[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

already dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 3

File: 56tyu8oio.jpg (736KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
56tyu8oio.jpg
736KB, 2000x1000px
what exactly went wrong?
>>
>>382343214
it's not fun. shame that good character design is wasted on this garbage game
>>
>>382343214
No content.
Shallow as fuck.

It is basically a Wii sport game on steroids.
>>
this is the lowest of the low tier bait

when did this place become so cancerous?
>>
>>382343214
Not much.

It's still selling decently and has a healthy amount of players online.

Might not exactly end up as a platform "evergreen", but it's likely to keep selling to new Switch owners.
>>
>>382343214
It desperately needs a turbo mode that makes it at least twice as fast, and enable it as a default. As is, it's a slow and boring punishfest, and I don't see how they can fix it otherwise.
>>
>>382343826
Anons just want to see other anons upset. That's all it's about anymore.
>>
>>382343214
I honestly don't know what you're expecting from this title. It screams meme game, and not one with lasting power.

I doubt many people are going to invest months into mastering this game, or even remember it once better switch games release.
>>
It was only ever meant to be a filler title before Splatoon.
>>
>>382343998

>make it faster
>blocking is pointless due to how slow it is
>Ribbon Girl becomes higher tier than she already is
>suddenly rushes are nigh unblockable

You don't know shit anon.
>>
Nintendofags have to meme up every Nintendo title as being the greatest thing ever. Expect the same shit for Mario XCOM when that flops
>>
>>382344073
ok but with childish lies like that? the fact that these threads get replies tells you that this place is truly the biggest shithole on the internet
>>
>>382343826
Hownu.ru
>>
>>382343214
>what exactly went right?
fixed
>>
>>382344168
I'm not so sure. Nintendo seem to be taking this whole entry into eSports somewhat seriously in their own retarded way.
>>
>>382344146
But have you played it?
>>
>>382344259

>shitting on Kingdom Battle because LE RABBIDS XD

y u no like rts anon?
>>
>>382344169
Speed up everything including blocking but excluding rushes. Delete rushes altogether, they're stupid, replace with supermoves with unique animations and different activation mechanics (for example, some will need to grab to activate it, some will need you to punch someone blocking, and so on). Springman can keep rush but automated and punishable instead of "epileptic shock experience". Nerf Ribbon Girl damage in turbo mode.
>>
>>382344750
this thread is full oh shitposters. report and move on
>>
>>382344664

we'll see when Splatoon 2 comes out.
>>
>>382343214
>No campaign
>Nothing to unlock outside additional arms
>The modes outside 1v1 are fun once or twice
>Barely any story or lore inside the game for people to care about the characters
>Kid Cobra is broken
>Snake Park and Ramen Bowl should be banned from Ranked
>>
>>382344664
I wouldn't say they're taking it seriously. They set up tournaments as advertisements without any prize pool or anything. They're also forcing it onto multiplayer games without those games actually being worthy of a competitive scene. Basically Overwatch, but without the money.
>>
This game was the weirdest thing ever. It played almost like For Honor (not sure why considering for honor bombed too), but really dumbed down.
The problem there being it suffers from the same shitty balance as For Honor and play style options are limited so there's almost no replay value.
>>
>>382344826

>unique animations
>different activation mechanics

different arms already do that. again stop armchair patching like you fucking know anything. you want a legit criticism i want addressed? GIVE ME A DEDICATED BLOCK BUTTON. Motion controls are fine as is but L3 is awkward as fuck. Let me customize that shit like 99 of all other fighting games.
>>
>>382345002
>money
haha, oh yeah, I'd forgotten that esports now are extra retarded.
>>
>>382345002
>They're also forcing it onto multiplayer games without those games actually being worthy of a competitive scene
The closest thing to a competitive-worthy nintendo game is golden eye, and even that was only played so religiously because there were no other shooters on the n64.
>>
>>382345265
Splatoon is objectively worthy of competitive play, and had a competitive scene happen naturally.
>>
>>382345073

>limited options

that's not the problem. the unlock system is. getting the arm you want for your character is randomly generated. that's 27 extra arms among 10 characters and DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON PLUS ARMS. There is no effective way to unlock specific arms for specific characters. It promotes grinding.
>>
>>382343826
When gamergate and trump election happened
>>
>>382345213
99% of fg games font have block button yoi scrub

