[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were MMOs ever good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1441922189855.jpg (73KB, 543x549px) Image search: [Google]
1441922189855.jpg
73KB, 543x549px
Were MMOs ever good?
>>
WoW and FFXI used to be legitimately great games. That was a long time ago.
>>
>>382287037
MMOs are only ever as good as the community playing them, as none of them have truly engaging gameplay.

Most people are morons and most if not all online communities are filled with idiots.

Thus, MMOs have never been and will seemingly never be good.
>>
>>382287037
No, It was the sense of community that tricked most people into thinking it was good.
>>
No. They were novel at best.
>>
>>382287108
Ffxi 75cap private servers are still great. I still party up with Bros and do sky, limbus and sea every weekend.
>>
>>382287037
fuck what anyone else says. WoW was a life-changing experience
>>
>>382289013
You mean life-ruining
>>
>>382287037
No, MMOs are cancer, good job on finally figuring that out.
>>
No. Some people just think they were good because they played back when nobody knew how to play the game and everyone just fucked around.
>>
God I miss FFXI, some of the best times I've ever had in a video game were playing it with my older brother and my 3 friends.
>>
>>382287168
This. Remove the people and MMO gameplay is completely and utterly shallow when you aren't doing it with other people/friends.
>>
>>382289013

Yeah, because of the people you met.

Not the game itself.

The platform itself doesnt matter. You could replace WoW in your comment with any other MMO out there:

>Ragnarok Online
>Maple story
>Runescape
>FFXI
>etc...

It doesnt matter. It was the people, not the game, that gave you that experience.
>>
They were good and still are good. People just cling to their titles that have only let them down instead of moving on and declare the genre dead.
>>
>>382290549
Not really. GW2 has better gameplay experience than the Witcher for example. Koreans MMOs have a very shallow RPG experience but its intended to be a relaxing grind experience.
>>
File: 1498737997264.gif (2MB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498737997264.gif
2MB, 286x400px
>>382290594
good post anon
>>
>>382290820
GW2 has worse gameplay than GW1, and GW1 falls into the "it's shit without the people" category already.
>>
OSRS is about as close to "actually good" as I can remember, if you were a member of course. You can say it's nostalgia, you can make up whatever reasons you want to say my belief isn't valid

>that slow progression from nobody into hero
>truly open world that you could explore at your leisure
>PvP with actual stakes
>Varied quests that pushed you to level many different skills to complete them
>comfy as fuck

If someone could make an RPG with the amount of variance in quests that Runescape had, I'd probably name it game of the eon. While Guthix Sleeps blows most modern RPG quests out of the water.
>>
>>382287037
no, anytime anyone has thought an mmo was a good game is just a misconception, in reality they just found good people
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.