[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Luigis-Mansion-Dark-Moon.png (220KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
Luigis-Mansion-Dark-Moon.png
220KB, 600x335px
What went wrong?
>>
Absolutely nothing

I liked the different mansions approach. Felt more varied than the original.
>>
The 3ds
>>
>>382286667
>no varied portrait ghosts with their own little backstories
>that goddamn ice boss

All in all, it was pretty good and I liked that they remembered Luigi's Mansion existed but it felt like it could've been so much more.
>>
>>382286667
After all this time, there's only been 2 Luigi's Mansion games! Where's Luigi's Mansion 3?
>>
>>382286667
nothing
was maybe a bit long winded if you went for 100% but then no one forced me to do that so idk
I can't recall any glaring issues EXCEPT that the ghosts looked like they were made by brits and it's kind of jarring
>>
File: 1484284138585.jpg (349KB, 1238x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1484284138585.jpg
349KB, 1238x1223px
>>382286667
It was a good game, held back by being on the fucking 3ds...
>>
>>382286667
Not much. They stayed true to the original game, and didn't castrate it in the way that Alphadream did with Paper Jam and the Paper Mario series.
>>
>>382287301
>mission based
>not castrated
>>
>>382287249
>tfw no Luigi's Mansion on switch
I'd even buy a switch from a scalper if it was announced
>>
its a solid game, but I didn't care for it being mission based, and I think I would prefer one great mansion over 4 ok mansions
>>
Nothing similar to the portrait ghosts
Less creepy atmosphere
>>
>>382287436
>it's a fucking portable
>also, every mission is different and makes you explore the mansions under many different ways, making you deeply interact with each room and object
>>
>>382286667
Nothing really but the mission style they went for due to it being portable turned a few people off. Multiplayer was a blast in it

>>382287138
That ice boss really was irritating
>>
>>382287138
>>382288073
the ice boss was my favorite
fight me nerds
>>
not on pc
>>
>>382288249
You can bait better than that, anon
>>
File: spook.png (340KB, 738x409px) Image search: [Google]
spook.png
340KB, 738x409px
>yfw
>>
>>382286667
Wasn't funky enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdtM1hiQCw
>>
>>382286667
Should of been on wii u
>>
>Oh look, a balloon. Seems obvious what to do hear
>Start blowing air into the balloon and rising
>Game interrupts me and returns me to the ground to tutorialize balloons
>This phase of the game lasts upwards of an hour
>>
Too many missions about the stupid ghost dog, other than that fun game desu
>>
>>382286823
this and this only

it was a pretty great sequel
>>
The developers fell for the "handheld means nobody can ever play it for more than ten minutes at a time" meme which had a knock-on effect in making the game worse in most regards.
I thought it was terrible.
Then I went and played Luigi's Mansion (I only played for a little while when it first came out and never finished it) which made me even more angry over how much worse Dark Moon is.
>>
File: 1364875730694.jpg (228KB, 1479x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1364875730694.jpg
228KB, 1479x1700px
Honestly, not much. The mission-based structure was pretty crap compared to save points in the first game, but otherwise I thought it was a fucking fantastic sequel. You interacted more with the environments and the gems were hidden ridiculously well. I didn't really miss the portrait ghosts too much because the regular ghosts in Dark Moon were actually pretty charming. I want polterpup back so bad.
>>
>>382288601
That entire final section was pretty fucking great. King Boo moving inside a photograph was amazing
>>
>>382288046
>portable
Not an excuse
>missions
I think having a hub with the mansions as different levels to explore and progress through would have been a better idea
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.