[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy XII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

What is some of the ACTUAL new content/changes they're having for the HD Remaster? Half of what they say is stuff that was added in the International version
>>
Best FF. Can't wait to replay this for the first time since it released. This is the only game I've ever preordered on PSN.
>>
>>382302401
Nothing. It's just plain direct copy of the old "international" version.

>>382302526
More like one of the worst. Literal offline MMO trash.
>>
File: L Board Plus.jpg (894KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
L Board Plus.jpg
894KB, 1920x1080px
>>382302743
Wrong. Each character is allowed to have two jobs so you can potentially use every job among all 6 characters. or whatever the fuck combinations you want.

I think it's a 'subjob' so it's two jobs at once rather than switching back and forth.
>>
>>382302401
see
>>382303008
since the international wasnt released in the americas what did you think the marketing point would be?
how about you fucking read the promotional provided by square before making a shit thread
/thread
>>
so how different is the international job system thing?
are you able to reroll and choose different jobs?
i almost don't want to use it so everyone will be gods endgame
>>
>>382303872
the license board is divided among 12 jobs which limits things instead of "do everything". Each character can pick 1 job (you can use the same job for multiple characters) and is stuck with it.

the HD remaster lets you pick a second job by unlocking a thing on their original license board allowing you to have a more customizable setup. Bushi+White Mage, Red Mage + Monk, whatever

Some jobs are nontraditional names though. Instead of Dragoon (as you dont have jumps), you have Uhlan. Instead of Hunter you have Shikari.
>>
super sekrit seraphic dungeon
>>
>>382304290
its nice that a hd remaster is actually adding something beside changing texures and calling it a day.
2nd jobs sound great for replay value
>>
>>382304549
I think it's nice considering some jobs have nice utility but don't really offer much.

Time Mage (or Time "Battlemage") was the only job with Haste but their battle repertoire was limited to crossbows and their combat potential was kind of meh though their utility was nice.
>>
File: 1435448609867.jpg (212KB, 834x906px) Image search: [Google]
1435448609867.jpg
212KB, 834x906px
>>382304464

I hope there's some new secret dungeons or bosses
>>
File: 1497760698925s.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497760698925s.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>382302526
>killed the series gameplay forever
>good
kys
>>
>>382303008
>>382302743
>>382303770
Keep in mind IZJS has always had a save editor so you could have as many jobs as you wanted. Hell you could even play with any NPC in your party as a guest.
>>
>>382305080
FFXII has the best combat in the series, followed by XIII. Physically fight me
>>
File: 1451345407564.jpg (82KB, 812x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451345407564.jpg
82KB, 812x600px
>>382305460
>Hell you could even play with any NPC in your party as a guest.
>>
File: Larsa_Solidor.jpg (383KB, 570x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Larsa_Solidor.jpg
383KB, 570x1600px
How did this make you feel
>>
>>382305080
Final Fantasy has never had anything special battle system wise. 12 isn't any different from ATB other than the fact that you can move around
>>
>>382305960
A little bit gay, desu.
>>
>>382304771
This is the big draw for me. In the original IZJS version I'd never pick Time or White Mage because I just never saw the point in having a character be limited exclusively to support, especially when most Jobs have access to some good support skills anyways, and it felt kinda shitty that there was content or Jobs I could never make use of. Having them as secondary Jobs makes them a fuckton more viable since now you aren't dedicating an entire character slot exclusively to heals+buffs.
>>
>>382307187
i'll do more mages since they changed how spells work. no more retarded waits.
>>
>>382307621
they messed around with Effect capacity?

So I can actually use spells besides first tier ones?
>>
>>382307621
This is also a massive improvement
>character health gets low
>shit, better heal them
>cast a cure spell
>waiting for ATB to fill
>boss already has another attack queued up before you were able to enter the command
>ATB is full
>can't cast cure because boss put his command in first
>party dies
>>
What sort of party setup will you use? I've never played XII but I've looked at the party / jobs and figured I'd go for something like this.

Vaan - Monk
Ashe - Samurai
Basch - Archer
Balthier - Uhlan
Fran - Red mage
Penelo - White Mage

But now they announced the subclass thing and I'm not sure what to do. A lot of the jobs are very non-traditional sounding so I'm not entirely sure how they work.
>>
>>382308936
Balthier - White Mage
Vaan - Monk
Ashe - Samurai
Penelo - Black Mage
Frann - Berserker
Basch - Hunter
>>
>>382308936
Vaan: Monk
Ashe: Bushi
Basch: Foebreaker
Balthier: Shikari
Fran: Red Mage
Penelo: Black Mage

As for the subjob I dunno. You're allowed duplicates so I have no idea

Just make everyone time mage subjob so they all cast haste
>>
>>382305960
>Basch left slutty whore Ashe for cute trap
My man has his priorities straight.
>>
File: 1393939794558.jpg (13KB, 235x222px) Image search: [Google]
1393939794558.jpg
13KB, 235x222px
>>382305491
>FF13, worst combat
>just press X
>FF12, best combat
>don't press any button at all
>>
>>382307909
>boss is slowly preparing his ultimate attack of doom
>cast holy
>boss gets cucked
It worked both ways
>>
I hope their are boosters in this game. I am a casual who just likes to beat the shit outta stuff
>>
One thing I don't understand with Square:

>Bravely Default
>Has a fast forward button for animations

>FFXII remaster
>Added a fast forward button for combat, but also for exploring, so now walking does not take so long at all

And here's the kicker.
This function.
This simple, easy function that cuts down WALKING time.
Was not in FFXV.

Fucking why? For years, people have been throwing "walking sim" around, but they never thought to put in a simple fast forward feature?
>>
>>382303008
Ah, but IS it a subjob or is it just like having two jobs at once? Because a subjob is certainly not that, subjob implies you do not get the full benefits of the subjob. In FF11 a subjob is only ever hald the level of your main job, in 12 I can only imagine it would have a very limited license board or something like that.
>>
>>382305960
He looks like a boy. I don't see how any straight man could ever get their dick hard to that. He's not even a little feminine, he's just not yet a man.

Do you hear that Larsafags? You're all poofters.
>>
>>382308936
Pretty good choices, I can tell you've checked which characters have the quickest animations for which weapons. Needs a bit more black magic though.
>>
>>382302401
>fastforward mode
>changed the way the area map is displayed
>better lighting
>less load times
>redone soundtrack with several totally new tracks
>two jobs per character rather than just one.
>>
>>382312791
This was a decent post, it did not deserve to die young.
>>
>>382314314
Sounds like shit.
>>
>>382314679
You sound retarded.
>>
They should have added local co op since it already feels like an MMO
>>
>>382305989
FFX legit had a fantastic turn based battle system that deserved more than one game to demonstrate it.
>>
>>382316649
>They should have added local co op
Good idea.
> it already feels like an MMO
But no it doesn't. Let the meme die.
>>
>>382316830
The meme was quotes from Matsuno. He modeled the combat after FFXI, down to changing the ATB charge gauge into a cooldown timer.

FF12 is FF11:Offline. As was intended by the fucking developer.
>>
>>382316936
This is not news, using elements from the previous game that are not directly related to multiplayer gameplay does not make the game play at all 'like an MMO' it makes it play a LITTLE like FF11 specifically. They're not MMO elements.
>>
>>382317296
>Final Fantasy XII
And the fact you can change the battle system to the old slower FF styles in options
>>
>>382317392
I actually forgot the wait option existed before the tutorial finished every single time I have played. I bet it'd be handyfor a gambitless playthough.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.