[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MGS/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

>when the demo ends up better than anything in the full game
People who say this about the Tanker chapter are insane. The Plant chapter looks just as cool, but has more bosses and better patrol routes. They make a perfect whole.

Meanwhile Camp Omega is more densely packed and well-designed than any other level in MGSV.
>>
Kojima, please finish your game because we delayed two times
>Sure, first let me add 5 mother bases, a dog, high scan model, boob physics, hollywood voice acting, mother base missions and animal protection simulator
>oh and please don't forget hipster music to play in the opening and make sure to show the cassette tape so I'll look a hype progressive retro person :)
>>
>>382325502
>The Plant chapter looks just as cool, but has more bosses and better patrol routes.
No. Fuck off.

But yeah, GZ is all around better "Metal Gear game" than TPP. And originally it was meant to be the prologue chapter of TPP (well, it still is), just like Tanker's the prologue of MGS2. Thank Jewnami for pushing some mid-development milestone ""tests"" on an unfinished product.
>>
>>382325716
>Kojima decides to make MGS2 a insecure simulator
>The only part of the game is the 30 min introduction sequence
>Kojima decide to spend 3 years making an engine to make his ''master piece'' TPP
Sure everything is Konami's fault.
>>
>>382325690

>Man who sold the world is a hipster song
>using cassette taps in the 80s is retro pandering instead of it just being what they used in the 80s

youre retarded
>>
And Caramel is still deluded and believes there is a ruse.
>>
>>382325690
>hollywood voice acting
MGSV does not have Hollywood VA. It has VA from a TV actor who is mainly known for only one series.

Hollywood VA is superior to vidya VA. What we actually got was inferior to both, nevermind actual acting.

>hipster music
What? Again, the music is the same problem, delusionally attempting to be on par with Hollywood music and in the process becoming worse than even the best vidya music.

Actual hipster music would be an improvement, since the standards for music are much higher in the music industry itself, than in vidya or even hollywood sountracks.
>>
Didn't Joost posting kill metal gear General?
>>
>>382325716
>No. Fuck off.
It's a blatant fact that the Plant chapter has more bosses than the Tanker chapter. It's also not controversial to say it has better patrol routes, since the Tanker is so short, small and cramped compared to the Plant maps (which have all sorts of view distances, camera positioning, extra guards appearing, etc). They both look great since it's a great-looking game. And the Tanker benefits from being so short, if we got to play such a beautiful-looking level even longer than those visual effects would get old.

>>382326101
I didn't realise he was this retarded.

>>382326407
I don't see the problem with it if it stays within TPP threads, since she was (sadly) a major element in that game.
>>
>>382326649
>It's a blatant fact that the Plant chapter has more bosses than the Tanker chapter.
obviously, but that does not make its overall design and gameplay better.
>>
>>382326101
all hipsters love David Bowie
Go to bed Kojima.
>>
>>382326991
The word "hipster" has lost all meaning. At this point all it communicates is that the person using it thinks their lifestyle preferences/tastes are more authentic than that of those they give the label to.

Which becomes pretty obvious when you see people using it to describe big pop stars of the 70s/80s like David Bowie. It's not like he was obscure or subcultural in any way. In fact his whole shtick was to sample all the different niches and present them as a pop star.
>>
>>382327532
hipster love present underground while appreciating everything mainstream from the 70s and 80s
Your comment is irrelevant.
I'm right to say Kojima wanted to pander to hipsters and wanted people to say "WOW SUCH A VISIONARY GAME DIRECTOR USING MASTER BOWIE'S SONG XD"
>>
>>382326896
>obviously, but that does not make its overall design and gameplay better.
Well at least we can agree that in general having more bosses makes a game better than only having one. As for overall design, you didn't challenge my observation that simply by choice of locations, the Plant has superior maps for guard patrols.. Tanker is too cramped. It's not even that the Tanker is bad, it's pretty much the exact same mechanics, AI, etc. Obvious example: Deck D, Crew's Quarters is like a more cramped version of Strut C (which itself is one of the less patrolled areas of the Plant). I'd actually say in that example the Tanker one is better but that's just because Strut C is meant for the Stillman stuff, and this is the exception. And this is just to compare them on sneaking alone, the plant also has bomb disposal, platforming, sniping, nikita, combat with the tengus etc.
>>
>>382327606
Present underground has more in common with 60s/70s mainstream, present mainstream with 80s mainstream. That you cannot differentiate shows you just have vague prejudices and bogeymen you want to maintain. Kojima grew up in those decades, and chose to use that mainstream music he enjoyed in his games. How culturally illiterate do you have to be to get triggered by a veteran vidya director, who is known for being a weird Western/Eastern hybrid, just because he chooses to use music he likes and found fitting.

I don't even like the song or find it good for immersion in MGS. But to call it hipster only makes me think you get annoyed by being reminded how ignorant you are of past culture.
>>
>>382328504
>have vague prejudices
>How culturally illiterate
go back to tumblr you filthy european
I don't deserve to read comments like that.
>>
>>382328593
triggered
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.