[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MvCI isnt being made for you, its for the casuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault (18).jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (18).jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
A discussion topic has popped up, and people are starting to realize that MvCI may not be for the MvC fans, but the MCU fans. Fans who dont really follow the games Capcom makes aside from maybe a fleeting memory of SF2, and ones who love watching the MCU movies like the Avengers.
>>
Does actually like the MCU?
>>
Do "MCU fans" even give a crap about fighting games, you'd think they'd want an adventure game or something.
>>
>>382299216
It's not even for the casuals. The Casuals know who fucking Wolverine and Dr. Doom are, and will notice the fact that they're missing.

Capcom has failed at getting the casual market again, just like SFV. Hope they don't predict huge sales numbers for this.
>>
>>382299539
Those mobile games are selling, so i guess just having MCU characters appeal to them greatly
>>382299409
Check the reviews for SpiderMan Homecoming and tell me
>>
>>382299539
Square's Avengers game will probably sell better than this. Mostly because it'll probably at least look stunning, while MvCI looks kinda like ass. How do you forget how to model Chun Li's face, they seriously JUST did a game with her.
>>
>>382299216
then they're making a mistake because MCU fans don't give a shit about fighting games, the way they don't give a shit about comics. If they did, iron man would be the most popular comic book and the avengers titles would be beating the justice league titles.
>>
>>382299216
No X men no fucking buy. It's time for capcom to die now. This is the third strike scenario, when this piece of shit flops they won't make another fighting game for 10 years. Hopefully this will be a wake up call.

MvC game with no magneto, storm, cyclops, wolverine, gambit, sentinel. No doctor doom, what the fuck?
>>
>>382299656
But will they really care if they are missing? Would people who only watch the MCU movies care if a non MCU character doesn't appear?
>>
>>382299656
>Capcom has failed at getting the casual market again,

It has rocket racoon, hawkeye, thanos, and captain america.

All of which are in the current phase of the MCU, capcom is doing exactly the right thing.

Is it stupid in the long run? yeah, oh hell yeah, but long term sales aren't an objective in video games despite what companies think
>>
>>382299656

Casuals havent played MvC3. So you're wrong.

You're thinking of "people who play video games who aren't too obsessed with them and know about various series"
OP means "WOAH LOOK THIS GAME HAS CAPTAIN AMERICA IN IT!!!"
>>
>>382299857
MCU moviesgoers dont care bout no X-mens
>>
>There's a traditional 2d pokemon fighting game with more competitive depth then the more recent street fighter entry

>There will be a 3v3 airdash dbz fighter with more competitive depth then the most recent MvC entry

when did everything go so right
>>
>>382300056
>2d pokemon fighting game with more competitive depth

there is? where?

If you say pokken I have to punch you twice
>>
>>382300056
>3v3 airdash dbz fighter with more competitive depth then the most recent MvC entry
That's not what LI Joe and JWong said
>>
>>382299909
>Casuals havent played MvC3. So you're wrong.
Then why the fuck would they play MvCI?

>>382299892
Depending on where we draw the cutoff for casual, most casuals have no fucking clue that there is a difference between "Marvel Studios movie" and "movie with Marvel characters in it". So maybe you think no one needs explaining on why Wolverine and Deadpool, who both had hugely successful movies, aren't on the cover of this game. Casuals didn't forget who Dr. Doom is, even if they don't care about the Fantastic Four.

I honestly feel a lot of this "it's not for you, Capcom is aiming for..." bullshit is just excuses. Capcom said they were making a game for the fans: 2v2 is arguably a stepdown, the roster sounds small and shit, and it doesn't look impressive visually.

This is mostly Ike Perlmutter's fault, since he hates Fox so damn much, but Capcom is failing in their own ways. Because nothing else explains why the Capcom side of the roster is so weak.
>>
I guarantee you that more people know the X-Men than who Spencer is.

