[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many of you hate on witcher 3 so much? It's actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_7432.png (298KB, 610x885px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7432.png
298KB, 610x885px
Why do so many of you hate on witcher 3 so much? It's actually one of the best games I've played
>>
eh, I don't exactly "Hate" it. It's definitely a big improvement from TW2, which on the other had was a major leap backwards from TW1:EE.

Witcher 3 just happens to suffer of so many of the same problems that too many modern AAA titles do: Lack of originality, and embracing modern "standards" too tightly. It comes off as a yet another open-world title with a check-list of things to do, with super light ""role playing"" in the middle, that's still overshadowed by the wannabe "cinematic" style.
>>
i started playing it about a week ago, i think it's fantastic. the only minor problem I have with it are the facial and character animations, they seem kinda cheap for such a massive aaa game.

btw does the troll in Velen attack me once i bought him the paint? i'm only asking because the suggested level for the quest is 13 and i'm only on 5
>>
>>382309685

Contrarianism.

They'll learn that being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian is about as retarded as you can be. Usually takes until the person is 18-20 to learn this though.
>>
File: 1493445562161.jpg (34KB, 570x630px) Image search: [Google]
1493445562161.jpg
34KB, 570x630px
>got witcher 2 for free
>decide to try it
>clunky menus
>bad hitboxes
>shitload of crafting items just laying around everywhere
>have the distinct feeling that my choices are pointless
Does it get any better or should I just skip to 3?
>>
>>382311529
W2 was fucking awful.
I hope you played the original. It's pretty essential plot-wise, especially if you didnt read the novels, and it's also a proper PC CRPG through and through.

if you've done 1st game already, just jump to 3rd.
>>
>>382309685
It's a fantastic game Anon, but many people here use these points:

>Witcher senses and mini-map with quest markers to follow, making the game casual
>No builds other than swordsman
This is a stupid argument, I know, but I've seen it used
>pretty poor dialogue system where you can just 'magic' your way through moments where a speech check is required with like 2 abilities
>combat is awful
>story is awful 'princess is in another castle' bullshit
>>
Honestly found it too boring to finish the main story
>>
>>382310850
Wtf are you talking about the facial animations are some of the best in the industry
>>
>>382309685
I like TW3, I just wish combat wasn't shit and no "Witcher sense".
>>
I don't like like games that prioritize gear growth over character growth.
>>
>>382311529
More or less the same throughout. I enjoyed the story though. But the story literally is just some political shit that sets up the politcal shit in witcher 3.
>>
>>382309685
>/v/
>hate witcher 3
>>
>>382309685
The game is fine it is the fanbase that engenders the animus.
They are some of the most insufferable cunts around.
Every bit the equal of Obsidiots and Morrowindfags.
>>
>>382309685
I used to hate it, but now that majority of /v/ hates it, I love it.
>>
>>382309685
I think it's a wonderful RPG that should be a gold standard to how quests should be handled. I just didn't like the combat and felt it was really boring once I learned how to dodge everything.
>>
>>382309685
> why do good games get hated on /v/

you must be new here
>>
>>382309685
i-is that slav geralt?
>>
>>382310850
the troll loves you man he's a bro
>>
>>382309685
>witcherfags spend two years infesting every thread not about witcher 3
>people get sick of it and realize witcher 3 was a flawed game and criticize it
>witcherfags get defensive and act like they're persecuted for enjoying their le underrated gem

I have never seen a fanbase in vidya as awful as witcherfags before.
>>
>>382317174
What about the souls fanbase?
>>
>>382309685

Not sure OP, let me activate my witcher sense to find out
>>
>>382317504
And if that doesn't work OP can just use his GPS navigation
>>
Gothic 2 was better etc.
Great thread, see you all again tomorrow
>>
>>382309685
You should try this, OP, it will be your favorite game
>>
>>382317829
That boxart needs more shit on it.
>>
>>382317407
Soulsfags can get pretty autistic about muh difficulty but they've gotten less condescending over time while it's been the opposite for witcherfags.
>>
>>382309685
Contrarianism. Fox and the grapes. Vapid FPS culture. Off the top of my head.
>>
>>382309685
What if you were to give this game to, say, twenty... intelligent people i mean, what would that do? Let's face it what would it do?
>>
>>382309685
People being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, baiting and people who want every single game ever released to be tortanic 2.0 and if it isn't they try to force it to be.

2017 /v/ is worse than gaia.
>>
>>382309685
I'm interested in playing Witcher 2 and 3 but 1 made me stop my ambitions on doing so because of 2 reasons:
A.) The combat in 1 wasn't that interesting for me. It felt like I was playing some MMO which is a genre that I don't really like. Not a fan on the whole "Click, wait, click" combo business going on.
B.) You have to read something to get a body part of a creature.

Did 2 and 3 touched those topic or not?
>>
>>382319415
>You have to read something
Ohh nooo whatever will anon dooooo
>>
>>382316794
so, normal Geralt then?
>>
>>382310850
>facial and character animations, they seem kinda cheap for such a massive aaa game.
I think you missed BioWare games thread
>>
>>382317829
It's hilarious when someone compares it to Bamham or Asscreed just because they saw it has a parry. It makes it very clearly they didn't even play it.
>>
>>382320464
wow, you think it has to with the parry?
>>
>>382320464
But is it like Dark Souls?
>>
>>382310850
>they seem kinda cheap for such a massive aaa game.

This must be bait
>>
>>382319415
The combat was completely redone for 2 and is much more exciting to play. Lots of people complain about the combat in TW3 but I had no problem with it and it's definitely a step up from 1.

You no longer need to buy books to get info in monsters in 2 but can instead get it from just killing a few to get experience against them. Loot isn't affected by your knowledge of them as far as I can remember but in a couple of cases it is very useful to read the bestiary entries anyway. Some enemies are almost (or even completely) unkillable without the use of certain equipment or signs, especially in 3 and I recall a specific contract in 2 that I had no idea how to finish until I eventually looked the monster up in the bestiary.

>>382319590
The problem was that you needed to buy a 800 oren book in order to be able to complete a contract that yielded a 400 oren reward and get any worthwhile alchemy components from the monsters corpses and each book only gave you info on a couple of monsters. It was a frustrating mechanic even if it made some sense in the story.
>>
File: baron.webm (987KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
baron.webm
987KB, 1920x1080px
>>382310850
> the only minor problem I have with it are the facial and character animations, they seem kinda cheap for such a massive aaa game.

Bait.
>>
>>382320825
Why did i pick those stupid kids over him ;_;
>>
>>382309685

I just cannot into Geralt as a character. He's like someone decided Drizz't wasn't mary sue enough
>>
>>382320593
There are other games with "see everything relevant vision," but they don't get brought up in Witcher 3 threads. The comparison between Asscreed and Bamham is drawn because retards who haven't played think they also share the same kind of combat too.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.