[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mighty Gunvolt Burst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: NOW WE'RE MOVIN ON UP.jpg (79KB, 594x465px) Image search: [Google]
NOW WE'RE MOVIN ON UP.jpg
79KB, 594x465px
So I got Mighty Gunvolt Burst thinking it'd just be Mighty Gunvolt (or Gal Gunvolt) with some minor bells and whistles. Holy shit was I wrong.
>new stages which are actually solid
>boss patterns are new and can be a bit challenging (with the basic loadout and I'll get to that later)
>last and best the fucking shot customization system
That thing alone justified the 10 bucks. Everything else was extra.
For those not in the know, I'll try to put this in terms of two popular game modes with similar options. Do you remember Vile Mode from Maverick Hunter X on PSP? Did you play Plague of Shadows mode in Shovel Knight? Mix those two together and you've got a basic idea of how it works.
Within a certain cost limit, you can customize your shots with a different arcs, angles, timers, and behaviors; but this time, you can save several programmed shots (24?). Example: You might have a long range curved spread shot for weak damage, a point blank high damage single shot, a ricocheting elemental shot, etc.
Mix pretty much anything as long as you have the points for the combo.
You can also obtain a "Charge Shot" which lets you use a Megaman style charge-shot but the shot fired is one that you choose from your programmed shots.
The only two things that kinda suck are:
1) The cost limits, since some of the good components cost a lot. Still, you can eventually amass quite a lot of points, and even if you quit a stage, you keep all of the points and components you find.
2) You have to find programming components.
Without a walkthrough, you won't know what you're getting since the names are "coded" to hide their function. It's always something useful though. But, in a way, this is a bit better than needing to beat stages just to get any at all (although you can get rewards from beating and replaying stages) or finding currency to trade for them.

The best part?
You can change your shots and shot sets any time. Even in stages, even in boss fights.

Beck is finally in a good game.
>>
Inticreates is pretty good when not being bossed around by conman
>>
File: Mmzero3box.jpg (21KB, 256x254px) Image search: [Google]
Mmzero3box.jpg
21KB, 256x254px
>>382309270
>>
>>382309270
Yup.

Oh yeah, and if any of you like things like The World Ends with You and KH Re:Coded to where you can fuck around with your stats to make things easier or harder, you can do that here too, with actual benefit as well.

Shots with attributes which are any or all of the following cost less points than normal: slow-firing, vanish quickly, limited number on-screen at a time.
The flipside naturally costs more (i.e. lots of shots, last a long time, and fire quickly).

This also applies to defense as well. You can optionally choose to cause instant-death hazards only do damage (but the point cost is high for this), and you can choose to change your "damage taken" multiplier from x1.0 to x0.25 (for less damage taken) or up to x3.0 (for more damage taken) with x0.50 and x2.0 being in-between. The better protection costs lots of points, but choosing to take heavier hits actually lowers your current cost total a decent amount.

