[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Rocket-League.jpg (331KB, 1280x788px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket-League.jpg
331KB, 1280x788px
How do I git gud?
>>
>>382310823
Try to do all the training mode, once you reach consistent 8/10 you're fine
Positioning during the match is also important
>>
File: file.png (103KB, 343x149px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
103KB, 343x149px
>>382310823
I was star last season and I'm plat this one so take it as you will.

Practice every day. Consistently every day. The important thing isn't to practice for hours. It's to do something you fucking suck at.

Now here's the hard part. To find out what you suck at you have to penetrate that thick shell of an ego and look critically at yourself. If they score don't look at your teammate and say WOW HE FUCKING BLEW THE SAVE. That's easy and will never make you a better player. Ask what you could have done differently. How did they get the ball? How did they get past you? Why weren't you there to help?

But the main thing is to just practice for 5 minutes every single damn day.
>>
Field positioning
>>
>taking car soccer seriously
Just have fun
>>
File: my gaudy carfu.webm (3MB, 622x320px) Image search: [Google]
my gaudy carfu.webm
3MB, 622x320px
most top level players spend a solid 20-30 minutes a day just doing muscle memory exercises and shit.

for real though just practice. practice practice practice. if you're a new player, focus on goaltending and clearing. if you're past all that shit, figure out what you suck at most offensively and do that a lot.

just fucking practice
>>
Git gud and practice
>>
despite the games almost limitless mechanical skill ceiling.

A vast majority of the players are mechanically fine (flipping, power hitting, even flying and dribbling are fairly common skills these days)

Your field positioning and game awareness are much more important early steps.

Is your teammate behind you? Is your opponent in goal? What the fuck is happening on the field?

The ball is headed to your opponents corner of the field but you have an teammate there and an opponent in goal. Where do you drive in this situation? Are you the type of retard who boosts to the corner? OR are you the sensible logical thinking guy who positions himself properly for either team gaining possession?

Boost denial. Do it. Deny that faggot the speed.

What do you hope to accomplish with your current action and how does that accomplishment aid in scoring? You blowing a guy up? cool! Are you gonna score off it? no?
Then you're wasting your fucking time. You driving at a ball you have no chance of contesting? Why?

Also don't get triggered when you lose/get dunked on. I have some recordings of great games where in the opening minutes I fuck up like 3-5 times and my team rages at me only to later clutch the fucking shit out that match.

So in conclusion:

>Stay frosty,
>think about where the balls going,
>think about where you are going/doing,
>think about what other players are doing.

Mechanical skill will come over time or you're likely a woman. At first some of these can seem frustrating *because* of a lack of mechanical skill even if you're making the right decision but trust me. Just thinking about the match and what is happening in it will give you a leg up on the other noobs cause all they are thinking is "me drivey at ballie!" (it doesn't stay like this forever though)

One final point. You might think those ball pinches are random. They are not. . Prior to pinching off other players learn to pinch it off the walls for a quick beautiful clear.
>>
>>382310823
Step 1: Don't play on wifi use a direct connection. If you do use wifi, you're screwed.
Step 2: Spend many hours in training hitting the ball and learning how to predict where it will go
Step 3: learn to aerial. Once you know how to predict where the ball will be... This is easy, and it is important to constantly beat the other team to the ball.
Step 4: Learn to make aerial shots and play the ball off the wall.

If you're playing in 1s you should also learn to do well in kickoffs by flipping for speed to conserve boost.

Oh and the most important thing is to ignore the toxic players.
>>
>>382310823
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
>>
Ghh
>>
>>382311364
How did you get the purple on the unpainted parts?
>>
>>382315726
It’s a painted car

OP it would help to say what rank you are
>>
This is the kinda game where you have to play it for years to git gud, I constantly see people in silver ranks 3v3 who have clocked over thousand hours into the game, even they can't carry a team of shit players.
>>
>>382311364
>Players wants to paint their batmobile which was bought as DLC
>Psyonix listen to players and give them what they wants
>Here you go Goy! Buy a key to open a special crate with include your paintable car that you bought from us already. If you are lucky ofc. LOL

Psyonix turning more jewish in every year.
>>
Ball cam or no?
>>
Isn't this game just punting a ball into a net?
>>
You don't
>>
>>382317967
Ball cam always on except when you are dribbling or if you want to check if a boost has respawned. Also when the ball is behind you and you suspect that you might be running into your teammate it's wise to check if he's in front of you.
>>
>>382317967
Yes, switch it off to go for boost and dribbling but once you git good you’ll start switching it off briefly when hitting some aerials and shit to get a better touch. Watch how a pro plays
>>
Odjtdjstjts
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.