Just kidding, but anyway, who the fuck thoug oressing the stick for blocking is a good idea? Are there buttons unused?
>>
>>382345385
Nobody would give a shit about splatoon if it wasn't nintendo exclusive, and it's of lower competition value than garbage like tf2 and overwatch.
You want a good casual as fuck cartoony f2p-tier third person shooter? go play plants vs zombies guarden warfare. Same game, but better with more to do, more content, more classes, and more interesting abilities, and I've never heard anyone call it anything other than "never heard of it" or "casual garbage" as it deserves to be.
>>
>>382345213
Legit this.
Nintendo thinking it's okay to place any fucking thing on the stick clicks is the worst thing I have experienced from their side in recent years.

It's dreadful in Zelda as well when a battle gets hectic and suddenly Link is slav squatting at snail pace.
>>
>>382343214
slow combat
slow weapons are useless
blocking is pointless
he most common tactic online is wait for them to attack so you can counter attack
motion/grip controls are terrible as fuck, while being the most advertised. switched to default controller mode and gameplay was x100 times better

Bought on release, then got a refund to put down on Splatoon 2
>>
>>382345213
I mean grab-like animations, out-of-gameplay. Some will have a super-grab doing 300 damage as a super, some will have a block punish, nobody will have a "do a brazillion punches and miss all but two unless you're playing against a good Helix in which case you just miss all of them".
Dedicated block would be nice, though.
>>
>>382343214
It's a kid's game, no one cares about it on /v/ except for nintenbros.
>>
>>382344281
>ok but with childish lies like that?
That's pretty much the best way to get (You)s, if you make a thread about a game without some inflammatory shit in the OP the thread will probably just die with zero replies
>>
>>382343214
It's not Metal Arms 2.
>>
>>382345602
See I have the opposite problem and its STILL shit. I don't accidentally click down the stick but clicking down a stick in general feels completely unergonomic and awkward. Map it to a fucking button god damn it.
>>
>>382345574
>and it's of lower competition value than garbage like tf2 and overwatch.
Why?
>>
>>382345574

>using Plants vs. Zombies as an example of "thing that is good without needing brand recognition"

nigga you know that Plants vs Zombies was a massive thing before Garden Warfare right? Bad example.
>>
>>382345574

>Overwatch

You mean the game that only got a rabid fanbase because Blizzard drones will eat anything they shit out?
>>
>>382343214
I can understand why people might not be sold on this game, especially if it's someone who doesn't care for fighters. I was like that, but I've really enjoyed playing this game. Part of the reason there isn't a lot of discussion is that there's not a lot to discuss at the moment; the meta is close to solved due to the low amount of content. On the flip side, they've already released 1 update, and new dlc is coming this month, hopefully accompanied with an announcement for the next one. I think the deciding factor on the games staying power is the amount and frequency of new content we see get added since the game is fundamentally enjoyable and has a lot of room for growth.
>>
>>382345574
As far as having perfect twitch reactions- maybe, your aim can be pretty loose because targets and bullets are both big (it compensates with no hitscan, though). However, Splatoon is a LOT faster paced than either of the games you mentioned, has more focus on movement mechanics and unintended advanced techs than pretty much any other shooter and is decently heavy on strategy.
>>
>>382345628
>>382345628

>slow weapons are useless
Weapons like Megaton and Umbrella are meant to counter peppering arms like the Party Popper and Revolver
>blocking is pointless
blocking punishes aggro faggots then get set up for a punch combo of your own or a grab. Not to mention characters like Ninjara and Mummy depend on blocking because of their quirks.
>>
>>382345665

>300 damage as a super

that would be ass as a super. Mummy already does 200 on a regular grab.
>>
>>382345854
>forced team-play, no 1v1, so noobs can always cry "it's my team's fault" or "I carried the team"
>rewards you for missing enemies
>objective based, kills are effectively meaningless
>lines are outright drawn on the map so you know what's safe and what isn't
>tiny simple levels
>few simple easy to use weapons
>third person
>>382345929
I'm not talking about their sales or brand recognition, I'm comparing their quality directly. PVZ:GW is casual bullshit of the lowest order, but it's still better than splatoon at everything that splatoon tries to do right.
>>382346002
No different than splatoon as I see it in that regard.
>>382346226
Splatoon's movement mechanics aren't anywhere near advanced, and if they were nintendo would ban everyone who made them advanced and nerf them down to the simplest stupidest form possible.
>>
Like every fighting game the online community has it's Kens and Captain Falcons that you have to wade past to find good matches