Hell out of the whole Capcom side the only people casuals might know are Resident Evil movie characters, Ryu and Mega Man.
>>
>>382299216
>>382299539
>>382299765
>>382299985
The MCU focus is used as a cover up excuse for Ike Perlmutter's banning of X-Men and Fantastic Four appearances in games, animation, toys, etc because he doesn't want to promote Fox's movies since he got frustrated over the MCU not having the rights.
He doesn't have control over Marvel Studios movies because Feige and Disney moved Marvel Studios away from Perlmutter's control.
>>
>>382300354
Yeah... they're going to be making more money off a Capcom game than anything else, right?
>>
File: Captain Meatslab.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Meatslab.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>382299216
>not be for the MvC fans, but the MCU fans
I don't even believe it's for the MCU fans, or if it is they're doing a bad job at it.
The writing and character models look like they're focused more towards children who watch their cartoons and buy action figures.
>>
>>382300560
>We want the Rob Liefeld audience...
>>
>>382300560

Now to be fair, this is exactly what people were complaining about before. A bunch of faggots wanted a story mode and everyone went "adding a story mode only takes focus away from the gameplay team and results in a shit story"

and as we can see..........
>>
>>382300560
It uses Gamora's current comic design as well.
>>
>>382300147
I am talking about Pokken, though, and i'm correct.

Do you not think Pokken is 2d? Because it is, all of the mechanics, gameplay systems, and fundamentals are shared with traditional 2d fighters It's as close to Street Fighter as KoF or MK is. It's a traditional 2d fighter. The 3d shit in Pokken is just an anti-infinite mechanic.

As far as taking more skill, it does. As mentioned, it has all of the same mechanics and gameplay systems and compettive fundamentals. It's roster is also more balanced, and it has more depth in that there are 6 attack heights, rather then the standard 3, and each attack as a defensive height property, not just an offensive one. Plus, you have to factor in phase points, which no other fighting game has, that adds a lot of depth to choosing which combos to use and when rather then just using the same bnb's over and over.

Do yourself a favor and actually look into pokken's meta and competitve community instead of just going "hur nintendo it has to be casualshit"
>>
>>382300669
Well, guess what, not having a story mode or arcade mode helped SFV sell less than 2 million units. Ever.

Other fighting games handle it all, so why can't Capcom? Are people just going to make excuses for Capcom's every failure? What revisionist history will arise telling us how amazing SFxT was, and how foolish we all were for not buying it?
>>
>>382300560
>Switch to a realistic artstyle
>somehow it becomes extremely cartoonish

How did this happen?
>>
>>382300875
>Do yourself a favor and actually look into pokken's meta

How about I play a game that isn't shit
>>
>>382300560
>>382300978
>>382300770
I don't think they knew what they were going for. Got ride of cel-shading, brought in really weird proportions and styles for various characters. I don't know if Marvel just had insane demands (I really think Chun Li is ugly so she doesn't outshine Captain Marvel), or just incompetence. It also doesn't help that the modern Marvel comics don't really have a distinctive look. In the 90s, it was easy: Jim Lee is the look of Marvel. He even did all a full set of trading cards, he was THE artist, and Capcom only had one thing to reference. As is, it's weird what looks like the movie and what looks like the comics, and Capcom characters just look fucked up for no real reason... it's a mess.
>>
CASUALS
DONT
PLAY
FIGHTING
GAMES

FUCK YOU COMBOFIEND STOP TRYING TO DEFEND THIS GARABGE NO ONE IS GOING TO BUY IT, NOT EVEN PEOPLE WHO LIKE MCU. ENJOY YOUR FORCED E SPORTS FAILURE NUMBER 2.

AND THEN KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>382300995
>a game that isn't shit
so you can just play pokken
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 625x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 625x525px
>>382299216
>no guys it's for casuals
>but we're also working on it wing in esports

like that's worked the past 3 times. What is capcom anymore? Fucking jokes. Just look at this game from a person who isn't willing to buy dlc. It has day one dlc, one of the MAIN CHARACTERS is fucking dlc. You have to pay to get a character who is already set in story as one of the main antagonists. Models look sloppy from a design standard. I bet they hired the youngest of the group to make character models, the background looks way better in comparison, ACTUALLY looks like a phone game. The story "demo" was shit. Lines felt forced, capcom side basically does nothing. Not to mention we didn't get te real fucking demo that the pros got to play, which I bet will be a preorder bonus come evo. Screen cap this.

Now let's get into gameplay. Anyone that actually plays fighting games will think that down down instead of shoryuken inputs is fucking retarded. They are supposed to be high priority moves because the input forces you to input forward (meaning you are unsafe and not blocking). Removing it shows you are casualizing the game, but then saying you want this to be esports (competitive) you are alienating BOTH SIDES. The gems are sfXt teir of busted, 80% balls easy reset with power stone with one character? Hopefully they patch that.

