiot who'd pay for an emulator deserves to get fucked.
>>
>>382357172
Who's this semen demon?
>>
I work at Best Buy. My store was pretty "by the book" about the NES Classic Edition. I had to camp in front of the Best Buy the next town over to get mine. The cool thing is that as an employee, I know exactly how many units every store in the region will have, so I can determine the urgency of getting there early.
>>
>>382357974
Exactly this, especially when there are emulators that add 100x more games and for less cost. It's mostly middle aged nintendo fans that buy this up, and make the sympathy excuse of "why are you scalping, think of the kids!"
>>
>>382357974
No store anywhere was allowed to purchase 40 units, especially not some indie shit store
>>
>>382357980
I don't know some dude
>>
>>382358275
Have a (you)

Try harder next time
>>
>>382356832
Retards who can't buy hardware clone on aliexpress which plays all roms below PS2 deserve to be ripped off.
>>
>>382358192
My brother works for Best Buy. Is it true that employees weren't allowed to buy them at their own stores? Because that's kinda unfair.
>>
>>382358473
You're full of shit and you know it
>>
File: IMG_1510.jpg (44KB, 289x211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1510.jpg
44KB, 289x211px
>Hey look, this fag actually thinks he's going to buy a SNES Classic at our store!

>Bwahahahahaha!!!

>You came to the wrong neighborhood mother fucker!
>>
>>382356832
As someone who worked for Walmart in the past, I can honestly tell you it's the fault of a combination of two things.

First and foremost, of course, is the lack of supply. But an almost equally big factor is the fact that there is a buyer (whether just for Electronics or for the business as a whole) who orders the entire supply the entire retail chain will carry and then designate how much of the stock goes to which stores.

It is genuinely almost never the fault of the individual people working in the stores. In fact, it usually pisses them off just as much as it pisses off the customers.
>>
>>382356832
>Buying stuff in local stores other than food
Internet is a thing.
>>
File: Minami-ke_S1_E08_06m_57s.png (358KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Minami-ke_S1_E08_06m_57s.png
358KB, 1280x720px
>brother wants a Switch
>check some sites
>Walmart updates with some units after closing
>head there in the morning as soon as they open
>ask some guy who brings in the manager
>"No, we don't have any in stock."
>"Could you check."
>"I know we don't have any."
>call the store while I'm still inside
>some lady answers and gets some teenager in electronics to check
>only takes like three minutes
>"Yeah, we got four in today."
>walk over and purchase
>leave a review shitting on the manager for being a lazy piece of shit
>>
>>382358614
Where's your citation? Oh that's right, you have none. And you obviously have no idea how many units Nintendo allotted to each game store.

We were given the choice of taking an upwards of 100 units, but Nintendo and whoever delivers them gets a higher percentage the more you buy; so it prevents smaller stores from scalping them all and taking a large amount from their inventory.

But by all means, tell me how I run my business.
>>
>>382358528
Hard to say, actually. I don't think that policy was put out to us, but I recall fellow associates saying that as an employee, I should probably try to line up at a different store. I was relatively new to Best Buy when the NES Classic went up for sale.
>>
>>382359237
Where's your citation, Goldberg?
>>
File: 1444870593284.png (379KB, 494x343px) Image search: [Google]
1444870593284.png
379KB, 494x343px
>paying to emulate when free emulators exist

feels good to not be a fucking idiot
>>
>>382356832
>No I won't look in the stock room for you.

The stock room isn't a magical Nintendo bullshit eliminator. They deliberately make too few and release them too slowly to drive up interest in the games. Also if you have never owned a business you don't ever know when a specific item is coming in. You put the order out and shipments come in regularly but one specific item is not trackable. Nintendo's distributors do not have a set schedule.
>>
>>382359237
>Nintendo and whoever delivers them gets a higher percentage the more you buy

This has never been and will never be the way economies of scale work.
>>
File: When You Covet That Wind.jpg (291KB, 595x587px) Image search: [Google]
When You Covet That Wind.jpg
291KB, 595x587px
>>382356832
I got a NES mini. I'll get the SNES classic to.