Looking at you Ninjara
>>
>>382346337
Considering 1000 health- not ass at all. You can have a fatslow Mummy that always does 200 or a fast slippery guy that can also do a 300-damage punish when needed.
>>
>>382343214
>the tech demo game is bad
who could have seen this coming
>>
>>382346524

>>382346524

>been playing online for at least 30 hours since I got ARMS
>only have seen one Byte and Barq and Helix respectively
>every other match is either Kid Cobra or Ribbon Girl
>>
>>382346262
>not playing spring or ribbon
thats a big problem there too
>>
>>382346474
>>forced team-play
Just like TF2 & Overwatch?
>>rewards you for missing enemies
Missed shots will get you killed same as any other game. You can't paint when you lose a duel.
>>objective based
Same as TF2 & Overwatch, how is this bad?
>kills are effectively meaningless
Dead players can't paint.
>>lines are outright drawn on the map so you know what's safe and what isn't
Okay?
>>tiny simple levels
This is being expanded upon in the sequel. I don't understand how this makes for a bad competitive game.
>>few simple easy to use weapons
In what way?
>>third person
So?
Have you actually played the game?
>>
>>382346629

>giving a fast character like Kid Cobra or Ribbon Girl an insta-fuck you Super Grab that is also unblockable

fuck right off with that
>>
>>382346846
I don't think a fighting game exists where there is a relatively even balance of players for each fighter

Maining Hakan in SF4 was fun cuz no body knew what to do against me.
>>
If Nintendies don't hype out every title released on the Switch, the other platforms will bully them for their NOGAMES