Capcom hasn't learned their lesson with fighting games. They haven't learned their lesson with dlc. They don't care about fans anymore based by the quote from combo fiend saying X-men don't mean shit but a function (I know Disney is to blame, but the way he worded it is unacceptable), like people don't want their favorite character who's been in since the first fucking game.

Don't trust capcom. Don't preorder. Don't buy. Please I am actually begging you. I don't want this game to fail, I want capcom to learn.
>>
>>382301496
Yeah they do. It just needs a huge production value story mode.
>>
>>382299985
MCu doesn't give a fuck about MvC. They are normal people who don't play fighting games because they are too hard. People LOVED logan you fucking retard, people still very much love x men. As evidenced by this film and legion. Fuck off already. You are stupid as fuck.
>>
Of course anon, what they are doing now is exactly what they did back then. Xmen were the face of marvel back then because of the comics and the cartoons, just like the Avengers and guardian of the Galaxy are the face for casual marvel fans now. the X-Men completely overshadowed the other marvel characters and franchises, just like what the MCU is doing now.
>>
>>382301359
Is anybody on the Marvel side even accurate with their current comic book counterparts? I'm a bit out of the loop, but last I remember Thor was a woman, Falcon is Captain America, and Iron Man's an underage black girl.
>>
>>382301629
Which Infinite doesn't have. 50% of the roster are characters casuals dont care about either.
>>
>>382301825
>but last I remember Thor was a woman, Falcon is Captain America, and Iron Man's an underage black girl.
Yeah, but fuck those characters. I am surprised that more popular new characters aren't in at all. I thought for sure I'd see Ms. Marvel and/or Gwenpool. But then again, I thought the Capcom side would have a SFV rep, but I guess I put more thought into thinks than Capcom did.

Also, Steve Rogers Cap (since Falcon is still also Cap, I think) is currently revealed as the Leader of Hydra and taking over the world. Which has been built up for over a year, so it really doesn't feel like most of the current comic stuff matters. Which is probably for the best, because 80-90% of what Marvel publishes now is trash.
>>
I'm casual as fuck and I'm not getting it because the roster is shit
>>
>>382301825
I think they look like their appearances in the Avengers Assemble cartoon, aside from Carol who in this game has long hair while everywhere else her hair is a dyke cut
Avengers Assemble sucks, EMH is superior
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 599x600px
>>382301589
Tldr: capcom is fucking retarded thinking tey can make this game for casuals, as then say it's for esports. They are slo retarded for saying no one remembers xmen but then put in spencer. And they are retarded for making fucking sigma fucking dlc. They didn't learn at all about what we've been arguing about.
>>
File: sfv-logo.png (52KB, 292x222px) Image search: [Google]
sfv-logo.png
52KB, 292x222px
>make roster and gameplay with casuals in mind
>make features and balance with esports in mind
>casuals are just as shit as always, drop the game after a month at the latest
>pros hate the game, with only the top 5% playing it for Capcombux

woops, who could've seen that one coming?
>>
>>382299892
>But will they really care if they are missing?
Isn't Wolverine popular? I'm not really into superheroes but the friends I have that are into superheroes really like him.
>>
>>382300995
Explain why you think it's shit
>>
>>382299216
The only kind of fighting game made for casuals is one where the inputs for all the moves involve one button and one directional input. Otherwise the casual will play for 15 minutes and get bored. You can find ways to market your fighting game to casuals, NRS has been very successful in that regard, but the truth is the fun is hidden behind a higher skill floor.
>>
When can we have a speculation thread to guess shit about the game and not have the same fucking thread of function vs function infunction and crackhead dante face?
>>
>>382302756
Sure thing
I'm guessing the game will be shit, and Capcom will struggle to save it for a year and a half, before giving up and moving back to the sinking ship that is SFV
>>
>>382302652
>Gengar has a fucking psycho crusher
You'd be PSYCHO not to like this game.

I am mad about the new characters not being for wiiu though.
>>
>>382302756
I have a theory that the roster will be underwhelming as fuck, a lot of unrevealed characters looking like ass, and the servers will be total trash on day one-five (just like SFV).

