[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fighting Games & Shitters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (120KB, 250x262px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
120KB, 250x262px
>Fighting games should have different fun modes (story mode, co-op mode) to cater to casuals.
>If they don't, the game lacks substance and therefore, shouldn't have that high of a price tag

I'm so fucking tired of this argument coming from shitters who buys fighting games to not play them the way they were designed to be played. "Barebones" fighting games have that price tag because if you play them the way there are supposed to be played, they offer a lot of replay value... just like back in the arcades where the dedicated players spent much more than $60 by inserting quarters to play every day.

If you're too much of shitter to enjoy competition, don't buy the game, period. No one that hates grinding is going to buy an RPG or an SRPG like Disgaea and expect the game to have "other fun modes" to distract them from the real game, so why ask them for fighting games all the time? Seem like its only fighting games that gets this "not worth the price" treatment because of shitters dropping the game after a week because "it's not fun to lose online".
>>
You'll see no arguments on SFV's part at least.
>>
Fighting games should have these modes, because most fighting games don't have a very long lifespan. Why would I buy a 10 year old fighting game it's dead and only has a shitty arcade mode.
>>
>>382335327
To be fair, smash 4 was my least favorite simply because it had next to no single player modes.
Adventure mode goes a long way, as does break the targets/race to the finish/Land on the platforms
>>
>>382335327
Stfu autist kun
>>
>>382335697
when Smash 64 was the only one out, checking people's target stats was the way to see if they were actually good.
i miss those days.
>>
>>382335327
>If they don't, the game lacks substance and therefore, shouldn't have that high of a price tag

That's correct though. Fighting games get their money from charging for DLC costumes, colors, and characters. If it's just going to be versus, training, and a simple arcade mode with a season pass, then don't charge $59.99 plus tax for it. Besides, who are you to dictate what people enjoy or want from a game. Namco pretty much nailed what fighter's extra content should be with 6th gen a Tekken and Soul Calibur, but they should also have tested Soul Calibur 3 more.

You give casuals these modes and that's it, who cares if they drop it in a month afterwards? A much bigger sin is dumbing down the game for casuals while still lacking content because then both parties lose and we get garbage like SFV and Infinite where only sponsored pros care about it because they have to, otherwise they lose sponsorship.
>>
>>382335598
>because most fighting games don't have a very long lifespan

What's a "long life span" to you? To this day, I can find an online community for games like 3rd Strike, Skullgirls and MvC2 and they're all super old games. Of course, if you're referring to super niche games, it doesn't apply but it's still much more time than your typical 10 hours Triple A title that accumulates dust after you beat it. And yet, no one complains about paying $60 for these shitty fast food games.
>>
File: 2240720-seth.png (93KB, 379x337px) Image search: [Google]
2240720-seth.png
93KB, 379x337px
>>382335990
>If it's just going to be versus, training, and a simple arcade mode with a season pass, then don't charge $59.99 plus tax for it

Why not? That's what much older fighting games like SF2 and SF3 charged and they didn't have much content other than the standard stuff and no one complained back then. People are just spoiled at this point. They want to have an adventure mode, a story mode and a racing mode in their fighting games because they like the characters.

>Besides, who are you to dictate what people enjoy or want from a game.
I'm not trying to dictate but you have to realize that it's retarded to complain about not having a racing mode in a fighting game. I love Granblue Fantasy's characters, but I hate mobile/gacha games. Am I retarded if I buy it and then complain about the game not having a fighting game mode in it? Of course I'd be.

>Namco pretty much nailed what fighter's extra content should be with 6th gen a Tekken and Soul Calibur

The key word here is EXTRA. Meaning optional to the genre.
>>
>>382335327
>don't buy (fighting) game(s), period.
People are already doing that Anon, no need to write 2 paragraphs when you could've just said that.

Nostalgia games like MK/SF/Tekken and fanservice games like SSB and Injustive sell, the rest don't.
>>
>>382336070
All of those games you mentioned are dead. The only life support they have is a shitty third party arcade emulator that's buggy and the online doesn't work half the time.
>>
>>382335327
>Comparing home console games to the shitty arcade business model

That aside, people bitch because the bar was set too high during the 6th gen. You'd get shit like HSF2 and 3rd Strike in one complete package or every Alpha game for $40. Now you get to buy an inferior version of just SF2 for the same price.
>>
>>382337187
>3rd Strike Online (PS3)
>Marvel vs Capcom 2 (PS3)
>Skullgirls Encore (PC)

Stop posting any time.
>>
>>382337575
Meant to quote >>382337489
>>
>>382336931
>SF2 and SF3 charged and they didn't have much content other than the standard stuff

And the home version of those games didn't sell as well, especially the SF3 ones. Those games were kept alive by the arcades.
>>
>>382335327
A tournament player's $60 who only cares about training mode and online, isn't worth more than a casual player's $60 who wants single player content
>>
>>382336931
That was 20 years ago, anon. Times and expectations change. Its a fucking crime it took this long for fighting games to reach the point where you don't have to pay for updates anymore to get access to new characters and play with everyone else, and it was a western studio that started it. Not every fighter needs to have Injustice 2 tier budget for story mode or a side mode as expansive as Chronicles of the Sword, but give something to justify a full price tag that isn't just bloat.