Everyone who played the Testpunch realized it was lacking and definitely not a full priced title.
>>
>>382346474
t.someone who never played Splatoon for more than 15 minutes
>nerf them down to the simplest stupidest form possible
Considering that we've seen a lot of Splat1's techs both in Spla2n's testfire and E3 tournament- not this time.
>>
>>382346849
>Just like TF2 & Overwatch?
Also casual as fuck games
>Missed shots will get you killed same as any other game
Except deaths are meaningless so that's fine.
>You can't paint when you lose a duel.
Why ever duel in a non 1v1 game, that's retarded.
>Same as TF2 & Overwatch, how is this bad?
Objectives are the bronze medal at the special olympics, they exist for retards who can't get kills to feel good about undeserving victory. But worse than overwatch or tf2 there's no level progression.
>Dead players can't paint.
Neither can noobs who are shooting at players.
>I don't understand how this makes for a bad competitive game.
Simple games for simple minded people = bad competitive games.
>>382347091
t. someone who buys nintendo games and never opens them but praises them regardless.
I'm not reading your shitpost.
>>
>>382346849
The optional gyro controls are something that should be an industry standard for all shooters by now. It feels so good in Splatoon and it will feel great in Prime 4 as well.
>>
File: IMG_4219.png (64KB, 1229x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4219.png
64KB, 1229x416px
>>382343826
>>
>>382344664
It's not esports.
It's just justifying the paid online next year.
>>
>>382347218
>Also casual as fuck games
Only arena shooters are worth playing 1v1. Every other type of shooter is better as a team.
>Except deaths are meaningless
No? Dead players aren't painting, dealing damage, or scoring an objective.
>Why ever duel in a non 1v1 game, that's retarded.
You can't paint while dead.
>Objectives are the bronze medal at the special olympics
t. TDM babby
Have you actually played Splatoon?
>>
>>382347416
>Every other type of shooter is better as a team.
So hardcore shooters are better 1v1, and casual shooters are better as a team?
Who the fuck would have thought that team-driven shooters are casual garbage?
>No? Dead players aren't painting, dealing damage, or scoring an objective..
>You can't paint while dead.
Being dead is only as ineffective as shooting at other players, either way you're not accomplishing the goal so you're wasting time.
>>
>>382347667
>Being dead is only as ineffective as shooting at other players, either way you're not accomplishing the goal so you're wasting time.
Okay, seriously, have you not played this game? How exactly do you expect to control an objective when other players are present on it? You kill other players to remove them from the objective.
>>
>>382347667
Killing enemy players makes them explode into your ink and takes that player out of the game to give you time to paint even more, so it is pretty effective. What games do you play anon? Why are you dodging my questions?
>>
>>382347667
You've never played the game, that much is obvious.
>>
File: 1356592354856.png (630KB, 672x537px) Image search: [Google]
1356592354856.png
630KB, 672x537px
>on a win streak
>headlok battle
>paired with scrubs
>>
>>382347218
>deaths are meaningless
Ten seconds of downtime when a match is 5 minutes is gnarly. The entire reason current Splatoon meta is heavy in Quick Respawn and why it gets a heavy nerf in Spla2n.
>why ever duel
See above.
>neither can noobs
Nope. You ink the same whether you shoot someone or not. And whenever you kill someone, you get a massive puddle of ink.
>simple game
It's baisically a MOBA fused with a platformer, given a gun and put on crack, not a shooter. As a shooter, it's meh. As a MOBA fused with a platformer, given a gun and put on crack it's both excellent and one of its kind.
>never opens them
Am perpetual S-ranked player. I should know how it works.
>>
>>382348191
How is Splatoon anything like a MOBA?
>>
>>382348289
I presume he's referring to the focus on objectives, though I'm pretty sure those have been in shooters since a bit before such a genre even was in its infant stages.
>>
>>382348431
I don't believe that.
>>
>>382347810
Shoot around them and gain territory victory as usual noob, how can you people praise splatoon as being competitive while being complete shit at it.
>>382347837
>Killing enemy players makes them explode into your ink and takes that player out of the game to give you time to paint even more
Less so than a solid second of just shooting terrain, and it opens you up to get splatted too.
>so it is pretty effective.
Sure if you don't bother to do the math and just work completely off asinine assumptions. The opposite of competition-thinking.
>What games do you play anon?
Right now? Quake champions, hitman, unreal tournament, grim dawn, tekken 7 and endless space 2.
>Why are you dodging my questions?
God help me if you're really stupid enough to wonder "hmm, why is this guy not falling for my 'you didn't even play splatoon' bait :("
I played it, now fuck off about it.
>>
>>382348554
>I played it
Prove it.
>>
>>382348431
Objectives and control. It really feels like a real-time strategy where you only play a single unit, which is baisically what MOBA is.
>>
>>382348734
Objectives and control have existed in shooters for as long as objective modes have.
>>
>>382348191
>See above.
You said it yourself, everyone runs quick respawn, and inking someone who's strafing between 2 inches of ground isn't an effective way to cover the map no matter how bad you are at math.
>platformer
Alright I'd love to here how you came to that assessment of splatoon. Moba I don't completely disagree with. But platformer? You've got some explaining to do.
>Am perpetual S-ranked player.
And I'm ranked 2nd in the world, cut the bullshit fanboy.
>>
>>382348554
You can't just gain a territory victory, you have to push the objective, which you can't do with enemy sitting on it. Unless it's Turf War, but TW IS Splatoon's casual mode, and for a good reason.
>>
>>382348624
>>I played it
>Prove it.
>he actually thinks I fell for the bait and now he doesn't need to come up with an argument on why splatoon is good or non-casual or competitive-worthy
Nice try, I told you I'm not falling for it.
Here let me crack open my brain and copy down the neurons that hold my memories of that game.
Fucking newfags.
>>
>>382348967
Turf war is still the best thing to come out of splatoon.
If you're talking about point control then just stealth roller everyone and gg no re back to playing the game.
>>
>>382348997
Oh, I see. You totally played it, but you lost your Wii U so you can't take a timestamped picture.
>>
>>382348554
>Shoot around them and gain territory victory as usual noob, how can you people praise splatoon as being competitive while being complete shit at it.
Great, except
>by not shooting people in splatzones, you won't be able to control the capture zones because they can just keep shooting over your ink to build specials, then they can kill you effortlessly and push freely
>if people couldn't shoot each other in tower control, the game would become a pure stalemate because players of opposite colors being on the tower at once will stall it
>you have to kill a player to make them drop the rainmaker, and they're invested in killing other players to defend themselves

