[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 6707b52acc91f95a7d4c0fdef5b6095c.jpg (769KB, 1200x786px) Image search: [Google]
6707b52acc91f95a7d4c0fdef5b6095c.jpg
769KB, 1200x786px
is it shit?
>>
3 is alright but its incredibly repetitive. just get 2 and youre good
>>
>>382297720
what are differences, what makes 2 fun but not 3
>>
>>382297610
Bump
>>
A couple of steps forward, a lot more back.
>>
>>382298040
Not sure about the state of one but 3's multiplayer has absolutely zero players
>>
It runs like shit.
But it's fun.
But it runs like shit.
>>
Absolute garbage. Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>382298040
More detailed and varied world to explore. 3 has better physics but imo the wingsuit is clunky without upgrades and the world is just bland sea of flowers and cliffs, every town is the same and there's really no "big" cities. Also, 2's story doesn't take itself so seriously
>>
>>382300575

I assumed that they fixed the performance issues. I got it a few days ago, and it runs at over 100fps for me with everything on Very High on a GTX1060 with 8gb of ram. I get a warning about low ram every time I boot the game, but it runs great. About 40 hours of play time, and it crashed once.

The game itself is fairly good. Missions aren't very interesting and taking over towns and military bases isn't as fun as it should be (though slowly taking over the country town by town and district by district is kind of addicting), but just traversing the map in incredibly entertaining. The most fun I've had just fucking around in an open world since the Prototype games. Flying around in the wingsuit is really satisfying. Just don't bother with any of the DLC - it all sucks. They are very short, with only 2-3 missions each, and the production quality is very low (the cutscenes are just static drawings, missions are lame, etc.) One of the DLCs comes with an "upgrade" to the wingsuit that basically turns it into an Ironman suit, but it ruins the challenge and fun of the wingsuit altogether.
>>
I heard it was shit.
>>
>>382300475
Yes! This. Why they gimped so many options on ground and locked the upgrades behind annoying minigames, made the exploding stuff more satisfying but dumbed down the villages and unique places? Vehicles control like ass too and the game is super unoptimized
>>
>>382301154
dude gpu doesn't matter to performance as much as you think when i upgraded to same card as you i had almost the same frames, but when i upgraded to i7 7700k from i5 2500k 4.3ghz i got huge fps boost and can play game smooth while in past i had drops to 20-40 all the fucking time
>>
>>382302118

Huh. My CPU isn't that impressive, though. I have an i5 6500. I was thinking about upgrading my GPU soon, but do you think a CPU upgrade would be a better investment?
>>
I know caring about the story in a just cause game is retarded so why did the devs care about making an actual story in a just cause game
>>
>>382297610
It's pretty fun. repetitive. still fun. also, get the sky fortress dlc. you wont regret it!
>>
>>382301154
>"upgrade" to the wingsuit that basically turns it into an Ironman suit, but it ruins the challenge and fun of the wingsuit altogether.

no, it doesn't. just makes the game 10x better
>>
>>382303371

It made the game WAY too easy, and took any challenge away from flying with the wingsuit. It wasn't like it was difficult or anything, but it wasn't something you could do with your eyes closed. With the "upgrade" it just feels like you are flying in any other game. I had a lot of fun with being forced to make use of the grappling hook and parachute with the wingsuit before that.
>>
>>382297610
Both are reasonably good fun, I got hours out of experimenting with the new grapple features.
>>
>>382298040
>>382298040
Upgrade system is what I hated most, in JC2 you got upgrades by picking up items in the environment and looking around while in JC3 you do shitty ass minigames and you only get the upgrade points if you do it correctly

Also the world isn't nearly as good, it's just rolling fields and small towns, once you've done one town you've pretty much done 90% of the game. All that it really did better was making Rico more mobile and fast and allow you to destroy more with just your tether
>>
>>382297610
I refunded the game after it made me attack the same prefab police station with the exact same targets and tasks for the third time in a row.
They turned the concept of blowing stuff up into displaying a shopping list of designated tagets for you wherever you go.

I should have known when I found out that they didn't bring the people on board that modded JC2 and actually made it fun.
>>
>>382303986

The wingsuit challenges were great, though. I loved the serene music that played during them.
>>
On that note, why does the wingsuit song give me deja vu? Does anyone know what this might be reminding me of? Specifically the part that plays from 0:16-0:30?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vkRNyVnTWk
>>
>>382304278
There's a possibility you've seen a movie with the same music composer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Jackman
>>
Poor world design: too much copypasta and disjointed islands with long stretches of water between them. It's an alright game, but 2 is significantly better designed.
>>
File: 1462411793782.png (81KB, 526x469px) Image search: [Google]
1462411793782.png
81KB, 526x469px
Slightly better than JC2, but same shit.
Repetitive, boring and very very badly optimized.
Memory leaks still unfixed since launch, SLI\Crossfire not working, performance issues and most unfixed bugs.
Still a bretty gud game given the steam sales' price.
Buy it, but only if you like to blow up stuff, over and over again.
Also the dlcs are bretty gud as well.
>>
>>382304984
I was surprised at how enjoyable the Mech DLC was.
>>
>>382305106
Meh, the Sky Fortress and the Mech one were ok, the Sea one was very disappointing, given how boats are pretty boring, but at least the devs were honest about it since it is the only DLC out of the official 3 big ones that is really really cheap compared to the other two.
>>
File: 1496119372222.jpg (20KB, 363x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496119372222.jpg
20KB, 363x360px
The only thing that really pissed me off was the amount of scenery diversity they could have made.
They completely scrapped anything just to make some generic mediterranean bullshit place.
JC2 had deserts, jungles, islands, snowy peaks and more, JC3 is the same shit pretty much everywhere.
>>
>>382297610
I absolutely hate the rebel drop system in JC3. JC2's black market merchant was way better.
>Why is there a 5 beacon limit?
>Why do I need to wait for a few seconds after each purchase!?
>Why does my shit need to fucking explode every time before I can use it!!?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.