[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with the series, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

What went wrong with the series, /v/?
>>
the first game is literally the best in the series. it's all gone downhill since, with the emphasizing of shooting over platforming and the retarded upgrade systems
>>
>>382297425
they quit improving things and started making things worse
>>
>>382297425
The games stopped being made at 60fps
>>
>>382297425
I can't even play the first one with it's shitty camera system. The fact is that it aspired to be a third-person shooter with platformer camera system. The next two games are superior gameplay-wise.
>>
I have only played the one on PS4 and Tools of Destruction on PS3 and both were fantastic games.
>>
Nothing. I played every game in the series and never been disappointed besides the story in the ps4 one. It's rare that a game series can constantly have decent entry's,I love that feeling.
>>
>>382298374
this
>>
They ran out of dick jokes
>>
The original PS2 games set the bar high. And when the team wanted to move on, Sony forced them to keep making R&C. Staff got switched up, identity was lossed. I would love if they remade 2 & 3 like they did the original, afterall it would only get better.
>>
>>382298684
>PS4 Ratchet
>fantastic game
lmfao
>>
>>382297425
Combination of things:
>Starting with the PS3 set, they gave up one of their original goals of making all games 60 FPS
>They stopped making new and interesting weapons and started bringing back a ton of old ones, not even bothering to rename them or give them any unique functionality
>R&C Reboot was a combination of total lore rape on par with Starcraft 2 in terms of how much they fucked it up solely for a movie tie-in
There are other issues, but these are the big ones.
>>
>>382297835
>the first game is literally the best in the series
really?

i played it for 10 hours and it's not even 6 out of 10..

should i stop
>>
>>382300417
Yeah you should stop fucking breathing with that terrible taste of yours
>>
>>382297425
Um, nothing at all? The series has been going for 15 years and every mainline game has been good.
>>
>>382297425
The drop in rating from T to E10. Genuine humor almost fell out entirely in favor of set piece moments and "deep backstory".

In terms of play, this is series is more or less consistently good, though, barring certain newer exceptions (Quest for Booty being notably lowest: not even worth coming free with Into the Nexus)
>>
They didn't keep the breast expansion for the one alium girl
>>
>>382297835
Please promptly kill yourself if you actually think the first one is the best.
>>
File: 1409516365535.gif (421KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1409516365535.gif
421KB, 700x525px
>Hire creatives to make the PS2 games
>Fire them for PS3 and replace them with hollywood wannabes and tech-focused pseudocreatives
>WE NAUGHTYDOG NAO
>All downhill sense

Saw it firsthand. Always makes me laugh how /v/ thinks a company is one dev team.
>>
>>382300827
>The drop in rating from T to E10

That's might be due to the E10 rating not being made until March 2005, although Deadlocked kind of throws a wrench into the operation.

>In terms of play, this is series is more or less consistently good, though, barring certain newer exceptions (Quest for Booty being notably lowest: not even worth coming free with Into the Nexus)

Agreed, it's something that Insomniac is good at keeping.
>>
>>382297425
when the ps3 series started and they started getting shorter, easier, and the story stopped being innuendo-ridden and more dramatic and disney-esque
I mean it didn't stop ACiT from being a great game, and the reboot was alright although it still has those above criticisms a thousandfold, but 2 and 3 will always remain the pinnacle, and also deadlocked
>>
It went downhill after Up Your Arsenal. That was the peak of the series for me. People might disagree and say Going Commando but its all down to personal taste
>>
>>382302305
ACiT is the best game gameplay wise
>>
>>382302404
I honestly don't remember it as well as the ps2 ones. I remember that gliding around fast was cool though
>>
They've clearly run out of ideas.
>>
Everything
>>
>>382297425
would you rather eat a tasty burger handmade by a famous chef?
or would you rather eat an average burger made by someone who had eaten a tasty burger made by a famous chef?
it prides itself as a reboot but it's just a mediocre rehash with none of the original charm
>>
>>382297425
They halved the FPS, quadrupled the motion blur, and added a really shitty generic action movie soundtrack
>>
Movie. It fucked the story and characters right up and story was the strongest part of the first game.
>>
>>382297425
coop
why the fuck did they think it was a good idea?
also, a crack in time was fucking amazing at 60fps, im guessing the new ones are far from that
>>
File: TOPEM HAT boss face when.jpg (23KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
TOPEM HAT boss face when.jpg
23KB, 500x400px
>>382297835
>Going Commando & Up your Arsenal improving literally everything the first game had
>>
>people really liked to bash A4O
Was probably my fav R&C next to UYA/ACiT.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.