[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If they came to see me beg...they will be disappointed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Arbiter.png (908KB, 1268x666px) Image search: [Google]
Arbiter.png
908KB, 1268x666px
>If they came to see me beg...they will be disappointed
>>
how much uproar was there by fanboys over the fact that you play half the game as him?

I bought 2 when it came out and loved it and loved the Arbiter as a character, but I was only 12 at the time and not aware of the fanboy scene and how they responded

must've been more positively than MGS2 at least
>>
File: Halo 2.png (189KB, 1390x591px) Image search: [Google]
Halo 2.png
189KB, 1390x591px
>>382333412
The devs of Halo 2 went with the Arbiter plot knowing fans would be turned off by it. They make a few cracks at their expense in the Halo 2 commentary. Things like

>And here's where people who pressed A to skip this cutscene would be completely lost once they started playing as a covenant

https://youtu.be/sBi_xx26ClM?t=1364

For those who don't know, they've got Marty, the director of cinematics, and Halo 2's project lead commentating here.
>>
>>382333740
interesting stuff, this sounds comfy as fuck
wish more games did commentary
>>
Halo 1 and 2 were GOAT, 3 was decent because of those Terminals, I forget the name. Reminded me of Marathon. Rest are irrelevant.
>>
>>382334561
There's a Halo 1 commentary, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwfnAM3dBrM

Good stuff. Insight into the behind the scenes, and they have lots of laughs. Seems like they had a great time making these games.
>>
>>382334561
Conker's Bad Fur Day has an absolutely amazing one with the old Rare devs getting shitfaced and laughing at themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgtAXCaSlpk
>>
>>382335063
>one of the Warthogs in the hangar crashes off-screen

Holy fucking kek.
>>
File: 409232311_54fdc31ee6.jpg (89KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
409232311_54fdc31ee6.jpg
89KB, 500x442px
>>382334561
If i had my way every HD re-release of a video game would include both commentary Valve style and a documentary in the vein of pic related
>>
>>382333234
I remember people liking the arbiter missions but being salty that you didn't finish the game as chief, and that uproar made them remove arbiter missions from halo 3.
I'm more mad about playing as Locke for 86% of halo 5
>>
>>382335063
>Jaime wanted to remove the quieter moments of Halo 1

Fuck you Jamie.
>>
File: 1353195918731.jpg (158KB, 800x980px) Image search: [Google]
1353195918731.jpg
158KB, 800x980px
>>382333412
I remember retards crying about it, claiming that Halo should be all about the chief. But I think the bigger issue was the forced cliffhanger and 3's campaign's second half being kinda lackluster.
>>
>>382337629
The cliffhanger was never an issue for me because the Arbiter got a completed character arc. A disgraced man goes on to be the messiah of his people. It's not like Halo 5 where they clearly established a bunch of characters and ideas to be fleshed out in 6, or just rushed altogether. It makes the enemy you slaughtered by the thousand in Halo 1 more relatable; just a bunch of dudes deceived by higher powers, each promised glory for them and their sons.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.