[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /v/, I have felt completely empty inside since finishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: persona5.jfif.jpg (846KB, 1236x859px) Image search: [Google]
persona5.jfif.jpg
846KB, 1236x859px
Hello /v/, I have felt completely empty inside since finishing persona 5. Are there any other good games out there with similar social sim mechanics that allow me to feel like I have a group of friends and girls that love me etc? I have never played a VN or anything like it.
>>
Persona 3
Persona 4
>>
>>382356609
But I've already played them and don't feel like going back after how good persona 5 was in comparison,
>>
Witcher 3
>>
Pick up something else to fill the void.

This idea of trying to find a subsitute/copy of "thing you already liked" is almost always a fool's errand because in most cases it will just be inferior.

Better to just find something completely new that stands on its own merits.
>>
>>382356543
SMT Apocalypse is a good substitute. It's the best SMt to date gameplay wise as well. Story as vastly improved with a nice power of friendship theme and surprisingly good character development that I thoroughly enjoyed.
>>
>>382357243
This, OP. This is actual good advice.
>>
>>382356543
The Void by IPL, just like Persona it's a dating sim with actual gameplay elements.
Have fun.
>>
Don't worry, you'll see the gang again soon in Persona 5 Dancing All Night for the PS Vita.
>>
Go outside, OP

or

NG+
>>
I really liked P5 from beginning to end but it didn't have the impact on me that P4 had when I played it in 2008. Maybe because I was 18 at the time. Anyone else feel this way?

I replay P4 all the time but after finishing P5 I just don't feel like ever revisiting it. It was great fun. But just for one playthrough.
>>
>>382359886
P5 does a shitton of things better than P4, but I would still say P4 feels like a more complete and fufilling package.

P5 is just so uneven, despite the insanely long dev time it somehow still manages to feel rushed and poorly thought out at points.
>>
go to vndb and pick a vn lol
>>
>>382359886
I know what you mean
I played persona 3 and 4 a year and half before I got persona 5 on release
During and after playing 3 and 4 I had constant dreams about the characters and places in the game and felt like I had a connection with the characters,especially 3
But with 5 nothing really happened, I didnt cry or tear up at the credits
I beat the game in 9 days while with 3 and 4 I had spent a month with each, so maybe that's why
Or maybe I just grew up
>>
>>382361290
>despite the insanely long dev time it somehow still manages to feel rushed and poorly thought out at points.
Makes sense, really. Being in development that long, presumably going through some dev hell, at some point they'd just want to get it out regardless.
They can always spruce it up in the inevitable re-release.
>>
>>382361351
This. Go read Katawa Shoujo or some other babby's first VN with romance/dating elements while you're in the mood for it.
>>
>>382356543
Little Busters.
Do it for Musclebro.
>>
>>382361368
I had it especially bad with P4. Man, when those credits rolled and with that music, and the characters and their Persona appearing one by one, I genuinely teared up. But yeah, I was 18, I'd recently finished school and played it over the summer. I guess it was just a phase in my life where a game about high school and friends and forming bonds really struck with me. P4 will always have a special place in my heart because of that.
I also loved the setting. Inaba as a small, rural town was a great place to explore. I didn't really enjoy running around Tokyo in P5 because I've played so many games already set in Tokyo. Inaba felt unique, and it was great to have an adventure in a small town.

>>382361290
And yeah, P5 does many things a lot better than P4. Lots of QoL improvements on the gameplay etc. But it just didn't give me the same impact as P4 did. Like I said though, probably has to do with nostalgia and the place I was in way back when I first played P4.
P5 is a great game, honestly. But I guess I'm just old and jaded. I wonder if I'll ever feel the same way as when I played P4. I think it's all about time and circumstance. Perhaps if they ever do a Persona game with a cast of adult characters dealing with their jobs/relationships/mortgage I'd be getting the same emotional response but we all know that will never happen. JRPG's will forever star high school children, but we, the players, grow older.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.