[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of these is the better video game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: deus_shock.png (555KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
deus_shock.png
555KB, 800x400px
Which one of these is the better video game?
>>
Deus Ex you dummy.
>>
Deus Ex's level design, dialogue, and narrative are just too solidly better for it to not be the better game.
>>
system shock 2 turns to shit at the end
>>
>>382288078

The build up to the end was hit, but the actual ending was great.
>>
>>382287810
system shock is great when you want to wear your fedora with pride and feel unique, deus ex is just an amazing game
>>
They're both great. Just play them.
>>
They aren't even comparable. One is an RPG with heavy emphasis on dialogue, while the other is an FPS with heavy emphasis on monologue.
>>
>>382287810
System Shock because despite Deus Ex having all the deep conspiracy stuff the gameplay is pretty much identical every game, sneak up or kill bunch of guys until you get to the objective, next mission ,repeat
>>
>>382288216
Nah.
>>
System Shock 2 has more refined gameplay, better audio design, and more challenge, but Deus Ex has a better narrative, more player empowerment, arguably better level design, and a bit more charm.

I will always prefer Deus Ex, but if it weren't for SS2's awful ending (not just the cutscene, but the level and bossfight), I might have said it was better. With GMDX (Deus Ex) and Secmod (System Shock 2), DX is the winner.
>>
Deus Ex because I think it's better at being an immersive sim. They're both part of my personal favorites though.
>>
>>382287810
Deus Ex, hands down.
>>
>>382287810
Deus Ex, no question.
>>
>>382290207
If I tried playing DX but thought the gameplay was too shite for my nu-babby standards, will GMDX make it a good experience?
>>
>>382287810
SS2 is complete fucking trash after you leave the first ship.
I'll take a mediocre game all the way through over a half good/half terrible game any day.
>>
SS2 except for the ending.

Deus Ex feels like a poor attempt at emulating the SS2 gameplay.
>>
>>382291127
Absolutely will. New version comes out in two days, so prepare to have your mind blown.
>>
>>382291437
Deus Ex wasn't competing with System Shock.
>>
deus ex
ss2 is kind of unfinished
>>
>>382291437
Why do people think Deus Ex was inspired by SS2? The reason they're so similar is they both have heavy roots in Looking Glass' games, which were all Immersive Sims with a similar design philosophy. Not to mention DX's Warren Spector was the producer of the original System Shock.

I know for a fact that the DX team played SS2 when it was released, but they didn't suddenly switch gears and try to copy SS2 between August 1999 and June 2000, it was a 28 month development process based on a game concept Spector had in 1994.
>>
>>382287810
Westernshit.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.