[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which prologue was better? The Tanker Mission, or Ground Zeroes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: mgs23.jpg (57KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
mgs23.jpg
57KB, 960x544px
So which prologue was better? The Tanker Mission, or Ground Zeroes?
>>
>>382343871
tanker, by far
>>
tanker was kino
>>
File: nGuy9H2.jpg (97KB, 1558x1178px) Image search: [Google]
nGuy9H2.jpg
97KB, 1558x1178px
how is that even a question nigga, tanker mission was in a really cool setting and set up everything
ground zeroes you just run into some base and grab some kids then run out, and it's in a fucking desert like the rest of MGSV. the only possible argument for Ground Zeroes is that the Tanker was misleading letting you play as Snake instead of gay-ass Raiden
this is coming from an admitted plebe who gave up on all the MGS games except V
>>
>>382343871
Tanker is still the GOAT. I never get tired of it.
>>
>>382343871
Ground Zeroes, hands down. The Tanker is like 3 corridors and two big rooms.
>>
>>382343871
Ground Zeroes. So much more you can interact with and many more mission objectives. If MGS V had a dozen of these style of bases as "level" areas to punctuate the open world parts and was actually completed, it would have been game of the decade
>>
>>382344791
But it did. Main Soviet base, that village from where you had to extract three officers in Afghanistan, and that power plant thing, and the air base in Africa were pretty good.
>>
>>382343871
i dont remember MGS2 being spit into two and forcing players to wait over a year for the rest of it fueled by nothing but pipe dreams and THIS GOTYAY trailers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tttPT68nGL8 only to experience one of the the biggest let downs in video game history. leading some retards to actually postpone their suicide or enact upon it. and just the sheer amount of hype that surrounded it with all its memes and dreams. so no. the tanker was not by any means better. but it was still pretty good
>>
>>382345280
The Airbase was broken as fuck. You could literally walk in from the behind, and grab the objective right away.
>>
I have no idea what you are talking about. Virtuous Mission is clearly the best prologue mission in the series
>>
>>382345280
The areas you listed were not very complex, usually consisting of a freestanding building or two and a bunch of walls or varied terrain. There were no true indoor areas. The "power plant thing" (I think it was an oil derrick or something) was a pretty straightforward single-level complex with a catwalk on top as well.

But, more importantly, your objectives were always the same: infiltrate, find intel, extract someone.

Ground Zeroes had different objectives and even actual set pieces (like where you use the helicopter's guns to blast your way in). I appreciate that MGS V was more open in its design and allowed that sandbox feel of screwing around with the game's systems, but it really could have used some more directed sequences. You sort of see it in, e.g., the fight where you have to douse the fire guy with the water tanks, but there's so few moments like this. also the fights with the skulls were all stupid
>>
>>382345540
Virtuous Mission is like 3 empty areas that don't really ease you into the new mechanics. IMO it's the worst opening to the MGS game from gameplay perspective.
>MGS
>gameplay
>>
>>382345654
The fucking Skulls.
Extreme Metallic Archaea was borderline broken.
>>
>>382343871
Let's not even take into consideration the fact that tanker was 'free' and GZ was a 40 buck tech demo where you're defeated by a snuke in a girls sniz

Tanker is still far and away better, how is it even comparable?
>>
File: 1441841542366.png (621KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1441841542366.png
621KB, 1200x675px
>>382343871
Ground Zeros is without a doubt one of the best intros in gaming history, you cannot deny how amazing the opening is
>>
>>382346008
If by free you mean paying 60 bucks for ZOE, then yes.
>>
>>382345994
I didn't even bother with the "extreme" rehash missions. I felt I got everything I needed out of the game by the time I faced the Saelanthropus. Didn't feel the need to play rehash missions of the same content with slighty altered rules, especially with the stupid time/money online mobile game-style unlocking horse shit they were trying to sell that just got more and more annoying as you tried to unlock the high-level equipment.
>>
File: 264575-judge-dredd.jpg (63KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
264575-judge-dredd.jpg
63KB, 680x478px
>>382343871
I for one prefer the torpedo launch into Shadow Moses.
>>
>>382343871
Tanker, easily. But TPP was better than MGS2.
>>
>>382345654
The fight against the skull snipers us one of the best parts of the game if you don't cheese it.
>>
>>382347452
How? Is there any way to do it without just shooting them from across the cliff?
>>
>>382347661
It's basically a traditional MGS Sniper boss but with multiple targets. Slowly crawling through the area while keeping to cover to avoid their gunfire, while trying to find a spot where you can get a bead on them but none of them see you was intense as fuck.
>>
>>382348204
I've literally hid under one rock and let DDog mark them. It was so easy that I thought I've cheated.
>>
>>382349007
>if you don't cheese it
DDog is OP as fuck and everyone with a brain knows it.
>>
>>382348204
>kneel behind rock
>bait out shot by turkey peeking
>shoot them while they slowly cycle the chamber
>rense-repeat 3-6 times for each of them with no real risk of death
Riveting

I like mgsv despite its shortcomings but the end was a better sniper fight in erry way if it wasnt for the load screens.
>>
>>382343871
>no Virtuous Mission option
>>
>>382349471
I never said they were a better fight than The End. I said they were one of the best parts of the game. You're also ignoring that you don't know where they are the first time so positioning becomes risky unless you use DDog like a fag.
>>
I liked ground zeroes a lot more. In my opinion it had just the right amount of cutscenes without it becoming masturbatory. More replay value with the side missions and collectibles. Gameplay better fleshed out. Only cons really are "le open world" and not having a boss fight.
>>
>>382350215
Also guards in GZ are fucking blind.
>>
>>382345280
I don't get the love for the air base, it's pretty easy and boring.
>>
>>382349661
>I never said they were a better fight than The End. I said they were one of the best parts of the game.
fair enough
>>
>>382351102
That's why its loved. Its easy to do everything.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.