[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DROPPED! Games you quit after an hour?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: badbad.jpg (342KB, 1084x659px) Image search: [Google]
badbad.jpg
342KB, 1084x659px
So /v/, I bought these two on discount but it turns out I couldn't make it past the 2 hour mark on either of them.
1: Wipeout. I played it on PS3 and it didn't do anything for me there, and on PS4 where the lobbies are DEAD didn't change my mind.

2: Dragon Quest Heroes 2. Enjoyed Hyrule Warriors as a comfy podcast game, and the first DQH got monotonous after 10 hrs. I thought the new adventure mode would scratch the same itch but the fights are small and the dialog sucks.
>>
>Dragon Quest Heroes 2
>not better than Hyrule Warriors
>not the best musou game to date

pleb
>>
Fallout 4.
It was really fucking boring.
>>
File: CS.png (175KB, 250x357px) Image search: [Google]
CS.png
175KB, 250x357px
>>382291032
You guys told me it was better than Sticker Star.
It's not.
>>
>>382291159
HW has gigantic battles and the weapons seem more varied. I appreciate they tried to make an interesting story but it's so god damn slow. When does it get good?
>>
Eternal Sonata

Max Payne 3
>>
>>382291159
>>382291315
I played the demo on Switch. The combat seems really slow and stiff compared to HW. I did really enjoy DQH1, which also is not as fast as Hyrule Warriors.
>>
>>382291462
Yeah DQH1 had some big battles from the beginning and even though most of the battles were exactly the same there was a little bit of tension to set up proper defenses.
>>
>>382291032
Xenoblade Chronicles X
I was interested because /v/ told me it was a JRPG, and then when I finally saw gameplay and realized that it clearly was NOT a JRPG I was still interested because I thought all the attacks were still based on some kind of input. When I finally got the game it fucking literally played itself and all I had to do was move around and occasionally use arts. Fucking awful bullshit, dropped as soon as they made me choose a vague as fuck team without telling me what it affects.
>>
>>382291032
>PS4 where the lobbies are DEAD

This fucking killed me. Got the game and booted it up on staturday night at 8pm - completely dead in Australia with like 2 games going in America. That franchise is fucking dead. I still played through the single player for a little while but know that that the online is toast really dampens the experience. Doesn't help I 100%'d HD/Fury on PS3.
>>
>>382291032
So you bought Wipeout again when you didn't like it?
>>
File: d44m.jpg (170KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
d44m.jpg
170KB, 800x800px
>>
FEAR 3
>>
>>382291708
Criminally shit taste
>>
>>382291593
2 looks to be the same way. seriously, who does takahashi think this is fun?
>>
>>382291593
I hated the character designs but I tried it anyway, and I had the same experience as you. It really felt like Nintendo fanboys were hyping the shit out of it and I was stupid not to give it a shot. Really felt like a soulless game.
>>
>>382291682
I didn't hate it, just lost interest and that was years ago. The gameplay honestly is just not as good as Fast RMX.
>>
>>382291892
Most Nintendo fans didn't even buy it. Most autists didnt play it because you couldn't put fat tits on lolis without modding your Wii U.

It's a very complex game if you want a solo MMO.
>>
Undertale

I've started up a new game a few times now, because I hear about it constantly. But every time, after I beat Toriel, I just go "okay, I'll pick this up again later," but I never feel like playing it.
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 746x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 746x1000px
Assassin's Creed 2, Prototype, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Spelunky, Severed, Shovel Knignt, Bastion, and Zelda BotW
>>
>>382292050
Yeah I wasn't looking for an MMO so it lost me quick.
>>
>>382291804
yeah, you have it
>>
>>382291708
Something about that shotty always looked off to me.
>>
>>382292050
>fat tits
>lolis
pick one
>>
>>382292239
Oppai Loli > flat loli
>>
>>382291823
2 has a much better artstyle but that's not enough for me. Not even incredible monster design was enough to keep me playing X and that's one of the things I value most in games. Not to mention if 2 doesn't have dual audio I'll never even look twice at it.
>>
>>382292560
Those are dwarves
>>
Dropped Wolfenstein TNO pretty quickly.
>>
>>382291032
witcher 3 maybe? Probably a bit longer than an hour, but not far. Total garbage
>>
The Witcher 3

A lot of dialogue and weak gameplay
>>
File: sarsa.jpg (319KB, 590x1250px) Image search: [Google]
sarsa.jpg
319KB, 590x1250px
>>
>>382291961
You fucking wot mate.
>>
>>382291961
>The gameplay honestly is just not as good as Fast RMX.