Yes, I know and have downloaded plenty of roms in the past. No, I don't care that you're a poorfag that wants to cry about Nintendo.
>>
>>382358528
It all depends on management. Majority of Best Buy's will likely not let you, but the one I worked at was also into gaming and let employees who worked that morning buy whatever new release before opening. Granted I worked at a Best Buy in Lubbock, Texas, so it was only me, the manager, and one other employee that actually do it.
>>
The majority of you little shits weren't even born when the SNES was even a thing.
>>
>>382359042
>Not buying your food online too
>He doesn't have a diet consisting of Van Holten's Hot Pickles and Gatorade Frost
>>
>>382360041

>tfw you grew up in a genesis household and were jealous of your cousins who had SNES
>>
>Why you won't get a SNES Classic
I bought a raspi years ago and put a dozen emulators with every game for their respective console on it.
Cost me less, and I'm not a fucking stooge falling for the hottest new trick by nintendo to make bank selling shit that has been free for over 2 decades.
>>
>>382358749
I wish all target reps were this fuckable. The only commercial I've seen with true to life employees who are models is Emirates flight attendants.

Anyway, like anyone in retail has enough money to buy multiple SNES classics.
>>
>>382360170
>LOOK AT ME GUYS, I EMULATE! PWNED!!!

sure is 1999 over here
>>
>>382357574
I'm sorry you're too young to care
>>
>>382360360
Clearly we need a little bit more 1999, and a little less "oh boy take all my money corporations, nostallllgiaaaa~~~!" 2017 bullshit.
>>
File: wtfreading.png (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wtfreading.png
19KB, 200x200px
>>382360360
>look at me guys, I'm too stupid to emulate so I had to pay for an emulator
>>
>>382360578

You hear of this Eminiem guy? His tracks are pretty phat, dawg. I like listening to him while I'm watching DBZ on Toonami and playing Soul Calibur on my brand new Dreamcast!
>>
>>382360696
>he doesn't already have Super Nintendo emulation on every single electronic device in his house

poorfag detected
>>
>>382360360
>LOOK AT ME GUYS, I EMULATE!
Yes, that's what someone with a mini does too.
>>
>>382356832
Walmart doesn't have a stock room.

What's in the store is their inventory. It's part of how they cut costs.
>>
>>382357360
gamestop allows it so long as there are enough to allow walk-ins. My local GS got 20 NES classics on launch and each employee working the first shift were allowed 1 so long as the signage was updated before 3AM
>>
I told myself "Alright everytime I see one for pre-order I'll pre-order one". Now I have 6 pre-orders. I'll eventually just cancel all but one probably, I can't be arsed to resell these for spare change. I mean if they would sell for like 300 bucks I'd do it but I don't really believe anyone buys this junk for that much.. people put them on sale for that much, sure. But no one buys them.
>>
>>382361107
Stockroom at this point is just a metaphor for the loading dock. Almost no major retailers keep overstock in the back anymore.
>>
>>382361107
>Walmart doesn't have a stock room
Yes they do.
>>
>>382357574
Stupid retarded people that do not want to be rich do not care about them, yes. Like you.
>>
>>382359237
Quit LARPing you faggot. No one believes you.
>>
>>382356832
I'm going to buy half a dozen and sell them for $200 each. Get out your wallets, Nintenbros.
>>
>>382361107
Almost every walmart has a backroom that is fucking jam packed with overstock just sitting on the shelves and on pallets because they don't have enough workers to stock everything.

>worked at walmart during nes classic release
>employees not allowed to buy any from the first shipment
>we only got one shipment
>during big sales like black friday we had to leave the store then come back in at the end of the line if we were working that night.

Fuck that place
>>
>>382356832
>All this autism over a dressed up Rasberry Pi with a shitty emulator and 22 ROMs that they downloaded off of emulator sites, of which they force a takedown of ALL OF THE ROMS because fuck you
>They spent a total of 40 dollars making it
>They're charging 80 bucks for a limited release
>scalpers making way the fuck more money
Nintendo hates all of you.
>>
File: IMG_1496.jpg (79KB, 800x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1496.jpg
79KB, 800x519px
>>
>>382361729
So I should be angry at gamestop employees buying them and selling them because that makes it harder for me to buy and sell them?

Nice closed loop you have there.
>>
>>382361961
>baawww i cant get the thing i probably dont even want cause i can download it all these games right now
faggot
>>
>>382360343
I used to work at target in my early twenties. Banged maybe 4 cashiers. They were all smoking. Went there this week and its all multi cultural hogs and snoody looking old bitches. I heard the benefits arent as great as they used to be.
That job was killer back in the day. I was in the best shape of my life as a cart attendant.
Anyways kids, back to your videogames.
>>
I'm only buying one to scalp it.