Also, any characters people are hyped for will be DLC. Just a theory though.
>>
>>382299216
that's the problem though OP, even the casuals can look at how unpolished the game is graphically and see something is up. It's so obvious that the game is made for shilling MCU that the reason for why x-men were exxcluded was that "people might not recognize them".
It's so bad that even max, the fucking youtube casual of fighters, is saying this shit looks like garbage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLN7_6aErh4
>>
>>382300369

>Then why the fuck would they play MvCI?
They wont.

But Capcom and Marvel think that if they pitch to vapid MCU-drone normies the game will sell better than if its just sold as a fanservice to niche fighting game fans.

Neither groups will like the outcome product, as we've seen time and time again in these threads and the game isn't even out yet.
>>
>>382299216
Did SFxT get this much hate pre-release?
>>
>>382302756
The only ones you can speculate about are the DLC because the leak has been correct up to now
>>
Just like Monster Hunter World is being made for people who like Horizon Zero Dawn. Capcom is on it's last legs and sooner it goes down, the better. Hopefully some competent companies can pick their IPs up
>>
Just turned yesterday. The X-Men kind of suck. Their movies blow, their comics are hit and miss, their games are kinda shit. Wolverine is forced way too hard and Magneto is always the bad guy.

Black Panther is better anyway.
>>
>>382303352
Yeah. Gems and Pandora were ridiculed everywhere, and some people didn't like how some Tekken characters like Hei turned out. There was also that E-sports show with Aris was in for some reason that turned out a disaster
>>
I get why a few Marvel characters aren't in, but why not reuse as much of the UMvC3 cast as possible? I'm pretty sure Marvel would be fine with Iron Fist returning, and and they could pitch for any of the other Netflix related characters. Wasn't Scarlet Witch considered for 3 but dropped in favor of Phoenix (who is certainly out)? Nothing explains why the Capcom side is so bad, except maybe they felt they couldn't balance Vergil and Wesker without ruining them (or they were too like and would distract from the Marvel side?).

>>382303352
It got a lot, but remember, we weren't as used to Capcom failing then as we are now. SFIV was still doing great (even adopted all the new SF characters from SFxT afterwards). But now we live in a post SFxT and SFV world. A world of stupid dlc schemes, downed servers and lack of content.

SFxT hate really started when it was found the entire roster was on the disk, but held from people to push the Vita release. The FUCKING VITA RELEASE, which was months away.
>>
>>382303203
>characters are functions
so that's where that meme came from
>tfw getting dragonball fighter z instead
tfw file too big
http://i.imgur.com/YvOqgoq.gif
>>
>>382302756
No. We know its shit. Why speculate? For characters? It's already leaked. And now we know it's true with characters shown at e3 demo. The games fucked. All of /v/ hates it.

The real question is, why do YOU like it?
>>
>>382299909
>Casuals havent played MvC3
???

It was the entirety of MVC3 playbase
>>
>>382303696
We are dealing with the same type of shills in Monster Hunter threads. Any criticism is met with strawman, hyperbole and deflection, and it's usually 1 or 2 guys samefagging everything and replying to their own posts.
>>
>>382303362
I assume all the Netflix characters (well, just Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist) will be part of a Defenders DLC pack. No Jessica Jones, because Ike Perlmutter hates women.

I'd guess what the Capcom mirror to that would be, but the initial Capcom roster is so uninspired and boring, I can't even imagine a list disappointing enough to sound credible.
>>
>>382303779
A small fanbase full of casuals does not mean all casuals cared enough to be part of said fanbase.
>>
>>382303362
No I meant the bosses and locations of the mind and soul stones and shit.
>>
>>382299216
I'm an MCU loving faggot, and even I think the roster is piss weak if it supposed to be pandering to me. Where's Loki? Where's Star-Lord? Where's Winter Soldier? Where's Scarlet Witch? Where's Vision?

and what kind of logic is 'you don't remember the X-Men anyway'? You can't just pretend there haven't been X-Men movies coming out regularly for the past 17 years.
Even the actual point, that they don't want to 'promote' movies being made by their competitors, is total hogwash.
>People who buy MvC will see the X-Men characters and then go spend money on Sony's movies
>People who are fans of Sony's movies would buy MvC to play their favorite mutants
the second scenario is clearly more likely to happen than the first
>>
>>382299216
>MvCI isnt being made for you, its for the casuals
By giving you a shitty and small roster, without actual characters.