Anon, your test results are in. I'm afraid... you've got some good tastes nigga
>>
>>382291032
World of Warcraft - All my friends were into it and finally convinced me to start a character on one of their spare accounts, despite my protests and warnings it really wasn't my thing. I tried to be open to it and get into it, but an hour in it was pretty apparent just how mindless and unnecessarily drawn-out the whole experience was gonna be.
Destiny - See above. I got bored of FPS games around Halo Reach, they all wanted me to get into it with them. I enjoyed Borderlands, so I gave it a go. Think the thing that got under my skin the most was the plot and the blank errand boy your character seems to be. Borderlands had preset characters, with humour and personality. If you have me make my own character, however, there's an expectation you either give me at least the illusion of choice or let me feel like I am in some way choosing to participate in the plot, not just Fallout4ing my way through conversation with everyone I meet.
Final Fantasy 13 - Jesus fucking christ. I like FF games, but the part I like about them is the turn-based RPG combat, and the ridiculous setting and plot is something I just skip to get back to playing the game.
Hawken - There are so many ways to make a mech game right. You know what isn't one of them? Just making another bland FPS with mech models and zero non-cosmetic customization.
Star Citizen - "So... it's a hanger?"
"Yeah, but look how good it looks."
"It's a hanger."
"Yeah, but..."
"You spent how much on this? I'm pretty sure you got scammed."

I'm a picky bastard, but I usually give a game a decent chance before deciding it's shit and not worth my time. Even then I can usually get some fun out of it by just making fun of it as I play.
>>
>>382291032
Horizon Zero Dawn for me.
The game had potential, but i didn't like the setting or the story. It felt more like a chore to play
>>
File: gravityrush2.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
gravityrush2.png
3MB, 1600x900px
it wasnt an hour, i was actually about halfway into the game because i genuinely wanted to like it but i just cant. i expected this to be the bigger budget console version of the original but this game could have easily been on the vita. also those stealth missions can go fuck themselves, i fucking hate when non stealth games add stealth missions.
>>
I brought wipeout this morning, playerbase is dead but game is still fun, having some friends over tonight and I'm gonna smash 'em dead. Any tips boys?
>>
File: Killzone_Shadow_Fall_Box.jpg (33KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
Killzone_Shadow_Fall_Box.jpg
33KB, 256x320px
>Nuke the Helghast in Killzone 3
>Unintentionally destroy the planet (kinda)
>Helghan refugees flee to Vekta
>Vektans give the refugees HALF THE FUCKING PLANET
>AND LET THEM KEEP THEIR MILITARY

LET ME REPEAT.

THE PEOPLE WHOSE PLANET YOU JUST NUKED AND DESTROYED. AND HAVE EVERY REASON TO HATE YOU. GET LITERALLY HALF YOUR PLANET. AND ARE ALLOWED TO STAY MILITARIZED.

Hated the setup for the plot, and the gameplay was just bad.
>>
File: 45300_1200257042405_full.jpg (13KB, 200x209px) Image search: [Google]
45300_1200257042405_full.jpg
13KB, 200x209px
>>382297343
>AND LET THEM KEEP THEIR MILITARY
I was wondering if should play it or not. Thanks.
>>
>>382297837
Literally didn't play past the first real mission. Save your money.
>>
Breath of the Wild.

I can't stand open world games. They feel a lot less challenging and pretty directionless when it comes to designing interesting areas.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.