Did you limit yourself to turf war or something?
>>
>>382348852
>mocks someone for alledgedly faking their S-rank
>doesn't know that S is literally half of the players because Ninty fucked up their maths lessons
Let me guess, you either never played ranked or got stuck in lower 60% which is A and below. Low-level Splatoon is pretty casual.
>>
>>382343826
the game is dead face it
>>
>>382349396
All of ranked is pretty casual. The game's matchmaking is pretty bad and you can only rank up in a mode that shouldn't be taken seriously in the first place(solo)
>>
>>382349103
>just stealth roller everyone
Aha. If you stealth, you don't paint, so you don't have ink to stealth in. It's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>382349121
I threw my wiiu in the dumpster because that's where it belongs. If you want a serious answer you aren't getting one so I'm just going to keep shitposting your shitposts on the side of responding to people who are using their fucking brains to post.
>>382349221
I'm not saying shooting people should be removed, I'm saying people who shoot other people are garbage at the game, casuals, scrublords, people who don't know what the fuck they're doing and praise themselves for carrying the team when they've gotten a sufficient amount of kills, or bitch that the team is terrible when their kills mean nothing.
I can guarantee an 80% win ratio in that game solo without ever actively seeking out people to kill, only killing in defense.
I know in general the game boils down to
>two teams zerg the point
>spray at eachother until one team is dead
>gg now we know who the better team is
But that's mostly just because zone control doesn't work in a game with mechanics designed around literally only turf war.
>>
>>382349628
It takes like 10 seconds to clear a point from engage stealth to roller wipe regardless of the number of enemies, and you shouldn't have to do that more than twice a round.
>>
>>382349523
I gave up on ranked once I got to like B I think, was too much stress knowing a bad day or some bad teamamtes would send me back down. Plus global match making means fighting laggers is all too common

Here is hoping Splat2 has regional
>>
>>382349523
It is the only mode that SHOULD be taken seriously, because no voice chat. Squads indeed make the game a bit shallow.
>>
no content
>>
>>382349737
That only works in low ranks.
>>382349650
You know that Zones isn't the only mode? There are also Fishdunk and Lunafest.
>>
Normies got bored of the nu-male fake esports genre.
>>
>>382343826
>state fact
>WOAH LE BAIT
>WOAH LE UNDEARGE
>WOAH LE LEDDIT
Every time
>>
>>382349650
>spray at eachother until one team is dead
this literally never happens in a match that is even slightly balanced, especially because most maps have more than a single point.

>I'm saying people who shoot other people are garbage at the game, casuals, scrublords, people who don't know what the fuck they're doing and praise themselves for carrying the team when they've gotten a sufficient amount of kills, or bitch that the team is terrible when their kills mean nothing.
Other than the fact that a player with high kills and low deaths is likely a better player and has contributed to a given ranked match by controlling territory well, I'm honestly not sure where you've seen people talk like this. On /v/? Reddit? Some other messageboard? People can't chat in-game.
>>
>>382350094
>Lunafest
I played Splatoon for the first time in a year yesterday, holy fuck the luna spam is unreal
>>
>go online
>always full lobbys
>dead
ok kid
>>
>>382349853
That's stupid.
>>
>Get rush
>Get life lead
>Can literally turtle for the rest of the match and win by timeout
When winning by timeout (or forcing a game-costing mistake due to low time) is a relatively common and effective strategy, that's not a fun game.
>>
>>382343214
>selling well
>active online
>dead
Woooow
>>
>>382343214
Shit game. Haven't even played it, but what i saw on Game Grumps make it so easy and stupid.
>>
>>382350229
Prove it's dead
Oh wait you can't, I get a new match every 5-10 seconds
>>
I'm at rank 9 now, the game is fun but offense is way less favorable than defense/reaction.

You can pressure, but it usually ends badly.
>>
>>382352542
Prove it's alive.
Oh wait you can't I get a new match every 25-40 minutes
>>
>>382353132
Sorry but you made the claim, you have to prove it
Hell, prove you own the game for starters
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.