[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megaman Zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 768ry37yrfh3iyue.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
768ry37yrfh3iyue.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
I saw a Megaman Zero a week ago here, and reminded me that i didn't finished Megaman Zero 4 even if i finished 1, 2 and 3. So i downloaded the Zero Collection and give it a shot.

The ending was better than expected, so can we have a discussion on the series?
>>
>>382350772
4 is garbage and should never have been made. The level design is just corridors and the story was extremely uninteresting.

1, 2 and 3 are all superb though, although the difficulty balance is really fucked up. The games go from too hard to way too easy as you accumulate things like elemental chips, sub-tanks and health increases.

Zero should have started out with 50% more max health in each game, elemental chips should have been removed, and you should have been limited to only having 1 sub-tank. That would have made the games less off-putting to new players while preventing them from becoming laughably easy once you reach the second half of each game. I also think they should have just dropped instant-death spikes. Again they give you a Cyber Elf that does that, but it should have been like that from the start.
>>
>>382351656
I always saw Zero4 as X6, since their respective series was supposed to finish on the previous game, but well, wonders of Capcom.

And pretty much yes for the things you said.
>>
>>382350772
Who /ownthecompleteworks/ here?
I don't but I'm probably gonna buy it later this year. I forgot how much this series meant to me.
>>
Zero didn't deserve to die
>>
>>382351656
Well. Wouldn't the first Zero game be the hardest in that case?
>>
>>382351656
>>382352763
Zero 4 gave the story a good conclusion though. Sure, they could've just offed Weil with Omega at the end of 3, but not doing so and Weil's death requiring one more game let them build up to an impressive finale, in my opinion.
>>
>>382353924
Why's that?
>>
>>382354367
Well. I kinda jumped the gun without reading a bit. But 1 didn't have sub-tanks at least. Although that was kinda my mistake. I wish the Zero games had a better use for Cyber elves 4 was so close to getting it right.
>>
One of my favorite (sub) series. It started my current devotion for inti createa after capcom started to go to shit.

Gunvolt is my favourite current series, although I miss the weird animal inspired designs from Mega Man, Im not a fan of lolis and shotas, but I digress

>>382351656
I agree about 1 being weirdly unbalanced, but I think 2 and 3 are balanced by the incentive to get good ranks to get the extra skills vs play cheap using rank tanking elves and shit. I think the problem is that the game does a poor job at informing you about all this, you either read a guide beforehand, slowly figure it out through many playthroughs, or simply play the whole game missing all its options and content

4 is weird. Feels tottaly dettached from the rest of the series except from the final battle. The level design (or lack off) is weird too, its the only one of the series that made me think it wasnt designed for a small screen size since theres many stage hazards and enemies that attack you away farther than you can see them...
Feels like it lacked testing and polishing.
>>
Are the Zero games actually good? Did they deserve getting Drama CDs and a giant artbook filled with expanded backstory and retcons?
>>
File: 1494456530532.jpg (311KB, 1280x1857px) Image search: [Google]
1494456530532.jpg
311KB, 1280x1857px
>>382355367
Games are good, I dunno about all the lore, though I do find it interesting. It also got a manga series.
>>
>>382355661
>. It also got a manga series.
We don't talk about that anon.
>>
>>382353417
did he really die?

>>382350772
the art style is really something
very distinct
though I can't say I'm a fan of the diapers
>>
>Zero games are hard
Would you stop this? They are all piss easy action games. Admittedly, the series got easier over time, but it started out only as a slight challenge.
>>
File: Omega.png (379KB, 655x745px) Image search: [Google]
Omega.png
379KB, 655x745px
>>382355753
I've never been one to deny things that happened. Like Dragon Ball GT. It happened and no one can say otherwise.

>>382355823
They wanted to stop at 3, but Capcom told them to make another game, so Inti Creates killed him off at the end of it (or at least heavily implied that he's dead as fuck).
>>
File: 20170630_115359.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170630_115359.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I bought the collection a few months ago, remembering the first game from when I was a kid, and how damned hard it was + being so bad at it. I wanted to give it an other go, but I still suck at it. How do I get good? Somehow i think i got worse, I know i got farther in it as a kid then i could bother too now.

You guys suggest I just skip 1 and go back to it? I heard it was harder, or at least more unforgiving
>>
>>382356191
how is 1 hard?
>>
>>382355951
>Zero games are hard
No one here stated that. They are entertaining, but stating that they're easy/hard felt more as a subjective statement IMO. What could be easy for a avid "gamer", could be hard for everyone else.
>>
>>382355951
Name a hard action game.
>>
File: 1466911635853.jpg (734KB, 1420x1420px) Image search: [Google]
1466911635853.jpg
734KB, 1420x1420px
>>382350772
Are 3 and 4 worth playing?
>>
>>382356191
As with all Zero games, it's hard for the first 2 levels and then gets much easier as you get more health and the elemental chips. The first boss is literally the hardest thing in the game.
>>
>>382357039
3 is extremely worth playing, it's the peak of the series and has am amazing ending.
>>
>>382357039
3 is my favorite game in the series and is very much worth playing at least once.

4's okay too.
>>
Can we all agree that the rolling saber slash is the most useless attack in the history of videogames?
>>
>>382357552
It helped for some enemies that were too close from an edge and ceilings, but beyond that, Yeah.
>>
>>382355367
The lore is nice, but is a secondary aspect of a game. Just like a good game should be.
>>
They should remake the Zero series. Like Maverick Hunter X, but in reverse, put it on a home console instead of a portable.

And put in that Zero fight in Z3 with the X design.
>>
>>382351656
>the level design is just corridors

>Titanion's stage
>Mandrago's stage
>Popla's stage
>Minotaur's stage

Am I being rused? That's half the starting boss stages which have vertical areas, wide open areas, shifting blocks, magnets, and so on. There's some more linear games but it's an action game.

Element chips were removed in 4 and enemies generally do less damage in 3 and 4. The subtanks don't really make it that much easier; that comes from elves which can stack to give huge HP bonuses. Using all the elves actually makes Z1 and Z2 really easy, people are just afraid of the penalties because of muh rank and whatnot. Which is why ranks were removed in ZX. But it sounds like you really just prefer hard mode being the standard. No element chips on the gun / saber (no charge attacks), usually reduced subtanks. And it has a fairly steady difficulty curve with all of the handicaps to Zero.
>>
>>382356191
Get familiarized with the controls and the movements you can do. That's the only advice i can give to you.
>>
To be honest I always thought this Zero looked a gazillion times better than he did in the X series.
>>
>>382358836
At first i didn't like it, he looked like a spoiled child. Then i didn't care.
>>
>>382359926
I can agree with this. At first I thought the design was horrendous but the damn thing kinda grows on you.
>>
>>382360460
LOL, horrendous, that's a funny word
>>
>>382355823
>did he really die?
Yes
Ragnarok explosion obviously destroyed his vital components (alongside his Control Chip), so he couldn't be revived as on X games. and IntiCreates decided to do so, so they wouldn't make more Zero gaims, for plot purposes i suppose. Although they did make ZX and Advent.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.