$300 USD
>>
>>382361998
No you asked why anybody would care about them, and I told you, you can make a shitload of money off of them.
>>
>>382356832
At the end of the day they're still retail fucksos makin 9 dollars an hour, maybe 10.
>>
>>382359671
It's not an economy of scale when they're cashing in on a deliberately undersupplied and overpriced piece of junk.
>>
>>382362017
>Salty butt hurt.
>>
>>382356832
I've already got mine, suck my dick
>>
It'll never happen, but it would be awesome if Nintendo released a limited stock so all the scalpers would lap them up, then release a huge stock to flood the market a few days later.
>>
>Tfw I have an original SNES
What's the appeal in someone like me buying this? If I want to play games I don't own, I can either emulate or buy an Everdrive. If I want to play on an HD TV without it looking like shit, I can invest in some kind of upscaler and new cables. I guess it has a """""complete""""" version of Star Fox 2?
>>
>>382362485
Simple. You're not the target market so there's no reason to pander to you.
>>
Like 3 people have told me they're buying this shit and I just tell them they can play all that shit for free and link them to one of a million online emulators, eg http://emulator.online/snes/
Don't let anyone buy this shit, it's industry cancer, as if hd rehashes weren't bad enough now people have to pay hundreds of dollars for sub-hd rehashes.
If you support this you're against companies making original games. Help fight the good fight, teach the normies there are better options.
>>
>>382362747
>no true video game fan
>>
>>382362747
You can still buy old music and old movies. Why is it 'cancer' if people can buy old games?

Does the existence of old movies and music stop companies from making new movies and music?

Also, ur dumb.
>>
Wrong, OP.

they'll go to the stock room, they just won't look
>>
>>382362907
Old movies and music don't age like fucking dirt, graphics updating every year aren't intrinsically tied to most of their quality like with video games.
>>
File: 1455238376739.gif (4MB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
1455238376739.gif
4MB, 290x290px
>>382363078
>better graphics mean better games
>>
>>382356832
You can come to my target, anon. I won't scalp you (~*_*~)
>>
>>382363239
That's clearly what I said, clearly, I mean, we're both illiterate, we can see it right there.
>>
>>382363078
>Old movies and music don't age like fucking dirt,

If old games age like fucking dirt, then why are they a danger to your precious babby games?
>>
>>382361107

Walmart does have a back room, with bins that have merchandise in them, however its not something to be used as a room to hold items that will sell. An item is in the backroom only if:

>If there are too many to put on a shelf but not an item worth putting on feature
>It is time-sensitive and cannot be put on the shelf yet
>If its being deleted and pulled off the shelf, eventually it will go to claims once lazy employees get around to it I.E. when management tells them to
>If its the holiday season and the bin is being used to hold a customer's layaway
>>
Did Amazon already sell out of preorders? If they did that's a bad sign and Nintendo lied about increasing production.
>>
File: wahoo_intensifies.png (32KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
wahoo_intensifies.png
32KB, 808x805px
>>382356832
Pretty much
Watch Nintentards bend over backwards to defend Daddy Nintendo fucking them as always.

>I-I'll get it day 1. I'll be one of the people who gets at 60 it despite the massive shortages just like with the nes classic' launch. I'll be just like the other millions of people who will be fighting over less than 100K stock at launch. I won't be a cuck who spends 200 dollars on ebay. Really, I won't ;_;
>>
File: yippe_increases.jpg (55KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
yippe_increases.jpg
55KB, 621x621px
>>382357574
SHUT UP IT'S A GOOD DEAL
>>
File: IMG_1482.jpg (44KB, 236x413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1482.jpg
44KB, 236x413px
>>382364691
UK Amazon sold out almost instantly. And yes, Nintendo is lying.
>>
File: IMG_1472.png (399KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1472.png
399KB, 640x1136px
>>382365228
Already selling for $300
>>
Who cares about that shit toy? Leave that to normies who can't set up an emulator.
>>
>>382361961
it's worse than that: hate requires some level of emotional involvement, but Nintendo plain doesn't care whether fan shall live or die
>>
>>382361107
>Walmart doesn't have a stock room.

Yes they do

t. walmart overnight manager
>>
>>382365662
Nintendo doesn't give a fuck if the classics get scalped to amerishits they are xenophobic as fuck. They make sure to release more than enough in Japan though.
>>
>>382356832
This is why I vote for intrusive laws to ban these practices.
>>
>>382356832
If you want a small retro emulator, just get a raspberry pi and set up retropie.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.