Those familiar with Gunvolt will be glad to know that mid-air jumping also comes back (when you find it, and at a hefty, but acceptable point cost (quad-jumping is pricey though)), but as far as I can tell, isn't necessary outside of optional bonuses. Also, from what I can personally tell, having this on will also cause some bosses to change their attack patterns a bit. I noticed one in particular changed the way he shot projectiles when I had a double jump on compared to when I didn't. GV also can find his septimal powers and they work similarly to the main games, but deal extra damage based on your current burst combo count.
Beck can unlock a mid-air dash (and do up to 3 air-dashes) but I don't know if they cause damage or not. That being said, he can find the ability to shoot at diagonal angles (15, 30, or 45, each costing more than the last), which basically adds an extra layer to all of his shots. Just the ricochet shot alone lets you hit all sorts of extra angles. Strangely, 45 degrees+ricochet causes shots to wall/ceiling-crawl.
>>
stop trying to sell me shit i don't wanna bye
>>
>>382310020
OP here.
I honestly got more Zero vibes than Classic, X, ZX, or even Gunvolt.
The stages feel more Zero-like in terms of structure and each one's gimmicks. They aren't terribly intrusive, but they can keep you a bit on your toe the first time around and after that, it's more of a case of figuring out the tricks to blaze through them and the bosses, which is how Zero felt to me. That said, there was a bit of some classic structure in there, but more so of MM9 and 10.and not in the bad way.
I feel like Inti has actually looked back at there games and thought about what works and what didn't. On top of that though, the idea of having hidden rooms, items, and even a few (hidden) alternate routes makes me think that they took some note from Ducktales and Shovel Knight, the latter especially since there are a few hidden areas with some mini-challenges that could lead to an easy death if you aren't careful.
I feel like the big ass boss life bars though come partly from Mighty No. 9 but also from Megaman X5. It felt like they wanted you to enjoy the bosses, even if you had a really strong shot set, but if you fight them early on without many components, they can slog on for a while (I actually didn't know I could change parts mid-stage at first, so the sniper wars boss took me a while, despite the ricochet part being in his very stage!)
I think the biggest relief though, is that they took out both Beck and Gunvolt's gimmicky kill-methods. Beck doesn't have to tackle enemies or bosses to kill them and GV doesn't have to hold R to win. Just jump, shoot, and be aware of enemy patterns.
>>
>>382309270

Inti are good when they make 2D games. They can't make 3D or unreal engine worth shit.

When Inafune told inti about Unreal Engine their response was "what is that?". They didn't even bother coding the game, they just used a graphical drag/drop Unreal level builder. It's why the game is so insanely inefficient (dreamcast graphics but takes MGSV power to run).

Iga falsely assumed they had gained Unreal experience, but no, they were still clueless so he hired new teams.
>>
>>382310335
HONESTLY ANON, I DIDN'T WANT TO BUY THIS SHIT EITHER.
I DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT A FUCKING VIDEO BEFORE I TOOK THE PLUNGE. I DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT /v/'S (mostly) SHITTY OPINIONS.
I JUST SAW SOME SCREENSHOTS, AND ALSO HEARD SOME SLIGHTLY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE SHOT CUSTOMIZATION SYSTEM AND THOUGHT "Man, it can't be that good, can it?" BUT FUCKING HELL HERE I AM 10 BUCKS (plus tax) POORER. I JUST BEAT THE MAIN 8 STAGES AND NOW I'M GETTING READY (tomorrow that is) TO TAKE ON THE "WILY" STAGES OR WHATEVER.

You know what I was going to buy? Either Kamiko or Magical Drop II. FUCK ME UP THE ASS.
>>
This coming to steam?
>>
File: it sure is.jpg (134KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
it sure is.jpg
134KB, 500x657px
>>382311014
>When Inafune told inti about Unreal Engine their response was "this is unreal".
Fixed
>>
>>382311281
I hope so.
It's a solid game. It won't blow you out the ass, but it feels good to have a game that lets you (eventually) customize on the level of God Hand.
>>
File: tumblr_o97561NKow1sqlozao1_500.png (140KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o97561NKow1sqlozao1_500.png
140KB, 500x442px
>>
>>382310020
Was an amazing game
>>
File: 1462405492837.jpg (125KB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
1462405492837.jpg
125KB, 700x392px
>>382309196
You could also easily sum it up as Mega Man gameplay with God Eater's bullet customization.
>>
>>382311752
Based Rock.
>>
>>382311752

Beck's design is hot ass. Way too much shti going on. He has a visor he doesn't even use!

Kitamura's simplicity > Inafune's ugly complexity
>>
File: mercurySTEAM.jpg (15KB, 181x279px) Image search: [Google]
mercurySTEAM.jpg
15KB, 181x279px
>>382311840
I haven't played enough god eater to know that.
>>
File: 1495779237107[1].jpg (121KB, 700x503px) Image search: [Google]
1495779237107[1].jpg
121KB, 700x503px
>>
>>382312062
>not including this motherfucker
Goddamn
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.