[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOTR Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1397.jpg (279KB, 1560x1264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1397.jpg
279KB, 1560x1264px
Elves are friends NOT food

>tfw no good Middle Earth open world RPG/Adventure game
>>
>>382336684
elves are for purging
>>
File: 1441675904948.jpg (97KB, 691x960px) Image search: [Google]
1441675904948.jpg
97KB, 691x960px
>you will never play a ranger in the north
>you will never wander around ruins, hunting bands of orcs in a huge empty wilderness which once thrived with human life
>you will never walk up to weathertop and look at the landscape all around, the mossy ruins and crumbling towers
>you will never go to bree and have a drink in the prancing pony
>you will never fight wights in ruins and help isolated villages

if there was a game where you played as a ranger, that had the same atmosphere and sad dreary tone of STALKER, showing the once great cities now crumbling, that would be my dream game
>>
Can a Tolkienfag write me up a comprehensive list on how these games shit on the lore? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>Open world

fuck off with this shit
>>
>>382337706
That actually seems really easy and obvious to make and it's kinda weird that they haven't.
They could literally just make a new world and use a lot of the same engines from Shadows and just make it less "go here and kill stuff!" and have it be slower and more exploration based.
>>
>>382337706

everything you described can be done in LOTRO
>>
>>382338159

>Creating another ring of power
>Celebrimbor being bound to random ranger to get revenge on sauron
>Celebrimbor created/modified the one ring
>Independent orc factions

The list goes on
>>
File: 1498349792704s.jpg (3KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
1498349792704s.jpg
3KB, 125x112px
>mfw there was a LOTR mount and blade style RPG in development back in 2007 that got canned to make a shitty forgettable lotr battlefront clone instead

If only

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_The_White_Council
>>
>>382338413
is it dead yetr
>>
>>382338423
The fact that a random nobody comes back from the dead.
>>
>>382338413
LOTRO doesn't have the empty, decaying feel that STALKER has, which would be great for the northern areas of LOTR.
>>
>>382338323
>it's kinda weird that they haven't.

I'm sure licenses are in the way of any decent company having a shot at it.
>>
>>382338540

surprisingly no, but the content they have released in the last 3 years is nothing compared to do previous ones
>>
>>382338986
But like even the company that made Shadows of Mordor it would be the effort of a DLC to make and they could see it as a totally different unrelated game.
>>
>>382339156

But muh cool powers
>>
The best game lotr games are The Two Towers and Return of the King.

>dat clip to cutscene to gameplay
>dat Path of the King
>>
File: frodo.jpg (45KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
45KB, 600x599px
>there is a whole island of people who speak like orcs irl
>>
>>382341898
Turkey isn't an island though
>>
>>382339156
Just do a FC3: Blood Dragon and make something crazy with what's available.
>>
>>382343534
Oh, yes exactly. That's exactly the kind of thing they could do.
>>
>>382338423
>No taters
>>
>>382345173

Biggest crime desu
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.