[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ loves Donkey Kong 64 now What happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg (30KB, 382x260px) Image search: [Google]
DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg
30KB, 382x260px
>/v/ loves Donkey Kong 64 now
What happened?
>>
I always have.
>>
>>382308751
yooka laylee being a turd
>>
I never liked it even back when it was unpopular to hate it.
>>
File: 640px-DK64_Lanky_Bio.png (433KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
640px-DK64_Lanky_Bio.png
433KB, 640x423px
Is more of a polarizing game, some people love it and some people fucking hate it.
I love the game
>>
I only just realised this finally came to Virtual Console in 2015

that's fucking great news, something I thought would never happen
how did they settle it? was it a problem with the expansion pak or paying Rare a settlement or what?

now I really hope VC comes to Switch so I can play this again
>>
>>382309618
It was probably just a pain to emulate.
>>
I always found it enjoyable despite its flaws.

>>382309618
The Jetpak game in DK64 belongs to Microsoft and made the game a licensing nightmare for a while, I guess Microsoft just stopped giving a shit though.
>>
H
E
>>
>>382308751
ive always unironically liked it
>>
>>382308751
>/v/ is one person
I don't like it because good lord the amount of things to collect in that game was overwhelming.
And I could never get used to the wonky controls.
>>
File: Tinymss.png (130KB, 253x369px) Image search: [Google]
Tinymss.png
130KB, 253x369px
THIS KONG'S GOT STYLE
>>
>>382308861
This, really. It's great except for the character switching
>>
>>382309618
>was it a problem with the expansion pak or paying Rare a settlement or what?

Rare isn't an issue in this regard.
Part of the merger agreement was that, in exchange for Nintendo retaining rights to all things Donkey Kong related, Rare retains the rights to all of their other properties like Banjo, Conker, and Perfect Dark.

So Nintendo is free to re-release Rare's DK games as many times and on as many platforms as they'd like.
They just can't touch any other Rare property.
So if they do a N64 classic like they've done with the NES and SNES, DK64 to be lock and Diddy Kong Racing being a strong possibility if they can be assed to go in and remove Banjo and Conker, while all of Rare's other gems are absent.
>>
>>382310587
>Rare isn't an issue in this regard.
They are because DK64 had Jetpac in it.
>>
>>382308751

I never understood Chunky's barrel ability

Because your body is invisible, you can see invisible stuff?
>>
>>382308751

It's not that

Yooka Laylee being a piece of shit, made this game be more appreciated
>>
>>382310587
thats actually not it
snes dk games got removed from the eshop years ago
nintendo has to pay some sort of licensing fee per region
>>
Didn't Yooka Laylee developers made fun of DK 64 in one of interviews?
>>
DK64 was the only rare game I played back then.
>>
>>382310937
you enter another dimension you just phase shift and see other objets in that place, chunky is in both places at the same place
>>
>>382308751
What if you were to give this game to, say, twenty... intelligent people i mean, what would that do? Let's face it what would it do?
>>
>>382308751
WE HAVE NO STYLE
WE HAVE NO GRACE
>>
File: IT'S GONNA HURT.png (332KB, 650x492px) Image search: [Google]
IT'S GONNA HURT.png
332KB, 650x492px
It's a blatantly flawed game, but I still think it has a lot of charm to it. That along with tHE soundtrack and overall atmosphere made it really memorable.
>>
>>382308751
DK64 has been my jam since I was a wee lad yo.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.