[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After almost two years of this game being released I ask you:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34KB, 238x293px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34KB, 238x293px
After almost two years of this game being released I ask you: what went wrong? Just fired it up on my PS4 a couple of hours ago and immediately remembered why I stopped playing: apart from the main quest and helping settlement meme quests I had no other missions. Nothing at all. This game feels emptier than Oblivion or Skyrim.
>>
>>382297319

Exploring felt like a chore, because of the same feral ghoul encounters. The side quests were shallow, and the world didn't have any atmosphere. It was a huge downgrade compared to New Vegas.

Graphics were nice, and the power armor upgrade was cool for a while. Was expecting so much more, though. Where were the vehicles? Open road + motorcycles you can customize, with road rash style battles was what we deserved.
>>
>>382297940
The dialog wheel (shit) really killed it too
>>
>>382297940
>the world didn't have any atmosphere

Was the choice of Boston the cause of this? New Vegas was so much better than this piece of crap, I don't know what to say.
>>
B-uy this game, senpai. I-it's really good.
>>
File: 1446023284725.jpg (35KB, 301x343px) Image search: [Google]
1446023284725.jpg
35KB, 301x343px
>>382298463
>>
>>382298019

It's not the setting they chose, but how they failed to deliver it. New England has a cool history of witchcraft, so why did they waste it on a shitty deathclaw quest? Why not have a faction of pagans that believe in witchcraft and have fucked up rituals? They could dress in strange costumes and have rebuilt the old houses? Neo-Amish?

Where was the Enclave? Surely they'd be in Boston as well? With all the old americana shit, why not? Better than having 1 boring minuteman. A morally grey group trying to seize power would've been nice.

Also, the institute was boring, and once inside there wasn't anything to do. There should have been more quests about tracking down rogue synths, and maybe a few about infiltrating settlements and replacing their leaders with synths. The brotherhood of steel wasn't much better. They felt out of place in the plot, like their presence didnt really impact anything at all.
>>
File: grigri.jpg (7KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
grigri.jpg
7KB, 300x224px
cant believe this garbage released almost two fucking years ago, and this is one of the better games that came out in recent years
growing up is awful
>>
>>382299173
I got so excited for the children of the atom to be a real faction but nooo
>>
>>382299403

putting them in dlc was such a waste of potential. After finishing their quest line, having to go back to vanilla fo4 and rescue settlements was annoying.
>>
>>382299173
Yeah, I guess you're right. Diamond City was also a piece of shit place without redeeming qualities. The whole thing just felt bleak and uninspired whilst New Vegas had actually cool shit happening with the Legion.
>>
>>382297319
>ennemies que samy
>the world is full of fetch quest compatible generic industrial ruins instead of real towns
>shooting is better than NV but guns are few and they ALL look like shit
>no perks and skills
>voiced protagonist
I think that's all, instead of Fallout we got Farcry.
>>
The game lacked an interesting story, it was ok. The side quest were clearly were not indepth and unique enough. there were some cool ones like the robot ship, that museum, and a few others i cant remember but most were all got to point A pick up item, bring it back. The minute men shit was sooo annoying. At first you try to get all the settlements and then you realize they are practically never ending and they ultimately have no effect on the game. The difficulty was never hard, even on the hardest settings you could still 1 shot people. The gun traits had a meta of trying to get a gun that fires 2 shots at the same time, all other guns became irrelevant once you acquired one. The melee combat wasnt that great and there were only like 4 melee weapons you could use. No power fist in power armor was lame. I also never liked the concept of VATS it takes no skill ive never used it in any fallout. Overall I played on survival and became too overpowered too quickly, 1 shotting everything, modding to avoid annoying concepts like eating and drinking and sleeping. I enjoyed the mods but they would often corrupt your file. Game was rushed and no real care for story.
>>
bethesda made it. that's simply it, any other company could have at least made it to where it isn't technically comparable with Sonic 06
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.