Nope.
>>
>>382299725
>Mobile games selling
The whole reason we got MvCI is because their mobile division fucking tanked
>>
>>382303526

Fuck off, anon.
>>
>>382304023
Yeah, they used up the profits from MH4 to make mobile games. Fuck these retarded nips who run Capcom like a family business without having an ounce of business sense.
>>
>>382303825
Necalli, Chuck Greene, Wesker
Did you rike it
>>
>>382303949
>Where's Loki? Where's Star-Lord? Where's Winter Soldier? Where's Scarlet Witch? Where's Vision?
Fucking THIS. I was prepared to have a lack of X-Men characters and Dr. Doom, hell, I don't even play them. But shit should look slick as fuck compared to MvC3 and I should feel OVERWHELMED by the pandering to the movie crowd. Fucking Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury should be in the game. I should be seeing versions of every villain they've fought in the movies, from Red Skull to Ronan the Accuser. Instead it's mostly recycled stuff from MvC3, and not even all the good stuff.
>>
>>382299216
Ya'll said the same shit for SFV and look where that ended up. Casualizing shit is gonna get nothing but hate, besides the problem is the roster and graphics, not the way it plays.

So you can stop talking out of your ass now, sure it's more on the MCU side, but having a weak roster is by no means "casualizing" if all they did was take half the roster from MVC3 throw in some recent movie dudes.
>>
Game looks like shit lads
>>
>>382304150
I was talking about Marvel actually, their games tanked just as bad as Capcom's
It's like pottery
>>
>>382304157
I rike it well enough.
>>
>>382303696
We know its shit, but the casuals don't, because they don't research this type of stuff.
>>
>>382304157
Wesker is too exciting. Switch it to RE5 Jill instead
>>
>>382304023
And Disney Infinity wasn't successful enough for the Mouse's standards
>>
>>382299216
nah, casuals watch every capeshit, they watched deadpool, they watched all the x-men, noone limits himself to the MCU

MVCI it doesnt have x-men because Marvel doesnt let them, not because they want to cater to a nonexistent casual fanbase who would prefer if they wouldnt be in the game
>>
>game is made for casuals
>the only casual thing about it is an auto combo, which hasn't successfully garnered a casual market even once

P4A is the most successful go at this idea and the game surrounding "ease of use" wasn't something a casual could even hope to survive in. P4U2 having really bad numbers in Japan just goes to show in the end an auto combo just isn't enough.

MVC:I outside of the auto combo lets you tag whenever you want in all situations and has fucking gems with varying effects that lead to infinite blockstings, straight up trapping your opponent or filling the screen with bullshit. Who in their right mind thinks casuals will ever survive in this game where the actual free form aspect of it is designed to be as wild as possible?

A moderate player will make a casual have a bad time in a fighting game, but this game will take it to an entire new level and I absolutely can't wait for the fall out. I thought Injustice zoning was some of the funniest salt creators of this year, but this game or even DBFZ will take the cake easily.
>>
Any sad OC out there of this whole no X-Men debacle?
>>
File: 1498703022307.jpg (78KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1498703022307.jpg
78KB, 800x450px
Anyone else feel like MvCI's reveal was underwhelming and disappointing, especially compared to 3's?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni9L4_zKNrM
Still surprises me to look back and hear the cheers/ applause with the Ryu and X vs Iron Man and Captain Marvel trailer.
>>
What a shit game. XD
>>
>>382304479
I didnt say they would prefer no Xmen, but would they really care, or even know they are in the game before getting it?
>>
>>382299216
This is what I've been thinking, with the down, down inputs and all.

But I bet you casuals won't jump on MvCI.
>>
>>382304730
That reveal trailer was just full of more life than the in game cutscenes and promotional material
>>
>>382304730
Those trailers are still hype as fuck. All I really wanted was more stuff like those wordless trailers. Since Capcom is going cheap on the voice cast anyway, they probably should have gone that route for the story stuff.
>>
>>382304980
The casuals arent here. They wouldn't be talking about gaming here if they were casual gamers.
>>
>>382299216
It's fine with me. MVC3 was pretty shitty all-told, so the sooner the series goes under for good the better.

Just stick with making shit like tatsunoko vs instead.
>>
>>382304730
UMvC3's trailers were so fucking hype, man.

It's such a shame that Infinite is looking like it's going to be in 3's shadow.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.