For all that went wrong, SFV did have something good in that you could pay for characters with in-game currency. It was grindy but it did reward those who played the game. Unfortunately, that game was still SFV and even more unfortunately, that feature isn't returning for Infinite, but hey, a quick budget and forgettable story mode because that's what analysts say why SFV failed, not because of bad mechanics and shit DLC, but because it didn't have a budget story mode.
>>
>>382337663
>>382337575
I bet you haven't played either recently, because I have. And finding an opponent in 3rd strike takes 20 minutes. Skullgirls currently has 400 players on steam, which is a fucking joke.
>>
Also, in addition to OP:

>"The most important part of a game is the story mode."

Get the fuck out with that bullshit.
>>
>>382337673
SF2 sold extremely well on console while SF3 wasn't as popular because of the old cast not being present (aside from Ryu, Ken, Akuma and later on, Chun for that reason). It's not the price that dictated the sells for the game, just people's fear of change.

>>382337924
As if online ranked is any representative of the current playerbase. No one cares about Ranked Matches in old games, but if you go to forums/discord for those games, you'll find plenty of people willing to play on those platforms which was my main point. No one, however, is still playing that 2 years old,10 hours Triple A title that costed $60.
>>
Story mode is the last resort for a bad fighting game to last longer, but it never works.
>>
>>382337924
KoFXIV has a massive player base and it's impossible to find people online.

Great argument though, fag.
>>
>>382335327
>buys fighting games to not play them the way they were designed to be played

Because that way is fucking crap unless you pick the fighter with the biggest community (instead of the one you actually want to play) and live in a big city that's likely to have an offline scene, and not everyone is this lucky. So you can't blame them.

Fighters are flawed fundamentally, this is why they have arcade modes and singleplayers features, deal with it you autistic fucks
>>
>>382337741
I agree, what's your point here? A casual player shouldn't spend his $60 on a game just because "it looks cool". The genre is "fighting", not "fighting/adventure/action". Stop expecting an intense single player experience when it's not what's promised. It's not rocket science, ffs.

>>382337748
>the whole "time has changed" argument

Bullshit. Overwatch is one of the most acclaimed game despite being barebones and it has a full price tag. Why? People don't complain about Overwatch because they have fun playing the multiplayer every day. People that complain about fighting games are the shitters that don't have fun losing. The difference with Overwatch and fighting games is that one's co-op while the other one's 1v1, so it's lighter on the conscience when the shitter loses.
>>
>>382340217
>So you can't blame them.
Yes, I can. It's retarded to buy a game knowing you won't be able to enjoy the /main game/ (read: versus) close to 100% of the time. It's like buying a RPG knowing you're illiterate, it's a retarded decision.

Also, do you know what online is? You can play with people that also enjoy the game even though you're not close to each other. I've made friends online while playing Arcana Heart, for fuck's sake. If I really wanted to play, I could hit them up right now and start playing. Learn to socialize a bit, you psychopath.
>>
>>382340415
You're trying to justify a mistake with another mistake.

Yes, Overwatch is barebones. It's barebones just like SFV is. And i bitched about SFV the same way i bitched about Overwatch.
>>
>>382341751
That's only you, though. The majority praises Overwatch for what it is despite it being barebones.
>>
>>382335327
That sort of mentality is fucked up, OP.

It's not the people that needs to adapt to the games, the games are the ones that need to adapt. The product needs to please the market, and not the other way.

Fightans aren't the most popular genre anymore, and it will probably stay this way. 20 years has passed since the 90s, shit has changed and the genre needs new players to stay alive and grow.

When SFV was launched, i remember hundreds of retards with this bullshit:

>I love Street Fighter. I remember playing it at the arcades when i was a kid. I never really wanted to play against other people, i always wanted to play against the machine, but i-i still liked the game, i could beat everybody if i wanted. And now, with SFV, i don't like the game because you don't have many options to play against the machine.

It was usually a fat retard that didn't even knew how to do a cr.mk > hadouken, with this retarded speech.
But the thing is, those retards could have helped the playerbase to grow. If shit was done correctly in SFV, the fighting game community would have grown considerably.
That's the type of mentality you need to have. Shit needs to get bigger and attract new players, if a game is throwing new players off, it's never a good sign.
>>
>>382342932
>But the thing is, those retards could have helped the playerbase to grow
How so? These casual shitters comes and go and were never in for the long run in the 1st place. They want to consume fighting games the same way they consume they 8 hours action/adventure games. Play it once or twice and leave it there. I guess the only way they could help is financially (more games bought = more money).
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.